The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Bullshit Thread

+7
ajapam
A Roguish Ham
BretBaber
Krubixcube
Miraculous Kaydybug
pspiddy
volvocrusher
11 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Bullshit Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Bullshit Thread

Post by Krubixcube Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:23 pm

Well that hits the nail on the head really. People have this insecure need to bring people down to their level.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:17 am

volvocrusher wrote:We land on a comet andall people can focus on is the guy's shirt. This is why we barely make any progress in space travel.

That's not true at all.

Kim Kardashian's greasy bare ass "broke the Internet", or so I've heard.

Honestly, though, the space program has largely stalled because our government no longer has a need to get into military penis-waving contests with the Soviet Union, which was the original impetus for the space race.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:10 am

We need the Soviets back. OR, we just need some crazy rich guy to colonize the moon and then the government will be all like "THAT GUY CAN'T COLONIZE THE MOON WITHOUT 'MERIKUH!!"
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by SanAndreasX Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:09 pm

Krubixcube wrote:We need the Soviets back. OR, we just need some crazy rich guy to colonize the moon and then the government will be all like "THAT GUY CAN'T COLONIZE THE MOON WITHOUT 'MERIKUH!!"

I don't know if it would do much good at this point even if there were a Cold War. The military has been trending towards smaller but more efficient devices that will leave the land you're trying to take in usable condition after the enemy is destroyed, as opposed to big, showy displays of radioactive force, and that was a trend that started even before the USSR went down. Nowadays it would take some serious financial incentive to get the space program going the way it was in the 60s and 70s.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:53 pm

You're saying that another Cold War would be a bad thing for society? HA! Nah, it'd be great. We'd just wake up in fear every day, what's not to love?

It just depresses me we got to the moon with guys using slide rules and now that we have advanced computers and better materials we still aren't up there.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:35 pm

SanAndreasX wrote:
Krubixcube wrote:We need the Soviets back. OR, we just need some crazy rich guy to colonize the moon and then the government will be all like "THAT GUY CAN'T COLONIZE THE MOON WITHOUT 'MERIKUH!!"

I don't know if it would do much good at this point even if there were a Cold War. The military has been trending towards smaller but more efficient devices that will leave the land you're trying to take in usable condition after the enemy is destroyed, as opposed to big, showy displays of radioactive force, and that was a trend that started even before the USSR went down. Nowadays it would take some serious financial incentive to get the space program going the way it was in the 60s and 70s.

Which is sad because you'd assume that we were polluting this planet to the point where it may become inhospitable for us sooner rather than later would be one pretty big incentive. But no, everything needs to give people more money for it to be worthwhile.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:53 pm

Politicians only think of things in terms of their election years. Long-term thinking is entirely beyond most of them.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:34 am

Krubixcube wrote:You're saying that another Cold War would be a bad thing for society? HA! Nah, it'd be great. We'd just wake up in fear every day, what's not to love?

It just depresses me we got to the moon with guys using slide rules and now that we have advanced computers and better materials we still aren't up there.

My mother still remembers "duck and cover" drills during her school days in the oh-so-idyllic 1950s, where you'd get under your desk curled up in a ball in case the nukes started falling. Or, as she put it, "put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye."
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:35 am

pspiddy wrote:
Krubixcube wrote:Politicians only think of things in terms of their election years. Long-term thinking is entirely beyond most of them.

That's giving WAY too much credit to the majority of them; Federal or state level. The scary truth is they truly believe what they are saying and honestly think it's in the country's -if not world's- best interest. And the majority of them also truly believe they speak for the "moral" majority.

There's really too much to discuss to really go into it. Let's just say God gave us the earth and we will all get our own planet when we die. (I shit you not that's a wide held belief in a lot of religions) So NASA breakthroughs like solar energy and such are an affront to how God intended us to decimate this earth for our own benefit. (I shit you not that a lot of religions also teach that)

Kolob?
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:37 am

volvocrusher wrote:
SanAndreasX wrote:

Which is sad because you'd assume that we were polluting this planet to the point where it may become inhospitable for us sooner rather than later would be one pretty big incentive. But no, everything needs to give people more money for it to be worthwhile.

What do you expect when we have so many politicians who are in complete denial of the situation. My own junior member of the United States Senate, Jim Inhofe (who will the be senior Senator from Oklahoma in January when Coburn steps down in favor of Lankford), is the champion of that faction. But hey, they've got patrons to feed.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:05 pm

Both that this sweater exists and is getting sold before Thanksgiving

Spoiler:
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:44 am

This feels like the only place for me to post this.

