The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+13
Motinator
Rainjar
avidacridjam
TripOpt55
TheMatt
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
ajapam
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
pspiddy
KillaAssassin11
BretBaber
17 posters

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 24 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by ajapam Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:00 pm

BretBaber wrote:
Another thing I don't understand is when someone loses and messages someone being bitter.  I've lost/won matches in FIFA against people and I'd message my opponent and say "Really great game!" if it truly was.  Some people are so stupid.

If you play Dark Souls or P4A you'd understand. People play like chumps when given the chance. They ruin the multiplayer just to stroke their egos. And other people just whine when they lose

When people beat me without lagstabbing or autocombo spamming then I sometimes send them a congrats message
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:37 pm

Griefing is big business in online gaming. And why not? There's no real consequences to it unless you're caught cheating by hacking or use of third-party cheat devices. Then you can just write a thread on the Xbox Live moderation forums saying "why was i banned for no reson?" and give folks a few laughs when an Xbox Live mod details the specifics of the ban. Reading the Xbox Live ban forums is very entertaining at times, BTW.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:33 pm

The best way to avoid those people is to just quit playing online games almost entirely and focus on superior single player content. Ajapam is especially right about Dark Souls. Had some really cool fights with some really cool people on that game but every time I ran into an asshole on it they'd be some of the most infuriating pieces of shit you'll have ever come across.

Also Volgin's hand is now on my crotch. Big Bossu please help ;_;.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:55 pm

I ended up sending back Yaiba. I really wanted to like it, but the fights went too long without checkpoints and just ended up pissing me off. Not jump and dodge mapped to X was also a terrible decision given that they had the obviously superior method right in the Ninja Gaiden DNA. The traversal was insultingly bad too. Blech.

Going to jump into Resogun's DLC tonight I hope.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:42 am

I was disappointed in how Ysaiba turned out. It looked like a neat take on Ninja Gaiden and I wanted to see what Inafune could do with it.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:03 am

Resogun's DLC is great. Survivor is what it sounds like. Going for as long as you can on one life, but there are some tweaks like how humans work and a day night cycle, etc. Demolition adds in a brickbreaker/pinball sort of twist to things and has a totally different feel, but still fun for a change of pace.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:04 am

I got a month ban from XBL for having "offensive" material in my bio. i think it was some innuendo or something.

Context sensitive jumping in Yaiba really turned me off. I'm playing an action game not a fucking rpg.

Finished DDS. I really enjoyed it but for the most part it was pretty easy. The final battle was just spam Bufudyne with Serph, Argilla buffed/debuffed and healed when needed and Heat just stood there like a jackass passing his turns to Serph.

Started DDS 2 on hard not very far yet, but im thinking I'm gonna like this a lot better. It feels really different yet the same. Mantra grid seems pretty cool too
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:40 am

I haven't played much lately but I did just finish Broken Age on iPad. Loved it, it's the kind of quality I expect from Double Fine/Tim Schafer. The artwork was always so charming and great and the dialogue made me laugh quite a few times. It was pretty short though and I hope the puzzles will be more challenging in Act 2. And the wait for Act 2 had better not be too long after that cliffhanger D:

Now I feel like playing Psychonauts. I just might do that. It's been a long time and I need some of the Milkman's delicious milk.
chocobot
chocobot
Will Eat Lizard Tails to Improve Stamina

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:53 am

Kayshire Cat wrote:I got a month ban from XBL for having "offensive" material in my bio. i think it was some innuendo or something.

Damn, that's harsher than I expected of them. XBL let a dude who was called Pound Her Stank when his account was finally permabanned have 30 chances to find an appropriate gamertag before they shitcanned him.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:19 pm

So I started playing Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale at last. This game is the shit. Ain't even kidding, it's actually brilliant. Why can't we have more sweet ass merchant games or actual decent merchant mechanics implemented into the open world games.

