The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Tales Series - Da Official Thread

+6
volvocrusher
pspiddy
KillaAssassin11
chocobot
Miraculous Kaydybug
SanAndreasX
10 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Tales Series - Da Official Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Tales Series - Da Official Thread

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:55 pm

I own every localized Tales game starting with Symphonia except Symphonia 2. Cause fuck that game I just want to fucking strangle Emil OMG I HATE THAT FUCKER!
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Tales Series - Da Official Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Tales Series - Da Official Thread

Post by SanAndreasX Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:17 am

Kayshire Cat wrote:I own every localized Tales game starting with Symphonia except Symphonia 2. Cause fuck that game I just want to fucking strangle Emil OMG I HATE THAT FUCKER!
I skipped out on DotNW after the bad press it got. The first chance I'll have to play it will be when the Tales of Symphonia HD collection hits the US next year.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:19 am

I bought that game when it came out beat it once never touched it again so I sold it. The only thing i liked about that game was Marta she was a decent character and pretty fun to play as she had this neat spinner weapon and learned healing spells. She was basically like Raine just more suited to close combat. Emil on the other hand is the worst Tales character ever, and on top of that hes just another swordsman with standard artes and nothing really of note. He's probably the main reason i really dont play as any strictly melee characters anymore
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by KillaAssassin11 Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:58 am

Trying to finally beat Tales of Xillia but man does it seem like a long game. I guess im just not used to playing JRPG's anymore. Wish I had more time to game everyday so I could actually beat it and move on to some other games I have.
KillaAssassin11
KillaAssassin11
Asks for the "Guile" at the Barbershop

http://www.unknownconnection.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:27 pm

It's not actually as long as Tales of Graces or Tales of Symphonia. In fact, it was criticized by some for being too short. But yeah, if you're pressed for time, it gets tough to keep up with RPGs.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by KillaAssassin11 Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:26 am

SanAndreasX wrote:It's not actually as long as Tales of Graces or Tales of Symphonia. In fact, it was criticized by some for being too short. But yeah, if you're pressed for time, it gets tough to keep up with RPGs.
I actually beat it finally. Didn't take quite as long as I thought it would. I just need to get used to playing RPG's again I guess.
KillaAssassin11
KillaAssassin11
Asks for the "Guile" at the Barbershop

http://www.unknownconnection.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by volvocrusher Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:58 am

I'll start with you guys too. May lag behind with school and reviews in the way, but it sounds like a fun time.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:41 am

with character development prioritize learning Artes over skills.

as for missable stuff there isnt too much and its really either stuff that expands on the story or gives cosmetic items. Not much in terms of gameplay. Though a trophy is missable if you dont do those missable events. Heres a list of them

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/tales-xillia/207180-sub-events-everything-you-need-know.html

and no armor doesnt change appearance but you can get costumes/add-ons from uests and as DLC. They are seperate from euipment
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:58 pm

Just wondering what some of the hard trophies might be. It seems like the sub event one might be the only missable one. Seems like it might be a fairly easy platinum, so if possible I'd like to do it in one play through.

I chose Jude because I typically like playing as guys since I am a guy. Milla seems like an interesting character though, like Kosmos (I believe that was her name) from Xenosaga.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:26 pm

You can't do it in one playthrough it needs two full playthroughs. You need to beat Jude and Milla's stories.

Also i wouldnt recommend maxing out character levels without New Game Plus. 2x/5x XP help a lot with that along with spicy chicken roll items you can buy from a high level food vendor.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:05 am

Yeah you can wait (it counts side events only in one playthrough it will reset when you do new game+) the side event trophy is actually easier on Jude's side anyway. Jude's has 100 so you can miss 10 (90 for the trophy) while Milla's has only 98

btw it took me 141 hours to plat. Most of the trophies are fairly easy but a few can be grindy. Just be sure to carry over shop levels and get 2x or 5x XP on your second run. The rare monsters one is kind of dumb tho since the spawn rates are stupid low though it carries over through playthroughs
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:46 am

pspiddy wrote:I love the level of customization for the trinkets you get from thesub events. I had no idea how detailed it was until I stumbled upon it. Really cool.

Also, the voice acting and soundtrack sound like Shenmue. Soundtrack is amazing.

Did you get the Collectors' Edition like I did? It comes with a soundtrack CD. I ripped it onto my iPhone. It's not a comprehensive soundtrack, but it does have some of the best tracks from the game. Also, it has a nice statue of Milla.