At Wal-Mart, we were selling a 40" Element LED TV. Why is this bullshit? The border, base, stand, and remote were all camouflage. As in camouflage print, not the typical black. Dear god, what have we become? The remote was camo with orange buttons. If this isn't bullshit, I don't know what is.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:47 am

Today i was at the register while walmart was pretty busy, and this lady brings the smallest ham she can find along with a giant ass turkey (there was a deal at a local market where you buy a 12lb ham and got a 16lb turkey free, but these were like 4 and 32 pounds biggest fucking turkey ive seen in my life) and she wanted a price match literally expect it ring up as free automatically at register. She didnt even have an ad just expected me to magically honor this. So i called over a CSM, and she told the lady no we can't honor this deal. So the old lady got pissed to us to go to hell, and that walmart was the worst store ever and she's never shopping here again then she left ALL her groceries for us to take care of and walked out

What a nice lady
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:19 am

Laughing
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:06 am

BretBaber wrote:This feels like the only place for me to post this.

At Wal-Mart, we were selling a 40" Element LED TV.  Why is this bullshit?  The border, base, stand, and remote were all camouflage.  As in camouflage print, not the typical black.  Dear god, what have we become?  The remote was camo with orange buttons.  If this isn't bullshit, I don't know what is.

A TV for Duck Dynasty fans?

Incidentally, how many copies of the Duck Dynasty game that was released on PS4 and Xbox One do you folks sell?
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:25 am

Surprisingly I haven't sold one, can't really say for the others that I work with. DVD though we sell a ridiculous amount. So much that it makes me want to cry.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:40 am

I wish I was. On the box it has a big old sticker that says "Assembled in the America", and a picture of the TV shows a big ass tractor. My friend/co-worker loves to get under the skin of redneck America, when they ask if the TV is made in China he'll say "Yup, all of the best stuff is made in China." It really pisses them off.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:02 am

So Ferguson definitely belongs in here, but not for the reason everyone else is. I've been looking into this, and I just can't figure out how I should feel about it because every media outlet isn't trying to inform me about it, they're trying to get a rise out of me. To get me pissed about racism, police corruption, the automatic public disapproval towards the police, the riots going on. I just want to know what the hell happened. Stop trying to frame a narrative, give me the facts, and let me think for myself on this one.

So right now, I'm just going to side with the police. Because I can't get much on the situation other than that Michael Brown was a threat and being an officer is a fight for survival where you don't have all this precious internet hindsight in the moment. If that makes me a racist, then give me some concrete evidence to prove me wrong or fuck off.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:48 am

I've read conflicting reports about whether Brown made a grab for the officer's gun or not. What is known is that Brown was unarmed and that Wilson fired at him 12 times as he was running away. 12 fucking times. Brown may have acted irresponsibly in his behavior towards the officer prior to the shooting,  I don't know. Just wish it didn't end with gunfire and a death.

I'm not a cop nor do I have much experience with firearms nor have I ever been in a situation where I had to use a gun. I just think that if you have to fire that many shots, a grizzly bear would have to be attacking you.

I'm sorry. Not much of an answer I suppose.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:38 am

I think that what happened in this specific case, and like avid said there are a LOT of contradicting reports, is in the end irrelevant as to why people are rioting. I think it was just the spark to the powder keg, in a community that clearly has had some discrimination happening for a long time and people are riled up and they're angry and likely justifiably so.

Does that mean I condone rioting and violence? Hello no, but obviously this community has gone through a lot. It makes me want to share this video as well because it's a good reminder I think of the bullshit black people in our country go through, and if you went through that on a day to day, week to week basis you would probably be angry too:

Finally though, I also agree with avid in that the guy put out a LOT of shots, at different times. He shot the man within the vehicle and then pursued him afterwards and then shot what? 12 rounds, in the course of bringing him down? All before the man had produced a weapon and without thinking to call in backup or use mace or anything? I don't know, just seems like there's some details being left out. I mean, even if the guy did fuck up, which is human to do, you'd hope he'd be honest about how it happened.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:25 am

As far as the rioting goes, well, I hate to be the obnoxious film nut here, but it's basically the ending of Do The Right Thing.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:28 am

Film nut or not the comparison is quite apt.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:46 am

Okay, I haven't seen that 12 shot thing before. That definitely puts me less on the side of the police. Just wish I had more info instead of all this bias
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:10 am

NPR did a pretty good recap of the police officer's testimony, I'd recommend having aread over that and their related coverage.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:47 am

I was told that Michael Brown robbed a store and assaulted the guy behind the counter just before the shooting. I'm not saying that he should be shot and killed, I just think sometimes the victim is painted as a completely innocent man. However, I'm not sure if what I was told above is true. Seems like there's a bunch of conflicting stories.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:24 pm

I think it's pretty safe to assume the officer didn't wake up thinking "Imma shoot some black kids today!" He probably just overreacted for some reason or another. Shooting at somebody 12 times is excessive force that merits a serious investigation in any case. Unless Mike Brown was the terminator
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next