The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+13
Motinator
Rainjar
avidacridjam
TripOpt55
TheMatt
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
ajapam
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
pspiddy
KillaAssassin11
BretBaber
17 posters

Page 29 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 29 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by avidacridjam Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:27 am

BretBaber wrote:What about Full Frontal Assault and All 4 One?  All 4 One is my least favorite, the only game I haven't played is Secret Agent Clank.  

Haven't played them. I still have All 4 One via PS Plus but I've been told it wasn't good.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:30 am

ME2 playthrough #2 is going pretty smoothly. I've only died twice (playing on normal, however) due to not getting to cover in time to avoid gunfire. During the planet scanning parts, I just listen to a podcast or two.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:03 am

My cousin came over and we always do some random co-op while he is here. We did some Portal 2 and it is still one of my favorite co-op games.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:46 am

THE LAST FEW BOSSES ON BRAVELY DEFAULT CAN GO SUCK MY BALLS! I EVEN MOVED THE DIFFICULTY DOWN TO EASY BECAUSE I JUST WANT TO BEAT THE GAME AT THIS POINT AND I'M STILL GETTING WIPED OUT EVEN THOUGH MY CHARACTERS ARE LEVEL 85...

...ALL CAPITALS! GRRRR!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by volvocrusher Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:07 pm

Beat Kotor 2 restored. This is looking to be my favorite game. 1 gave me the Star Wars story I always wanted, but this game gave me something I initially had no clue I wanted. The universe felt so much more fleshed out in a way which blended perfectly with the themes of morality and questioning what the Force really is, as well as what impact something like The Force would have in the world. It's not a Jedi hero thing, it's showing how wrong things can go when it's connecting everything together and what unholy power can be obtained with it.

And this version removes most of the sloppiness that made the last few hours so bad. Though it still ends on a cliffhanger, which is disappointing, I'm okay with this since TOR fills in the rest of the blanks now.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:38 pm

Beat Tales of Xillia today. Really great game. With Ni no Kuni and Xillia, '13 was a great year for JRPGs. Debating if I'll attempt a platinum and start it up again and do Milla's side story. Before I do that though I'm going to be starting up Final Fantasy X-2. I've been looking forward to this since I beat X, but wanted to get Xillia out of the way.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:40 pm

Played enough Dialbo 3: UEE to level my Barbarian to Level 9. Still STILL such a blast to play.

Made some more progress last night in Rogue Legacy. Beat that big eyeball boss. Died a lot.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:48 pm

I finished up playing through The Last of Us on PS4. Still amazing. Once I finish up Left Behind, I think I may replay Uncharted 2 since I replayed all my other favorites this year. I should probably be trying to chip stuff off the backlog instead, but eh.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:49 pm

Diablo 3 on PS4 is so much fun. Been playing with Greenman and Killa quite a bit the past few nights. It runs so smooth and using the Dualshock 4 is so much better than point and click. I'm definitely enjoying it much more than the PC version.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:32 am

Definitely agree that this is more fun than the PC version. This is about as good as co-op gets
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:51 am

I have Saturday through Wednesday off, and come tomorrow night I'll be thinking about buying Diablo quite a bit.

I'm playing Sly 2 on the Vita, and I don't see why people think this is the best out of the 3 PS2 Sly games. It's by far my least. Everything about it bothers me. The chapter hubs. The missions are boring and rehashed. Having to use the other characters more. Ehh, I felt it a chore to play in the HD remake and I'm feeling that way again.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:15 am

I like Sly 2 more than the others (except maybe 4, need to replay that) because it has a really cool idea that I think is executed well. I thought there was a good amount of variety between missions, especially since each area you did them in was really fun to explore. And the Bentley/Murray bits were worse than Sly's bits, but I'll take them over 1's minigames any day. Sly 1 felt like a game that many other platformer's did better. 2 was the Ocean's 11 style game I always wanted.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:36 am

I think 1 and 2 are pretty close personally. 1 is a really nice platformer. It does nothing particularly special. It is just a good linear platformer. Something we'd seen before. And it is about 4 hours long unless you really spend time on the master thief sprints. Those are the best part and I wish the other games had them/did them as well.

2 I thought did something fresh with the platformer genre which I thought was a very good thing on the PS2 when we'd played a ton of games like the original Sly at that point during the PS1 era. I enjoyed exploring the hubworlds and the heists were awesome. I also loved the old school minigames (like the vertical plane shooter on the train). And the game has about three times as much content as the first. I do think there were some pacing problems. I do think they redid the steal keys mission too much. And the other characters are worse than Sly. Though as Greenman mentioned they aren't as bad as the completely forgettable minigames of the first game (the van and the turret sections were really bleh). Overall I give the edge to 2.

So why do you like 3 better than 2 Bret? 3 is like 2, but worse in every way. More boring hubs. Play with Sly even less because there are 10 playable characters, most of which wish they were half as fun to play as or nearly as fleshed out as Bentley for instance. There is so little Sly it feels minigame-ish at times. I could see liking 1 better than 2, but liking 3 better than 2 is baffling to me.

