The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+5
avidacridjam
SanAndreasX
KillaAssassin11
TheMatt
ajapam
9 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Now Playing - Page 12 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by Krubixcube Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:41 pm

Man, I am in love with the new Zelda. If it keeps being this fun, it might end up in top 15 or top 10 territory.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:40 pm

I beat Far Cry 5. I liked it overall, but not nearly as much as 3/4. I like some of the changes they made that I mentioned before and some other new additions like the AI partners and more aerial options. Fishing was cool. I loved the prepper stashes which were like little puzzle side missions. But then there was stuff like the outposts which I guess I'm just not as into as I once was. Outside of doing some stuff with the new AI partners, there aren't a whole lot of new options for taking them over. I guess after so many games (plus all the other games that now have a similar thing in them), my enthusiasm for these just isn't what it once was. And I mean I loved them so much in 3/4. Still outside of the occasional bad mission, I enjoyed my time with it. I rented it. Might play a bit more before sending it back. I think I will likely buy it down the line when it will no doubt be much cheaper before long as I like the look of the DLC.

I also rented A Way Out which I'm going to try and play with my brother in co-op. Might take a while as it is hard to coordinate times to play with him.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:19 pm

So I got into Assassins Creed Origins and was actually really enjoying it, but then I just got to a point where I wanted to put it down. I'll probably get back to it some day and really enjoyed the 20 hours I put into it, Egypt was awesome to explore, combat was finally good (not great but good is a step up), and while the stealth wasn't great it was a huge step up. I'd try the next game in the series.

Also started Gamefly to save money and rented God of War and Red Dead Redemption on 360. Will focus on GoW this weekend, but want to give RDR another shot to see if I appreciate it more this time. And I was lukewarm to its graphics in 2010 (had no clue how this was considered a looker after Uncharted 2 and God of War 3), but man this game is so pretty in 4k. I might just need to replay Mirrors Edge to see how that looks (the PC version sucks).
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:29 am

Recently, it's been mostly Far Cry 5. Gamefly sent me Wolfenstein 2 but I haven't installed it yet. I bought an Xbox One a month ago and I've been catching up with Gears of War UE, GOW4.

I also bought a copy of Stardew Valley (to own a physical copy and to keep playing a version of that game while waiting for the right paycheck to replace my PS4; also I love the game that much).
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:16 pm

I beat the story of God of War, but am still working on some of the side content. There is actually a lot of great side quests and optional content here. Like some full-on, really well-made levels that are completely optional. I had a blast with the game. The new combat is really well-done. The axe-throwing mechanic is really neat. And there is a lot of depth and options once you get into the game a bit. While it certainly plays way different than previous games, it still has the feel of God of War combat to me due to a number of factors. I really love the level structure too. The way new areas open up and unlock is really cool particularly in the main hub. They explore all the Norse lore of the world well too. There are definitely some aspects I don't feel like they do as well as the old games and I'm hoping they improve on them in the sequels to this one.

I also played this phone game called Friday the 13th Killer Puzzle recently. It is a pretty neat game. One of the rare phone games I found myself hooked on. Each level plays out sort of like a complicated Zelda block puzzle where you move Jason around levels to kill people. It has a good sense of humor too. I really enjoyed it.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed May 02, 2018 2:15 am

I'm done with God of War. Just not having fun. A shame because the story, cinematics and art design are all top notch and I love the structure to this game but the puzzles aren't doing it for me and I hate the combat.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon May 07, 2018 5:36 am

I ended up getting Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. It is a better version of my favorite Mario Kart. The battle mode is a huge improvement. I do think a remade version of Block Fort should pretty much be a requirement for all Mario Karts, but otherwise it is really well done. I played a bit of online this weekend and actually did pretty well after a rocky start. I have five wins in 14 races and I think my worst finish was 7th out of 12. This will be a good game to pick up between singleplayer games or when I just want to play the Switch. I may actually buy Splatoon 2 for the same reason. It has that Octoling expansion coming too which I know I'll want to play.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon May 07, 2018 7:52 pm

Right now Red Dead Redemption is much better than I remember but I'm still wondering why this is considered one of the best games of last gen. I feel it's only that good if you're a huge fan of Westerns, otherwise it's a really well done version of that. I do like how many missions are centered around things besides combat, but Rockstar controls before GTA V just do not feel great.

Either way, it's getting me excited for RDR2. Between GTA V finally nailing the mechanics and that this is Rockstar's first official 8th gen game, I'm hoping for something special. Seeing no gameplay in the trailers would worry me, but it actually reassures me a bit since I know they're putting a lot of focus in the single player rather than putting too much into RDR Online. I've been afraid GTA Online's success would compromise their campaigns.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu May 17, 2018 2:40 am

I'm playing a couple platformers in Splasher and Tembo. Both are pretty fun. I also just got Splatoon 2 and and trying to shake the rust off in that.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed May 23, 2018 1:10 pm

So was enjoying Red Dead Redemption until I got to Mexico. Now I remember why I thought this game was so overrated. Not doing that again even though I thought the post-Mexico content was the best part of the game. Just awful, horrible mission design there.

