The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+13
Motinator
Rainjar
avidacridjam
TripOpt55
TheMatt
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
ajapam
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
pspiddy
KillaAssassin11
BretBaber
17 posters

Page 15 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 15 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:36 am

ah okay its still odd
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:23 am

Krubixcube wrote:I know they said Dark Souls is hard but damn...that game is hard. But part of my problems might be all the little graphical messing around I had to do for the PC version. They really botched that port...
In their defense, at least they admitted they had no idea what they were doing and that it would probably be shit.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:46 am

Alright, so in Dark Souls I accidentally killed some merchant that I didn't know existed because the game is fucking too dark to see shit and then I find out they don't revive? That's bullshit! And this merchant is the only one who can repair my weapons? Fuck this game.

I'm all for challenge, but that's just obtuse. "Hardcore" gamers lover extra bullshit that they can say "Oh you didn't know that?! Are you stupid?" But no, I wasn't stupid, I just couldn't see it and then I've set myself back.

Do I start the game over to save this one merchant that I kind of need or what? Is this worth it?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:49 am

These games never sounded fun to play, so I never played them. Life feels better because of that.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:49 pm

Are you talking about the blacksmith in the undead parish? If so, I don't think your game should be that dark. That whole area was fairly bright for me.

If that's not the guy it must have been the one in New Londo, who I found to be pretty non-essential anyway
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:47 am

Rented Titanfall and am normally not that much of a MP guy, but holy shit this game is fun. I probably won't keep it too long since I just used a 2 day trial for it, but once my semester ends I'm definitely picking up the PC version.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:03 am

Krubix, if it was the undead merchant then you don't really need to worry. If it's the blacksmith then yeah, restart your game and put your brightness settings higher because I've never known anyone to have that problem. If it's just that blacksmith near the Undead Burg then you won't even have to redo much, you'll breeze through it.

The only thing that annoyed me slightly about the friendly NPCs dying/turning hostile if you hit them is if you accidentally pressed the attack button while looking at them. This lead to me getting into a habit of almost always facing the opposite direction after initiating dialogue with the blacksmith.

@Bret - It is a fun game but equally frustrating at times although MOST of the time it's due to the player just needing to get gud. You should try giving one of them a whirl if you ever see it super cheap, you might be surprised by it.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:06 am

Well what happened was some enemy appeared inthat courtyard, and then in the course of killing it I hit the merchant who I didn't see because my camera was pointed in a weird direction and then he was all like "have at you" and I was like "ANOTHER ENEMY" and killed him and hten when he dropped...a million things I thought "oooooh...that was an NPC...but he'll respawn right?". I might just restart anyway with a better build and research it a bit.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by A Roguish Ham Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:50 pm

NPCs don't re-spawn if you kill them in Dark Souls.
If you ever get one pissed at you that way, you can buy an annulment from the creepy priest like dude in the Cathedral underneath the first bell tower. They're super expensive though.
A Roguish Ham
A Roguish Ham
Currently Looking Through Their Ascot Closet

http://www.pixlbit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:24 pm

I think the only thing I bought from that merchant was the bottomless box, which wasn't nearly as useful as it sounded.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Rainjar Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:27 pm

So after being stung by customs for £15, thus kicking the total cost of the game up to £50 something, I finally got my pre-order import of Hatsune Miku Project Diva f 2nd from Play Asia. The song list is so much stronger than the first game, it imports all the costume stuff you unlocked from the original in, and they've changed all the touch controls which has made it more difficult. It looks like it has a ton of extra stuff like Diva Room and making songs etc like the original had but as I cannot read moon I will not be using any of it.

Pretty happy with the purchase even if it did end up costing quite a bit. Considering getting Deception IV next.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by A Roguish Ham Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:33 pm

Gonna start playing Conception II for review pretty soon. It's downloading on my 3DS as we speak.
I wonder if any SJWs will bitch when I refuse to play people's mom and make moral judgement calls and just, oh I dunno, review the effing game :p
A Roguish Ham
A Roguish Ham
Currently Looking Through Their Ascot Closet

http://www.pixlbit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:06 pm

I finally finished Ninja Gaiden 3. Some of the bosses drove me absolutely up a wall. Kay was right about the Ninja Trials. They are pretty much NG3 without all the stuff I hate. I still don't like the changes to essence/magic/UTs, but the core combat is still better than most action games when facing off against standard enemies. The girls are all fun to use too. Ayane still reigns supreme though.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:10 am

The game is at its best during standard encounters and i think its pretty great when its just those, but the bosses and tougher enemies have some of the most godawful design choices especially the ones towards the end holy shit do they suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Ninja trials cuts the bullshit and just lets you kill fuckers which is why its so great.

I picked up Skyrim for 8 dollars and i'm actually loving it so far. I usually skip all conversations in games like this but i actually listen here. The world is just more interesting to me. Combat is way better too going with an stealth archer/mage build. I shoot fuckers from afar and when they notice me i burn their faces off. The leveling system is waaaaaaay better but i think they kind of streamlined it a bit too much. There are no stats besides mana, hp, and stamina just skills and you can only increase one of the per level up. That said im still enjoying it way more than oblivion or morrowind.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:41 am

I wanted to love Oblivion so bad. Same will be the case with this when I buy it. Did you get it used, Kay?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:55 pm

Yeah got it used and had one of those 10 dollar off used games coupons for gamestop. Always get TES games when i can find them cheap like this.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:57 pm

Finally beat Killzone: Shadow Falls. Towards the end, the game got pretty fucking hard. Part of it might have been due to me not playing and getting rusty, but other parts were an insane amount of enemies that they throw at you. Like I said before, I prefer the more linear approach to Killzone campaigns, and I also prefer the way KZ3 had cut scenes as opposed to the story unfolding in first person (I hate when games do that, to me cut scenes are a nice reward for beating segments). Good game, but here's how I'd list them...

