The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Gaming Chat Thread

+12
Motinator
TheMatt
Rainjar
A Roguish Ham
SanAndreasX
ajapam
BretBaber
Krubixcube
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
pspiddy
TripOpt55
16 posters

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

Gaming Chat Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: Gaming Chat Thread

Post by ajapam Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:16 pm

BretBaber wrote:How much did they say it was going to cost?  Unless some kind of Dragon Quest game requires the new one I have no intentions of getting it.  

$230 up here, so probably $210 or $220 for y'all.

I still can't tell if it's supposed to be a "next-gen" system or not. This has been a pretty terrible lead up to a system launch, honestly. I'm only getting it because it's basically a cheap upgrade to me and it helped me get rid of extra stuff. Nintendo really needs to work on marketing. There's still plenty of people who don't know the Wii-U is a brand new console
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:00 pm

it's $199.99
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:41 pm

That's dumb. Well at least I can get get paid decent wages and actually afford university. At least until Harper "prorogues" labour laws and education funding.

... er I mean I love you Supreme Leader Harper please show me where the real election booths are this time so I can let you and oil enter my heart to forgive my sins and stop those dirty natives and homosexuals from destroying amer- I mean canada
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:06 pm

Hasn't Nintendo pulled this kind of shenanigan before though? But in the form of add ons and whatnot? Again, I keep my assertion that they are the Apple of the gaming world: they make great products, but they don't play well with other developers and constantly update their products in a way that makes yours outdated right after you buy it. "BOUGHT a 3DS did ya? Well, idiot, here's a 3DS XL! Don't like the 3D? Well good thing we released the 2DS a few months later, right? Know what, we're bored about the NORMAL 3DS, let's make a new 3DS, and call it NEW 3DS and make it a brand new console. Hahahahahaha"
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:41 am

So I preordered the New 3DS Majoras Mask Edition from Best Buy and I was one of the people who got the order cancelled... kinda sucks... but it I did get a $50 credit for a future purchase. They give links in the e-mail for the standard New 3DS's... but I could just use it for whatever. Kind of a bummer I don't get the pretty Zelda edition... but I have a feeling the problem was the supply given by Nintendo combined with assholes who bought as many as possible to sell on e-bay.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:28 am

I don't normally do stuff like this, but my friend's game is on Square Enix's website this week collecting votes to get help with funding/marketing which considering he's doing this stuff almost 100% by himself is very impressive. Anyway, if you feel the kindness in your heart, check out his pitch on Squeenix and upvote him, as it will genuinely be helping a very good guy out.

Find Pitch Here
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:09 pm

Since Club Nintendo's ending soon and I have enough coins to give out two of these (don't want anything else), anyone want a code for Donkey Kong Gameboy for 3DS? It's one of my all time favorite games, just letting you know.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:18 pm

Krubixcube wrote:I don't normally do stuff like this, but my friend's game is on Square Enix's website this week collecting votes to get help with funding/marketing which considering he's doing this stuff almost 100% by himself is very impressive. Anyway, if you feel the kindness in your heart, check out his pitch on Squeenix and upvote him, as it will genuinely be helping a very good guy out.

Find Pitch Here
Just click Yes I would crowdfund it? Or is there something else I need to do.

volvocrusher wrote:Since Club Nintendo's ending soon and I have enough coins to give out two of these (don't want anything else), anyone want a code for Donkey Kong Gameboy for 3DS? It's one of my all time favorite games, just letting you know.
I would take one. Never played that DK game before and I like to try and play my friends favorites when I can.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:28 am

Just the yes is very helpful, Trip, thanks!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:51 pm

PS+ free content for February looks pretty good. The last two months have been pretty stellar, hope they continue this trend.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:28 pm

I mentioned a new firmware update in another thread... but I know a lot of you often complain about button placement in games. Looks like the new firmware update will allow custom button mapping as a system wide function and it works in-game... so it sounds like a nice work around for any game that doesn't allow it.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:25 am

So I checked a Five Nights at Freddy's video just to get an idea of what it's like and heard a comment about how interesting its lore is. Thought that was weird since it doesn't look like there's much to it, but I was so wrong. There's so much speculation to go off of with why the animatronics now kill people, it's great stuff. Still have no interest in the gameplay, but been checking videos and it's wiki, there's some great stuff there.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:35 am

I think it's a cool idea just not really my cup of tea but the type of thing I'd happily watch Let's Plays and other friends play and get into.

