The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+8
avidacridjam
pspiddy
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
chocobot
Miraculous Kaydybug
ajapam
12 posters

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 31 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by ajapam Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:48 am

That's reassuring. The demo is just the first 30 minutes or so of the game so all you get is a pistol and a shotgun
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:58 pm

You get a lot more weapons and the encounters become MUCH more interesting. I was a bit disappointed in the first 30 minutes or so (it's weird to pick it for a demo, but it does work in the big picture).
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:47 pm

If I had a steady source of income I'd pick it up in the steam sale, but alas...
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:04 pm

Beat Severed, a great game from beginning to end. So for my portable game I started up Final Fantasy IV. Got the PSP while it was on sale since it has some extra stuff.

Other than that still playing Rogue Galaxy and multiplayer with Trip on Uncharted.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:23 pm

I caught my first Pokemon today!

In Picross!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:46 pm

I liked Pokemon Picross a bit, would like to get back to it. You gonna stick with it Trip? Always felt you'd like the designs to the creatures if you could get into the gameplay.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:06 am

Probably. I'm a big fan of Picross (played a lot of both DS and 3D) and this gives me a game to play on a handheld while I watch the occasional sports show/wrestling, so I think I may continue to chip away at it. Even not knowing the creatures it is still fun to do the puzzles and see what they look like.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:36 am

I finally got around to finishing that Telltale Game of Thrones game. Blah. I definitely wish I hadn't taken big breaks either. Kind of forgot where I was taking some of the characters. I imagine I'd keep making poor decisions regardless, but maybe I'd have been a little better. If I play Season 2, I will probably just wait until the whole thing releases to help out on that front.

Started up Quantum Break tonight. Having a good time so far. Story seems pretty cool and I didn't mind the TV show that much. I just held off on watching it until I was ready later in the night. The time powers are fun and it just looks really cool when you walk around when time is stopped.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:33 pm

Current games playing:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE: Good game, more Persona than FE. Nice to have another console RPG with good production values.

Super Mario RPG: Recently re-released on Wii U VC.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:58 am

Almost finished Quantum Break. I think I'm at the final boss which is annoying me. The checkpoint is stupid because it makes you do a little thing before the fight kicks in every time. Then they seemingly added some new mechanic in which took me a bunch of tries to realize what I had to do. But at that point I was too annoyed to actually complete it and I had to walk away for the time being. Will try and finish it this weekend. Was enjoying it up to this point. Hopefully after a break, I just beat it without much issue. That happens a lot when this sort of thing comes up.

Also started up Tales from the Borderlands. Just something random I decided to rent for now after some friends were praising it. The cast at the very least is pretty awesome.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:00 pm

Been playing Mirror's Edge Catalys and it's okay. Too many cutscenes and being blocked from all my moves early is lame but it's still fun moving through the city and I like the new grappling hook. Hope it gets better soon
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:42 pm

Make sure to do the gridnode missions. I think those are really great. I think the first one is a required story mission, but the rest are side missions.

I ended up finishing that part that I was on in Quantum Break in one try today. I was definitely being a little stupid, but the whole final boss encounter is also pretty poor, so I don't know. I really enjoyed the experience overall other than that last chapter. The ending is also a little eh because they went the clear sequel bait ending route (I think that is what they were going for at least) which I'm generally not a fan of especially when the game isn't a guaranteed success. And given their struggles trying to get an Alan Wake sequel greenlit, it seems like a bad call. I was impressed with the consistency of the time travel aspect as most fiction with it falls apart. So far this seemed to really work.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:06 pm

Downloaded Pokemon Go. I love this game so much. I'm planning running routes based on where the stops are so I can multitask and get supplies. This honestly might end up being my GOTY.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:25 pm

I beat Inside today. Fairly short game, about 3 hours for me to beat it (though there is a bit more to do which I believe unlocks a different ending.)

From what I remember of Limbo, that game was a better puzzler. The puzzles in this can still be satisfying but it's not as tough. That said, the visual storytelling in Inside is fantastic. There's a fairly clear storyline but it's vague enough to be very creepy, unpredictable, and open to interpretation. The art and sound are 10/10.

