The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+8
avidacridjam
pspiddy
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
chocobot
Miraculous Kaydybug
ajapam
12 posters

Page 16 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 16 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by volvocrusher Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:14 pm

Super Metroid's a great game to have on the Gamepad with the TV on. No real cutscenes or anything and when you're lost, you can just roam around until you find the answer while Gob does his chicken dance.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:03 am

Played Diablo 3 MP with a nice and much better player than I. He had a wizard and was playing on Torment 3. To take mercy on me, we switched to Torment 1 and I didn't die at all. I also got to go to a Treasure Vault (finally) and picked up around 19 million in gold. Holy shit.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:29 am

started Dragon Ball Xenoverse and its really cool. Plays a lot like the Tenkaichi games but with smoother controls. The premise is kind of neat too. Distortions in time make the villians stronger, etc so Trunks wishes for your character to help fix them so the story can go back to canon. Its more interesting than just redoing the story for the 100,000th time
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:20 am

Haha, I had a dude who spoiled almost all of MGS2 for me as well. Asshole. Forget his name though.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:28 pm

I started up Abe's Oddysee. I had this on the PS1 but don't remember getting too far. It is definitely pretty tough. Kind of feels like 2D Prince of Persia (controls, jumping, and level layout remind me of it) meets something like Stealth, Inc. (maybe not a good comparison trying to think of a 2D stealth/puzzle game and it is all that is coming to mind). Pretty cool game if a little frustrating at times.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:01 am

Picked up the SM3DW Wii-U bundle with Tropical Freeze and Super Mario Galaxy. Really impressed by how it looks on my TV. I've played a lot of 3D World at a friend's house and always thought it looked nice, but that was on a standard def projector and seeing it in 1080p is so much better. Only a couple of levels into Donkey Kong and... yep it's donkey kong. So that's good.

Also got Earthbound with the club nintendo points I earned. Probably won't get to that til the summer, though.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:19 am

Final Fantasy Typo's story seems confusing it goes from bloody chocobos and horrible painful death to pools of blood everywhere, to FUCKING PERSONA 4, kupo.

Combat however is wonderful think FFXIII, but it requires things like reflexes, and actual skill also its pretty damn hard

and i know Bret would like that getting from mission to mission is done via an old school world map with random encounters
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:23 am

I only got a to play for a little bit yesterday, but seems really good. I did die in a boss battle, which is something that hasn't happened in a Final Fantasy game this early in a long time. I have the next two days off so I hope to put in a lot of game time.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:49 pm

Started replaying Jak X. I love all the different race types in here.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:25 am

i died on the first boss a lot myself you kind of have to learn that you have to evade manually lol

Also dont worry about dying so much you keep any exp you get though you lose the items.

The easiest way to get through toughspots is to wait for the lock on cursor to turn red (yellow with bosses/leaders) it will either deal massive damage or kill them outright
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:33 am

I'm enjoying Final Fantasy Type-0 very much. Other than the world map and fun combat, one thing that is a welcomed return is the music. If someone was to play a bunch of random songs minus the battle song from XIII I wouldn't be able to pick out a track, but the music so far in this game seems top class and feels like classic Final Fantasy music.

Graphics are pretty ugly though, and the camera is wonky and too fast. It really feels like this game should have been ported to the Vita, would have been a perfect fit there.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:10 pm

it feels a lot more like a final fantasy game than XIII did despite the fact that its pretty much an action RPG

I agree porting it to vita would have been better but PS4/XBone will mostly likely get a ton more sales, especially in the states
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:31 pm

Yeah, I can see why they did it for sales, not really sure why they didn't also put it out for PS3 and 360 since it would just sell there (maybe even more) as well. Just would have been the perfect fit for the Vita, and the uglier graphics would look better on the smaller screen. At times the game looks like a PSP game, and at other times looks like a pretty decent PS3 game. Weird.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:33 am

not everything was remastered the same. Like the main characters and backgrounds all got an upgrade most NPCs did not. Also the CGI cutscenes seem to be untouched. Which is weird.

its an amazing game though. I still have issues with how it flip flops the tone all over the place its kind of like if Persona 4's TV world was like Digital Devil Saga and everything else was the same, and the camera hurts my eyes.

