The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+13
Motinator
Rainjar
avidacridjam
TripOpt55
TheMatt
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
ajapam
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
pspiddy
KillaAssassin11
BretBaber
17 posters

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 25 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by Krubixcube Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:16 pm

Got Civ V: Brave New World on the steam sale...making me excited to play Civ again...before the next one comes out. But down from $30 to $7 was just too good of a deal to jump on.

Also I beat Dishonored...yaaay?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by A Roguish Ham Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:50 pm

Bought Shovel Knight on Friday, already beat it. It took me just over 9 hours. Super fun, but it felt a bit brief honestly. I haven't tried NG + yet though...
A Roguish Ham
A Roguish Ham
Currently Looking Through Their Ascot Closet

http://www.pixlbit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KillaAssassin11 Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:19 pm

Finally got back into Resogun. Been playing the new survival mode. I have no idea how the fuck im going to even get close to the score that Trip managed to get. Thats so crazy.
KillaAssassin11
KillaAssassin11
Asks for the "Guile" at the Barbershop

http://www.unknownconnection.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:14 am

It's probably not as far off as you think. The scores go up really fast once you get to Day 5. I think going from Day 5 to 8 I close to quadrupled my score. Of course staying alive gets super tricky there too.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:52 am

Nearing the end of Digital Devil Saga 2 and god fucking dammit the cutscenes after the airport. I couldn't stop crying and then suddenly it like just slapped me in the face. It was terrible (in a good way) but

spoilers:
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:20 am

I've got about two layers left in the final dungeon, and DDS2 has pretty much became my favorite ps2 rpg. The things it does with it's characters, the way it builds off the first. It does things no other game really even touches.

Seraph is also like my favorite character ever mostly because

Spoiler:

Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:00 am

Resumed my old Dragon Age replay I never finished on my laptop on my new PC. I've done a warrior and rogue playthrough before, but never a mage so it makes things fresh. Have the dwarves, mages, and elves done so far. Game's still great and looks really good at max settings, but it is annoying how the game loves to flood you with enemies and ambush you unreasonably.

Also started Rogue Legacy. I can see myself playing a lot of this. If you don't have it, get it on Vita. It's a perfect fit.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:54 am

I'm nearing the end of Strider and enjoying it quite a bit now. I love the way he moves. Combat is still a bit brainless outside of boss fights and I wish they had halted progress in more interesting ways than colored doors, but it is a pretty solid game.

Otherwise I am still playing a bit of Resogun Survival. I figured out a new strategy to up my score a bit. I still can't get past day 8. All the enemies leave revenge bullets. It's very difficult.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:33 pm

Is it something you can't quite put your finger on? I'm just curious. I barely remember the older games, but looking up some video the PS1 Strider 2 looked pretty sweet.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:21 pm

Ah that makes sense. I think the game definitely picks up a bit as it goes on since you get a lot more abilities. Not sure if it would fix your issues though.

I started up Kirby Triple Deluxe. It is fun. I liked the way they utilize the front and back planes. I don't like playing with 3D on, but I think it makes for fun gameplay anyway. So many cute touches too like how Kirby hides behind stuff when sneaking in his archer outfit.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:26 am

Beat DDS2 and I really loved it, the ending was kind of cheesy but after the emotional hell leading up to it was a nice change of pace. Combat was pretty fun throughout on hard. Final bosses kicked my ass the first few times then got owned when i realized what to do. Abusing the change ring to feed all my turns to Seraph was pretty much my strategy and it worked pretty well.

It's my favorite Megaten and pretty much my favorite PS2 RPG. Loved the story and characters. Sera/Serph are my favorite SMT protags, and the same thing for Angel as the villian.

Glad i finally got around to these games I was really missing out. Took about 60 hours total for both games
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:16 am

60 hours isn't bad for both games. You're really tempting me to get out my PS2 and play those now. I liked what I played of the first DDS, I have no idea why I stopped... and then bought DDS2 and never played it >_>
chocobot
chocobot
Will Eat Lizard Tails to Improve Stamina

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:19 pm

they are available for ps3 on psn too. thats how i played them. some framerate issues in those versions, but nothing TOO serious.

you should play them i think you'd really like them especially 2. 1 is kind of slow and boring at times but it does a wonderful job of setting up the story. 2 really has a big focus on the story and characters and it moves along pretty fast
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:19 am

I finished Kirby Triple Deluxe. Very fun game if not quite as good as Return to Dreamland.

