The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Tales Series - Da Official Thread

+6
volvocrusher
pspiddy
KillaAssassin11
chocobot
Miraculous Kaydybug
SanAndreasX
10 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Tales Series - Da Official Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Tales Series - Da Official Thread

Post by SanAndreasX Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:41 pm

Glad I preordered the Tales of Symphonia Chronicles CE and picked it up at midnight, is all I can say.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Tales Series - Da Official Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Tales Series - Da Official Thread

Post by BretBaber Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:33 pm

I'm into the snow section of Xillia, and as you could guess it is magical. Snow in games is awesome. Snow in real life not so much.

BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:00 am

Here's why I'm not getting the platinum for Symphonia. You need EVERY title and some are complete bullshit, and/or need careful preparation and a entire playthrough planned around them. I'm listing them from my guide. Kind of wanted to list them off for reference anyways so why not here. These are the one's that take full playthroughs to complete and are REALLY easy to miss.

Some of Lloyd's

Brave Soul: Don't run from battles until roughly over 1/3rd of the game (this one is really doable, but very easy to fuck up)

Eternal Apprentice: Keep Lloyd's default weapon euipped until after Palmacosta is cleared. (its pretty early but the problem is theres a few parts where Lloyd is alone and it can make it annoying)

Gung Ho: Beat the boss roughly 2/3rd's into the game with a party averaging level 36 or lower.

Collette's:

Friendship First: Don't let ANY party members die for roughly 1/3rd of the game

Genis's:

I Hate Gels: Don't use gels (standard healing items, bottles don't count so you CAN use them) till a bit beyond 1/3rd of the game.

The other characters have some that are hard but these are literally the worst.

I'd like to try but ugh some of these are gonna be a pain in the ass.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:22 pm

What is "1/3 of the game"? Clearing the first Tower of Salvation?
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:17 pm

Yeah i'm just estimating they are all based on different boss fights. I got these on gamecube way back but i also beat it like 10 times

Brave Soul: Yuan and Botta at the Teth'alla base

Eternal Apprentice: Killia

Gung Ho: Rodyle

Friendship First: Iubaris (When you reach the seal of light)

I Hate Gels: First battle against Pronyma

Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Waggy Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:38 am

I've only played Tales of Xillia, albeit I put in a good 40 hours. It was a really fun game despite the few faults here and there.

I'm probably one of the few who actually loved Milla's lisp too.

Waggy
Waggy
Sand Thrower

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:58 am

I know nothing of this Milla lisp everyone talks of.

I predicted my own future, a little over a month ago I said I was going to try and beat Xilia before X and X-2 HD came out because I wouldn't play it anymore. I was right. Haven't played the game since, which is a real shame because I actually was really enjoying myself. If I don't game with my cousin before work tomorrow I want to try and get back into this game, but now I'm at a loss as to where I left off.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:32 am

Holding L1 or R1 on the field should give you a clue where to go next.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:15 am

The Tales games also have a nice "synopsis" feature which helps you pick up where you left off storywise.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:22 am

I try not to play more than one RPG for reasons like this. I've always felt you can only commit yourself fully to one RPG game at a time.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by A Roguish Ham Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:58 am

I played the original Tales of Phantasia on an emulator using De-Jap's translation and it was probably the best thing I ever played, lol. 
After that, I played part way through Vesperia. I need to finish that game. Story is pretty generic but I love the hell out of those characters.
A Roguish Ham
A Roguish Ham
Currently Looking Through Their Ascot Closet

http://www.pixlbit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:41 pm

I'm actually of the same mind. My RPG experiences are better when I focus on one game at a time. The problem is, I buy RPGs whenever they come out because they tend to become rare and expensive somewhere down the line if I don't. Then I get stretched too thin. Oh well. First world problems.

SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:22 pm

And it looks like we're getting Tales of Hearts R this winter. Confirmed by Hideo Baba. Now I finally have a reason to get a Vita.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by SanAndreasX Wed May 07, 2014 2:01 pm

Safe bet, going by what Namco did for Xillia, Symphonia, and Ni no Kuni's CEs. Symphonia actually had better feelies than Xillia did.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:03 am

They announced it a little before E3. If it does well enough they may also release Tales of Innocence R in the US.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:17 pm

Yeah. I just wonder what Namco considers to be "success" for Tales of Hearts R in the US. From what I understand, it's going to be English text with Japanese voices, so they're apparently trying to keep costs reasonable. In any event, I have my copy preordered.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:26 pm

I'm going to attempt to play some Xillia tomorrow. when I finish that I'm moving on to X-2, so that should help get me pumped to do so.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:20 pm

I'm back into really enjoying this game. Taking that long break made it really hard to get back into it, but once I did it is as enjoyable as when I left it.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:45 pm

Xillia 2 comes out in August.

I'd replay the first one but ive literally done everything in it. Maybe do a half xp run.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:17 pm

Kay, I'm nearing the end of my Tales run. I finished the sub-event trophy/title, and I was wondering what titles can be transferred to the new game. Not really sure if I want to try to go for a platinum, but I'm considering it. Also, is skit viewer missable because I have like 20 to go and the game's almost over.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:37 pm

All titles carry over, and only sub events/skit progress dont iirc. All unlocked skits will be in your log on the menu in NG+ though, but you have to watch them again for them to register.

Easiest way to get that trophy is to buy "unlock all skits" from the grade shop in NG+ (if you've been collecting trophies it should be easily affordable) and just watch them all from the menu. You can quit after the trophy dings though you wont get the title unless you find a save point before quitting.

If you do do a second run. Make sure you pick at least 2x exp from the grade shop. Grinding to level 99 takes a LONG time even with the modifiers. Also keep shop levels and/or 2x shop XP
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:43 pm

Also i would reccomend doing the Magnus Zero which unlocks after you beat the game before heading into NG+ or dropping the game. It unlocks the power of the devil's arms which is something you can carry over, and gets a gold trophy.

The devil's arms basically start out sort of weak, but once they are unlocked they will grow in power with each enemy they kill. This will help out a lot in your next playthrough
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:11 pm

So after you beat the game, you can still run around and do stuff and then move on to new game + which will then give you the ability to buy these things you speak of? Just don't want to fuck up if I do decide to do it.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:59 pm

after you beat the game it puts a little star icon next to your save or something like that. It can then be loaded as a normal save or loaded from the new game+ menu to start a new game. The start stays on it regardless of what you do with it unless you delete it of course

How much grade you have to use for new game+ will be displayed in the titles menu if you want to check that.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:32 pm

Couple of questions for folks here.

1. Has anyone here played old-school Tales (Phantasia, Destiny, Destiny II/Eternia, etc)? I'm working through Tales of Destiny right now. It's pretty good, but the dungeons are brutal.

2. Who is picking up Xillia 2 on launch day?
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:11 pm

I played Eternia, and Phantasia. Eternia is pretty great, but i couldnt get into Phantasia

and im getting Xillia 2 at launch no collectors edition though
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:54 pm

No and no. Someday I'll probably get Xillia 2.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next