The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+13
Motinator
Rainjar
avidacridjam
TripOpt55
TheMatt
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
ajapam
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
pspiddy
KillaAssassin11
BretBaber
17 posters

Page 19 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 19 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by Krubixcube Tue May 20, 2014 5:53 am

Yeah, it's a game I beat to completion, and when I buy games for $5 or less I feel NO guilt in not beating them to completion but I did...but I remember very little about it a few years on now so I guess that pretty much confirms what everyone else said. It was decent, it had some cool stuff in it but it wasn't amazing. Also the story was stupid.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue May 20, 2014 8:43 pm

Okay so as expected Drakengard 3 is the best thing. Combats really fun and a lot deeper than the other games, but its still never really goes outside of a deeper version of Dynasty Warriors. but still theres enough there to keep things interesting. All the weapon types are different and fun, and each weapon itself has its own combo strings, and special attacks.

It's got a really good albeit extremely dark and perverted sense of humor. I'm constantly laughing at the cutscenes and even combat dialogue. At one point (during combat) Dito asks Zero for sex which leads into a conversation where they discuss sex with dragons. Mikhail being a dragon with the mind of a five year old has no clue whats going on and its priceless.

Also its really stylistic which i wasnt expecting as much, the blood spray on screen how the combo counter is part of it. Its all really really cool.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed May 21, 2014 3:26 am

I binged on it for like 14 hours and got through ending branch A. Goddammit I love this game so much. it has literally everything i want in a game, over the top violence, sex jokes, and it moves from being dumb as hell to having emotional depth really nicely.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed May 21, 2014 6:29 am

Did anyone pick up Transistor? Curious to see what people think about that one. On the fence about it for now...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri May 23, 2014 9:05 pm

I jumped back into Killzone: Shadow Fall's campaign. The level design is as messy as I remember!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun May 25, 2014 5:53 am

Finished Killzone. It certainly had its moments, but I didn't care much for it (the campaign I mean).

Still working on Layton 4. I don't have the patience for some of these puzzles like I used to... haha. Really just biding my time until I can play Watchdogs!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sun May 25, 2014 6:58 am

Krubixcube wrote:Did anyone pick up Transistor? Curious to see what people think about that one. On the fence about it for now...

Wish my computer could run it ;_;. My mate's been hooked on it, he says it's absolutely brilliant especially the music.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun May 25, 2014 9:11 am

Been playing Shadow of the Colossus on Hard Mode. I've never played hard before and I don't really notice any differences. It certainly doesn't seem more difficult. It just seems like some of the patters are slightly different and the weak points are in different locations. That game still impresses me even though the graphics look like shit (even with the HD remake). I kind of want to make a run at the platinum, but I don't know if I have 4 more playthroughs in me.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 am

Look like shit?! Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Rainjar Sun May 25, 2014 12:04 pm

You can't take nearly as much of a beating on hard mode. Also you need your eyes testing, SotC looks gorgeous, it's just a shame we need to choose between either shitty framerate or texture pop-ins if you're not emulating it. I'd replay it but my work mate has been borrowing it for so many months I've lost count now.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun May 25, 2014 4:23 pm

Graphics and art direction are completely different things. I think it has wonderful art direction, but its graphics are shit. The lighting and motion blur were terrible it gave me the worst motion sickness i ever had in my life.

That said i am heavily biased against this game cause playing it was torture (literally) for me to the point were i even refuse to play the HD version even if that shit was fixed i just couldnt enjoy it.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sun May 25, 2014 5:25 pm

I feel like the colours bleed into eachother way too much in that game sometimes. Otherwise it looks great
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun May 25, 2014 5:29 pm

Saying SotC's graphics are "shit" is completely ridiculous. This feels like one of those internet things where everything is either amazing or awful when there is a lot of room in between. The framerate was obviously a mess at times, but it also did some things graphically that few other PS2 games ever did (the fur shading, self-shadowing, HDR, and motion blur). It was kind of ahead of its time from that standpoint (and part of the reason the performance was so bad at times). Plus the colossi themselves were technical marvels. Saying the graphics are "shit" is probably the most objectively wrong thing someone has said on these forums since "God of War 3's graphics suck." Sorry it's true!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sun May 25, 2014 5:36 pm

Was the God of War graphics debate before or after Neph said CoD has a better campaign than HL2? Because I nominate that for the most objectively wrong claim on this forum
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun May 25, 2014 6:14 pm

