The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+13
Motinator
Rainjar
avidacridjam
TripOpt55
TheMatt
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
ajapam
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
pspiddy
KillaAssassin11
BretBaber
17 posters

Page 14 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 14 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by SanAndreasX Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:42 pm

Is Dynasty Warriors 8 out on PS4 now? I might have to jump on that.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:16 pm

Yeah its the same version as on vita. Vanilla + Xtreme Legends. Tons of content well over 200 stages. Cross-play, and Cross save with all versions.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:42 pm

I forgot all about stunts in Infamous. They were a total pain in the ass. Good luck with that one ajapam. I feel like if you could simply make them drop it and kill them you'd probably have done it by now 10 times not even trying. I don't remember at all though.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:27 pm

Finished Dark Souls 2. Time to NG+ then read up on all the sweet sweet lore. The final fight was a tad underwhelming but in a way I sorta expected that seeing as the final boss fight of DaS1 is one of my favourite final bosses ever.

Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:46 pm

The stunts were the number 1 reason I never went for a platinum run in the first inFamous game.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:09 pm

Ya, I think I tried to complete a certain stunt for like 2 hours straight. Something to do with jumping, then zapping a guy, and then thunder-dropping onto him. Not worth it.

Power-up upgrades can be really annoying sometimes. Not every ability needs to have six grenades attached to it.
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:39 pm

I gave up on the platinum anyway. Turns out I had a ton of upgrades yet to purchase on my good run. I'm not putting in that kind of work again. Platinuming UT3 was enough trophy grinding for one lifetime
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:53 pm

I remember having a tough time with one where you had to force push a few enemies at once or something. It was obviously easier on the Good side, but I had already beat all the missions, so finding three enemies together was like impossible.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:58 pm

I agree Trip, the first inFamous was impossible for finding enemies after you beat the game.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:37 pm

I have Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge coming in from Gamefly. I know NG3 is supposed to be pretty rough, but I feel like I have to play through it at some point.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:44 pm

I liked it but the story is pretty dumb, and boss fights arent really fun at all. The Ninja Trials are the best part. its fun when you're just killing waves of enemies, but outside those parts its not really very good.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:15 pm

I actually got it in today and tried a bit. It seems okay. The first boss was kicking my ass a bit (the mask guy not the robot spider). I guess I'm just out of practice.

Do you play as the girls in the campaign? Or do you just unlock them for play after? I forgot Kasumi was in it and I rather enjoyed both Ayane and Momiji in Sigma 2.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:41 pm

Theres two Ayane stages, and one where Momiji is a support character. You unlock Ayane after you beat her first, Momiji after her stage, and Kasumi gets unlocked after beating the game. You can use them anytime after you unlock them in the trials or on the main stages once you beat the game.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:07 pm

Cool. I like it so far. The battle system has taken many steps back from that of NG1/2's but it is still solid if looked at in its own right. I have no idea why they changed some of the combos. I have yet to do an Izuna drop which I used to be able to do in my sleep. The combo string is different, plus the whole combat system's timing is off.

You are right about the bosses. Fucking terrible so far. I mean the story is garbage too, but I just don't care about that in NG. Ayane from the section I played is totally badass though.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:56 pm

Izuna drops are done to my knowledge by fully charging an ultimate technique (hold strong attack during bloody rage). That is how i unlocked the trophy anyways. Got it during Ayane's second story chapter. Combat's pretty fun but yeah it really lacks the kind of depth the other games had.

btw the bosses only get worse. The first two are pretty cool (the jet was fun imo), but after that it gets progressively worse starting with the dinosaur thing. Final Boss is hilariously awful though.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:16 am

I'll have to try that out. I would still like to be able to do Izunas like a normal combo. I saw it in my moves list but haven't pulled it off yet. I miss being able to instant charge UTs on landing with essence too. That stuff, the ninpo changes... I'm just wondering why they thought some of these were good ideas. Despite my complaints though, still pretty fun.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:32 am

From what I read about NG3 before and after its launch is that it was yet another Japanese company trying to broaden their western audience by implementing changes that, perhaps, they didn't fully understand.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:53 am

Thats pretty much it they simplified the gameplay, they fucked with the story they tried giving it emotional weight. They tried to make Ryu more human and it just falls flat on its face so hard. They wanted it to appeal to a wider audience and it really just ended up being an inferior game, kind of like DmC i still think both games are good they just arent the same level as their predecessors
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:31 pm

Seeing as nobody posts in the GZ thread and I don't want to post in it for the third time a row I'm now officially going to declare right here that Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is now my GOTY thus far and here is why.

Doing the mission where you need to destroy the air turrets in the daylight (On hardmode 'cause I'm just a hardcore guy) but I got caught early on. While bullets chase me everywhere I start sprinting in and out of cover towards where you go to get Chico which has a ton of prisoners in. So I throw down a heli-smoke grenade in broad daylight while I'm busting all these prisoners out and there's sirens going off and people screaming for the lives left and right then MA MOTHERFUCKING HELI COMES FLYING IN BLARING OUT THE PERSONA 4 ARENA MUSIC OVER THE TOP WHILE I'M SAVING ALL THESE PEOPLE ON HIGH ALERT.

