The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

General TV Show Discussion

+15
Captain N
KillaAssassin11
ajapam
Nephilimi
pspiddy
BretBaber
AlexC-25
avidacridjam
b.b.hagen
Bannen
Motinator
TripOpt55
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
TheMatt
19 posters

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

General TV Show Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: General TV Show Discussion

Post by BretBaber Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:58 am

I've wanted to get around to it. I really like Neil Patrick Harris (Dr. Horrible, HIMYM when Barney was awesome in the first few seasons), and I've thought it looked like old (good) Tim Burton. Eventually I plan on watching it.

I know you're a cartoon fan, but the new season of Samurai Jack is coming in March from what I read. So I might have to watch that before it releases.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:50 pm

Oh I'll be all over Samurai Jack. Don't really feel a need to go back first since episodes were pretty self contained though. Every now and then someone like the Scottsman would come back but that's about it. Can't wait to see them end the story.

Also if you like HIMYM, Cobie Smulders is in ASoUE, she does an end segment I don't want to spoil with Will Arnett. Show has one hell of a cast.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:24 am

I am loving this show Halt and Catch Fire. Into Season 3 now. It starts by dealing with the dawn of the personal computer era then sort of goes into early gaming and online interactions which makes it even cooler since obviously I'm into that stuff.

This has been my favorite season of Man Seeking Woman so far. Lucy has been a great addition and the episode where they go to her parents' house may be my favorite episode in the series.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:38 am

Son of Zorn has been staying funny way longer than I thought it would. I think it's a good thing this is on Fox and not Adult Swim where you normally get shows like it. They often focus too much on the weird while Zorn is more grounded which makes all the strange crap funnier.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:08 am

Black Sails ended and it is at least in the mix for my top ten all-time favorite shows. The first season is a little slow to get going, but really takes off by the end. Seasons 2, 3 and 4 are just excellent. Kind of crazy how consistently great it is over that 30 episode stretch. And the end is very satisfying. It is a prequel to Treasure Island which I somehow never read when I was in school, so I'm going to check that out next. I was a little worried that the finale would have to be setting up the book so wouldn't make for a good ending to the show on its own, but that wasn't the case at all. Couldn't recommend this show enough. Just awesome.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:03 pm

I'm so hooked on Justified right now. Kind of combines US Marshall procedural elements and a southern crime drama with a modernized "old west" feel.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:48 pm

The killer is probably Mickey, the freaky Tarantino film student!
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:23 pm

TripOpt55 wrote:I'm so hooked on Justified right now. Kind of combines US Marshall procedural elements and a southern crime drama with a modernized "old west" feel.

What season are you on now?
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:53 am

I'm on Season 4 now. Season 2 was every bit as awesome as people said. It hasn't been as good since, but I like the characters and setting enough that I'm still really enjoying it a lot.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:34 am

Season 2 is definitely the best. The last couple of seasons are still entertaining but you can tell as the seasons go that the sort of run out of ideas.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:17 pm

I'm TRUDGING through Season 3 after a very entertaining second season.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon May 08, 2017 10:41 pm

I finished Justified. It was such a great show. Season 6 was awesome and made for a great ending for the show. I'd probably rank the seasons 2>6>4>1>3>5. 2 and 6 are really close at the top. And 5 is definitely at the bottom for me. The three in the middle I'm less sure on.

Great dialogue is like my favorite thing and Justified has it in a way that is much different than some of my past favorites like Veronica Mars. I could listen to Boyd talk all day. I loved the expanded cast of characters too. There are so many guest or recurring characters that I loved from the Bennets to Loretta to Wynn Duffy to Boon. The show obviously leans heavily on Raylan and Boyd, but I was impressed with a lot of the smaller characters and how uniquely they fit into the show's aesthetic and the Harlan region.

Glad I finally was able to watch this. I wouldn't have imagined liking it so much. I think I may try Twin Peaks next that way I can watch the new season if I like it.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon May 22, 2017 7:44 am

Finished Kimmy Schmidt season 3. Felt they kept going out of their way to take shots at the 2016 election which got annoying, but other than that it was really funny. Especially loved the Washington Redskins arc.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:06 pm

Watched Stranger Things again. Man I love that show.

Started up A Series of Unfortunate Events and planned on watching it with my wife. She didn't seem too into it though, and if I'm being honest I kind of was let down by the 35 minutes I watched. Might watch one more episode to see if I'm going to continue.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:18 pm

I got one of those X1 DVR systems for my place finally, so I can watch my DVR'd stuff in the living room and my bedroom and record a bunch of shows at once. My former ancient DVR could only record two things at once or one while you watch something live. So big upgrade. I love it. Anyway, some stuff I've been watching lately.

