The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+5
avidacridjam
SanAndreasX
KillaAssassin11
TheMatt
ajapam
9 posters

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 6 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:08 am

I finished up Crash 3. It remains my favorite of the trilogy. Going to go for the platinum on this while I figure out what to play next. I might come back and go for 2's as well after a break.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:09 am

3 is my favorite too, but only for the package as a whole. I think I'd like 2 more if 3 didn't have the time trials. 3 has better level design and more interesting ares, but there is less of the platforming compared to 2. Both are some of my all time favorite games, but if 3 had another zone (not counting the bonus one since it adds no full platforming levels) my only minor gripe with it would go away.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:04 am

Traded in all my used games I ended up getting Steam/Origin copies of during Gamestop's sale last week. Funny thing is I got almost all of those via Humble Bundle for a different game and used that credit to get Yoshi's Wooly World, Kirby Planet Robobot, and Xenoblade 3D in their B2G1F sale. Been bringing my 3DS into work now and playing them on my break. Yoshi and Kirby are both great so far, especially Kirby. The mech suit is an awesome idea that uses the powers in fun, new ways and the level design is really inspired.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:20 pm

I played through Monument Valley II on my iPhone. Like the first a pretty cool game with neat puzzles and beautiful visuals.

I just got Nier: Automata in from GameFly, so that is next for me.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:20 pm

I am partway through Route B on Nier: Automata now. I have sort of mixed feelings on the experience so far. I like the core combat, but typical encounters get a bit repetitive after a while. I really enjoy the boss fights though. I also enjoy the arcade-style shooter bits. They break things up nicely. The mission design particularly side stuff is pretty eh.

When I started Route B, I thought it was a neat idea because the first area is a totally different thing, but having to repeat other missions feels like a bit of a slog so far. I'm not sure the little extra story insights have felt worth it so far. I wish they had condensed this portion a bit maybe, but I've only put a little time into it and I assume later bits of it will be more interesting.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:04 am

Route B is where the story/heavy sci-fi bits really start. It is a bit of a slog but worth it in my opinion.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:28 pm

Picked up Styx: Shards of Darkness on a Steam sale. Basically a mix of Thief and Tomb Raider. Been freaking loving this game. Has some great level design and really fun objectives. Plus stealth and platforming go so well together. Would recommend checking it out.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:29 pm

I finished Nier: Automata (got endings A-E which I think suffices as finishing it). It was a cool game. The story was pretty thought-provoking and fascinating if a bit silly too at times. I enjoyed the characters as well.

The combat was great and the boss fights were the best parts. The multi-phase boss before the game's final decision is incredible. Some of the regular encounters got a little boring at times, but not too bad.

I think the game was probably at its best in the main missions particularly when first going to new areas when they could structure encounters and have bosses and mix in the arcade-style gameplay. Side missions could be interesting for the story/character stuff, but were often incredibly bland from a gameplay perspective. The open-world is pretty meh too.

I still think Route B could have been condensed in ways to improve the pacing of the whole thing. Anyway, I had a good time with the game. Might try some more side missions before I send it back to GameFly.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:40 pm

Pretty much my thoughts exactly, actually. I mean, I think one's enjoyment of the game comes almost entirely by how much you get into the weird philosophical sides of the story.

Also, I never played the original Nier but a friend of mine told me how it connects and it's actually pretty cool.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:12 pm

Started up Splatoon 2. Only tried the single-player so far. It's fun. Didn't really play enough to see what all is different. Looking forward to trying the co-op during Nintendo-approved time periods when I get the chance.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:33 pm

I'm playing The Order 1886 for some reason. It's not the worst game ever, it's alright to play with some tunes on in the background (Spotify connect rules btw), but I'm morbidly curious to see how uninspired it all is. There's lots of pieces here that could make for a fun game, they're just handled in the dullest, most generic way possible. It's like a museum of 2010s videogame-isms. I'd like to see the idea done by a team that doesn't take it so seriously
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:14 pm

I really hope they make another game. I enjoyed the game, but I wasn't somebody that spent $60 on the game. I rented it from Red Box for around $3. I'm glad I played it, and I hope Sony gives it one more chance.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:27 pm

I want another Order also but I want it to be nothing like the first one. Didn't care for it at all, but the basic idea was still solid. I'd rather they not put in a single human enemy, instead only use enemies in Castlevania games. I'd love a shooter where I'm fighting werewolves, vampires, mummies, Frankenstein monster (have Tesla team up with Mary Shelly for that), and anything else they can come up with. No zombies though. We have enough zombies everywhere else
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:15 pm

I realize it isn't exactly a one or the other kind of proposition, but Sony has so many good franchises/games it could greenlight a sequel to that I can't find myself craving an Order 2 at all.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:56 am

Played quite a bit of Splatoon 2. Feels like a very safe sequel, but still fun. The single-player is probably about as good as the first's, but that just felt way more fresh. I had never seen any of the level gimmicks before in the first one. So those just couldn't impress me as much the second time, but there were some cool new mechanics/weapons. Final Boss was a let down compared to the first.

