Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» What would you like to see this developer work on next?
by TripOpt55 Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» What have you been listening to?
by TripOpt55 Yesterday at 3:47 pm

» The Games You Played August 2017
by BretBaber Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:04 pm

» Rick and Morty Discussion
by TripOpt55 Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:55 pm

September 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by BretBaber on Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:51 am

Beat Uncharted today and loved every minute of it. These games make me feel the way Metal Gear Solid games make me feel, I just love them from beginning to end (minus Phantom Pain which I did enjoy, just disappointed in the story).

Started up Final Fantasy XIV a couple days ago. Pretty fun game, but also really overwhelming. Never really played an MMO before, they really throw a lot at you at once. The monthly subscription is waved up until level 35, so that's pretty cool. Hopefully it doesn't take over me and consume my life like some of these games do with people.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:45 pm

I played through The Lost Legacy a couple times now. It is just excellent. I loved it. On top of everything I praised before it has these two perfect sequences. One is one of those slower downtime moments that Naughty Dog does so well. It felt made for me. Really made my heart sing. And then I think it has the new high water mark for action setpieces. It isn't as original as some of the others, but the design is just superb and it is full of little unique moments. Incredible. Don't have much bad to say other than that I one of the photo collectibles bugged on me and won't register! Going for the platinum and that is a bit of a stick in my spokes.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher on Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:26 am

Beat Lost Legacy. Damn fine game. Actually gives 2 competition for my favorite in the series. Can't think of any sequence I didn't really like actually. Even some of the stuff I thought I wouldn't care for didn't bother me here.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX on Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:19 pm

Playing FFXII: The Zodiac Age. I'm actually enjoying it even more now than I did when it first came out, and I loved it back then. Such a good game. I might make it my second ever Platinum trophy if I can beat a couple of the super-hard bosses.

PSN: Super_King666
Nintendo: SanAndreasX
Steam: San_Andreas_X
3DS Friend Code: 2294-5129-1033
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:27 pm

Playing a bit of the new Madden. I am looking forward to trying that story mode thing they added. Seems pretty interesting. I have the Mario + Rabbids coming in from GameFly too.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:23 am

Still chipping away at FF14. I think I'll be doing that for the rest of my life. Game has so much content, and that's not even touching the two other expansions.

Everybody's Golf is great. I never played them on PS1 or PS2, but so far this one is better than the PS3 and Vita version I played. I really enjoy the RPG aspect of it. There's nothing better than chipping in a 30+ yard shot.

Still undecided on Destiny 2 launch day purchase. I want it, the only reason I might not is because I'm really trying to commit a lot of time to FF14. I'll probably cave though.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:21 pm

I started playing Mario + Rabbids. It looks really nice and has some great music. There was at least one great remix of a Mario tune I noticed so far. The art direction is very pleasant and really consistent despite mashing up two series. I know Odyssey will be technically superior, but I think I prefer overall look of this better. The gameplay seems pretty good, but I don't have much to compare it to. They keep adding little tweaks to it that I enjoy. I usually can only do a couple battles before I put it down. It isn't like an action game or shooter where I'm exactly excited to play more battles, but that is probably just my lack of care for the genre. I'm not sure if it will lose me before I finish as I hear it is 15-20 hours long, but it is pretty cool so far.

I'm also playing the Madden Longshot mode. Not a huge fan so far I guess, but they have been letting me play a bit more as it has gone on. The drills have real random controls though and they just throw you out there and expect you to know how to do each. I've restarted a couple drills because of that. Seemed a bit unfair, I don't know. Even showing a little box with controls before the start of the drill would be nice.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:07 am

Sounds like that mode is a big rip off from FIFA. It's the story mode right? In FIFA they tell you in the loading screen how to do the drills. Plus when you play Career Mode you can assign players different drills, so from that you typically know how to do them too.

I've played some of the story mode in FIFA, I'm just not a fan of the league they put you in. English soccer is the most popular so it make sense, but I'm a fan of the Italian game.

What position do you play as? I'm assuming it's something offensive related, since that would probably be the most fun and easiest to build a story around.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:24 am

Yeah, it is a story mode. The gist of the mode is you play as a top high school prospect who drops out of college early on. Then four years later makes a run at the NFL through a combine they have for longshot prospects. You are a QB. It is basically a mix of Telltale dialogue options (they quiz you on some football stuff which is cool, have you memorize playcalls, etc.), drills, and then actual football (mostly high school flashbacks so far). It has grown on me after playing some more today. Now I know most of the drills I guess. There may be a way to play them outside of the story mode to get to know them like you said, but I just played a couple exhibition games before trying this.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher on Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:21 am

That's an interesting idea. Bare minimum it's cool they're trying something new with Madden. I decided to pick Nier Automata back up and try to knock it out, but forgot too much of the story so started a new game. Fortunately this game has a damn great opening level. Hoping I can beat it this time then give the NG+ modes a try.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:16 pm

I finished Mario + Rabbids. I really liked it. The movement abilities during combat are really cool. It is a bit like a puzzle trying to figure out how to handle things. My favorite character to use was Rabbid Luigi. He had these really cool vampire dashes where sliding through enemies would steal some health. Rabbid Yoshi was the funniest character though. The way he ran cracked me up. Outside the battles, you get to explore/solve some puzzles. There isn't much story, but there were some pretty funny moments. I really liked the third world boss. I downloaded Invisible, Inc. (it was on PS+) and added the upcoming Mario and Luigi remake to my GameFly queue based on your guys' recommendations.

I started up Sonic Mania. Pretty cool so far.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:54 pm

I beat Sonic Mania (not all the Chaos Emeralds yet though, so sort of I guess). Really fun time. Very nostalgic. It is interesting to start in a level that is so familiar and then see it go in new directions. I'm kind of mixed on the new platforming gimmicks and boss fights. Some were great. Some I could have done without. The music is incredible. Probably my favorite gaming soundtrack of 2017.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top