The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top 5 Video Games You'd Like Made Into A Cartoon/TV Show

+2
volvocrusher
BretBaber
6 posters

Go down

Top 5 Video Games You'd Like Made Into A Cartoon/TV Show Empty Top 5 Video Games You'd Like Made Into A Cartoon/TV Show

Post by BretBaber Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:44 pm

Some games have great stories that deserve to be told more than once every 2 or 3 years.  These games have great characters, worlds, and back story that should be fleshed out more for our viewing pleasures.  So what game would you like to see expanded to a television/cartoon series, where you get a new adventure every week as opposed to every new game release?

If you want to make a game a movie instead, feel free, but maybe do a Top 5 Games You'd Want Made Into A Movie as well.  It's really up to you though.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Video Games You'd Like Made Into A Cartoon/TV Show Empty Re: Top 5 Video Games You'd Like Made Into A Cartoon/TV Show

Post by volvocrusher Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:19 pm

1. Mass Effect- I definitely wouldn't want Shepard's story adapted, more like a crime show in the ME universe. There's so many criminal factions and different types of law enforcement in the ME universe that it would be a fantastic fit for that. Especially if it took place in the Terminus systems.

2. Fallout- I love the Fallout universe so much, so no matter what kind of story they'd tell, I'd be in if it took place here.

3. Ace Attorney- I'm not sure how well these would translate since their stories are so gamey, but if they could pull this off, I'd take AA's ridiculousness over any courtroom drama on right now.

4. Sly Cooper- A show centered around heists being pulled off? Hell yeah!

5. Psychonauts- The humor in this series was just so great and the premise would translate so well into a cartoon.

Honorable mention: Pokemon- I know there's already an insanely popular show with that, but that one's lame. I mean in Unova the only evolved starter Ash had was Pignite for Christ's sake! Give one that has a good sense of adventure instead of worrying about marketing and cramming as much filler as possible.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Video Games You'd Like Made Into A Cartoon/TV Show Empty Re: Top 5 Video Games You'd Like Made Into A Cartoon/TV Show

Post by BretBaber Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:15 pm

Sly Cooper was the first game I think that when playing it I thought "This would make an awesome cartoon."
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:03 am

1. Ratchet and Clank - Just such a rich universe, with so many great main and side characters to make a really great continuous cartoon. Imagine an entire season of Nefarious wreaking havoc!

2. Sly Cooper - The cut scenes scream for a cartoon. Cool characters, cool villains. The Thievius Raccoonus presents many different story ideas, would be great fun.

3. Metal Gear Solid - I'm glad there's a movie coming out, but how awesome would it be to have a 13 episode season featuring each different game? The answer is "terrifically awesome!" Hell, they could even retell the NES and SNES game in a better way now. And Hayter as Snake is a must in my opinion.

I'm going to think on the other two, because nothing is screaming out to me right now.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:13 pm

BretBaber wrote:1.  Ratchet and Clank - Just such a rich universe, with so many great main and side characters to make a really great continuous cartoon.  Imagine an entire season of Nefarious wreaking havoc!

2.  Sly Cooper - The cut scenes scream for a cartoon.  Cool characters, cool villains.  The Thievius Raccoonus presents many different story ideas, would be great fun.

3.  Metal Gear Solid - I'm glad there's a movie coming out, but how awesome would it be to have a 13 episode season featuring each different game?  The answer is "terrifically awesome!"  Hell, they could even retell the NES and SNES game in a better way now.  And Hayter as Snake is a must in my opinion.

I'm going to think on the other two, because nothing is screaming out to me right now.    

Ratchet and Clank is also getting a movie!
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:12 pm

I'm very much excited for the movie, but I still think it would make a great show.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:35 am

Sly Cooper seems like the best fit for one. I forgot this topic was in here. I will give it some more thought.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:54 am

Ok, guys. Hear me out.

Final Fantasy VIII (with EXTREME revisions). Like, hold on to the whole children are being trained to fight a sorceress that everyone knows is coming again, ditch the bullshit "we lost our memory crap" and make it more that everyone is tied to the orphanage thematically, apply the patented "KrubixCube's add five years to the age of any character in a Japanese story" rule, and you have a good story there.

Also I would FULLY adopt the Rinoa-is-Ultimacea fan theory and make it canon.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:24 am

I thought about doing Final Fantasy VII or IX, but didn't. Actually....

4. Final Fantasy VII - With a better script this would shine. I see emmy's in the work for best mini series!

5. Final Fantasy IX - After the success of VII, I get more money to do more of what I want!
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:41 pm

I'd go for another Zelda cartoon, but this time done by a Japanese studio and with less cheese. The Zelda cartoon we know was done by Franco-American studio DiC. Maybe one done by the two ladies who did the Skyward Sword comic in the back of Hyrule Historia.

I'd dig an anime based on FFVI or FFXII, since those don't get revisited all that often.

Maybe a Metroid series?

Maybe a Fallout series?

I can't really think of many. A lot of the game series I enjoy already have their own cartoons/TV series/animes.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down