The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Chat Thread

+14
Motinator
TheMatt
chocobot
avidacridjam
SanAndreasX
Miraculous Kaydybug
Rainjar
ajapam
lenny.b
TripOpt55
volvocrusher
BretBaber
pspiddy
Krubixcube
18 posters

Page 15 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next

Go down

Chat Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Chat Thread

Post by BretBaber Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:06 am

volvocrusher wrote:Of course I am. It's the only phone with Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on it.

I'm not big on gaming on phones, but if I ever see it cheap maybe I'll buy it and try it out sometime.  I find games to be fun on phones, but I'd rather play games on my vita if I'm doing portable gaming. Have you ever tried Star Wars: Tiny Death Star? The only game I ever keep coming back to is Tiny Towers by the same developers, so I'm thinking it would be fun.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:09 am

I'd love nothing more than to have that game ported to Vita. Seriously, I'd say it's better than 3DS without question if the game got put there, and coming from me that's a big deal. But I make do with what I have and I'm more than happy to have my favorite game in my pocket no matter where I go.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:21 am

I was pumped when FF7 was finally playable on the PSP, so I definitely know your joy. Although I like Star Wars, I don't think it's a game I'd like but at the right price I'd be willing to try it.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:25 am

If there's one Bioware game I could see you liking it's Kotor. I know you didn't like Dragon Age's combat, but Kotor's console interface is so much better. You can even set it up so it pauses every turn like a turn based RPG. And it has so much love for the original trilogy, from the small jokes and references to having some crazy secrets from the Sith, Wookies, and Sand People, it's so great.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:30 am

I'm going to try Dragon Age again at some point, but getting 8 GB free storage is never easy for me on my PS3. I loved the story and setting, but just couldn't get into the combat or figure it out for that matter.

I do love those wookies and sand people, and the closer it gets to turn based the better for my personal preferences. I just looked and it is $9.99. If I ever see it drop to $5 I might buy it. Normally my iTunes cash is for songs by my favorite bands only available on iTunes, but I could make an exception.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:34 am

I completely understand not liking Dragon Age's combat on consoles, it's interface is ass. I have a much harder time playing games on PC, but with DA it was the opposite, the PC interface is so much better. 3 looks better in that regard though, seems like a blend of hack and slash with WRPG strategy planning, hope it can give the best of both worlds. At the very least it looks to work well on a controller
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:46 am

When I bought it I thought from all of the videos it was something like a hack and slash similar to Champions of Norrath (why they haven't made a sequel to that game is beyond me) and was super pumped for it. Instead it was what it turned out to be and it saddened me a lot. If I would have played it not thinking it would have been Champions of Norrath I might have felt differently about it.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:42 am

Whoawhoawhoa ajapam...back up. There's a story to be told there.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by ajapam Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:06 pm

Krubixcube wrote:Whoawhoawhoa ajapam...back up. There's a story to be told there.

Haha, not really. She was a friend of friend. Everyone was pretty drunk but me. I was actually kind of offended, to be honest. I think she assumed I was dying for sex just because I'm quiet

@spiddy That's what Hideki Kamiya's twitter is for
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:29 am

I feel like the Japanese don't want to express their own opinions on the game so they kind of "take the company line" as it were. They just express exactly what they did (as in "I worked on x, y and z" EXACTLY) as opposed to what they were trying to achieve, if that makes sense. But I too find Japanese game interviews extremely mundane, even with a knowledge of the culture.

There is most definitely an almost ungodly need NOT to express one's own creative opinion which, I think as artistic people (perhaps you moreso than me) might strike a rather odd chord. The interview's about FFIX are almost infuriating in that regard.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:23 am

Posted this on facebook but since most of you aren't on the ol' book of faces I felt it was worth relating here as well:

I get about two hours of sleep last night and go into school after a very serious debate about calling in sick. I get in and am trying to wake myself up when the vice principal approaches my desk. "Have you heard about 2nd period?" he asks. "no, I reply." "Well," he goes on, "your normal English teacher is absent so you have to teach class three one today on your own."

"Well, that's fi-" I start to reply.

"Also," he interjects, "the handicapped girl who comes to that class is in today. And it's her last day, so there'll be some mothers watching and her carers. You need to give her 2 minutes at the end of the class to make a speech."

"I guess I-"

"Oh, and Akiyama-sensei will be there. But she wont be helping you. She will be hands-off. No touch."

