The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Gaming Chat Thread

+12
Motinator
TheMatt
Rainjar
A Roguish Ham
SanAndreasX
ajapam
BretBaber
Krubixcube
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
pspiddy
TripOpt55
16 posters

Page 26 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

Gaming Chat Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Gaming Chat Thread

Post by TheMatt Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:22 am

God of War 2 is my favorite too and I think a lot of people would agree. I just thought it had a crappy ending... especially when you look at how they paid it off with the third game.

That $40 price tag is just for day 1 purchase. You know it'll be available for $20 by the holiday season or free on PS+ at some point. I'm waiting for The Last of Us to drop in price to $20 as well. That's my jump price for these remasters.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:20 am

Has anyone played the Dino Crisis games? I'm thinking of buying them but wondering if they would hold up playing them for the first time in current times. I know they're only a dollar right now, but I don't want to waste my time more than my money if they're not worth it. Also, how about Breath of Fire IV? Never played it, kind of watched videos on it last night and it looks good.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:56 pm

Dino Crisis is all right. I wouldn't mind having a current-gen update.

Breath of Fire IV is great, and you'd better believe that I wish Capcom would revive that series as something other than a pay-to-win browser game. I still prefer BoF III myself, but since that game isn't on PSN, BoF IV fits the bill. And on a technical basis, BoF IV is better than III.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:26 pm

Good thing I bouht it before it was gone. I bought that PS4 Home game and Breath of Fire 4. Anyone else buy anything?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:07 pm

BretBaber wrote:Good thing I bouht it before it was gone. I bought that PS4 Home game and Breath of Fire 4. Anyone else buy anything?

Debating between FF Type-0 and Codename: S.T.E.A.M. And Bloodborne, I guess.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:05 pm

Codename STEAM is pretty good so far (would say don't listen to Polygon, but I know you already have enough reasons to do that. Bloodborne though is a lot better. Very different games, but man Bloodborne is so much fun.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:24 pm

volvocrusher wrote:Codename STEAM is pretty good so far (would say don't listen to Polygon, but I know you already have enough reasons to do that. Bloodborne though is a lot better. Very different games, but man Bloodborne is so much fun.

Keep in mind that I cite Valkyria Chronicles as the best game of the PS3/360/Wii generation. Smile
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:59 am

Came across this a little while back and now that I started up Dark Souls on PC, it's really hard to convince myself not to buy it http://www.fangamer.com/products/laudate-solis?
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:39 pm

And it looks like Silent Hills may no longer be a thing. That's a shame. I was looking forward to Silent Hills more than I was MGSV.

Not that I'm surprised given the messy divorce between Konami and Kojima. Also, given that Konami seems to be giving up on video games in favor of gambling machines, health clubs, mobile games, and Yu-Gi-Oh! cards and in fact made public noises about wanting to do so a couple years back, I was surprised they announced Silent Hills in the first place.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:15 pm

It's just sad that one of my favorite game franchises...well, that's a lie, but it's a franchise that contains one of my favorite games wont be given up by Konami even when they have no intention of doing it right.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:28 pm

I'm not sure how many people know this, but if you buy a New Nintendo 3DS it does not come with a charger cable. That's some bull shit. It's like they were saying, "Ha ha ha, we just know you'll keep buying every new iteration of our portable system so we're not going to waste our time putting in a charger when you can just use your old one, so it'll save us a little money while we take yours!" That's like getting a PS4 or XBone without the power cable. Bull shit. That's some crooked shit Nintendo. The only reason I found out is because a mom and her kid came in yesterday saying it didn't come with one, and me and my co-worker were like "I'm positive it comes with one." On the box it proved we were wrong. Poor kid sold his old one and charger, and when he bought a new one he couldn't charge it. I'll say it again, that's just all kinds of bull shit.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:58 pm

Yeah I couldn't believe that when I first heard about it.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:16 pm

I agree they need to make it obvious but it's less about that reason and more about profit. Putting it at $199.99 (where regardless of actual price, it feels cheaper than anything $200) will push a lot more units and removing the cable allows them to keep a profit on the thing. It's not them being dicks nor does it make this right, it's just a business tactic.

Plus Sony actually does do the same thing just with their controllers and used to do the same thing with Vita memory cards where some games were unplayable without one. Sure, you still have that controller cable that came with the system but it is inconvenient if you have two low battery controllers and want to game with a bud (which did happen with me). Again, not saying any of these are right, just that all these companies have their own minor annoyances which I see that charge cable as rather than a huge load of bullshit.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:29 pm

There are tons of business tactics that involve companies being dicks in my opinion (Retailer-exclusive pre-order bonuses for instance). They are by no means mutually exclusive. Also are you saying that adding in a charger would mean selling the New 3DS at a loss?

