The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+8
avidacridjam
pspiddy
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
chocobot
Miraculous Kaydybug
ajapam
12 posters

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 24 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:54 am

Yeah using a tablet with the companion app thing would certainly fill in some of the blanks I was missing. I was just too lazy to bother. Don't like fiddling with another device while gaming, but that should help.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:11 am

I've been playing DanganRonpa and i absolutely love it. I thought at first i might not be able to get over its gameplay but its actually pretty fun. The trials are really intense.

It's kind of like if you combined Persona with Ace Attorney and gave it a horror movie like plot. I know we have AA fans here and i'd really recommend this to them. I should also play AA as well.

The story is really emotionally draining though each case is its own tragedy (couple that with the fact that the other half of the game is persona style s.links with all the characters that could become victims or murderers at any time), the end of the first two cases had me crying my eyes out
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:16 am

Played a couple hours of Sunset Overdrive today. It is like a mash-up of Tony Hawk, Ratchet & Clank, Infamous and Saints Row which is apparently a pretty dope combination.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:36 am

I stumbled upon Jim Sterling's review of Undertale today and ended up buying it. It's awesome. It's basically a puzzle/RPG with some bullet hell gameplay in the combat. I haven't played much Earthbound but from what I understand it's a lot like that tone-wise. It's a lot more about story and making choices than in-depth game mechanics so far but I wouldn't let that turn you off. Soundtrack is great, too
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:10 am

Beat Prince of Persia Warrior Within today. Saving most my thoughts for the podcast but platforming is near perfect, combat is horrible, music is hilariously bad at first and wears its welcome soon, exploration based world doesn't really work for a variety of reasons.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:51 pm

The creator of The Stanley Parable came out with a new game called The Beginner's Guide. After about 20 minutes I can tell it'll be very controversial. If you aren't interested in experimental games at all I can't recommend it.

So far I'm enjoying it. It's very personal which is refreshing in a game. Not sure how much of the narration is really needed yet, though. If nothing else, it's an interesting thought experiment. I'll have to give it some time to really form a good opinion on it
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:46 am

I started Metal Gear Rising. It's needlessly violent to the point where I almost don't want to play it, the camera is aannoying, and the soundtrack was vastly overhyped. I do enjoy the gameplay when the camera doesn't get in the way, though
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:22 pm

Other than God of War, I just have much of an interest in that style of games, but someday I do want to play it because it's Metal Gear.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:52 pm

I finished Sunset Overdrive's story. I am going to go back and try and get the few weapons I am missing and do some more of the side content. I was impressed with how they added a challenging element to traversal in a sandbox world like this one which is usual lacking. The weapons as expected are really creative and fun. Just like Ratchet I love to throw out deployable weapons like acid sprinklers to work on enemies while blasting away at them with fireworks shooters and things like that. The style the game utilizes and its sense of humor are really unique. Super fun game. Having a blast with it.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:10 pm

I'm not much of a fan of the throwable weapons in Ratchet, unless you count Agents of Doom, Mr. Zurkon, or the turrets. Bombs and things like that I don't like to use, but they're powerful so I use them any ways.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:35 pm

I didn't even bring up bomb-like weapons? The acid Sprinklers are like turrets. I was talking specifically about things like that and Zurkon (or like this game's helicopter guns) that work on their own while you can use other weapons.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:50 pm

I'd consider the bomb weapons throwable. I can't recall what they're called though, they're usually one of the two guns you start with. There's also that one that you throw and it is a mine. I use 'em to level them up, but I usually hate leveling up those ones.

Hopefully the guns from Sunset Overdrive say witty things like Mr. Zurkon.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:08 am

Downloaded the Star Wars Battlefront beta. It feels really good and brings over some features from the old games pretty well. But I'm worried because the beta doesn't have the classic command point mode. Maybe they just left it out of the beta because it's too similar to Battlefield, but the modes they do have aren't great. One is too arena-y for Battlefront and the other is horribly skewed to the empire. Plus you're always at risk of dying and the only way to turn the tide is by being a good shot. I liked gathering a squad of soldiers and flanking command points to turn the tide and disrupt reinforcements.

I think Supremacy is the mode that's meant to replace that but apparently you have to capture point in a certain order so bleh. Good thing Battlefront 3 game out years ago as Warhawk and it was glorious.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:09 am

I watched some people streaming it, I kind of wish they'd remove the ability to be Jedi and Sith. Maybe they've improved it over Battlefront 2 though and it is better suited in this game.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:19 am

Playing Drake's Fortune via the remaster. About halfway through. The game looks excellent for an 8-year old title. They did a good job with the remaster. For those that haven't been keeping up on it, they have basically used Uncharted 2's aiming across all three games which means better aiming in 1 and 3 plus a dedicated grenade button in 1 which is nice. 60 fps is also fantastic. That plus the clearer graphics make pulling off headshots easier than ever. Anyway, as expected having a blast with this so far!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:36 pm

I finished Episode 5 of Life is Strange last night. I sort of have mixed feelings on it. There was definitely some cool stuff, but perhaps some missed opportunities too. I don't want to say too much since I know a bunch of people on here have been playing it. Overall the game was a great experience though. Anyway, let me know when you guys finish it so we can make a thread and discuss it.

