The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+13
Motinator
Rainjar
avidacridjam
TripOpt55
TheMatt
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
ajapam
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
pspiddy
KillaAssassin11
BretBaber
17 posters

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 5 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by TheMatt Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:11 am

Yeah, I would say there were framerate issues. I guess that aspect of it never really bothered me, because I could tell the game was just trying to catch up with itself. I can image it must be really difficult to get all of the episodic stuff to work together. Like I said before you can tell the game is constantly pulling information from multiple save files. The game never froze on me or did anything that impacted gameplay. TWD was my Game of the Year in 2012, so clearly I loved it. The Wolf Among Us has potential to be really good... but it really needs to rebound after Episode 2.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:14 am

Double post... but I'm still chugging away on Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer. I'm starting to get really hooked on all the challenges and unlocks. They have a really interesting way of making you try out a handful of weapons before you unlock the next one... or the next cool attachment. I hate games that force you to play a multiplayer game a certain way to unlock everything, but this system encourages you to try new weapons/abilities and they reward you for getting good with them. 50 kills gets you a new gun, use an ability successfully a certain amount of times, etc. Also, this game looks absolutely gorgeous in multiplayer. It really isn't that much of a step down from the campaign, if at all. Only bad thing, is the people online vote for the same 2 maps all the damn time. It drives me crazy!!!
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:33 pm

Started replaying Persona 4. Here goes another 60 or so hours of my life I should be using for something else. Also started playing Zone of the Enders 2. I don't think I've ever played a game that feels so smooth and fluid before, it's delicious. Shame the boss fights are some of the most infuriatingly awful pieces of shit I've ever played.

TheMatt wrote: Only bad thing, is the people online vote for the same 2 maps all the damn time. It drives me crazy!!!

LET'S PLAY RADEC ACADEMY ALL DAY EVERY DAY DESPITE IT BEING ONE OF THE WORST MAPS YAAAAAAAAAAAY.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:16 pm

I finished Tomb Raider on PS4. Felt pretty much the same about it as before, but oh man is it good-looking on PS4. Had an issue with my copy of Ghost of Sparta, but got that settled with Gamefly and I should have a new one here tomorrow and be able to jump back into that. Otherwise not much happening game-wise for me.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:24 am

I've started up Tearaway and Stealth Bastard (which I refuse to call Stealth Inc.) They're both pretty great. Tearaway is impossibly charming and Stealth BASTARD has some really great puzzles.

I also started playing Spelunky again. This game brings nothing but suffering to all who play it and I love it
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:55 am

Been playing a bit of Dustforce. Pretty cool, but I still haven't quite gotten the controls and I don't know what is wrong with me! Also back into Ghost of Sparta which is pretty sweet. I really like the new locations and enemies in this one.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:32 am

Started up MGS3. Want to play the Big Boss games before the new ones come out even though I don't think I"ll be able to beat all 3 before then. OH well.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:48 am

got 22 hours in Lightning Returns so far I REALLY like it. Almost NOTHING about it is anything like the other XIII games. It reminds me so much of Majora's Mask and I love it. Time limit till doomsday, saving souls is kind of like making people happy to get their masks, and the garbs basically take the idea of the masks. FF was the last place i would think would make a game like this, but they did and its amazing

It's also really open too you can basically go and do whatever you want you just have to make sure you do uests since you have to in order to extend the time limit. Though some enemies can be pretty tough if you rush off anywhere, and you cant grind. You only level up from uests and otherwise euipment determines the majority of it.

If anyone else picks it up i'll say while you can go anywhere. Don't do the temple of the goddess till like last. It's boss is an asshole.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:51 am

From the reviews/videos I've seen the battle system seems cool but the quests and story definitely put me off.

I've heard the quests are very MMO like. Comments?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:01 am

Board uests are A LOT like MMO uests. The uests you get from NPCs can be like that, but I found a lot of them to be fairly interesting. A lot of the side stories are actually entertaining. Though among those theres way too many "find the random item hidden in a giant field thats fucking impossible to find. I mean if i had to count theres llike 10 of them but still....eugh.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:53 am

I'll wait until it drops to $20. I still never beat XIII-2 because the majority of that game was a cake walk until the very last boss. IGN gave it a 7 I believe, but they gave the other two games higher scores and from what I see and what you said above it sounds better than those two games. Won't know for sure until I play it. Can you rank them in order of favorites?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:48 pm

It is imo way better than the other two, but its also waaaaaaaaay different. In terms of like everything even story it just feels leagues away from the other two. It basically takes place in a different world too.

FFXIII-2 Spoilers:

I will say this though since you mentioned it Bret. I'm sure you'd enjoy the main uest in the wildlands. It involves finding an injured chocobo and after you get it back to health its yours to ride and joins you in battle.

There's also this

Spoiler:
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:41 pm

I'm at the final boss on Zone Of The Enders 2 but I might just call it quits. I've spent ages trying to kill this fucker but I can't win and it feels completely unfair. It's not a test of skill of how I've progressed and learnt through the game at all. Throwing in some new mechanic then expecting me to be execute the most perfect dodges ever with it multiple times in a row or I lose 1/6 of my health is just absolute bullshit.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:55 pm

I finished up Ghost of Sparta. Huge improvement over Chains of Olympus. Daxter is still my favorite game by Ready at Dawn though!

