The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Tales Series - Da Official Thread

+6
volvocrusher
pspiddy
KillaAssassin11
chocobot
Miraculous Kaydybug
SanAndreasX
10 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Tales Series - Da Official Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Tales Series - Da Official Thread

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:19 am

No problem, and it's 150 for all of them. You can check progress in the titles and records menus
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Tales Series - Da Official Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Tales Series - Da Official Thread

Post by BretBaber Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:55 am

Thanks. I'll have to check my progress then. I have another stupid question. How do you change what target you're attacking? There has to be a way to do this, but I swear I've hit every button and it doesn't happen. It's been two weeks since my tutorial and I don't remember and my copy of the game didn't come with an instruction booklet which is infuriating.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:30 pm

hold L1 or R1 I can't remember what the default is since i always change mine
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:09 am

I thought I tried that but I could be wrong. thanks again.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by BretBaber Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:47 am

L1 was what I first used I believe because that's normally the button used in games for targeting. Tonight I didn't play because I watched TV instead, but I'll check tomorrow.

Where are you at in the story, p-spid?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:07 am

If you have trouble targeting just go to the config menu and change it to the button you want.

All you have to do is hold the button down and it pauses the game and lets you select a target.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:58 pm

I was wondering this as well ^. Haven't sold anything yet, maybe I have a small fortune.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:44 am

sell outdated euips ASAP they literally have no use, and if you really want them back nearly EVERYTHING can be bought back.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:16 pm

You're our Milla Maxwell, Kay.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:19 am

pspiddy wrote:Some of the weps have elemental descriptions so I was unsure. Now I can just keep those that look cool. Oh, and thanks for helping me and Bret out so much, Kay^^

Elemental weapons are kind of useless since while it takes a bit more work. Leia's Elemental Impulse arte enchants a weapon with the element of the character's target's weakness. The description says "luck of the draw" but in nearly every case its been the weakness of my target when its used on me. When its not its cause that enemy doesnt have one. You have to make sure she doesnt use it against bacura's tho since they resist EVERYTHING.

Elemental Armor isnt THAT useful either since each character can learn element guard skills for each element. Though it can help if you set things up right. If you bring up resistances high enough attacks of that element wont stagger you. You'll get the "Iron Stance" most bosses have.

also np lol i spent over 140 hours plating this game. I probably know too much about it XD
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:18 pm

I mained Elize on my first playthrough. which meant i spent a good chunk of my time healing and buffing. Start every battle with a dispel (with Teepo on) to make sure no one gets ailments and in harder battles put Revive on everyone.

Second run i mained Milla (ironically while playing Jude's story) and i mix between spells and phys attacks a lot. Except after i learned her Aerial casting i went full magic with her. Aerial casting is broken as fuck. No recovery time since Milla drops as soon as the spell is cast, and you can pair it with her no stagger while airborne skill and just fuck shit up.

and i dunno its kind of both. The clock ticks when you open the menus, but not when you pause it with start. i usually pause but i cant say i never left it running with the menus. I'd say its still at least 120-130 hours of gameplay.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:37 pm

I really have no tactic. I level grind a lot and get Buffy tough. Then I go and kick ass like Buffy would. Still haven't died yet doing practically no tactic, so I'm not fixing anything until it's broke.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:48 pm

I preordered Symphonia HD for next week. I doubt I'll get the plat cause it reuires a minimum of 4 playthroughs to get all titles and it's longer than Xillia so. I'm hoping the HD version adds free run.

I probably will play a bit of 2 even though its an abomination. Maybe its a bit better on dualshock.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:07 am

What's the toughest trophy for Xillia? Long and lengthy counts as tough for me.

I'm really enjoying this game, it still isn't better than Ni no Kuni, but still a fantastic game with a lot of depth.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:35 am

Maxing out levels (this includes shops. After you reach level 80 the xp needed goes up dramatically) it takes a while even with NG+ bonuses. Though 5x helps a lot but you need a ton of grade to get it 3000 i think.

Eat spicy chicken rolls when able (level 50-60 food vendors sell these) they double xp in addition to any other bonuses (4x xp with 2x, and 10x with 5x). Elize is the easiest to max cause of her healers reward skill which gives her bonuses based on how much she heals your party during a battle.

I got mine with 2x xp on my second run.

Item collector seems tough but you should get it if you buy every item available at shops.

Expert in Rare monsters is easy but it takes some grinding. The best place to grind is the area where you first fought Jiao in the Sapstrath Deepwood, just go in and out of that area from the Highroad over and over and fight any rare monsters you find. Bacuras (the spinning plates count too).

Filling out the bestiary isnt hard but you almost have to fight all 3 levels in both singles and party in the arena to get it.

and you can cheat to get the skit one. load up a new game plus with "All skits" purchased watch enough to make it ding, and voila.

Those are the only ones that really should give you any trouble.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:14 am

So there isn't a trophy for getting all titles is there? Because that one would be a super pain in the ass. From what I looked at most of them seem easy, just really long process on getting them. Leveling up the shops and characters move over to new game plus right? I've read that some stuff does't like sub events. I want to attempt the platinum, but it might be a while because I probably won't play Milla's story right after I finish Jude's.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:02 pm

Titles dont work the same in Xillia as they do in the other games so no there isnt one for getting them all.

By default playtime, max combo, titles, combat statistics and viewed skits are the only things that carry over. The rest need to be purchased

heres a list of what you can carry over and its price

http://tales.neoseeker.com/wiki/Tales_of_Xillia_Grade_Shop

Carrying over levels is pretty steep and you wont even gain substantial amounts of XP until late in the story anyways. I'd go with 5x or 2x XP over it.

Shop levels is probably something you want to carry over though. Along with Devil's Arms (if you did that uest) and maybe double items, and double material points.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:21 am

Thanks for the info again! When I beat the game I'll probably flood your brain with questions. Trying to get everything in role playing games is like studying for an SAT or something.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:44 am

No problem I really like this game and its probably the most work i've ever put into plating a game. So i like talking about it.

After you beat the game do Magnus Zero (the post game dungeon) it should let you nab the random treasures and chest trophies if you dont have them already, and there a gold trophy for beating it's boss, but most of all it unlocks the power of the devil's arms. After you beat that boss the weapons grow in power with each enemy you defeat, and you can carry the stat bonuses over to the next game. They will be able to grow from the start of the game too.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:31 pm

Just finished the Coliseum bit at XD (can't remember the spelling). Liked the little twist to the story there with Exodus stealing Teepo. Music in the town afterwards is very gratifying as well, reminds me of Final Fantasy VII music in Nibelheim a bit.

Kay, about how long is the main story of the game without doing much of the sub events? Just hoping to beat the game before FFX comes out and was wondering play time. If I'm home by myself I'll play the game for 3-4 hours at a time, just wondering how long I might be playing it for.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:53 pm

it's 40-50 hours give or take
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:29 pm

I am attempting the sub events though, so that'll add to it. Is there an option to go back before the final boss and complete things like other games have?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:59 pm

Yes as a matter of fact there's one subevent you need to beat the final boss before you can do it. Thats the post game dungeon i mentioned
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next