Sony does plenty of bullshit, I don't think anyone here would infer otherwise. That doesn't mean we can't complain about Nintendo doing dumb stuff. If we are talking about semantical differences between what is bullshit and what is annoying and what is people being dicks, I'm not sure the difference in wording means that much.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:39 pm

It would be different if Sony didn't give you a charger cable for the controller. Still sucks you pay that much money for a controller and no cable, but technically you should already have one so it stings less. The only comparable example is if the vita didn't come with a charging cable.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:45 pm

And if Nintendo is hurting that bad that they need to make profit off of a cable it makes me wonder how they're doing as a company. They sell plenty of their own games, amiibos, eshop cards to justify a $15 to $20 cable. Hell, that money the customer saves on a cable could go towards a game which where I work is 80% of the time a Nintendo published game. It's just silly.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:30 am

Again, not defending it just saying I don't think it's that bad. Like Trip's reaction I get, but I've been seeing a lot of extreme reactions like this is so awful which is the vibe I got from Bret's and I really don't get one so extreme.

I worded it bad there, they probably would still would still have made a profit off the system, but they're looking to make a profit overall. I don't know their 2014 report but if you took their 2013 one and added the billion they made from Amiibos (which didn't exist when they made this decision) they still would have operated at a loss. That's how bad they're doing. Because the Wii U is doing awful and that made them desperate. That's why they're making mobile games now, they're doing whatever they can to be profitable as a company. Some things may be good about that (mobile and DS on Wii U) and some things will sick (the charger and Amiibo shortages). But it's not them being dicks, it's them being desperate.

And I would say the memory card for the Vita was comparable to this. Having a digital shop as a huge selling point and certain games requiring it, but you have to shell out $20 extra bare minimum for one, and even then having very low storage.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:28 am

They definitely should lower the price on the Vita cards. Should have been SD from the get go, but if it wasn't going to be, at least price them accordingly.

To say that it is utter bull shit that they didn't include a cable that is necessary to play the system isn't too extreme in my opinion.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:32 am

When said cable costs $10, $5 if you really look around isn't that bullshit. Not making it obvious is bullshit, but it honestly doesn't bother me as much as the Vita's outrageous memory card prices
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:39 am

Desperate not dicks. Now I can see what you mean there. There is just something really stupid about not including a charger and I could totally see it getting someone's goat. It is only $10 to get one, so not a real big deal, but man it just feels dumb. I think Sony peddling overpriced proprietary memory cards for Vita in general was probably worse than them not including a card with the system (in some cases).

What bothers me more than either of those is Nintendo's handling of the 3DS' second stick and Sony making me pay for online play on PS4. Like some don't think these are a big deal at all and yet they got me all pissed off.

I guess one man's "Meh this is no big deal" is another man's "Oh my god this is such bullshit."

Edit: And you guys covered some of this while I posted I guess.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:05 am

I think the people that get mad over having to pay to play online are the ones that don't really care about PS+. Since it is a service I'd pay for regardless of needing it to play online, to me I don't really care that I have to pay online.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:43 am

Sony was lucky MS was being such a bunch of idiots when they announced you'd need Plus to play online. "What's this about Plus? Ah, who cares, no DRM or used game restrictions!"
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:57 pm

It is kind of the principle of the thing for me. I'm might sound super entitled, but when I spend full price on a console and a game, I feel like I should be able to play the game's online multiplayer. Not being able to isn't cutting something as integral to using the console like a charger (though it may be with a game in some cases), but the charger is a ten dollar fix where as I'd end up paying what $300-400 dollars to do the same for multiplayer over the life of the PS4 (I personally will probably just get PS+ when I need it, but that would be the cost if I wanted to have it all the time).

I admit it would bother me less if I liked PS+ more. The service doesn't hold a lot of value for me. I generally buy the games I want. Rarely do I get a PS+ game I'm excited about and don't already have and I don't even get around to playing most of them. The discounts/sales are good though. The service lost even more value to me when I starting using Gamefly. They are both rental systems because of the way PS+ is set up (you are renting the license basically), but with Gamefly I get to play new releases and most importantly choose the games I want to rent. I also feel there has been a general decline in the PS+ service since they tied it to online play. So while I'd probably be less bothered if I liked PS+ more, I'd still be bothered. I guess it is kind of like how you probably won't buy a New 3DS Bret, but the charger thing still bugs you a lot. Something doesn't need to affect me directly for it to bother me, but it is worse when it does obviously.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:33 pm

If I buy a new one, it'll be after their second or third iteration of it. Another chop chafer that is Nintendo.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:33 pm

The charger costs $10 at retail but probably...$1 on the manufacturing end. Not including it is total bullshit in my opinion. A handheld should come with a charger.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:19 am

I just ended up buying a third party USB charger on amazon for a few bucks. It's quite dumb that it doesn't come with, though.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon May 04, 2015 4:06 pm

If Arkham Knight is going to charge $40 for a season pass, I'm just renting it then waiting for the GOTY edition
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Wed May 06, 2015 12:19 am

Yeah, that's kind of disgusting. I'll buy it at launch, but I'll just skip the DLC. I never got any of it for the other Batman games and didn't feel too left out.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu May 07, 2015 12:46 am

The DLC in the other Batman games was lackluster at best if I remember right (extra challenge rooms/new characters etc)
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu May 07, 2015 1:04 am

Yeah, but this time they have Batgirl and I love Batgirl. Just renting it then waiting for the GOTY edition makes so much more sense to me
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next