The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+8
avidacridjam
pspiddy
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
chocobot
Miraculous Kaydybug
ajapam
12 posters

Page 15 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 15 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by TheMatt Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:09 pm

Just go straight to the second. It's not really a sequel. It's more of a 1.5. Think of it like a Game of the Year version.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:42 pm

That's what I thought. Thanks man
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:08 am

I finished Shadow of Mordor earlier. The combat is great. I think I actually prefer it to Batman's even though it copies a lot of those elements. I also like the stealth implementation a lot. The nemesis system is actually pretty interesting. I wasn't really using it right at first, but it was cool once I got the hang of it. A lot of the game that surrounds this isn't all that interesting. Kind of meh main missions. The first map is so boring. Overall I had fun though.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:16 am

Man, you really blasted through that game. I've been slowly making my way through it since it came out... but I get so sidetracked doing all the extra stuff I never make any progress in the main story line... which I think is kind of 'meh'. The gameplay and the nemesis system is great though.

Did you know that was originally going to be a Batman game and they scrapped it and used the engine for 'Middle Earth'?
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:14 pm

I was well over 40 hours into it before I finished. That's probably due to my playstyle or sense of pace. I at least upgraded everything before the last mission but I still have a lot of hunting and gathering challenges to finish, if I'm so inclined. The DLC hasn't been too promising. I may wait on a sale for those before purchasing.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:39 pm

I've noticed that Trip always tears through a game when he plays them. I could be wrong, but I don't think that I am.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:46 pm

I just don't have the free time to sit and play a game for a long period of time. I'm lucky if I get to sit down for more than an hour. That's mostly by choice, as there is a lot on TV right now that I try to keep up with and I make time to watch my teams play. Maybe I just need to take a week of vacation to do some solid gaming!
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:11 pm

I don't get through games like I used to, which is a real problem because my games just keep stacking up.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:16 pm

Finishing this so fast was a combination of my insomnia and the snow having me at home and awake more than usual. I think it only took me like 12-15 hours though, so not like 40 or anything! I don't think this is normal as Bret suggested, but I have been known to take the day off for the occasional big game release, so it certainly isn't the first time I've done it.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:55 pm

Been on a bit of a Metroid kick, playing Super Metroid and Metroid Prime 2 right now. Both of these games have probably the most complex maps in the game, I'm getting lost all the time. But having a lot of fun. May give Zero Mission another replay too.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:02 pm

Started up the Yeti DLC for Far Cry 4. Gives you a new map to explore. Lots of snow which was surprisingly lacking in the main game. And yetis to fight. Pretty cool so far.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:35 pm

Snow = The Best.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:05 pm

Randomly popped in Shadow of the Colossus HD last night before bed. Fucking awesome game. Best part was my girlfriend was reading and when I got to an colossus fight she looked up and was like, 'are you supposed to kill that thing'. I just smiled. It was the colossus where you have to have him hit his sword on the stone pad and then run up the sword onto his arm. She watched me climb it and take it down and she goes, 'that was cool! Is there more?' So now I'm going to start a new game and show her all of them. I tried to convince her to play it herself, but she struggles with games that require you to use the right stick to control the camera. Anyway, it was really awesome to see her reaction to it. A 10 year old game made her jaw drop. Pretty neat.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:03 am

Playing Shin Megami Tensei IV on my 3DS and I realized... There is absolutely no delay going into combat. Why isn't this standard for all JRPGs? Even the tiniest wait can slow them to a crawl. The first person combat speeds it up a lot, too. I have no complaint about the lack of 3D models in battle. Demon negotiation is hit-and-miss and not as good as it could be imo. Mostly though I'm remembering how much I like the demon fusing concept. I almost forgot about it as I mostly brute-forced my way through P4 on new game + but the idea of building the perfect monster is really enticing. Honestly I don't think I have the patience or foresight to take time to train different ones like in Pokemon. I'm hoping this game gets hard enough to force me to make extensive use of it. It's easier than Strange Journey so far which is kind of disappointing but I'm still in the first dungeon and maybe I'll actually finish the game this way

One thing I don't like is the "pay to revive" thing. Not because it makes the game easier or anything, but because it makes it take so much longer to restart normally. It should've just given you the choice right after you die rather than going through a bunch of dialog first
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:17 pm

Downloaded Ori and the Blind Forrest on Steam. My PC can't really handle it with its max settings so it doesn't look as pretty for me as it does in trailers... but the platforming is so much fun.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:21 pm

I'm jealous. That game looks so awesome!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:27 pm

If I wasn't getting Codename STEAM and Bloodborne I'd pick it up. I'll snag it next month instead
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:30 pm

TripOpt55 wrote:I'm jealous. That game looks so awesome!