IT WAS SO BADASS YOU HAVE NO IDEA.
JUST TRY AND TOP THAT.

Spoilers - You can't.

GOTY.

Checkmate, Atheists.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:24 pm

So you can put your own songs into the game?  I haven't played it since beating it because I got inFamous and FFX/X-2 but I'm going to revisit it soon to tackle the extra ops.

Your story reminds me of a time I had playing GTA IV. There was a mission where I had to chase some guy down and kill him (nothing out of the normal), but this bastard was really giving me the slip. We're whizzing through the city, I'm dodging cars and pedestrians (I play nice), and this fucking bastard just won't let up. Finally he takes the chase to the highway, and I get close enough to shoot his fucking tires to slow him down. After his car starts sparking from lack of tire, I pull in front of him halting his progress on a bridge and I fucking shoot him dead in the face. His lifeless body falls forward and I just exit the scene. It felt like a movie and it was awesome. That one mission and the way it all played out really stuck with me, felt like something right out of a movie. Your above story seemed the same.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:03 am

So I sent Arkham Origins back to Gamefly. I just lost all motivation after that Deathstroke fight, that was such a huge quality spike that it made how mediocre the rest of the game is much more noticeable. If there wasn't Knightfall on the way, I might have finished it, but I just want to wait for that. So I'm now giving Blackgate a try.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:49 pm

BretBaber wrote:So you can put your own songs into the game?  I haven't played it since beating it because I got inFamous and FFX/X-2 but I'm going to revisit it soon to tackle the extra ops.

Yeah. Gotta import it from the options menu and then actually select it in mission. I'm considering rolling with the iconic MGS theme, Snake Eater or find a song from Evangelion to use for another playthrough.

And your story sounds sweet as hell. Mines was less of a cool movie moment and more of a laugh out loud moment while still feeling pretty cool. One thing that does worry me with MGSVs gameplay is that MGO can now just be a really generic feeling TPS. MGO might not have been perfect (The whole seperate log-in bullshit, guns had like 0 recoil, instant kill headshots which were the easiest part of the body to aim for) but goddamn the way that game played sometimes felt tacticool as fuck.

There was quite a good movie moment I had in MGO actually on the level where you had the billboard at one end of the street on the roof and a busted up car at the other end. Both teams were set up in little groups on each side of the map taking quick burst shots at each other then moving back into cover so few people were actually dying and moving up through the map was difficult and slow (But fucking awesome). I was on the side with the car on the left hand side. We had some people fighting down the alley on the left and a couple of people actually behind the car having a shoot out with the squad of enemies on the building across the street. The guys on the right hand side of the car look over to me use that GENIUS communication system MGO had for a console game to call for some help so they can flank through the really small alley way, so I respond and say I'm heading over. There's no cover to the other side of the road 'cept the car which has little space and is just being rained on with bullets from enemies across the street now so I get on the ground and position myself so I won't bump into anything along the way then fucking roll all the way across the street infront of the car while bullets are just flying absolutely everywhere - they're barely missing and just smashing into the ground around me kicking up loads of dirt everywhere and smashing into the car just behind me. So all I can hear are bullets being fired and hitting all these different objects accompanied by the death screams of my teammates behind the car who are just being fucking torn to shreds by everything. Some how I managed to actually survive to the other side and only took a couple of bullets along the way, how they missed my head is some kind of video game miracle. Got there and joined the squad couple of guys there to help push and win.

I've probably told that story before multiple times but I don't even care. It was one of the best video game moments ever.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:31 pm

So I finally did an Izuna Drop In Ninja Gaiden 3. It does have the same combo string, but it is buried in the moveset so I thought they changed it. Still tough to do because the game throws a lot of enemies at you. So for those that don't know, it is like a piledriver kind of, where you snatch someone up in the air, then flip over and drive them into the ground. There is a little horizontal movement when you flip. When I finally got it, I managed to go over a rail and did it right into a bottomless pit and my death. When I respawned a trophy even popped for it. This game seems to just be trolling me at this point. I have done it a few times with more success since though.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:46 pm

You forgot the rampant lagswitching in MGO, rainjar. Such an awful plague on what could have been a much better game. I loved those slow moving shootouts, though
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:32 pm

I feel like Rainjar and Bret's stories might be cause for a good thread, I think we all have had those moments, where everything just falls together and it's like "SCRIPTED E3 DEMOS EAT YOUR HEART OUT!"
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:12 pm

I don't even remember the lagswitches, ajapam. I remember hearing about them but I don't think I ever really ran into them myself. I really hope MGO3 keeps the SOP system, it was mad cool.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:21 am

I know they said Dark Souls is hard but damn...that game is hard. But part of my problems might be all the little graphical messing around I had to do for the PC version. They really botched that port...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:22 am

I'm irritated with Dark Souls right now because my Live expired and apparently now I can't load up my current save when I'm 23 hours in.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:34 am

wait you cant continue a game you started if youre live expired? Also why do DS's online features even reuire gold?
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:35 am

Well they do allow for co-op, but it's not the game denying me permission, it's that it keeps freezing because of some kind of error due to not having Gold.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next