Man, though, this game is grim. You have to be in the mood. I'll recommend it but I'd say to wait for a bit unless you're dying to play something like this regardless of the play time
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:28 am

Would you say worth the asking price for such a short game though? Or wait for the next Steam sale?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:59 am

The answer is always to wait for a Steam Sale. Even when it costs $3 like Downwell.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:28 am

I would generally advise waiting for a sale, yes.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:24 pm

I finished Tales from the Borderlands last night. I'm surprised how much I liked this as I never really got into Borderlands or cared much for these TellTale games. The characters, the voice-acting, the story, the humor, the little tall-tale embellishments that happen every now and then. All great. And a special mention to the intro credit sequences they do a couple chapters into each episode. Those are awesome. Those alone would have had me excited to play each new episode, but of course the rest of the game was great too. And the "shootout" in Episode 4 was probably one of the better QTEs I've seen done. Hoping they do a second season of this.

Anyway, I think I will go back and try to play some of the other TellTale games (TWD and The Wolf Among Us at least). I think I have come to like these sorts of games more than I did when I first tried the TWD, so maybe I will like them more. I also think playing them after the whole season releases is better for me.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:49 pm

I keep hearing that about the Borderland one. As someone who's never played a Borderlands game you think I'd like it?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:03 pm

Well, I'd only ever played half of the first Borderlands before this and I still enjoyed it. I guess there are a bunch of characters that sort of pop up from the series that I didn't know, but it didn't affect my enjoyment nor did I ever feel lost or anything (but I imagine people familiar will obviously get more out of those references). So assuming you enjoy these sort of choice/narrative-driven adventure games TellTale does now, I think you would. It is obviously more light-hearted than TWD or GoT, so I guess keep that in mind (I personally liked the tone).
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:17 pm

You really don't need to know anything about the Borderland's Universe. Except maybe that Handsome Jack is an evil dickhead, but you'd pick up on that pretty quick anyway. Glad you liked it Trip. I felt like I was the only one who had played it. Can't wait for season 2!
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:21 pm

I want to enjoy a funny Telltale game, but I really hate the BL universe. Not just the jokes or story but pretty much everything about how the look and lore to the universe annoys me. I really have a hard time seeing myself get past it.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:16 am

Started up the Blood and Wine expansion for The Witcher 3 tonight. Really excited to explore the new region. It looks really beautiful from what I have seen so far.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:38 pm

I'm finally playing Twilight Princess, and I keep thinking I should upgrade to the HD version but I know that'd be stupid at this point. I probably will after I beat it, and then I'll just jump straight into hero mode if I can.

I'm only on the second dungeon but it still has that Zelda charm. I'm surprised by how big the world seems. A few too many mini-game things though, and Midna is kind of annoying

Also I've discovered that Wii games are incredibly loud for some reason?
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:39 pm

Had nothing else to rent, so going to give The Walking Dead another try. I think I maybe played an episode and a half when they were free on PS3, but never finished it.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:16 am

I liked the first season, had some technical issues on the second season, but hopefully they are fixed. Will have to give it another shot once I finish ONE of the games I'm working on now >_> (been very busy, haven't finished ANYTHING).
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:08 pm

Weird question, but does anyone know when/if Mass Effect 2/3 might be BC on Xbox One? I had planned to try and play the series again this year, but due to changes in my living situation/console setup, it'd be easier for me to play them on Xbox One (plus I have copies of 1 and 2 on Xbox already). But I don't want to start on there if I have no hope of finishing the series there due to the whole carrying choices over obviously (I realize expecting to finish all three is really getting ahead of myself, but still).
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:46 pm

From what I heard Mass Effect 2 and 3 weren't on it right away because they're multi disc games and MS needed to put in some extra effort to put that in, which they now do after Deus Ex HR DC was put on there. So they should get there sometime in the near future, presumably by November at the latest (seeing as that has N7 day and when BIoware plans to show more of Andromeda).

Been replaying Mass Effect 2 actually, this time on PC. About to go on the suicide mission, love this game so much. The universe is just such a joy to roam around in, the missions vary the cover shooting well, and I love all these characters so much. In my top 3 for a reason. Also replaying Vanguard is such a blast with how much I love the Biotic Charge/Shotgun combo.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:24 am

Okay cool. Just wanted some reassurance they would be on there.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:29 am

Yeah, I'd probably say 360 is the better way to go anyways. PS3 offers all the DLC for 1 and 2, but only two of those packs on 2 are really worth buying unless you're a huge ME nut like me IMO while 1 has far fewer bugs and 2 has much more polished controls.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next