There's definitely a lot of care and love put into the environments and stuff by the guy who made it.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:49 am

Yeah, I think it's really cool how much the fans are discussing and debating over what everything means. Like how the animatronics were used to hide the bodies of dead children, which is why they have blood and mucus come out of them. It's so fucked up and dark, but it's all just based on clues and hints, it's very subtle. Someone needs to turn this game into a movie.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:16 am

Sublety is my favorite type of storytelling in games. Since they are so interactive and you can sit and LOOK at stuff for as long as you want you can get so many details that way that you couldn't get in books/movies.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:45 am

I've been playing a lot of games with that storytelling actually between Dark Souls and Metroid Prime Trilogy
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:32 am

I got stuck on Ocarina of Time and don't have a smartphone to look stuff up atm so I jumped over to Link's Awakening and...am enjoying it way more. It's just really...organically designed. Get a bit lost, just explore a bit more/mess about a bit more and a solution will appear. Doesn't feel quite as arbitrary as OoT.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:19 am

OoT is actually a very linear game. They try to hide it... but there isn't a whole hell of a lot to do at any point besides just going to the next temple. There's a few side quests to go on here and there... but if you spend too much time off the main track you get Navi giving you passive aggressive hints saying... hey... you should go here now! Plus it doesn't help that all the main areas are shoved in the different corners of the map and the entire middle of it is somewhat empty.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:24 pm

The thing that frustrates me and, given, this could just be me being an idiot, is they say "go here" so I go there and I talk to everyone I find but I still can't tell what it is they want me to do. I mean i guess they have the...vision stone or whatever but I'll wait until I reload.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:43 pm

Just assume you have to walk up to someone and play the Song of Time or Zelda's Lullaby. That usually works.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:08 pm

How about this Konami/Kojima stuff? Pretty crazy.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:34 am

Kojima was literally Konami's life support they aint shit without him
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:37 am

I don't even want to think about playing a Metal Gear Solid game that he didn't make. In fact, something like that shouldn't even be made.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:00 pm

I'm more excited than anything. He's always said that he'd be done with MGS after the next game came out so if this lets him do a new IP, that'll be something to look out for.

I hope Silent Hills isn't affected, though
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:35 pm

I actually really liked Zone of the Enders 2...I always hoped he'd return to that. Mecha fights compliment his crazyness story-wise and the game was fun and made you feel like you were playing those animes with projectiles and missiles everywhere. Good stuff.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:29 pm

I'll see what Kojima's up to next before I form an opinion. Also yet another remaster announced today with God of War 3. May give it a rent.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:43 pm

I mean, I like God of War. I'll probably check it out. Depends on the price, I guess.

I'm fine with Kojima being done with Metal Gear as long as MGS5 wraps everything up with a satisfying ending. Tie all the loose ends together and let Kojima's Metal Gear be done. If they want to keep doing stuff in the universe with other people, fine. I am excited to see what else he will work on.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:40 pm

I like God of War 3 quite a bit, but it really isn't a game in need of remastering. Looks great still and ran well to begin with.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:46 pm

Sony must be making a ton of money off of these remasters. If you think about it, a lot of these PS3 exclusives being remastered on PS4 are the first opportunity to play the game for people who never had a PS3. And with PS4 having the hardware lead, you can assume there are a lot of people in that position.

I would be interested to see a side-by-side comparison on how God of War III looks on current gen compare to last gen. I don't really know how much more HD it can get. I suppose it'll be the different between the Last of Us when that got remastered, but I never played that.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:26 pm

To my eyes (on PS3) I'd hazard that The Last of Us is more advanced graphically, but God of War 3 generally had a better framerate and image quality I think. Those seem like the types of things that would benefit most from a remaster from PS3 to PS4. Having said that GoW3's gameplay would probably benefit more from 60fps than TLOU due to the speed of play. Honestly I'm not great with this stuff though so who knows.

But as you said, it is easy money for Sony and there are a bunch of people who went from 360 to PS4. Maybe a bunch who even played the first two God of War games back on PS2. For a single game from 2010 though, $40 seems steep. I'm not really the audience though.

I'm very excited that Barlog is back in charge of the next God of War. 2 was my favorite (not sure if anyone around here feels the same though), so that is a plus for me.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next