Now Playing - Page 24 Medium700_20100922160930_666
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:08 am

Survival is now my favorite part of Resogun. It is so damn addictive. Love the new power-ups and stuff. Wonderful.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:26 am

Recettear was good at first...then it just got hard after the first few bill payments.

What I'm trying to say is don't challenge me, ever, because I back down like a little bitch.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:58 pm

I've paid the first three off, it's actually really daunting at first. It's just nice to see a game with these kind of mechanics, I always want to try and play as a merchant in open world games but it's always so shallow and just never works because it's not the focus of the game, so having a game that's actually built around buying, selling and collecting is so refreshing and fun. One of the main reasons I really like EVE is because of the market aspect, I need to try that game again.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:35 am

Here's a list of the games I've been slowly working my way through...

Puppeteer - Good game, I typically only find myself playing a level though and then I stop.

Unit 13 - Got this game for free, and it's a really good game. Kind of has the feel of a mix of Uncharted and Syphon Filter. I see that pspiddy got the platinum on this, that must have taken a while. It's a shame Zipper is no more, because this game and MAG were great games.

Sports Champions 2 - Got it for really cheap when it was on sale on the PSN. The few games I've tried seem really great, so it seems like a step up from the already fun Sports Champions. Hopefully they make another game.

Tales of Xillia - Slowly working my way through this. When I first started playing the game I was really enjoying myself, then Final Fantasy X HD came out and I stopped playing and now find myself enjoying the game a lot less. Damn Final Fantasy games from the late 90's/early 00's for being so much better than almost every other RPG game.

Dragon Fantasy Book 2 - These games are pretty fun with a good sense of humor. If you enjoy NES RPG's then I can't see you hating this game. It's glitchy though, so have multiple saves.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by BretBaber Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:32 am

What do you mean by scope? Do you mean the way it sometimes just auto-adjust for a head shot? Still wouldn't be super easy to get 5 stars on every level, and getting every operative up to level 10 could be a long grinded chore. I'm assuming some of the contract kills would get tough at higher levels as well.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:32 am

And I just might hit you up for co-op sometime. Seems like that would make things a lot easier.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:21 am

pspiddy, remember when we both got a platinum for Ni No Kuni? What a fantastic game. I might play that game again soon under my cousin's name to continue to watch trophies ding. The most fun I had playing a game last gen.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:52 am

I don't have a 3DS or else I would. I'll have to look up some info on the game, because the name alone sounds awesome.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:42 pm

Started a new game for Twilight Princess. After playing Skyward Sword, this game feels like a masterpiece.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:29 pm

Haha. Gotta emulate Twilight Princess at some point, I barely remember anything about it. The hardest part of that game is getting past the fishing/cat bit at the start, it was the reason I never replayed it.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:08 am

pspiddy wrote:Bret, please tell me you are gonna pre order Fantasy Life.

I know I'll be preordering Fantasy Life myself. Smile
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:24 am

pspiddy wrote:We'll do a thread when it drops. I'm really excited about the game.

I am, too. I was excited when it was first announced, but lost track of it when I never saw anything about it making it out of Japan. Looks very Ni no Kuni-ish, and the fact that Yoshitaka Amano and Nobuo Uematsu helped make it is icing on the cake.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:47 am

pspiddy wrote:
SanAndreasX wrote:
pspiddy wrote:We'll do a thread when it drops. I'm really excited about the game.

I am, too. I was excited when it was first announced, but lost track of it when I never saw anything about it making it out of Japan. Looks very Ni no Kuni-ish, and the fact that Yoshitaka Amano and Nobuo Uematsu helped make it is icing on the cake.

Yeah, it's like I'm not even buying a game so much as it's them reaching directly into my wallet and laughing.

Nintendo/L-5: SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:36 am

I am playing Strider on PS4 and it just isn't doing a lot for me. It's not bad or anything, just sort of there. Was hoping for more. Maybe it will pick up when I get some more abilities.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:15 am

The other free PS+ game is actually pretty fun, and I can see it being a really good multiplayer game. It's like that vs. mini game from Super Mario 3 but just more thought out.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next