I've only played Turf War in competitive. Once again, very similar, but still fun. The big new addition is co-op and that is really cool. I honestly like that it is short matches just like competitive. It is easy just to squeeze a few matches in. Both very pick up and play. Easy to get a handle on and help the team.

The thing that holds the whole game back is all the map/mode rotation stuff. Not being able to play co-op any time is particularly ridiculous. I don't understand how they can fuck this up so badly even after feedback from the first.

I've actually been playing a good bit of it in handheld form and it has been going pretty well. I can basically just slide my right hand down to be more comfortable on the right stick since you don't use the face buttons as much.

And honestly just nice to be playing something on my Switch again. First game I've put significant time into since Zelda.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:10 am

I picked it up too. Didn't dabble too much in Splatoon 1, just the single player then sent it back to Gamefly, wasn't too into it. Glad I didn't now because I like being able to play it in portable mode as well as a TV. Online games while watching TV is just great. But I'm not a fan of the restrictions either. Other than that having a blast.

Also picked up Hey Pikmin for 3DS since there was a glitch on Amazon and was able to snag it for $7. Tried it on my break at work, pretty neat so far. Basically a DS game on the 3DS. Olimar never leaves the bottom screen, touch screen is used for everything except movement. Mostly focus on puzzles, very Yoshi esque level design, but with Pikmin mechanics. Worth a rental if you want a 3DS game.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:40 pm

Finally bought myself a copy of Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age. I happened to score a used steelbook copy (the DLC insert wasn't redeemed for once) and I also grabbed the game guide. I'm looking forward to diving back into this monster.

I also forgot that Diablo 3 has added the Necromancer class DLC so I bought that as well. It's been too long since I've played one of my top 5 games of all time.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:45 am

Once money is a little better I want to give FFXII another try. I wasn't keen on it when it first came out but I think I'd be more hospitable to it now (I was a very butthurt it wasn't another straight JRPG at the time).
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:43 am

I'd say if it wasn't for the lackluster story, it would be one of my favorite Final Fantasy games. I really like the battle system and the License Points. It's kind of like Final Fantasy X and XIII, but gives you a lot more freedom.

Plus Fran is one of the coolest games in the series, it's just too bad they basically made her the worst character to use.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:50 pm

Been getting really into Splatoon 2. I agree it's too safe a sequel, but god damn is it fun and having it in handheld mode while I watch TV or a movie is so great. First online game on a handheld I've really enjoyed this much, everything on 3DS, DS, and PSP felt a bit too limiting or basic while the Vita didn't have much to offer me there (not a Killzone fan)
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:39 am

Started up Final Fantasy XV. Played a couple hours. The guys are pretty funny together. I'm still getting a grasp on the combat, but I think it is pretty interesting. Looking forward to playing it some more!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:49 am

Do you ever use Twitch? If I'm ever on and not playing anything I'd watch you play.

People either hated the characters banter or loved it. I loved it personally. Thought it was an interesting way to tell the story for the series.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:50 am

I never really do the streaming thing. I think I'd be a little self-conscious with people watching me play.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:51 pm

I played through Hellblade this week. I really liked it. The gameplay is sort of up and down. It is more puzzle-driven than combat-driven (I was expecting the latter). The puzzles are at times pretty neat and others very dull. The combat is simplistic. It starts out too easy. Then it ramps up. Eventually I think they go overboard with enemies to try and up the difficulty and it more just feels like fights take forever as opposed to being a lot harder. I liked some of the boss fights too.

The game definitely shines more on the presentation side of things. I feel like it was a pretty respectful look at mental illness that really put you in the lead character's shoes as well as it could. The main actress' performance is really great. The sound design is incredible and I think playing with headphones is best. Outstanding graphics too especially Senua's character model and facial expressions. A cool game.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:09 am

Sonic Mania is everything I hoped and dreamed it would be. It's basically Member berries for Sonic fans.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:26 pm

Once money is more stable I'm planning to get it for the girlfriend as Sonic 1 & 2 were her jam growing up.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:40 pm

I think Mania might replace 2 as my favorite Sonic game. God this year has been so good to me for games. Crash remakes and two new additions to my top 10 games.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:15 am

Played about three hours of Uncharted: The Lost Legacy tonight. Having a total blast so far. It has all the things I love about Uncharted: top-notch third-person shooting, great characters/dialogue/storytelling, and beautiful graphics. Plus a few new gameplay tweaks that expand on some things. Won't say more than that for now, but I'm loving it so far.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:43 am

I haven't gotten to these new gameplay tweaks that you speak of. At least I don't think I have. I'm only 2 hours in though. Can't wait to get back to it tonight after work and a little push mowing.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:51 am

Beat Uncharted today and loved every minute of it. These games make me feel the way Metal Gear Solid games make me feel, I just love them from beginning to end (minus Phantom Pain which I did enjoy, just disappointed in the story).

Started up Final Fantasy XIV a couple days ago. Pretty fun game, but also really overwhelming. Never really played an MMO before, they really throw a lot at you at once. The monthly subscription is waved up until level 35, so that's pretty cool. Hopefully it doesn't take over me and consume my life like some of these games do with people.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next