Single Player

1. KZ2 2. KZ3. 3. KZ1 4. KZSF 5. KZM

Multiplayer

1. KZ3 2. KZ2 3. KZSF 4. KZM 5. KZ1
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:58 pm

Well shit, I don't like to turn in used games so I guess I'll still keep waiting for a lower price.  It's $20 new at Wal-Mart so I just might buy it there at some point. I don't really much care about the DLC so the normal game is fine.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:05 pm

I remember I went so long without levelling up in Oblivion, and when I finally did all I got were minor stat increases and every enemy took 5x as long to kill. It was so annoying. I have Skyrim with all the DLC on steam but I still haven't played it because I keep breaking my computers. All the money I'd spend replacing shit I broke last year could buy me a Ps4

Replaying MGS3. Dialog is still absurd and some of the plot still doesn't make sense, but Kojima always has his strokes of genius that turn what could be a B tier game into a masterpiece
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:25 pm

Leveling in Skyrim is soooooo much easier. You arent stuck with minor and major skills anymore everything count towards a level up but higher level skills give more XP. I'm level 9 after 10 hours. The perks give you something of value each level too. They're basically skill trees for each of the different skills.

So far to me Skyrim is like TES without the tedious shit that made me get so bored of the other games. i still wholly expect to get bored of it eventually but so far its been great.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:19 pm

Yeah, I second Kay on that. I couldn't get into Morrowind or Oblivion but Skyrim sucked me in for a LONG time. If you're playing on PC I'd recommend the most popular UI tweak on Steam's workshop...forget what it's called. I think I also cheated slightly and did a tweak that made it so carrying flowers didn't overburden me, but in terms of completely non-game changing tweaks the UI one is a MUST.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:22 am

I'm on ps3, and surprisingly ive had little trouble with glitches after 22 hours. The patches seemed to have taken care of most of the problems.

I'm really liking it so far it still lacks memorable characters but the world and story are pretty interesting to me to me so far. Been mainly doing the Magic College uests and im really liking these. Skyrim makes me feel like part of the world the other TES games i always felt disconnected.

My highest level skill is Enchanting

Now Playing - Page 15 BlUoIQ4CUAE6d02

Now Playing - Page 15 BlT8E-qIcAAI5ik

Followed by Destruction, Illusion, Archery, and Sneak.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:39 pm

I just finished my two most important exams, and I don't have another one until next Thursday, so I can start playing video games again! Just finished Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus, and the Bioshock Burial at Sea DLC.

Still have some games from Christmas, and I got Plus a couple of months ago, so I'm going to have to choose between LEGO Marvel, Tomb Raider, Batman Arkham City, Red Dead Redemption, Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions, The Last of Us: Left Behind, or finishing the main quest in Skyrim. This next year/couple of years finishing off PS3 games is gonna be great, and I'm so stoked to have this summer to work on this.
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:23 pm

I recommend Arkham City
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:40 am

Skyrim is really surprising me in how much im actually liking it. The uests are all pretty cool. Loving the thieves guild uests. They go way behind just stealing. Forging documents, planting fake evidence, setting people up. it makes you feel like an actual criminal.

Also one thing i really love about this game is how the npc's will actually come up and interact with you. A lady at the bar came up to me while i was sitting on a bench, asked me if i wanted a drink and it lead to uest dialogue.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:05 am

Got Bravely Default, in part due to your recommendation Kay, so I'll let you know how it is when I get it...which will be quite a while I reckon *sigh*
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:45 pm

I really got into Oblivion years in my early teens and I probably would still enjoy it quite a bit today because it had some really creative and interesting quests in it. Skyrim just streamlined everything without actually improving all that much and then changed all the quests to just about finding peoples shit in a caves filled Undead/Bandits. I have a million different problems with those games overall.

I'll still end up checking out Bethesda's next game because even if the world is filled with basically nothing it can be at least a little interesting to explore for a while. Won't cost me a penny either because I'll have a gaming rig by then meaning I can pirate it seeing as they still owe me the £45 I paid for Skyrim on PS3 on release. It was a literally unplayable for months, then they fixed it by releasing a patch where every time you go into the water the entire game just froze. Just thinking about it again makes me hate Bethesda, they're fucking useless.

This song on extreme kills the Rainjar.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:19 pm

Okay then, I'm between Arkham City and LEGO Marvel.

I did play Skyrim last though. I think I'll play it like once every week. I literally have a love/hate relationship with it. I really enjoyed it for a couple of hours—re-orienting myself, talking to Alduin, watching a giant fighting a dragon (and stealing his kill and running from the giant, looping around a hill so that I get the soul), going through a dwarf ruin. But then I run into a group of three strong enemies and just get obliterated. I realise that I need to get better (I always forget to use shouts) but it still just pisses me off, running backwards, drinking every healing potion I have.
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:12 pm

I decided to keep my Gamefly going with the gift certificate thing ($13 a month for the two game plan). They are sending me Punchout for Wii now. Anyone ever played this? I think I will try and catch up on the Layton games as well now that I'm keeping it going.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next