The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Gaming Chat Thread

+12
Motinator
TheMatt
Rainjar
A Roguish Ham
SanAndreasX
ajapam
BretBaber
Krubixcube
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
pspiddy
TripOpt55
16 posters

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Gaming Chat Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gaming Chat Thread

Post by volvocrusher Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:08 pm

I am so sick of gamergate. Also that image ignores all the fucked up shit the pro-GG side did
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:36 pm

Yeah, that sums it up pretty well Spiddy, but one side acting like a piece of shit followed by the other side acting shittier, causing an endless cycle of people outdoing each other in the worst way possible is the best way to sum it up.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:55 pm

But it's clearly having an impact on the industry as a whole. It's leading them all to promote and review each others work to further their own agendas instead of being objective, which makes certain type of games more popular and starts influencing developers as well as making them scared to disagree. I'd like to point they love to use the term journalist when it benefits them to get access to places along with interviews then when you critise them they're suddenly bloggers.

@Volve - What's all the fucked up shit they've been doing? If you're going to mention the things they say to Anti-GG figure heads, that playing field has been equal for ages on both sides. I'm also pretty sure a couple of Anti-GG figure heads got busted for hacking their own stuff just to play professional victims.

To me, GamersGate is the best thing that's happened to gaming in years.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:24 pm

How this whole situation didn't start from the FYC, but people harassing Zoe Quinn over her sex life, not the connections to the press, but just all the people she was fucking. Or the death threats against Sarkeesian. I don't like either people and think the other side is worse, but not owning up to their issues is why this shit happened in the first place.

Honestly though, I'm just sick of hearing about this. This shit is so toxic and vile with thr only upside being that since they're targeting each other, I normally don't have to hear about it. I'd love nothing more than for the conversation to end here.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:00 pm

It started over the people she was sleeping with because the people she was sleeping with were journalists, then when then boyfriend she cheated on (MundaneMatt) made a Youtube video telling everyone what had happened she got it taken down for copyright, despite not having any material of hers other than the screenshot of her 'game'.

Anita Sarkessian loves any threats she gets, she's not scared of them at all. Less than 24 hours after her whole recent thing about having to contact the police over some mean messages then saying she was going to stay with family and friends to feel safe she tweeted her goddamn donation page. She's a professional victim that spins everything and uses any offensive things shes sent to try and turn down the large majority with extremely valid complaints. She doesn't even like video games, she lied through her teeth to get where she is now.

I'd just like to point out that while some Anita and co may have received some mean messages, a pro-GG figure head who helped leaked the mailing list received this - https://twitter.com/Nero/status/513666683916255232

The only toxic thing in this are the clearly corrupt and borderline batshit insane SJWs.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:06 pm

Too long a reply for a topic I care so little about. Basically: everyone here either doesn't give a shit about gamergate or is sick of hearing about it. So if you want to talk about it, you're at the wrong place.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:01 pm

I've looked into it and the whole thing looks stupid and a sad continuation of all the sexist bullshit that still happens in that industry. But it does look very very silly and why people would care about this I don't know. Also saying someone "loves the threats they get" is a pretty insensitive thing to say. Threats are never OK...ever. Doesn't matter how the other side reacts.

On the other hand I went to TGS...so that was fun!

Last edited by Krubixcube on Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:04 pm

Do they have playable demos there? If so, you play anything good?
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:06 pm

Some of the lines were too long, but I played a couple of Square Enix games. EA had a booth (you'll appreciate this) that had a HUGE Dragon Age poster with smoke coming out of it and everything. I figure the game is close enough to release they might have something for it. Bitches didn't even have a TRAILER going, they just had a line to take a picture with some DA cosplayers. Literally that was all the media they had for it. WAY TO DROP THE BALL EA!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:17 pm

I don't even know how to explain that. I get the series isn't as popular in Japan, but that should just mean have a playable demo with no flair, not nothing but flair.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:27 pm

volvocrusher wrote:Yeah, that sums it up pretty well Spiddy, but one side acting like a piece of shit followed by the other side acting shittier, causing an endless cycle of people outdoing each other in the worst way possible is the best way to sum it up.

As I've said somewhere else, in shit-throwing contests, there are no winners. Only losers.

Also, agree with Spiddy. Gaming "journalism" is basically hobbyist writing. Getting angry at game journalism is like getting angry at Coin World Magazine. The only gaming publication I ever saw fit to support with my money was Nintendo Power, which was paying Nintendo to send you propaganda. But man, was that a fun magazine. Smile
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:32 pm

Krubixcube wrote:Some of the lines were too long, but I played a couple of Square Enix games. EA had a booth (you'll appreciate this) that had a HUGE Dragon Age poster with smoke coming out of it and everything. I figure the game is close enough to release they might have something for it. Bitches didn't even have a TRAILER going, they just had a line to take a picture with some DA cosplayers. Literally that was all the media they had for it. WAY TO DROP THE BALL EA!