I think the CoD>HL2 was back in the Playfire days! But if we are going to start listing things Neph said, SotC graphics being shit will start sounding pretty accurate in comparison!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Sun May 25, 2014 6:31 pm

I've renewed my Gamefly subscription (again) and I got Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction yesterday. So far it's pretty fun. I keep forgetting R&C games were made for the PS3..
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun May 25, 2014 7:07 pm

Wait until you play A Crack In Time, it's amazing.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun May 25, 2014 7:12 pm

I enjoyed CoD4 more than HL2. Not by much but...
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun May 25, 2014 8:05 pm

If a game's graphics make me vomit and end up in bed for the rest of the day i cant really call them anything but shit.

The motion blur was the worst perhaps it was ahead of its time because it was implemented in a way that made me physically ill (this isnt even sarcasm I COULDN'T PLAY IT AT ALL. I tried for 2 hours but i got so sick i just couldnt). I know you guys like this game but i just can't, I can't give any praise to a game that I spent $50-60 and physically can't play.

If a game's gonna almost give me seizures, I'm gonna call its graphics shit no matter how good they look. This shouldn't even happen no other game has ever done this to me.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun May 25, 2014 9:55 pm

I've only played the game once so I can't weigh in too much. But I felt you could just stop moving your character at any given moment, and what was on the screen looked like it could be a painting.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun May 25, 2014 10:38 pm

Damn. I didn't mean to start a big fuss with that. I was just saying that the game doesn't look that great now. What I should have said was in 2014, the graphics are kind of shitty, to me at least. But I'm sure it was great when it came out. The PS3 was already released by the time I played the game for the first time. So I guess its more dated that shitty.

Reading back my comment it does sound like I am hating on the game. I'm really not. I actually tweeted the other day that it deserves a spot in my top 5 of all time. Its one of the few games I go back and play every year.

I don't want this to turn in to a huge argument... so if I said something that pissed you guys off... I'm sorry. So feel free to continue to talk about the game. I'm gonna bow out of this one.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun May 25, 2014 10:44 pm

Don't worry Matt I think my HL2 comment will take all the attention away from you
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun May 25, 2014 11:40 pm

I don't think I'd want SotC on the Vita. The way the game's set up doesn't really lend itself well for shorter stretches of gameplay from a handheld and I prefer the game when the colossi feel huge. Playing that thing with surround sound and on a TV twice the size as my first run made a world of difference.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun May 25, 2014 11:53 pm

And I'm just bitter i was sold a game i couldnt actually play. The set up and everything seemed great, and then i got out into the world hopped on my horse, and ugh.

If they would have taken the time to touch up the lighting and framerate maybe i would have really enjoyed it. Its supposedly better in the HD rerelease but its kind of too little too late
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun May 25, 2014 11:54 pm

Same here, everything on vita as well. I think Ico would be the better Vita game though, I found the controls to be somewhat cumbersome when playing SotC on a dual shock so I think it would be tougher on a Vita. Also, I think I'm one of the few that liked Ico better. I've only played each game once though so maybe that'll change once I replay them again.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Mon May 26, 2014 12:34 am

Just finished SotC on hard mode. I started going down a rabbit hole reading about how Ico and SotC are connected. I love how after all these years theres still a lot of ambiguity and there's so many theories that all sounds plausible. A lot of them suggest that SotC is a prequel to Ico... so I was pretty set on that. But I just watched a 20 minute video of a guy talking about how SotC is actually a sequel.

I wish more games were like this. Too many games beat you over the head with their stories and nothing is left for debate, because we get a zillion sequels of everything and if a game/franchise isn't ended well people freak the f' out. Replaying SotC makes me actually want to see The Last Guardian come out just to see if they connect the three games together any further. But that's not gonna happen!

Also, I played Ico with a friend when it first came out... but I don't remember a damn thing about that game. So maybe I should play that next!
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon May 26, 2014 2:01 am

I'm really close to getting the plat on Drakengard 3, but the "final boss" of the "good" ending is an 8 minute rhythm game with no check points and failing even once send you back to the start. It doesn't even give you decent guidelines and the camera angles are fucking awful. Its a shame too cause this is a really beautiful scene and song to go with it. I guess despite everything the rest of the game did to be amazing they had to throw in a part which better represented the rest of the series.

I found a video with guidelines for it gonna put it on my vita and practice while im out tommorow. I will get this done dammit
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next