The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+8
avidacridjam
pspiddy
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
chocobot
Miraculous Kaydybug
ajapam
12 posters

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 32 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by Krubixcube Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:16 am

I played ME on PC but I saw my girlfriend play through the whole series on PS3. Based on that I'd go 360. The PS3 porting looks...flawed at times.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:08 am

Downloaded NBA 2K16 from PS+ and been playing that a little here and there. Someone had all the post-free agency rosters and everything online which was cool.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:06 pm

I'm currently playing I am Setsuna on PS4. Nice callback to Chrono Trigger in battle mechanics and the aesthetic (it's not Akira Toriyama but the overall effect is there), and a catchy piano soundtrack. Also still plugging away at Valkyria Chronicles and Tokyo Mirage Sessions.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:31 pm

Going through Mass Effect 3 again right now. Shooting feels so good after 2's, but still wish they wouldn't have made it so much faster paced. Feel the setup works better for a slower shooter. Still, the huge amount of guns, mods and decent amount of power customization make up for that.

Also Vega grew on me a lot as I replayed the game. He's nowhere close to my favorite squadmate, but he handles the just another soldier thing a lot better than Jacob in 2.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:59 pm

How are you liking I Am Setsuna? I'm eager to try it out, I'm just stingy and collecting opinions before I buy it full price.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:31 pm

Finally beat Wolfenstein: The New Order today. Overall, a great game. There's just a few things I would change about it. Mainly the fact that you have to manually pick up ammo. I hate feeling like I spend most of a game looking at the ground. Wasn't crazy about the boss battles either, especially the London Monitor which was kind of glitchy and way too easy.

But the characters, story, and general level design were all great. It kind of felt like a "greatest hits" of shooters, with a cool mix of run&gun/shooting from cover that just lets you adapt as you go. I loved how leaning worked. Generally it's not that essential of a feature but I used it in this game all the time. It should almost be a new standard
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:48 am

Krubixcube wrote:How are you liking I Am Setsuna? I'm eager to try it out, I'm just stingy and collecting opinions before I buy it full price.

I'd say it's worth the price. It's a lengthy RPG, pretty graphics, nice soundtrack, battle system is basically Chrono Trigger's. The story is pretty straightforward but charming.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:37 am

Mostly switching between Uncharted 4 multiplayer and The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine. Almost threw in the towel on UC4 multi after an update to matchmaking. I came back to it though I play much less now. A new mode and co-op can't come soon enough.

The Witcher has been pretty good. I have some new Witcher armor to craft, but need to find the money/items to make it all. Otherwise, a lot of me getting sidetracked from the new main quest.

I think I'm quitting on The Walking Dead again. I am just so bored playing this and I have been trying to stop playing (and watching) things just because I think I should. I thought maybe I came around on this style of game, but in actuality I guess I just played better things in this style more recently.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:26 am

I might have to try that Borderlands game if you liked that game so much but hated The Walking Dead, because I really liked The Walking Dead, and I'm usually someone that gripes about 10 times per episode of the TV show. I'm not necessarily a fan of these kind of games, I just thought the story was really good and liked the dynamic between Clem and Lee. Moving around and trying to figure out how to get the game to progress is a chore, I just really like the story moments.

I've been playing Dark Cloud. Never beat the game when it originally came out, got to the last boss and couldn't beat him. Probably didn't help that Metal Gear Solid 2 and Final Fantasy X came out not long after it back in 2001, and I was much more excited to play those games. I've been enjoying it a lot, but it definitely is a repetitive game so I'm excited to almost be done to move onto something else. I"ll probably wait on playing Dark Cloud 2 for a bit, too much of the same thing.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:35 pm

I wouldn't say I hated TWD. I think it is possible to be bored/not into something without actively hating it I guess. I think I need a slightly more engaging play experience. I felt that the Borderlands one gave me that (Life is Strange too as another similar game) while still delivering a story I cared about. You do play as a woman half the time in Tales from the Borderlands which I know you don't enjoy as much.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:41 am

I don't hate playing as women, but if I'm gonna be given a choice I usually like playing as a male because I feel like I can relate more. In Final Fantasy games I'll throw one or two females into the mix. If given the opportunity though, I'll never create or pick a female character as my character, that probably makes me sound sexist.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:07 pm

I don't think there is anything wrong with preferring to play as certain types of characters over others.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:20 pm

Tried some of Pokemon's Other Metagames on the battler where they changed the mechanics. Right now I'm focusing on Follow the Leader where everyone's ability and moves are exactly the first member of your team. So my team leader is Nidoqueen which means my Zapdos gets her ability that adds a power boost to certain moves along with moves like Ice Beam and Fire Blast but loses its recovery move Roost amongst others

So far I'm having a blast with it. There's a ton of neat ideas with leaders and my team of Nidoqueen/Archeops/Zapdos/Milotic/Weavile/Mega Metagross has great synergy.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:03 am

I beat Twilight Princess today. Great game, I really loved a few of the dungeons. Lots of the items were really surprising to me, too. Definitely picking up the HD version at some point.