I also started Yoshi's Woolly World which is really fun so far. I love artstyles like this. So cute. You can unlock all of these different Yoshis. Like I didn't know I wanted a cow-colored Yoshi before now, but I really did. I am only in the first world so far, so pretty simple stuff so far. I love Yoshi gameplay as far as exploration based platforming goes though. Looking forward to playing more.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:27 am

Aiming to play and finish that this weekend Smile

Also Trip, do you feel the Uncharted remaster is worth full price now that you're playing it? Or would you wait in retrospect?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:43 am

The only problem I could see with waiting is that you might wait a really long time. The Last of Us is still $50 most places, and that's been out for a year a believe.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:22 pm

Well I didn't want to wait, so paid the price. I don't regret that. It is a well-done remaster of the campaigns. I think $40 would be a better price given the age of the titles though personally. As Bret says, I don't know the waiting time for that either.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:22 am

Finished up Life is Strange. I really liked it actually! Definitely my game of the year, by far, which is kind of shocking because normally I'm pretty hit and miss on adventure games like that.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:55 pm

Started up Halo 5. Now a squad based shooter which I don't think I like. Makes the game too easy if it's not on Legendary and hearing Master Chief talk this much just feels wrong. Also doesn't seem like they're doing anything different with the two playable characters so far (only in the 2nd mission) which if so is disappointing. Also has cutscenes with too much going on, makes me wish I was doing the fighting instead of watching these stylized fights.

Enjoying it either way, still Halo albeit with a few too many corridors so far. Warzone meanwhile is ridiculously fun. It's a 12v12 that also has PvE so it's like hoard mode and base capture at the same time in a giant map. Just a huge chaotic blast
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:19 pm

I ended up renting WWE 2K16 because my brother wanted to try it (it dawned on me last night that this is the first time he has used my PS4 for anything but Netflix). I haven't played a wrestling game in years. I really had no idea what I was doing. Some of the systems they have for things are a bit much in my opinion. Still it was fun to play a wrestling game again. He seems to be enjoying the career mode (I just played a couple random matches).

Otherwise I am still working on Yoshi which is great fun and cleaning up the trophies for Uncharted 3 on the remaster.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:40 pm

Still playing through Dying Light. Love it, especially that my abilities have increased and that combat is easier.

I decided to give Persona 4 Golden another try on the Vita. I didn't know previously that the first hour or so was setup, which is probably what scared me off. I'm a good 10 hours in and I'm getting more attached to these characters. Grinding is fun as well.

Gamefly sent me Witcher: Wild Hunt so I'll get to see what all the hubbub's about.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:07 pm

I need to try Persona 4 again. Liked the characters, didn't like the actual combat of the game. I'd like to be one of the people that like it so I"ll try again sometime soon.

Does WWE have Bret Hart in it? I used to love wrestling around 10-12, and that was when the excellence of execution was the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. Used to always get wrestling games for my SNES. I kind of want a wrestling game again, even though I don't watch it anymore.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:15 am

I think he has to be unlocked, but he is in there. Other than catching some wrestling this past summer because my brother was watching, I have been out of the loop for about a decade, so I am glad they have a lot of classic wrestlers in there.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:35 pm

Beat Until Dawn, was thoroughly unimpressed. Well, not with everything. It LOOKED great, the story didn't have huge gaping plot holes in it (though it wasn't all that interesting either) but man, those choices were kind of arbitrary, and silly and the clues didn't really mean much.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:55 am

Are the WWE controls at all similar to what they were ten years ago? I'm curious as to whether or not I'd have any idea what's going on now.

That's basically the reason I like picking up NHL games every now and again. It sucks when you get to the point that you can't play competitively anymore
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:23 pm

I honestly don't think I've put time into a wrestling game since the N64/PS1 days... haha. So I have no clue!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:58 pm

Finished Yoshi's Woolly World. What a wonderful game. The yarn aesthetic is so cute and makes for a consistently great looking game. And this is some damn fine exploration-based platforming. Really impressed with all the mechanics/level design ideas they are introducing. I am going to go back to try to unlock some of the secret levels and more of the different Yoshis. Definitely the best Yoshi game since Yoshi's Island.

After finishing that up I decided I'd try and see if I could get something else done this week before Tomb Raider comes out. So I went back to Game of Thrones. As I have mentioned before, I get all nervous about making decisions in games. It stresses me out. So I can only usually do a bit at a time, but I said fuck it and played the rest of Episode 4. Going to grab Episode 5 this week and I'll be ready for the final one when that comes out. I don't really remember everything that was going on to be honest, so I was kind of winging it... haha. Made some good decisions and some bad ones, but I figure that is kind of how these games go.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:59 pm

I tried to play the 20th anniversary of Another World. I'm not sure why there's a 20th anniversary of a game this bad. Or any anniversary edition. Visually, it's great for such an old game. Apart from that it's horrid. Pretty much anything that can go wrong went wrong with this game. I can't remember the last time I played a game this bad.

Prince of Persia came out earlier with similar controls and that's still fun, so it's not just the age of it.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next