The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+8
avidacridjam
pspiddy
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
chocobot
Miraculous Kaydybug
ajapam
12 posters

Page 26 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 26 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:13 pm

I started up Triforce Heroes. It is a bit cumbersome to play solo it seems, but it is pretty neat otherwise. I only played one mission thing, so not exactly sure.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:28 am

I played a bit of left 4 dead 2 today and came to the conclusion that no one should have let me have a gaming pc
Spoiler:

everyone here should approve of who i modded Zoey into at least tho
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:09 pm

Currently playing Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner and it is killing me. I broke my right wrist in 7th grade doing that then fantastic activity known as roller blading. Well, at 32 my wrist is getting worse. Not sure if it's arthritis or carpel tunnel from work, but the last year my wrist and forearm where I broke has always been hurting me. Well, this game just wants to just completely finish the arm off. I'm playing on normal, and I wish I would have done it on easy just to make the fights last a lot less so I didn't had to add stress like I am. Anyone else my age suffer from wrist problems? It's probably not just my broken wrist, but probably also due to all of the video games I play. For all of those smart asses out there that think I just beat off too much, I'll just let you know I'm left handed so it has nothing to do with that.

It's a pretty decent game, but it seems really hard. Boss fights take forever, and it's just me hitting buttons over and over.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:08 pm

Hey guys! Haven't been around here in a while! Just thought I'd drop in and say hi. Been playing a lot of Star Wars Battlefront lately. It's a blast. I know the reviews have been mediocre and the DLC structure is kind of gross, but the actual gameplay is great. I've also been slowly plugging away at Fallout 4, but Battlefront has been distracting me from it.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:53 am

Got Uncharted Collection, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Mario Maker for my birthday last week. Beat Uncharted 1 today and while it's definitely better than I remember, it falls very much into the good not great category. Doesn't do anything too terrible, but nothing that great either.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is actually awesome so far. So good I was playing some Fallout 4 today and turned it off to switch to Tomb Raider. I don't think it will be a GOTY winner and is horribly unoriginal, but it just does everything it needs to right. Also helps that its hardest mode rips off The Last of Us' health system which makes combat MUCH more engaging than regenerating health.

Mario Maker is my football/TV game. I play it while those are on. And I'm loving it. So many awesome levels that I'm fully enjoying it even with no intention to ever make one.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:35 am

Still playing Fallout 4. The settlement system is a bit like Sim City which is cool, although it's a lot more unwieldy being in first person. I've kind of gotten off of the main story.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:02 pm

Lara Croft Go got a free update with a new expansion. Really cool and some of these puzzles are really tough and I'm not even that far in yet.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:27 pm

I hate Zone of the Enders 2.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:37 pm

Beat Rise of the Tomb Raider. I butcher a lot about the last one, but gotta say that this is the real deal. Story is garbage, but there's a lot of fun exploration, combats better with crafting, and the game has some fantastic puzzles. Definitely worth it.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:24 pm

Played a good amount of the Uncharted 4 beta yesterday. Pretty much a combination of Uncharted and The Last of Us multiplayer. The character movement feels so fantastic. Climbing is super quick. The new grapple is a lot of fun. And the animations are just excellent. Shooting feels better too. None of this is really a surprise after seeing that opening demo for Uncharted 4 last year, but it feels great to play it myself.

New control setup and downs/revives take some adjusting to. Weapons feel pretty balanced. I don't mind the mysticals either. Only thing I don't like is the AI buddies thing. They are a bit overpowered and clutter the playing field more than I'd like. Still on the fence about some other tweaks. Naughty Dog has already taken feedback and been adjusting things immediately which is pretty cool. I'm having a lot of fun so far and had a hard time stopping playing last night. I think with some of the changes it might win over some people who weren't a fan before.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:30 pm

How many times did you throw a grenade trying to reload? I hit seven in the tutorial and two matches.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:23 pm

Yeah that was the toughest part. I don't even know how long it was until I was consistently hitting triangle for reload. Hard to break 8 years of muscle memory I guess.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:43 pm

Finished that Lara Croft Go expansion. It was really challenging which is pretty cool because it was really for people who had finished the main game. Good addition to the game.

I also started Ori and the Blind Forest. Didn't really understand the save/health system at first and learned about that the hard way. Game looks amazing. Controls seem really tight. Didn't play all that much yet though.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:52 am

I bought Hard Reset recently for a couple bucks and started playing it today. It's the first game from Flying Wild Hog studios (Shadow Warrior reboot.) Not the greatest game in the world but it's a solid old school FPS with a great looking (though rather empty) Blade Runner-esque setting. The main thing holding it back for me is that the guns don't feel all that great. Shadow Warrior had that as well but the sword was the main draw in that game. This one doesn't have anything to make up for it so far. It looks quite nice, too, though not as nice as SW did. Pretty tough considering I'd rank that among the best looking games I've ever played.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:38 pm

TripOpt55 wrote:I also started Ori and the Blind Forest. Didn't really understand the save/health system at first and learned about that the hard way. Game looks amazing. Controls seem really tight. Didn't play all that much yet though.