Fargo Season 3 just wasn't as good as the first two. I felt it lacked the driving force of Billy Bob Thornton's character in S1 or the grander scope of S2. A lot of the Fargo parts were there, but it never quite comes together to reach those former heights. One of the new characters teams up with a recurring character late in the season though and it is really cool. The clear highlight of the season.

Better Call Saul Season 3 was its best yet and on my short list for best show of the year. The episode "Chicanery" in particular about as good as TV gets. I enjoyed the inclusion of Gus this year too.

I started up Fleabag on Amazon which is really funny. Sometimes fourth wall breaking stuff bugs me, but it is just really funny here. Just the main character looking at the screen cracks me up. Halfway through the season and looking forward to watching the rest.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:07 pm

I've been watching an old webseries on YouTube called Nirvana The Band The Show. Great stuff. It's been adapted into a TV show on Viceland now, which I haven't seen but I've heard it's great. Just a comedy about two guys trying to get a gig, has nothing to do with Nirvana (sorry Bret) and little to do with music in general. Well produced for a webseries, too. It wouldnt have been out of place on TV if not for the short episode length.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:44 pm

I watched the first two episodes of Hooten & the Lady. It is a British import they are airing on The CW this summer. It is a treasure-hunting adventure series and a lot of fun. Reminds me a lot of Romancing the Stone and Uncharted. They even go after El Dorado in the first episode. I'm a sucker for these sort of stories, so I'm really excited to see the rest of the season. Other Uncharted fans here might enjoy it.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:43 am

I'm pretty sure people loved Stranger Things season 1, anyone watch the new season yet? I just basically watched it all today and I loved it. Was busy the first three days it was out so I couldn't get around to it until now. Pretty safe to say it's my favorite current running TV show, I just love everything about it.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:56 am

I watched it (marathoned it over the weekend). It was good! Had beef with a few things, but you guys know me.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:10 pm

The only part I didn't really like was episode 7. I get that it was really crucial for that character, but compared to all of the other episodes it felt like a real let down and boring. That posse sucked too.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:55 pm

It felt very out of place for me as well. I think they could have teased or shown that there were other kids with different powers in a better way for sure.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:55 pm

It felt very out of place for me as well. I think they could have teased or shown that there were other kids with different powers in a better way for sure.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:28 pm

The fun thing about the show is all of these characters, especially together. They just stripped that element away, and it made for a very boring episode despite a lot of stuff happening.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:39 am

I felt that in the season, honestly. The characters were forced apart and I felt like the kids didn't drive the action as much.

Side note though: the kid who plays Will is a legit good actor.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:51 am

He is, and super creepy. If he was my kids, I'd give him right to that Hawkins Lab and say "Here you go, Happy Halloween, Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas. I never want his creepy ass back."

Steve Harrington is super cool.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:08 pm

I finished Stranger Things Season 2 today. I prefer not to binge stuff as I like to give myself time to think each episode over in my head and think about what may happen next, so was only watching one every couple days. Basically feel exactly the same about Episode 7 as what Bret said. A real pace-killer and they certainly could have accomplished what it did in a better way. And god was that gang lame! A real dud of an episode. Billy was pretty eyeroll-worthy too. Otherwise I really liked the season, but not as much as Season 1. Steve was especially awesome this year. I loved his interactions with Dustin.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:03 am

Steve was definitely a bright spot this season. He had real chemistry with the kid actors.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:38 am

I feel like there's more to Billy than meets the eye, unless they were intentionally trying to make him like Kiefer Sutherland's vampire from The Lost Boys. If the only reason he's like that is because his dad sometimes puts his bitch ass into place I'm not buying that arc. I hope there's a bit more with him and his sister suddenly moving into Hawkins.

Season 2 wasn't as good as 1 for me as well, but having said that it is still better than everything else I've watched this year. This season was a lot less scary and there wasn't as much mystery, but the humor was there and it was nice seeing so many members of the cast getting great attention. Also, I love Bob. Easy peasy.

This is my kind of show and I knew that just from watching the trailer a year and a half ago. It's like Buffy in a way because it mixes so many different genres into an hour of entertainment (horror, drama, action, and some comedy) and I love every character on the show. Even characters you don't they find ways to make you like them eventually, Steve for example. And that theme song is heavenly.

What do you guys think about ol' Papa?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:36 am

Which Papa are you referring to?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:57 am

I started watching Counterpart which is like a spy show, but with a Fringe-esque alternate universe thing going on. It has J.K. Simmons playing two versions of himself. I've only seen two episodes so far, but I like it a lot.

Happy! is a pretty good new show too. It has Christopher Meloni as a cop-turned-assassin who teams up with his daughter's imaginary friend to try and rescue her from a deranged Santa Claus. It is the craziest show I have seen in some time. Some of it was a little too weird/gross for me. Still really funny and dark and I liked it.

And of course, The Good Place is the best. Everyone should watch it.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next