It's mostly goofy and upbeat at Akademia, but when you go on missions its all bloody and dark. Not that i mind either its just kind of jarring. I realize Persona 3 and 4 do this but they just do it better
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:01 pm

Just running around and level grinding is awesome. Hopefully this means a return to form from one of my favorite game developers, and my favorite series. Still haven't tried the Final Fantasy XV demo yet though. Not a big fan of demos, because when you actually buy the game and get to that part you just want to skip it and move on.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:23 pm

Gamefly is sending me The Order. Didn't expect that (usually if I don't get a new game at release, I won't until a long while later). Looking forward to checking it out.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:38 pm

Got back into the Advanced Warfare campaign. I picked it up near release and played half of it but just got away from it. I think i'm about 75% of my way through it and I'm having a blast with it. It's just a big, dumb action movie. All the futuristic exo suit stuff makes the gameplay feel fresh too. Took a break to watch some basketball, but I'm hoping to finish it up sometimes this weekend.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:10 am

Been playing Codename STEAM and replaying Link Between Worlds on hard mode. STEAM is interesting. Has some things I really don't like, but I'm having a lot of fun with it and am not getting annoyed like normally do with a lot of SRPG tropes.

LBW meanwhile is so much better on this mode. All that stuff I normally just brush off in a Zelda game I want to find more than ever because of how easy it is to die. I need all the heart containers, item upgrades, and sword materials I can find just to make surviving easier. And it makes exploring a blast. This is probably going to shoot up to top 3 Zeldas after this, maybe even number two.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:39 am

Beat Tropical Freeze. Generally pretty good. The bosses were neat with how they provided little shortcuts to beat them if you're good enough. I think my favorite level though was the one with all the moving ice blocks, balancing platforms, and electricity. That was awesome. Didn't top DKC2 but I can definitely see myself going back for the collectables and bonus levels moreso than in the first Returns game. It was also cool to hear remixes of some of the old music in the soundtrack, and the new music is great too. I prefer the atmosphere of the old games but there's a lot of good fun tunes in this one that fit well with it's style.

I did think the mine cart and rocket barrel levels got a bit too busy at times, though. And Cranky Kong's usefulness was quite limited. Only picked him twice
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:01 pm

Started playing Sly 1 on the Vita. This series is so charming. I always shake my head that Sucker Punch went from making these funny, charming characters to the ones in Infamous, such a generally terrible cast of characters.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:07 pm

Sly 1 is greater than 2 and 3. I still believe that. Hopefully when you replay them you join my side.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:19 pm

Well I have always thought Sly 1 was better than 3, so halfway there I guess! I doubt my mind will change otherwise though. I've played the original trilogy enough to have my mind made up on them.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:55 pm

I hate those hub worlds. It makes getting to each new mission a real chore, and a pain in the ass to figure out how to get there sometimes. Not sure where it was, but there was vines everywhere and trees, there were times I couldn't figure out how to get to my mission points. The first one was just such a simple and fun game. Haven't played 3 again because for some reason they didn't want to put that on the card, so instead I have to clear out 3 GB's on my Vita. Asses. Just put it on another card.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:55 am

Yeah, I'd agree with Trip on the order. Sly 1 felt mostly like another platformer with bad minigames. The stealth helped it stand out a little, but not that much. I think 2's structure helped it really stand out while the hub worlds made for better stealth and were well designed enough to keep the platforming fun. It helps that I'm a huge fan of Ocean's 11 style heists and Sly 2 felt like if Dreamworks made it at the top of their game. Plus, I love going out and getting every bottle to get to know an area before I start the missions, it's one of the few cases I have a lot of fun collecting.

3 meanwhile feels like a bunch of minigames with some platforming thrown in. On the plus side though at least Bentley's more fun to control.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:57 am

I'm with bret. I like the idea of Sly 2 but the hub worlds turned into a bit of a grind for me. 1 was my favorite because it was just simple and fun. Plus Sly was always the best playable character anyway. Though I did still platinum both 1 and 2 in one go and not just because it was easy.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:34 pm

I really love the hubworlds, so those aren't a problem for me. I think they do have some issues, but 1 isn't without its own issues. I feel like I've explained this all in detail before. Not sure anyone wants to hear me run that all down again. I really do like them all a lot except 3 which I still enjoyed, but was disappointing.

I do wonder if having played 4 I will feel differently going through 2 again. 4's hubworlds were bigger, more dense and generally more interesting with more things to do than 2/3's. So I'm curious if I will think less of them now. Same goes for mission design I guess. Not sure how much of the series I will be replaying. I'm renting 1/2 on Vita, so at least those. I'd like to replay 4 if I get the chance because having only played it once all the way through, maybe I won't feel as strongly as I did the first time. 4 is my favorite of the bunch at the moment.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:47 am

1, 4, 3, 2. That's my order.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:05 am

I have a hard time picking between 2 and 4. They're both so great
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:28 am

Started up The Order which is pretty much what you'd expect. It is kind of fun when it just let's you play for a bit, but it just takes control out of your hands way too often.

Also started Life is Strange Episode 2 which I'm enjoying quite a bit.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:10 am

I have never played a Sly Game. I felt I missed out on most of the PS2-era platformers...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next