I also picked up Resistance 3 a few days back with some credit I had at EbGames. It's been a long time since I've played a console shooter. Despite feeling a bit like a Polygon writer, I'm having a lot of fun. These games have such great weapons. I love that they made the bullseye the main rifle and changed the alternate fire for the marksmen into a turrent launcher thing
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:22 am

Haven't been playing much lately. I did get Madden 17 from Gamefly and played a couple games of that today. Been a few years, but I picked it back up pretty well.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:01 pm

Started up a new game in Deus Ex: HR for about the third time. Gonna try to actually get through it this time. Really do enjoy the gameplay and world, just kept getting sidetracked.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:31 am

You still haven't beat HR, greenie? Augh! It's so good...except the last...1/6 of the game or so. I've ordered Mankind Divided but am in Colorado for a while...will play it this weekend when I get back @___@
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:31 am

I want to beat Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Lightning Returns before XV comes out. Color me happy to find out there is an easy mode for XIII-2, hopefully it makes speeding through it an easy task.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:19 pm

Are they actually enjoyable games, though? :-p
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:34 pm

XIII-2 was better than XIII from a combat perspective and exploration, but only having two main characters kind of took the fun out of a normal Final Fantasy game.  I got all the way to the end with no problem and the last boss kicked my ass extremely fast.  I probably picked the wrong monsters to aid me, which is really frustrating when you play a game for 25 hours to just get your ass kicked.  If I remember correctly I did a fair amount of level grinding too.  Never played Lightning Returns so I have no comment on that one.

I just really like to beat Final Fantasy games, despite how poor they've become lately.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:59 am

So I beat Resistance 3 today. As much as I enjoy the guns in this game, I have to say the visual cues were pretty awful. So many times I had no idea where to go until the game just gave up and gave me a waypoint or had an AI character point something out. Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention or my spacial awareness isn't what it used to be, but generally I'm not bad at figuring out where to go. It's one of those things you never notice until a game is particularly bad at it.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:40 am

So apparently Grow Up released without me realizing it a couple weeks ago because the games press is more concerned with the ethical considerations of Deus Ex letting you kill anyone in the game(which has been a standard feature in WRPGs for almost two decades) than they are with letting people know when games come out.

Anyways, I'm enjoying it. Bigger and more exploration focused than the last game. Injects the standard Ubisoft formula into it, but it works here because everything gives rewards that let you reach new areas or accomplish new challenges (and said challenges also give gameplay upgrades). It's a fun game, though don't think I'd recommend it to anyone who didn't like Grow Home.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:55 am

Went back to Uncharted 4 multiplayer because they added a new map. It is thankfully not the same layout as every other map in the game. They made it based on feedback on the launch maps, so I hope from now on the layouts will be less same-y. While the map looks great, the theme is very similar to several others. I wish they had gone with something a bit more visually distinct.

With a new update, I once again have to change my loadout. Grenades are useless now compared to C4, so I have switched. Hard to throw long distances, but better in pretty much every other way. Everyone playing tonight seemed to have the same idea. There was a lot of C4.

Looks like they are remaking the Village map from 2 next. Not a favorite map of mine, but at least it will be different visually and layout-wise. Looking forward to seeing how they might add the grapple. Hoping the tank returns!

(I realize no one else really cares about this stuff, but I just wanted to post this somewhere!)
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:18 am

I need to get back into the multiplayer, not sure why I haven't been playing it anymore. Maybe I'll see you on again for some matches.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:47 pm

Trip, I posted a huge thing on competitive Pokemon a couple weeks ago. I think you're entitled to some Uncharted 4 MP gushing.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:28 pm

Picked of King of Fighters XIV today. I'm practicing in arcade mode so that I can do well online. Might broadcast a few matches through Twitch. Anybody else have this and interested in playing online?

Also playing Odin Sphere on PS4. I missed it the first time, so it's a new game to me. I'm really enjoying it so far. The last Vanillaware game I played was Dragon's Crown on PS3, which was awesome.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:36 am

Haven't had much time for gaming lately. But I have been playing Pokemon Go pretty regularly. There are a bunch of stops and two gyms right outside my house so its been fun trying to hold those down. That game sure kills your phone battery though!
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:30 pm

Been playing Deus Ex in concentrated bursts and then 7th Dragon III VFD (worst...title...ever) on the 3DS which I'm enjoying so much more than I thought I would.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:21 am

Got the new Ace Attorney today. Pretty much everything a sequel should do, keeps the good intact while putting in a fun new twist. Also still chugging through Deus Ex HR which is good, but can get exhausting. Feel stealth games that go over 8 hours tend to get that way. Except MGS3/5 and Last of Us. Those games are just amazing at what they do.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:05 pm

I started up ReCore. It really does feel like a throwback to the PS2-era in the way it is designed. Like when games were starting to transition from the platformer focus of the PS1/N64 days to where we are now. So there is still a lot of platforming (and its pretty good), but it has other gameplay types as well. It even has lock-on style aiming that feels like its from that era before everyone moved to the more over-the-shoulder style. Just really game-y too without much story to it. And it all works pretty well. I'm having a lot of fun so far. I also haven't had any glitches or crashes or anything like a lot of reviews were complaining about. Though I haven't played too much yet, so that may change.

Also happy to have a game I'm actually looking forward to playing more of when I'm not playing it. Like lately, I sit down to play something and just end up playing Uncharted online for a little while because nothing I'm playing I am super into.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next