I saw some games I was interested in, but other than Final Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, and a few Sega RPGs that are never ever ever coming out in English because, well, Sega, the only game that I can recall off the top of my head is Guilty Gear Xrd. Did you get to see that in action?
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:36 am

this is probably the dumbest way to say this but we all share a common interest we should be friends. All this fighting is just fucking stupid and pointless. People should be able to respect different ideologies and beliefs whether you're an "SJW" or a "misgyonistic manchild" or whatever the hell you are. You see the issue is no one cares what the other side thinks they are the enemy just for being over in that corner, and this kind of though process needs to fucking stop.

I guess I'm not really sick of talking about this persay I just am sick of people demonizing "the other side" over this. I follow people on both sides on twitter and i've seen shit coming from all over its just ridiculous and disgusting

I guess my point in all this is SHUT THE FUCK UP AND PLAY YOUR MOTHERFUCKING VIDEO GAMES YOU DAMN SONS OF BITCHES! or something
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:08 am

Or even more older depending on who's doing the telling.

And spiddy: I posted some pictures on facebook but since you don't use that I will link some up here soon.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:12 am

As a kid I mostly played games with my family I really didnt play much other than nintendo stuff though i did get into a few RPGs (FF, Tales) that I mostly never beat in middle school.

I didn't really get into games like I am now till around 05, 06 sometime around then. I had a pretty nasty breakup with a girlfriend in highschool, and i kind of swore off sex/relationships. Long unrelated story, but anyways without sex to help me deal with my depression I bought an xbox along with DoAX and the sweet embrace of pixelated boobies eased my heart and soul. Video games became my new drug of choice around a year later with Final Fantasy XII, and Persona 3 being really the first ones I played ALL DAY NONSTOP.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:33 am

I really loved the writers at Official Playstation Magazine. The first one, not the newer one that is now defunct as well. Even when I went against their reviews I found games that were in fact shitty and should be avoided. One thing I particularly remember was them talking a long line for something that was coming out, and most of the people there were sitting playing their DS and PSP, but then they said "Mostly DS systems though." I always liked that. It showed that they gave honest opinions, and didn't try to sell a system that they were supposed to be rooting for. I also loved all of their humor and personalities, you could tell which article was written by the tone without even needing to check the writer's name. I miss them dearly.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:41 pm

pspiddy wrote:I got into gaming because of Galaga. It fits my OCD nature. On consoles it was Combat!, Joust, Jungle Hunt, and Spider-Man. I was bouncing between parents at the time so we always had the latest Atari. When we got a NES for Christmas I almost broke a controller playing RBI baseball. I was so pissed at that game until recently when I figured out how to beat the CPU on my cfw PSP.

Trip is turning 30 so we should all share our formative gaming stories. It might make him smile and feel less olderer.

Galaga and Joust were awesome, as was Nintendo's take on Joust, Balloon Fight. My sister and I used to play Joust together on the Atari 130XE we had back then. The first video game I remember playing was Donkey Kong. The commissary on the Ak-Chin Indian Reservation near where I lived as a little kid in Arizona had Donkey Kong and Dig-Dug arcade machines. Ms. Pac-Man was also good.

I didn't have a NES growing up, but my best friend at the time got one and we spent 4 months on the original Zelda the year it first came out. I also loved Kid Icarus, Metroid, Dragon Warrior. I had home computers in the 1980s. The first dedicated game-playing device I had was the O.G. Game Boy which I got for Christmas the year it launched in the US. I got a SNES bundled with A Link to the Past in 1994, which was my first full-size console.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:46 pm

Kayshire Cat wrote:As a kid I mostly played games with my family I really didnt play much other than nintendo stuff though i did get into a few RPGs (FF, Tales) that I mostly never beat in middle school.

I didn't really get into games like I am now till around 05, 06 sometime around then. I had a pretty nasty breakup with a girlfriend in highschool, and i kind of swore off sex/relationships. Long unrelated story, but anyways without sex to help me deal with my depression I bought an xbox along with DoAX and the sweet embrace of pixelated boobies eased my heart and soul. Video games became my new drug of choice around a year later with Final Fantasy XII, and Persona 3 being really the first ones I played ALL DAY NONSTOP.

