July 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by volvocrusher on Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:35 pm

Actually just beat 2 and they do give you the running shoes in that one. So that's pretty awesome. Can't wait to get the relics.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:08 am

I finished up Crash 3. It remains my favorite of the trilogy. Going to go for the platinum on this while I figure out what to play next. I might come back and go for 2's as well after a break.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:09 am

3 is my favorite too, but only for the package as a whole. I think I'd like 2 more if 3 didn't have the time trials. 3 has better level design and more interesting ares, but there is less of the platforming compared to 2. Both are some of my all time favorite games, but if 3 had another zone (not counting the bonus one since it adds no full platforming levels) my only minor gripe with it would go away.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher on Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:04 am

Traded in all my used games I ended up getting Steam/Origin copies of during Gamestop's sale last week. Funny thing is I got almost all of those via Humble Bundle for a different game and used that credit to get Yoshi's Wooly World, Kirby Planet Robobot, and Xenoblade 3D in their B2G1F sale. Been bringing my 3DS into work now and playing them on my break. Yoshi and Kirby are both great so far, especially Kirby. The mech suit is an awesome idea that uses the powers in fun, new ways and the level design is really inspired.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:20 pm

I played through Monument Valley II on my iPhone. Like the first a pretty cool game with neat puzzles and beautiful visuals.

I just got Nier: Automata in from GameFly, so that is next for me.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:20 pm

I am partway through Route B on Nier: Automata now. I have sort of mixed feelings on the experience so far. I like the core combat, but typical encounters get a bit repetitive after a while. I really enjoy the boss fights though. I also enjoy the arcade-style shooter bits. They break things up nicely. The mission design particularly side stuff is pretty eh.

When I started Route B, I thought it was a neat idea because the first area is a totally different thing, but having to repeat other missions feels like a bit of a slog so far. I'm not sure the little extra story insights have felt worth it so far. I wish they had condensed this portion a bit maybe, but I've only put a little time into it and I assume later bits of it will be more interesting.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube on Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:04 am

Route B is where the story/heavy sci-fi bits really start. It is a bit of a slog but worth it in my opinion.

Steam: Krubixcube         3DS Friend Code: 1950-9553-1102         PSN:KrubixCube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher on Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:28 pm

Picked up Styx: Shards of Darkness on a Steam sale. Basically a mix of Thief and Tomb Raider. Been freaking loving this game. Has some great level design and really fun objectives. Plus stealth and platforming go so well together. Would recommend checking it out.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Today at 1:29 pm

I finished Nier: Automata (got endings A-E which I think suffices as finishing it). It was a cool game. The story was pretty thought-provoking and fascinating if a bit silly too at times. I enjoyed the characters as well.

The combat was great and the boss fights were the best parts. The multi-phase boss before the game's final decision is incredible. Some of the regular encounters got a little boring at times, but not too bad.

I think the game was probably at its best in the main missions particularly when first going to new areas when they could structure encounters and have bosses and mix in the arcade-style gameplay. Side missions could be interesting for the story/character stuff, but were often incredibly bland from a gameplay perspective. The open-world is pretty meh too.

I still think Route B could have been condensed in ways to improve the pacing of the whole thing. Anyway, I had a good time with the game. Might try some more side missions before I send it back to GameFly.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top