I started up Ascension too. Almost finished this God of War ride.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:39 am

I'd be so disappointed in you if you did like a GoW game more than Daxter Trip.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:35 pm

That's a good point. I think I'd be disappointed in myself.

Ascension feels a bit phoned in or something. I don't think its bad, it's pretty good. Maybe just a little been there done that for me especially having played them all in such proximity. I have no idea why the changed climbing to some sort of Uncharted-esque crap though. Blech.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:53 pm

It's weird, I liked God of War 1-3 but I played the Ascension demo and wanted NOTHING to do with it.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:27 pm

Why is that? I don't know what area the demo contained but it is hard to imagine it feeling so much different than 3 to elicit that sort of feeling.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:53 pm

I enjoyed Ascension. I don't think it is my favorite, but God of War games are like Metal Gear Solid games to me, they never really disappoint. I think those two franchises are the only franchises I can really say that about.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:57 pm

And Kay, I really do think I'd enjoy the game and having a chocobo sounds great. If I would have beat the second game I probably would have gotten it day 1, but I haven't and I don't feel like jumping around. Another thing is Final Fantasy X is coming out, and I'm going to be putting a lot of time into that and I'll probably start neglecting XIII-3. Man, talk about Final Fantasy overload....a game every month for 3 months with XIII-3, X and X-2, and XIV for PS4 which I"ll probably be getting after my wedding.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:07 am

I don't remember what area specifically. but there was a bit where you were playing in a big building that was moving or falling or...something. And I was playing the demo on a projector, so a huge screen and I still could not really tell where Kratos was on the screen there was so much going on so I kept getting hit just because...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:24 am

Ahhh... that actually makes sense. I know just where you mean. A few times it has zoomed out so far that I could not even keep track of where Kratos was. I know Greenman was complaining about it being overly cinematic and that camera angle I bet was a part of his issue.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:42 am

The camera angle was half the reason I got irritated. The other half being I'd have to go through that stupid cutscene before the camera angle went to hell so many time, always dying because I can't tell what the hell's going on.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:36 pm

Now playing nothing because my PS3 Slim broke.

This gen sure has been amazing. In previous gens I only got to have one of each console like a loser because they'd never break but thankfully this gen Sony and Microsoft made me have to get their console 3 times! Seriously, I've had 5-6 consoles break on me this gen. Can't wait for my Vita to just up and die in 6 months or so then I can go back to my Gameboy which still fucking works to this day, as does my Wii which I've had for years before this. Heck, if I had the cables for it I guarantee my Nintendo 64 would still be perfectly functional as well.

Video games. The hobby where companies sell you unreliable hardware for hundreds and the games company sells you the other half of the product you bought as DLC.

Edit - After some research I'm 90% sure the problem is the disc drive as it still plays downloaded games. I'm buying a new drive for £55 and gonna be getting some console DIY up in this bitch. I'veneverdoneanythinglikethisbeforethisissuchadumbideaohgodwhatamIdoing.

Last edited by Rainjar on Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:33 pm

TxK, the new Vita shooter, is pretty fucking good. If you've ever played Tempest or are aware of how that game controlled, the setup applies here: you shoot oncoming enemies and projectiles from the opposite side of the tube. Only, in this game, the shapes you navigate through aren't limited to tubes and they change after each level. Excellent sound design and music as well. It's still on sale for $7.99 but I'm sure a demo exists.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:20 pm

Rainjar wrote:Seriously, I've had 5-6 consoles break on me this gen.

I've been lucky and haven't really had a break this gen. My original 60 GB PS3 had a problem where some games would have wonky colors, but for the most part the system still works. My Wii still works but it should since I never play it. I had 3 PS2's last gen though, so I guess I was owed one this time around. If my current ps3 died though I'd just buy a newer one with a bigger hard drive since I'm too lazy to figure out how to install a new one. 120 GB doesn't cut it with PS+.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:22 pm

I had an issue with my Wii and 360. Fortunately with both of those, I got a replacement one sent back for free that worked like a champ. Unfortunately the 360 one happened on my birthday when I got Gears 2 and Left 4 Dead as presents, I was so pissed.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:24 pm

Played to the first castle in Super Mario World today. Such a great game.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:31 am

avidacridjam wrote:TxK, the new Vita shooter, is pretty fucking good. If you've ever played Tempest or are aware of how that game controlled, the setup applies here: you shoot oncoming enemies and projectiles from the opposite side of the tube. Only, in this game, the shapes you navigate through aren't limited to tubes and they change after each level. Excellent sound design and music as well. It's still on sale for $7.99 but I'm sure a demo exists.

I was looking at that but I think all the gameplay videos I saw were of people playing the easiest levels with the music turned off. It's good to know it's better than what those people made it look like. It really reminded me of Dyad, too. I loved that game.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next