The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+8
avidacridjam
pspiddy
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
chocobot
Miraculous Kaydybug
ajapam
12 posters

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 30 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by Krubixcube Tue May 03, 2016 12:11 am

I definitely want to check that game out once it gets a little cheaper, especially since you like it Trip (since you normally don't gravitate towards japanese/anime style stuff since most of it is very RPG-y).
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat May 07, 2016 5:54 pm

Been playing the Overwatch beta and love it. Characters give a ton of variety and are just really fun to play as. Game also feels really well polished, just a ton of fun to play.

Also been playing Sonic 3. I got a Pokken controller for my PC since it's plug and play and now am gonna go nuts on 2D games since I never really liked them with an XB1 controller. Sonic 3 is such a great game I never gave enough time to also since it's not on everything like 1, 2, and CD.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun May 08, 2016 11:19 am

I have also been playing the Overwatch Beta and I agree... its so much fun! I've been forcing myself to try different characters as much as possible just to get a feel for what they can do. One frustration I have is people online pick the same 3 or 4 heroes... the ones who resemble normal shooter dudes the most. I hope once the game comes out people step outside their comfort zone. I'm kind of hoping the game has some kind of challenge or tutorial system with each hero to allow people to practice besides just running around shooting bots. But in summary: Blizzard is awesome!
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri May 13, 2016 3:05 pm

I played Star Fox Zero and actually enjoyed it quite a bit. Not so much the dual-screen thing, but the gamepad aiming. I had more fun with the core gameplay than in any other Star Fox, though I wish they had kept some of the features from Star Fox Command
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon May 16, 2016 8:29 pm

Been playing Doom and man is that game good. It's just so much fun with such good level design, will be my favorite game this gen if it doesn't slow down
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue May 24, 2016 1:34 pm

Started up Doom. Seems like a pretty fun run and gun shooter so far. Gamefly sent out the new TMNT game as well. Kind of forgot I had it in my queue! Hopefully that is fun. Still chipping away at some trophies and playing Multiplayer in Uncharted 4 too.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat May 28, 2016 1:24 am

I tried the new Ninja Turtle game. If the first level is anything to go on, it is going to be dreadful. Would have been satisfied with something Korra-quality for this, but oh man... I did not like what I played so far.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat May 28, 2016 6:41 am

Doom has been bouncing between Colorado and Georgia since they forwarded my mail too early...and then it bounced back but then my forwarding is on so it will bounce back again. I'll get it eventually, maybe.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Tue May 31, 2016 9:34 am

Haven't been on in a while but I've been playing Aliens Infestation on my 3DS. I enjoy it, thought it's a bit repetitive and the damage dealt by enemies seems to be getting a bit inconsistant.

Looks like I have to move Doom up my list when I'm back on my PC
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue May 31, 2016 10:08 am

It's still too early to say based on how much lasting power the game will have, but Overwatch is shaping up to be my favorite game this gen. Characters are a ton of fun, balance is great, lots of variety. And I'm normally not this into PvP
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:37 pm

What I really like about Doom is all the little side tasks you have while you are playing. And not just collectibles. Each level gives you a level rating out of five for your combat skills and for each point you get you earn a weapon upgrade point. To get Runes (which give you bonuses like making enemies drop armor or ammo pickups more worthwhile) you have to find these places in the level that throw you into a separate time challenge. To get certain weapon upgrades you have to do little tasks with the weapon (like for the last upgrade for the super shotgun, you have to kill two enemies with one shot 20 times). There are similar challenges for Runes and then just for each level. It just adds some fun little things to shoot for while you play the game and I really like that aspect.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:43 pm

I want it so bad...;___;
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:39 pm

I've been playing 3 things.

1. Rogue Galaxy - Bought this on sale a while back, and and wanted to wait until I finished Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted before I started it up. Another fantastic Level-5 game. My only complaint is that it takes a long time for the story to really start delivering a story, first 12 hours you'd basically run into a new character on a fetch type quest.

2. Uncharted - Been really trying to get more into the multiplayer on this one, and Trip and myself have been playing together quite a bit at night. He's definitely the better of the two of us, but I feel like I'm getting a little better all of the time. Also working through my crushing run as well.

3. Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal on the Vita - Out of all of the Vita HD remakes, it's a bit of a shock that my favorite game from the series is my least favorite here. They make the back touch pad the crouch button for strafe mode and first person mode and I am constantly hitting it with my finger and getting shot. It's so stupid, people rarely crouch in these games so I'm not sure why they didn't make it have a disable function. I can't wait to get the platinum so I can move on to Severed which I bought a month ago and really really really want to play.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:11 pm

I want to play Uncharted 4, but I would likely get DESTROYED since I am bad at multiplayer and also bad at shooters on consoles and general.

I beat Uncharted 4 (forgot to give my thoughts - here they are: I liked it quite a bit). Still playing Persona 4 on PC and started up Shadow of Mordor since Doom may never get here at this point (I have two separate claims going with newegg and USPS simulatenously).
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:58 pm

I beat Uncharted 4 this afternoon. I had a blast playing through it. At first I wasn't too big on some of the combat changes with the inclusion of stealth, but once I decided to stop trying to 100% stealth everything I had a lot more fun with it. I thought the game wrapped up nicely too. Makes it really excited to see what Naughty Dog has in store next. It'll probably be The Last of Us 2, which would be a bit disappointing for me, but I'm sure there is more to do in that universe.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:47 pm

Finished Doom. Great FPS campaign. My only big gripe would be the cool labyrinthian level design that gave the game such a good balance between combat and exploration goes flying out the window in the last few chapters in favor of loosely strung together arenas. I get the need to ramp up the combat, but I wish they would have handled it better.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:19 pm

*sigh* I REALLY want Doom...stupid Newegg/USPS. Someday I'll get it. Perhaps sometime this year.