Gamefly also sent DKC Tropical Freeze on the Switch and I forgot how good this game was. The controls are so spot on and the level design is some of the best you can get from a 2D platformer.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat May 26, 2018 9:19 pm

I remember really enjoying Red Dead because I love Westerns, but even at the time thought "Hmmm, some of this stuff isn't going to age well."

Thus, why I choose to leave it in my good memories and not replay it >_>.

Rockstar in general, I think, needs to overhaul their open-world design.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed May 30, 2018 2:42 am

I'm playing a number of 2D platformers. Tembo, Splasher and Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. The latter is definitely my favorite of the bunch so far. I also picked up Slayaway Camp which is the predecessor to that Friday the 13th game I was talking before. It is cool, but honestly feels a bit too similar to that game so I haven't been as hooked on it. And I just started up Detroit: Become Human. Only played an hour. I don't hate it (yet!).
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:47 pm

Rented South Park TFBW and hot damn is this game awesome. Combat is a huge step up from SoT, you have a four person party with some tactical elements thrown in, it's a blast. The humor's also gelling with me more, it's more subtle and based around the kids' superhero personas. Also has a funnier Randy sub plot (always a plus).

My only real gripe is that the toughest battles throw in the most jokes and they're all unskippable. The only time I laugh the second time is if it involves Randy. But that's Randy.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:44 pm

I played through the Octo Expansion for Splatoon 2. It was surprisingly challenging. I loved Marina and Pearl's role in it. Very funny game. It leaned a little towards frustrating at times, but I enjoyed it overall.

Hollow Knight has been really cool so far. It's like a Metroidvania with I guess Souls-like stuff in it maybe?
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:18 pm

Beat South Park. I might be the odd man out here but that was one of the best sequels I ever played. This is probably my favorite RPG this gen after Bloodborne. Combat is a huge step up from SoT, incorporating tactical elements, a good amount of customization, and a four member party. I wish you could get more as the game goes on (at oneand only one battle you can get up to 9 on your side) but that's more a nitpick. The plot is just as funny too, I was dying laughing when I figured out who the real villain was as with several other boss fights. Surprisingly Craig is the funniest character, his deadpan snarks and how stupid everything is were great.

Only flaws were the difficulty spike at the end and the blah checkpoint system for combat. I think you can fill in the blanks for how well these worked together

Last edited by volvocrusher on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:52 pm

I'm actually happy to hear that because I enjoyed the hell out of Stick of Truth, even as someone who thought the show at that point was pretty meh.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:28 pm

Been playing Crash on the Switch and guess there was an update for all platforms because this is much better now. Hit detection is more spot on, loading times are much shorter, that long intro is skippable, and the bridge levels are much more bearable.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:39 pm

Ooooh, that's a good thing to hear. That's an appealing platform to play it on, too...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:07 pm

Got the Sonic Mania Plus DLC. Has a lot of content for $5. Two new characters, Mighty the Armadillo can take a hit from spikes before losing rings and has a ground pound while Ray the Flying Squirrel controls like the cape in Super Mario World. Also has a four player mode and an encore mode that remixes levels and keeps switching between the five characters. A good reason to return to one of my favorite games this gen.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:37 pm

Been playing the Mega Man X Collection. Only played 1 before, but really enjoying the other three games in the first half. 2 isn't quite as good as 1, weapons are kind of meh and the end stages aren't great, but the first eight are really solid and fun. 3 is okay, but has too many enemies. 4 is phenomenal save one bike chase level and some hilariously bad voice acting.

Got the second half but am not expecting as much. Hear 5 and 8 are worth playing, but 6 is supposed to be the worst MM game ever and I tried a bit of 7. It tried bringing these games to 3D. This is not a good thing.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

Been playing Spider-Man and I'm in love. BotW ruined a lot of sandbox games for me, but swinging is so much fun here that I don't care how formulaic the objectives are. It just means I get to swing around New York more. It's not the perfect evolution of Spider-Man 2 I was hoping for, but it's fun in its own way while combat is fun and stands out well from Arkham. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the segments where you play as another character, especially with the forced stealth.

Story is fun, but kind of feel could be a lot more. Granted Mr Negative is far from my favorite Spidey villain, but the stuff with Doc Ock is dragging so long I'm wondering if they even plan to keep him . Add in that Norman Osborne is doing shady things without a green suit or glider and the fanfare feels very toned down. The only goon I've seen is Shocker, was hoping villains would pop up everywhere like in the Arkham games.

That said, I do like the new continuity they have. Dock Ock as Peter's mentor is explored further than Raimi's 2, turning Jameson into Alex Jones is a stroke of brilliance, Peter's financial troubles coming from student debt is such a natural way to modernize the character, his quips are funny while being just dorky or cheesy enough to keep him feeling like a nerd, and I love seeing that they decided to take Norman Osborne as mayor from the comics. As much as I dislike Dan Slott's writing, he has some good ideas.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12