Ori is one of my favorite games I played this year. Had me hooked from start to finish. Its a must play if you have an Xbox One or a PC that can handle the graphics.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:56 pm

I finished Rise of the Tomb Raider yesterday and found it very enjoyable. The 360 port may be the weakest looking port available but it isn't broken in any way. I look forward to playing the PS4 port next year.

Gamefly sent me Mad Max and I've only played about 20 minutes of it. Looks promising.

I also bought the season pass for Dying Light before the price goes up to $30. I watched an 11-minute preview of The Following DLC and that looked truly epic.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:39 pm

I bought Tales from the Borderlands on a Microsoft Sale for $10 the other day. I'm not really that much of a Borderlands fan, but I figured for $10, what's the harm in trying it. I've played all the other Telltale licensed games and and while some are just so-so, I still enjoy playing through them.

I've played the first two episodes of Borderlands and I absolutely love it. The voice acting is incredible. Troy Baker, Laura Bailey, Chris Hardwick, Nolan North and even freaking Puddy from Seinfeld!!! Borderlands humor is kind of lame, but the presentation of this game kind of plays off it being lame and for some reason it makes me laugh out loud.

And the craziest thing is, its making me want to play more Borderlands.

Last edited by TheMatt on Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:40 pm

Double post... but as you can see on my trophy card I've been playing Persona 4 Dancing All Night. Its just a decent rhythm game, but I'm a sucker for those Persona 4 characters.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:46 pm

Mad Max owns me at this point. And the strange thing is that there is nothing about it that is original or innovative and the moment-to-moment objectives could feel so repetitive or boring to others. Yet I love the look of the wasteland, the resource gathering (I mean, who doesn't want a souped-up V-8 Interceptor?), the combat (both CQC and car-combat)....it simply knows what buttons to push in order to keep me going with it. What a devious beast.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:01 pm

Sounds pretty cool. I am hoping to rent Mad Max once I have an open slot.

Finished Ori and the Blind Forest. The controls are really tight and the platforming is very challenging. I don't think of Metroidvania games like this as having great platforming, but it was really fantastic here. The bash move in particular was utilized really well and I am always a sucker for little parasail items like the Paraglider in Sly Cooper and the Deku Leaf in Wind Waker, so that was really cool. And the level designs are superb. I thought perhaps when I got more moves, it would make traversal too easy, but they keep stepping up the level designs. I also loved how there were dungeons. Gave it kind of a Zelda feel. The story was really touching. The visuals are just breathtaking. And the soundtrack was so damn good. It had some small issues here and there, but a great overall package. Wonderful game.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:25 pm

Got Xenoblade X today. Awesome world design, but I don't really feel like I know what I'm doing. Basically how I feel about the first game.

Also, Rocket League hockey started today and it's great. Way better than the mutator mash-up thing
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:08 am

What is this rocket league hockey you speak of?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:38 am

It just turns the field into ice and swaps the ball out for a puck. Not as good as the soccer mode since there seems to be only one non-fluky way to score so far, but as an extra mode on the side it's a lot of fun. It sounds like they're only planning to bring it out in the winter, though.

Edit: This is my best Johnny Gaudreau Impression so you can kind of see how it handles. It seems there is more than one non-fluky way to score, you just need to get used to handling the puck

Last edited by ajapam on Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:13 am; edited 2 times in total
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:31 am

Started up The Witcher 3 expansion Hearts of Stone. Took a bit to get reacclimated to the controls. Didn't get to play much yet, but excited to dive back into the game after a few months away.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:42 pm

I started up DMC just to play SOMETHING on my new PC (got it for $3 or something in a humble bundle) and I actually was enjoying it a lot! Despite that game getting a horrible rep when it was released it seems OK to me so far.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:03 pm

One thing the PC version had over the 7th gen versions was 60 FPS which was one of my two biggest issues, the other that it's way too easy. Still a pretty good game though
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:15 pm

I really enjoyed that game. Even the EdgyTM Dante was entertaining. Don't understand the hate at all apart from people just being mad that they changed him
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:08 pm

Toy Story 3 the game is really fun. Got it a long time ago for $8 but just now playing it. Just a lot you can do. Reminds me of the fun I used to have with the Aladdin and Lion King games as a kid. Any other good Disney games out there?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:10 pm

Hercules on PS1 classics is actually pretty damn great. Check that out
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:05 pm

Back when PS+ perks included free PS1 games (which I miss), they gave a ton of Disney ones away. Maybe it is one that I already have, so I'll have to check on that. Will it make it less fun if I've never seen the movie though?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next