I restarted Spec Ops The Line. Hoping to finish it this time.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:09 am

Would you say it was worth full price, Trip or wait til it gets down a bit cheaper? (keeping in mind I'm poor)
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:21 am

Nintendo games never really seem to drop in price, if they do it's usually just $5.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:47 am

There is a Buy One Get One Free deal for first party Nintendo 3DS games at Best Buy next week. I was actually thinking about snagging Kirby and Bravely Default next week.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:22 pm

I'd wait until it gets a bit cheaper probably Twolf. But as Bret says Nintendo games don't usually drop unless it is different on your side of the Earth.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:52 pm

I'm still terrible at Resogun, but every time I play my score creeps up a little bit. I'm working my way towards the platinum trophy. I really don't understand why humans will randomly die. Maybe I'm missing something? I know there are some sentries, or whatever they are called, that have to be killed in a certain order... but it seems like you have to clear enemies fast enough or without dying to unlock some of the hidden humans. Survival mode continues to be extremely fun... although I have had several instances where I want to throw the controller through the TV. I'm just not patient enough.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:07 pm

I'm horrible at the game too, Matt.  And like you, I never understand why they suddenly die.  The thing is I find the game to be enjoyable, and also very grating.  The charm that everyone sees I can definitely see, but it typically just infuriates me more than fills me with joy.

Last edited by BretBaber on Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:28 pm

In regards to humans there are several that require you to have your multiplier high enough at certain points in levels or they automatically die. Keeping your multiplier going in arcade should be something you are trying to do at all times. Which means trying to constantly be killing enemies or grabbing humans and of course not dying so your multiplier doesn't reset. Then you will end up getting those humans freed. (Edit: Since the update they may just give you those hidden humans instead of making you bring them to an escape pod, I forget).

I can also give some Survival tips out if you want. That is probably my best mode.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:07 pm

Finally got Titanfall running on my PC. Max settings aren't anything to write home about, but man does this game control like a dream on it. I've never seen controls this smooth in an FPS before. And it's just so much damn fun. Had a bit in the last game where an enemy Titan was chasing me when I got mine and I lured him into the spot my Titan fell at, crushing both the Titan and pilot.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:47 pm

Finally got back to playing Super Mario 3D World. I started a new file with my girlfriend and its been a blast playing multiplayer. Sometimes its kind of a cluster fuck even with two... because some levels require you to go really fast to get green stars or even just to survive. If someone falls behind they just go into a bubble and get moved to where the other player is... but sometimes it bubbles the wrong person. Either way, its a great game I'm glad I got a chance to go back to. We're on World 7 right now... should have it finished up by next week.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:35 am

I got a Destiny Beta code from a friend on twitter and holy shit this game is better than i expected. It's like Borderlands with a lot better controls. It plays a lot like Halo, but with equipment and level ups and RPG stuff. The ps3 Beta ran really smooth too, no issues at all.

I dont know if i can hold out till i get a ps4 now ;~; its so much fun. I got the the maximum level for the beta in literally one sitting minus the break for dinner
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:34 am

and i ran into my first problem with the beta. So i did a raid with randoms. Despite dying a lot i did fairly well. So later i get back to town with a new character, and one of the people who was in that group with me starts following me around and spamming emotes.

It was weird as hell. I quit for the night. I'll continue later.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:11 am

Rode the hype train and picked up Shovel Knight. And am REALLY liking it. Has that quality in a platformer like Rayman of "Gah!!!!...alright, just one more try." Crash Bandicoot had it, early mario games had it, this one definitely has it. If you're on the fence about it I'd recommend jumping. That said, I can't tell how much longer it will be so you may want to look into that before buying it at $15.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:05 pm

It seems my latest Resogun high score didn't get uploaded to the leaderboards. It is in my activity log though and appears when I play as my score to beat. Kind of weird and kind of a bummer Sad I will probably not play for a while now. A little bitter!

I am on Chapter 12 or so of Spec Ops. It certainly has gotten more interesting from a story aspect, but the gameplay is still very dull. I really hate clunky third-person shooter controls and this game has them. It is irritating. I can only play a bit at a time before I get fed up.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:24 pm

I never really got the dislike for Spec Ops gameplay. It was pretty bog standard and generic but in terms of control I didn't really find it that much different from any other TPS. Maybe it's something I'll notice on the eventual replay #3. The context of the gameplay made it enjoyable for me, I played the entire thing in one sitting on the first playthrough.

Looking forward to you have finishing it, Trip.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next