My first Final Fantasy game was FFVI. I played that one until I was hallucinating when I was 16. My mother chewed me out pretty good about sitting up all night playing video games when that happened, but I didn't hear it over the Final Fantasy VI battle theme that was playing in my head. I took a paid day off of work for FFXII's launch. I actually started a new playthrough of FFXII last night, incidentally.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:50 pm

Krubixcube wrote:I've looked into it and the whole thing looks stupid and a sad continuation of all the sexist bullshit that still happens in that industry. But it does look very very silly and why people would care about this I don't know. Also saying someone "loves the threats they get" is a pretty insensitive thing to say. Threats are never OK...ever. Doesn't matter how the other side reacts.

It has nothing to do with sexism. This is the problem, this is what people on GG are sick of. Everything gaming is twisted "This is sexism!" when it has nothing to do with that. The large places I've seen where loads of pro-GGers discuss what to do next anyone who even suggests doing anything (Such as doxxing, threatening, any of that shit) gets told to fuck off by pretty much everyone straight away. None of us are for that. People care about this because it IS having an impact on the gaming community and industry.

I don't think it's insensitive at this stage. Instead of actually getting on with her long overdue, extremely bias, poorly researched series that she got $160,000 for she carries on playing professional victim and uses the cherry picked mean internet messages to try and counter the large majority who are calling her out on what she's saying.

Kayshire Cat wrote:
I guess my point in all this is SHUT THE FUCK UP AND PLAY YOUR MOTHERFUCKING VIDEO GAMES YOU DAMN SONS OF BITCHES! or something

This is exactly what we want, which is why we're so up in arms against them at last. GGers built an entire goddamn persona around this when they were funding a project by TFYC.

Vivan James:

SanAndreasX wrote:

My first Final Fantasy game was FFVI. I played that one until I was hallucinating when I was 16. My mother chewed me out pretty good about sitting up all night playing video games when that happened, but I didn't hear it over the Final Fantasy VI battle theme that was playing in my head.

Haha, that's awesome! Final Fantasy wise, I remember staying up until silly times in the morning playing IX on school nights when I was about 8-9. Thankfully my mother was just as hooked on the game as me so instead of being scolded she'd spend all evening watching me play it and fueled the evening with popcorn. Best times.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:58 pm

Saying someone deserves to fear for their life over video games, even someone I can't stand like her, is fucked up. It really disturbs me that you think that.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:09 pm

I never said she deserved it, in fact I actually said that none of us are for threatening people.

It really disturbs me that you'd try twist my words about the subject of threats like that.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:35 pm

"Don't think it's insensitive at this stage" isn't exactly twisting your words. It's pretty damn easy to get that out of what you wrote. Looking back, maybe I misinterpreted, but your attitude about it still does disturb me.

I agree with Spiddy though. Lets just drop this fucking topic and move on. If you can't get that you're pushing something onto people who come here to get away from this crap...well, that's your problem not ours
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:59 pm

It is twisting my words or, sure, you misunderstood. The "Don't think it's insensitive at this stage" was aimed at Krubix saying her loving the threats she gets is insensitive. Due to how she's used the situation she gets no sympathy from me. I'm not for threatening people (Duh) but nobody would have even given anywhere near as much of a fuck if it happened to a guy and the people who aren't interested in playing professional victim would have just ignored them. It's the internet, people say empty shit online all the time because of the anonymous nature of it, everyone who uses the internet is fully aware of this. If you want to think I'm sort of sick psychopath for that then feel free I guess.

I mentioned a big thing that's happening within the gaming community, you've responded, I've responded back because I think it's important. Of course I'm not going to just drop it while you're responding.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:06 pm

No, it was me misunderstanding because I care so little about what you say that I didn't really glance over and respect your opinion like I do with everyone else here. I misinterpreted what you said. Also, not like you've never twisted anyone else's words.

Rainjar wrote:
Krubixcube wrote:I think you just need to lighten up man, people have opinions, including on how you come across. These opinions may differ to your own. It is not productive to react to these opinions by lashing out, swearing and calling people stupid. It could sound like you're coming off as a bit pretentious, doesn't mean you are being pretentious but you could come across that way. Worse yet, it might just paint you as an asshole.

How many times have people on this forum called me out for being a pretentious, monocle wearing, sweatervest...guy? Almost daily. I wear it with pride.

Also, calling all of us Americans as "the stupidest people" is not a way to score points with me. Just a little dealing-with-human-beings pro-tip.

Everyone's allowed their opinions 'cept when it's Rainjar, in which case he needs to calm down because he's being ludicrous. Okay.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:46 pm

GODDAMN SMASH BROS IS SO CLOSE. I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY ALL MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS LIKE THESE

Gaming Chat Thread - Page 17 Bxs29HpIYAAtcyp
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next