Indeed, unsure of why (outside of the legal constraints) they'd even send a teacher to be there at all I just sat there puzzled. In fact, she walked into the room when class finally did start and said in response to the kids asking her if she was there to sub in for the missing teacher "nope, kids, I'm not helping I'm going to read my book". Not entirely sure what to make of that, but mostly I'm still puzzling over what a "no touch" lesson is.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:45 am

Or affirm that I AM as terrible as I think I am...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:11 pm

The most recent ones Japanese game dev interviews I've been reading lately (In the back of the Dark Souls and Persona 3/4 artbooks) have been really great, although these are probably an exception to the rule as I don't read Japanese game dev interviews as I should.

Seriously, the interview in the back of the Persona 3 artbook along made the purchase worth while.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:16 pm

The ones surrounding Final Fantasy IX...considering there were so many interesting artistic choices and gameplay choices etc, will drive you up a wall. They are awful and uninformative.

"WE MADE A GAME THAT WAS DIFFERENT THAN FINAL FANTASY VIII BECAUSE VIII WAS THE GAME BEFORE IX AND SO IT WAS NECESSARY TO DIFFERENTIATE IT FROM THAT." - Final Fantasy IX devbot.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:09 am

I somehow get the image your neighbor is like the jock in a high school movie. Or Nelson from the Simpsons. "HA HA...NERD!"
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:56 pm

It really busts my chops that Atlanta is in a state of emergency for 2 inches of snow and in Michigan it never stops snowing. Ever.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Phillip Seymour-Hoffman died. That is about the last piece of news I was expecting this morning...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:18 pm

BretBaber wrote:It really busts my chops that Atlanta is in a state of emergency for 2 inches of snow and in Michigan it never stops snowing.  Ever.

You'd hate the UK. If there's even the slightest, SLIGHTEST bit of snow everyone loses their shit and everything gets shut down. It's pathetic.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:00 pm

Ha, your last sentence reminds me of what I said upon discovering the Atlanta situation.  My response was "Pathetic losers."  Apparently on Tuesday we're getting 10-14 inches of snow.  I'll have to take a picture of all the snow that we've already accumulated.

RIP Dusty from Twister
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:42 am

I have a really shitty driveway. It's about 20 to 25 yards up a hill, and when it is blowing it really drifts. To be honest, I don't know how my back is still working from all of the shoveling I've had to do this winter.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:20 am

Had my last day of school today...IT WAS EMOTIONAL! Well, not really but it was nice. Had lots of students milling about after school to say goodbye to me which was very sweet of them. The contract is stupid and ends early (they don't finish school til March) so I think they didn't quite believe I was actually just up and leaving so it was nice explaining it wasn't because I hated them all.

But i got class pictures and little message books from my graduating students and I'll probably be able to go to the graduation as well so all is well. I was SO tempted to be like "PLEASE TAKE PRIVATE LESSONS WITH ME AWESOME CHILDREN!" but I think that's somewhat frowned upon. It's a shame though because I really would want to continue teaching some of those kids.

Now...to do shitty work for the rest of my contract time. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:13 am

i spent 5 dollars and a couple of hours editing this so you all should watch it

Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:31 pm

ha ha, I typically work during the worst times too.  On an average day I go in from 10-7 and those are always the busy times, plus I work on the weekends.  Old people are the worst because they know nothing, but I'm also very annoyed by the amount of people that come in with their kids on snow days because they can't tolerate being home with their children.

The thing that always bothers me the most is how the majority of customers think I should have to do everything for them (the main example is putting minutes on their prepaid phones or activating prepaid phones).  Then we will always get calls on the phone about how they can't hook up their sound bars or VCR players like I'm sitting there looking at their set up. And they're are just stupid. A co-worker saw a customer trying to put a quarter into the SD slot of a photo machine. These are things I couldn't even dream to make up.  

Here's a true story that happened a long time ago, I was putting away returns at night and there was a stray cart.  A customer was near and I asked if it was his and he said no.  I then looked into the cart and saw tampons and said "Well I guess you  wouldn't need these so that was dumb of me to ask."  Apparently he went and complained about me because it was his cart and they were for his wife and I was lucky he didn't knock me the fuck out.  Seems pretty absurd since I did ask him if it was his cart before making the comment even though he did say it wasn't his.  People are the worst.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next