I started up the Talos Principle which I'm really liking. It's hard though! Given me a couple of puzzles already that I'm scratching my head at but I like the disjointed nature of it. If I get stuck I can walk away and go do some other puzzles.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:15 pm

I want to get back to Doom but every time I log onto XBL I see my friends playing Overwatch. And Overwatch is so good. I even cancelled my Mirror's Edge preorder because I knew I'd ignore it for more Overwatch.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:39 pm

I've been playing Valkyria Chronicles Remastered. They did a lot more with it than I expected. They upped it to 60 FPS in addition to prettying up the resolution. Still as amazing of a game as always. Like with Final Fantasy VII, I actually want to get the platinum trophy for it. I've been livestreaming and uploading videos of some of my best battles.

Also been uploading videos of some classic games I've been replaying from decades ago (pre-NES) through emulators.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:00 am

Started up Mirror's Edge Catalyst today. This doesn't seem to be the Mirror's Edge sequel I wanted, but it is pretty fun in its own right. And while there are some additions I am not too keen on, when it is doing what Mirror's Edge should be doing, it delivers a similar kind of joy to the original game. So yeah having a lot of fun with some moments of frustration sprinkled in.

Last edited by TripOpt55 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:45 pm

Spent a good chunk of Sunday to Ratchet & Clank. The plot so far is solid in a utilitarian way, the tone is spot on (very whimsical yet some jokes miss) but the gameplay is aces.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:39 pm

OH man, DOOM is great. I can actually hit the number keys for weapons, you glide around, no reloading! It brings me back to playing shooters like Quake and the original doom on my PC. I think it was zero punctuation who said it, it's pandering, and I know it's pandering but I don't care!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:09 am

I finished the story for Mirror's Edge over the weekend. I will be chipping away at the time trials and stuff going forward. I ended up liking it more than I thought I would after the beta. There are much better areas beyond that both in the story missions and open world and it is so much better once you have all of the skills unlocked.

The platforming is sublime. There really is nothing quite like it. It tests your skills in many different ways. The feeling of nailing a run in these games is about as euphoric as gaming gets for me. The platforming really shines in the linear missions which includes the story ones and these new side missions called gridnodes which are just incredible. They slow things down for more of an examine the environment sort of thing, but they are great. And then the platforming also shines of course in the dashes.

There is just a bunch of design decisions outside of that core platforming that bring the title down. Some other poor side missions, the story, some of the combat sections, the XP system, lack of polish. It is surprising how rough this game can look since it is DICE/Frostbite. The open world is kind of a mixed bag too.

Regardless of complaints, I am so happy this game got made. The highs are so high and delivered more of what I loved so much about the first game even if they added some other stuff that detracts from the overall product.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:49 am

I started up Kirby: Planet Robobot. I really didn't know much about the game I guess. Apparently you can get copy abilities with the mech which is pretty awesome. It kind of gives new life to old abilities because you wonder how they will work with the mech. It is pretty awesome. Game so far is fun. I have only played one world, but the twist on the classic world 1 Kirby boss was really cool.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:23 am

I need to try out one of the latest Kirby games. I was a bit disenchanted after all the more gimmicky/touch screen-y ones.

On another DOOM rant: I think games have something to learn about the way this game handles upgrades. I love having to earn all of the runes and how you upgrade stuff you have by doing certain tasks. Very cool. Gives it a lot of replay-ability (to me, anyway).
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:25 pm

I haven't thought much of the few non-traditional Kirby's I have tried. Maybe it was the ones I tried though. The more traditional ones feel really dependable to me if not typically spectacular.

The upgrade system was one of my favorite parts of Doom.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:54 pm

Been playing Rogue Galaxy on the PS4 and I've been loving the game, I've also been chipping away on my crushing Uncharted 4 run. The handheld game I'm focusing on at the moment is Severed, and I'm really enjoying the game, I recommend it to anyone that liked their previous games.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:36 am

I finished up Kirby. It was a good time. It very much feels like a sequel to Triple Deluxe. It uses multiple layers (foreground/background) in similar ways. Some cool new abilities, all the stuff I mentioned with the mech and the general robotic theme definitely give the game its own unique feel. Otherwise pretty standard Kirby stuff. Might try and collect some stuff before sending it back... not sure.

Would like to try and get Quantum Break next from Gamefly as I will have time for it now. Still showing as availability low though, so not sure if I will be able to.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:38 am

I played the demo for Doom. Call me crazy, but I think the gunplay is boring. It feels so limp to me. It's a shame because everything else in it seems good. Is the consensus that the overall picture is what makes the game good? If not, I'll put it off for a bit
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:08 am

What is the demo of? Do you have a bunch of weapons? I also thought the encounters early on were really weak. I remember playing and just shooting something, running up and glory kill it and repeating and not really getting the hype. Once they start throwing a ton of enemies at you and you have a load of weapons, I think its better. But for all I know the demo was from a section like that.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next