You could always snag it on 360. I almost got it on that... but its not set up in my new apartment. I kind of wish I did though, because like I said before it doesn't run that well on my PC.

But man... its a freaking great game. It's totally a Trip game.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:36 pm

I actually never got a new 360 (my old one died), but I think it was delayed until summer on there? Not sure. Anyway, I hope to get an Xbox One this year some time and will get it on there once I do.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:11 pm

Oh, I didn't know the 360 version got delayed. I don't think its a game to get a whole console for. I've been looking at Xbox Ones lately myself. There's a lot of good bundles out there... but I really have no need for it. I wish I knew more about computers, because I'd love to upgrade the one I have. Really all I'd need to do is pop a better video card in there. Not quite sure how to do that though.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:54 pm

TheMatt wrote:I wish I knew more about computers, because I'd love to upgrade the one I have. Really all I'd need to do is pop a better video card in there. Not quite sure how to do that though.

Open up your CD drive and jam it in there. And then shut the CD drive.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:05 pm

Makes me glad I had a friend who could help me out with everything.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:50 pm

I don't like computer gaming because I don't like playing games with a mouse or a keyboard (maybe it is the best set up to play games, it just feels wrong to me since I've been playing games since NES with a controller). That aside though, I'm glad I don't because playing games on a computer seems like a lot of work and money has to go into it if you want to be playing it like it should be played. It's nice to just pop in a game in a PS3 or PS4 and it looks as good as it is going to look (depending on your TV). No fuss, and I like it like that.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:00 am

Yeah, but consoles are making me go through too many hoops nowadays and I like knowing when I buy a game, I'll be able to play it when I upgrade to newer hardware. No buying games for the sake of testing new tech either, they're already there. And all the mods, made Kotor 2 the game it should have been and has crazy things like San Andreas meets Jurassic Park. I wish companies would buy some of these mods and release them as DLC on consoles.

The hoops are there, but after playing so many shooters at 60 FPS, I have a hard time going back to 30. Even something as fun as Halo felt off. And controller support being standard unless it's something like Starcraft is really nice too. Though I am a believer in the keyboard and mouse setup for shooters now.

Sometimes the hassle can be annoying though. Getting Dark Souls to work on there, major pain in the ass. Psychonauts meanwhile, while functional, had so many graphic issues it felt unplayable. That's why I still have my consoles hooked up. But between the deals, settings, mods and (timed) exclusives, I'm very happy I built a PC.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:25 am

Finally got around to beating Super Metroid. I was lukewarm to it at first, but playing it all the way through, it actually did live up to the hype. Not sure if it's my favorite in the series (it's in the running), but it's damn great. Still wish the ending wasn't spoiled to me though. This industry sucks with spoilers. I mean, even Trip knows Aerith dies in FFVII.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:55 am

When I was playing Final Fantasy VII when it came out, a kid in class said "Are you to the part where Aeris dies?" I was not. One of the biggest moments in gaming from what is now my favorite game was ruined for me. Whenever I hear the name "David Vanwingerden" that is what I think of. Prick.

I actually don't know the ending to Super Metroid, unless it is something about Samus being a girl, but I doubt that is it.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:30 am

Weird. I had no issues with Psychonauts whatsoever. I did kind of give up on Dark Souls though for that reason...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:43 am

BretBaber wrote:When I was playing Final Fantasy VII when it came out, a kid in class said "Are you to the part where Aeris dies?"  I was not.  One of the biggest moments in gaming from what is now my favorite game was ruined for me.  Whenever I hear the name "David Vanwingerden" that is what I think of.  Prick.

This is awful and he is a terrible person. The bolded made me laugh though.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:39 pm

The only Metroid game I've beaten is Metroid Prime. I should probably remedy this. I did buy all of the Prime games on the Wii U sale. And I know I own Metroid and Super Metroid on virtual console. Maybe someday.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:42 pm

I should vow to somehow ruin something for him. Something big. It's what George Costanza would do, and I like to live my life as if he was the driver.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next