Sly 4 is my favorite though. I'd rank them 4, 2, 1, then 3.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:50 am

I'll let you know when I get to 3 again, but I remember feeling like 2 was a chore, and when I got to 3 it felt less of a chore from what I remember. When you're playing as the other characters in those games, I remember their missions feeling better than the ones in 2 with Murray and Bentley.

One reason I prefer 1 to 2 is because the boss fights felt better in 1 as well. I've only had a couple at this point, so maybe they'll pick up once I get further in. The main reason I hate 2 though is running around the maps. Going from the hideout all the way over to the other side of the map, and then having to run all the way back to the map to switch characters really isn't fun. Also, getting all of the clue bottles for upgrades was more fun than trying to steal money from the baddies to gain money to buy upgrades. When it comes down to it there's just nothing I enjoy more about 2 than 3 (actually, the graphics are better, so I guess I enjoy those more). Another thing that really irks me is there is no option to invert the y control. There is for controlling turrets and taking pictures, but not for controlling characters. stupid. It might not seem so bad, but when I switch to other games like MGS GZ and inFamous it was really fucking with my playing of those games.

BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:33 pm

I think 2 definitely does stealth and combat better too. That is pretty hard to argue against. Sly 2 has lots more interesting power-ups. The Para-Glider alone is a huge plus for 2. Also clue bottles still get you powerups in Sly 2 so how is that an advantage for 1? There are just even more you can get from the store.

Complaining about the lack of camera options is always a valid complaint. The really should have fixed that in the HD update if they did not.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:49 pm

I think me and Trip are mostly on the same page for Sly. Simething about Sucker Punch games makes us agree.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:07 pm

Collecting all of the clue bottles in the first game will get you new moves, and looking for them is somewhat fun. I know you can search for them in the hubs in each world, and they do grant you a power up, but most of your powers ups are bought in Sly 2. Bought with money that you have to steal from enemies, or smack the shit out of crates to get. It's tiring and boring. I liked looking for bottles in the first game, but they're all over the place in this game where I din't even want to bother to do it just to unlock one power up. All in all, I'm mainly complaining about having to buy your power ups in this game, as opposed to collecting bottles within a single level to get upgrades.

It amazes me they let you invert controls for turrets and camera, but not for the actual controls for the character. Seems really stupid to even tease you like that.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:13 pm

I liked 2's system more, it was a great way to familiarize myself with each new world. 1 was more looking at every corner an forcing you to replay a level if you miss one midway, which could get annoying.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:04 pm

I hawk that shit and look in every nook and cranny. I'm like a basset hound.

*sniff sniff*

I see the sale and this conversation inspired you to buy and play it. I've heard God of War doesn't look that great on the Vita (I see you started playing this today) but I'm still thinking of buying it. What kind of info can you give me?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:09 pm

GoW is definitely laggier on Vita, but not too bad during gameplay. Surprisingly awful during menus though. And it doesn't look that good on Vita. Still fun though
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:08 am

I've read that the PS2 versions look better than the Vita versions. I'll probably get those, definitely beats $30 that amazon is asking for it. How many GB does it take up?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:09 am

I got my Wii U today. I ended up getting NSMBU and Super Luigi U in the bundle and just got MK8 separately. MK8 is awesome. Played a few hours splitscreen with a friend earlier. Great course design and I was impressed with how they improved some of the old ones. Graphics look great. Obviously not PS4 level, but it is still cool to see a Nintendo game make this sort of jump graphically.

Played a bit of NSMBU too. It felt like a NSMB game. I'm sure I'll dig it more as I go further.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:28 pm

I'm mostly just playing Spelunky still... but I played a bit of Thomas Was Alone. The 3 characters are an interesting mechanic sometimes and other times they make it a pain to play.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:43 pm

Played some Saints Row 3 today. Gameplay is smooth, but the story and events that happen are so fucking stupid.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:38 pm

fucking stupid is why its amazing though
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:15 pm

My favorite part of Saints Row 3 is when the main characters are sitting in the car singing along to that Sublime song. As stupid as that game is, that part alone made the characters more relatable and believable than anyone in GTA4
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:48 pm

I agree ajapam, I loved that part. I was hoping there would be more parts like that, but haven't come across any. It seemed like something Tarantino would put in a movie, meaning how the characters were talking. Truly great stuff.

I'm mainly talking about the bat dildo, the mission where a bunch of gimps are pulling rickshaws and you're fighting other gang members, and anything that is like that.

On foot controls are great as well as the car, but I'd pick GTA4 over this just because it isn't so over the top silly. My only hatred for GTA4 was the horrible car controls, and having to restart missions and driving miles to get back to the mission start.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:27 pm

SR3's goofiness was just what I needed after Uncharted 3 and GTA IV. It took all those setpiece ideas from the former and made them beyond stupid while giving me polish and a goofy story that I wanted from the latter.

Uncharted had you fall out of a plane? Why not have you jump in a tank and start shooting everyone during it? Car chase bit? Let's have a chase bit with man whores pulling carts. They have Sully? We have Burt Reynolds!
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:46 pm

I get how it could appeal for some, but it's not for me. As a game, it's fun to play, which should be all that matters, but the goofiness leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It's just like the flying hovering things in MGS3, they bother me just as much.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next