Right now, I'm playing the 3DS version of Tales of the Abyss. I bought this game new on PS2 in 2006, but it was competing against Final Fantasy XII, Twilight Princess, Okami, and Valkyrie Profile 2 so it got kind of lost in the shuffle. Now that I'm really focusing on it and I've gotten to the point where Luke isn't acting like such a jackwagon I'm really digging it.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:38 pm

pspiddy wrote:I have the LE which is a step down to that insanely awesome CE. It came with a mini artbook and the soundtrack. I paid $30 new so that sort of makes up for not jumping on that CE. Sort of...not really.

I started Abyss on 3DS and was enjoying since I'd never played the PS2 original. Sadly, Bravely Default drops this week so no idea when I'll get back around to it. And then Thief drops the same week as Symphonia.

I just now realized how I lied when I said this year would be slower than last...

Yeah, I have preorder money down on the CE of Bravely Default. I also bought the super deluxe version of Symphonia Chronicles, but nothing's going to tear me away from Symphonia when it lands.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:37 am

I've played the game for almost 7 hours now. I enjoy the game, but I don't think I do as much as you do. It's fun, but for me it is no Ni No Kuni. Also, coming from that game to this the graphics are really ugly. Doesn't make me not want to play the game, but maybe someone can explain why they're so bad. I think it was made in 2011 but didn't get ported until 2013? Even then, still pretty ugly for being 2 years old.

The combat is fun and I really enjoy the humor from the game. It definitely has some funny one liners.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:05 pm

Xillia was an awesome game, and it edged out Symphonia as my favorite Tales game. It would have been easily my GOTY... if Ni no Kuni hadn't come out. Xillia was fantastic, but Ni no Kuni was just too sublime of an experience to be beaten.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:44 pm

Played some more of this game, and I believe I made it to the town of Sharilton (I think that's the name). When I level up my characters, I pretty much just go around the web in order. Probably not how I should be doing it, but I haven't died in battle yet so I guess that's a good sign.

I'm following the guide trying to complete all the sub events in one play, but I'm pretty pissed that I missed the first three that were missable because I didn't start using the guide until I was out of the first town. So I have to be pretty perfect from here on out.

These are my three favorite things from the game in this order...

1. Humor
2. Characters
3. Story

Would make a great little mini television series in my opinion.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:05 pm

I'm a couple hours into Xillia. Not really sure how much its grabbing me. The combat seems pretty easy. I've just been doing the auto-level on the webs, because it seems like you end up unlocking them all anyway. And like Bret said, I haven't died at all either, so what difference does it make? I'm assuming the game will really pick up soon- like most JRPG's do a couple of hours in. Right now its just a slow burn. But that's usually how I play games like this.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:45 am

I got Rowen, and he seems like a pretty bad ass character. That old timer can really throw knives really high into the sky. Those puppies were up there for like 30 seconds!

I still haven't got a trophy, and I'm 11 hours in.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:23 am

Main story trophies take a while to get. Since each chapter is fairly long. Most of the rest of them are for maxing out (X) thing or performing an certain action (X) times. They will take a while to get. You can get the character specific battle trophies without much hassle early on though.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:29 am

I'm Jude and I have to get Snap Vortex with him, but when I look at abilities it's not in there. Is that something I'll unlock further on in the game?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:02 pm

All of those abilities are available as soon as you get the character

Jude (Snap Pivot): Back step just an enemy is about to hit you with an attack.

Milla (Spirit Shift): Just press the Arte button when casting her spells don't hold it. It'll make a uicker shorter range version of her spells.

Alivin (Charge): Hold down the Arte button when using his artes. His sword will glow blue use an arte while its glowing.

Elize (Teepo Switch): Simply press L3 (taunt) it switches stances making her magic or physical attacks more potent

Rowen (Arte Tuning): Button prompts appear when you use his spells just follow those

Leia (Elongating Staff): It's done exactly like Jude's

and for the support abilities

Jude (Healer): Get knocked down and dont recover manually

Milla (Bind): Trap the enemy between you and her at close range (this is also the easiest way to get the 100 hits trophy)

Alvin (Guard Breaker): Attack an enemy that's guarding

Elize (Teepo Drain): It just happens randomly when you dont have full TP

Rowen (Auto Magic Guard): Get attacked by magic.

Leia (Item Steal): Knock the enemy down and she will try to steal something failed attempts still count towards the trophy.

If you have trouble getting the support ones check the enemy's info and just use the ideal link partner for each one.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:33 am

Well shit, if I would have known snap pivot was his dodge skill I would have been doing that for a while now. Do you know the number of times you have to do it? I was doing it all the time when it was just me and Milla, but ever since Alvin joined I've been all about all out attack.

Thanks for the info. I'll be dodging tonight.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next