The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Chat Thread

+14
Motinator
TheMatt
chocobot
avidacridjam
SanAndreasX
Miraculous Kaydybug
Rainjar
ajapam
lenny.b
TripOpt55
volvocrusher
BretBaber
pspiddy
Krubixcube
18 posters

Page 9 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 34  Next

Go down

Chat Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Chat Thread

Post by Rainjar Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:24 pm

A Darth Vader mug with some chocolate coins inside. I left it until the very last day because I had no idea what to buy. It's not quite as silly as I'd have liked but he seemed to like it, although at the meal he announced that next time everyone should know the presents need to be the most pointless shit ever.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by lenny.b Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:53 pm

Okay, so there's this whole "debate" (if you'd call it that) regarding console gamers vs PC gamers, and I can't help but mention something funny that I noticed today on Twitch. So as I mentioned in the Twitch thread, there's a Twitch giveaway going on for anyone that streams a minimum of 1 hour of gaming of Killzone: Shadow Fall for the PS4. This renowned(?) PC gamer that goes by the name cobaltstreak is playing and one of his comments was that "on the PC he'd get a ton of headshots", however, on the PS4 he was continuously dying/running away/missing his targets, etc... while playing.

He was only on normal difficulty and relied heavily on his NPC comrades for help and "Al". The last stretch on this stage was to clear some enemies and enter the dropship. He (more like his NPCs) finally cleared the areas of enough hostiles that the dropship became available. He then bolted for the dropship and although it said "press [button] to enter" he was trying to jump in and got gunned down. My question: Is Killzone really as difficult as he made it out to be? Or did he just really suck at console gaming? Oh, the difference a controller can do... Smile
lenny.b
lenny.b
Asks for the "Guile" at the Barbershop

http://lbenologa.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by lenny.b Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:33 pm

There's always the discrepancy about mouse use vs. controller use, and the hyper-sensitivity of the mouse allowing for quick 180/360 degree movement and accuracy; as opposed to the controller/thumbs' accuracy when it comes to the manipulation of the analog stick. I'd definitely enjoy seeing a team deathmatch of some sort of a group of console gamers and pc users, unfortunately those two planes haven't crossed yet. :\

P.S. I cringe at your mom's first operating system since XP being Windows 8... I chose Windows 7 over 8 when building my PC, and I'm glad that I did.
lenny.b
lenny.b

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:32 pm

Anyone on here have instagram? If so and you want to share pics add me, the name is bretbaber on there, shouldn't be hard to find since it is the same as on here.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:17 am

Instagram is Twitter for illiterates.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:22 am

I'm following you now on Instagram, Bret.

avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:38 am

Sweet, I'll follow you right back.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:34 pm

I have a few friends that mostly game on PC, and they aren't very good at a lot of console shooters. But they aren't "fail miserably on normal" bad. Just "struggle against console players" bad.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:19 pm

TheMatt wrote:Instagram is Twitter for illiterates.
I watch a couple CBS shows On Demand and they always have the same commercials. So I think I've seen Kat Dennings make this joke in a 2 Broke Girls commercial like a thousand times. It's kind of burned into my brain.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:20 pm

Yeah, I know its a bad joke... actually the first time I heard it was Whitney Cummings when she had that terrible talk show that was on after The Soup. I heard it for a promo for it and actually thought it was pretty funny. I don't actually have anything against Instagram. I just don't use it. No one wants to see my selfies.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:54 am

I'd actually like to spice up my instagram with pictures that I care about seeing. So if you guys were to make an account, feel free to add me. I've tried to use twitter to better communicate with people on here, but I just hate it. Like a trooper I'll still use it, but the hate will still be there. Trip Facebook added me like a champ!
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by lenny.b Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:14 pm

So I sold my first item on my Etsy account and it was a canvas/acrylic painting of Cactuar/Moogle so I figure that I'll start selling video-game related artwork. If people have suggestions on the type of fanart I should draw - please feel free to send me your ideas. I know I want to do a Ratchet & Clank piece, as well as a Jak and Daxter piece.

I'm also gonna do a cross-over of Star Wars with R&C/J&D. I also have a few other pieces that I'm still working on so it's just a matter of time before I get those done and ready.

Anyway, suggestions would be highly appreciated! Very Happy
lenny.b
lenny.b

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:43 pm

Hey Bret, is there a way you could set up your instagram to automatically share to twitter?
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:04 am

I don't know about automatically sharing, but once you upload a picture it asks if you want to share with Facebook or twitter, and you just have to click the icons to share them as it gets uploaded to instagram. I do it with Facebook but never have with Twitter.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:03 pm

So in Michigan we've been getting a lot of freezing rain. Probably about 2-3 days worth. Today it took its final toll, and power all over my area of the state started going down. Luckily I got to shower before work today, but after we went to work power went out. Fortunately for now it is back on and hopefully it stays this way. I saw some crazy shit on the way to work today, almost looked as if the world was ending. On the way to work it was still dark out since it was roughly around 6:40 AM, and at first it looked like it was lightning out because the sky would flash yellow. Then, it the whole sky flashed completely blue. My first thought was "What the hell is that, an alien ship?" Apparently that's what happens when transformers blow. Needless to say, it was creepy. Trees were down everywhere (water would freeze on them, and the weight would force them to crack), as were power lines. Shortly after my blue light fright, we came upon red lights looming over a hill (my girlfriend was with me as well in the car), when we got closer we came upon downed power lines that started catching shit on fire.

Bored shitless, my girlfriend and myself were just laying under our covers in our pitch black house watching Buffy when she looked over at the clock and realized it was blinking. We got up and realized the power was back on, and went down to see the temperature had risen from 62 degrees to 69 in the house. Hopefully it stays back on, because the last time we lost power I got so excited we turned everything back on and it went out 15 minutes later.

So hopefully we continue to get the gift of power, because DTE (our energy supplier) was estimating Christmas day for many places to be returned with power. So let's hope! Freezing rain is beautiful, but it sure sucks ass!
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:09 pm

Yikes, stay warm pspiddy! We have shitty windows so it gets rather cold in our house even with heat on. So far we still have power. My girlfriend's mom lives about a half mile from us as well as her sister (the three of us kind of form a triangle), and both of them still don't have power. In our subdivision it kind of looks like just us having the power. Hopefully it stays this way, I just have one more work day to get through (thank the lord and/or Buffy) before I have two days off.

For some reason I always pictured you living in Texas. What state do you live in again?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by KillaAssassin11 Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:02 am

Thats funny. You are trying to get back to Houston and Im trying to get out of here. I want to move back to California within the next few years if things go according to plan hopefully.
KillaAssassin11
KillaAssassin11

http://www.unknownconnection.com

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:07 am

Hopefully by then I'll be out of the house and we can get a place together.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by KillaAssassin11 Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:02 pm

volvocrusher wrote:Hopefully by then I'll be out of the house and we can get a place together.

Id be down for that. Hopefully we can make it happen someday.
KillaAssassin11
KillaAssassin11

http://www.unknownconnection.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:11 pm

Got an interview at the Walmart at 2pm on friday. God it took them like a month and a half to get to my application
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:27 pm

Hey, Spiddy, are you still in Tulsa? I'm in Norman.

To be honest, though, I'm ready to move back to Arizona myself. Or hit the California coast.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:26 am

pspiddy wrote:My brother lives in Norman. Well, all of his side of the family lives there. He's my step-brother but we grew up together so we're really more like blood. And yeah I still live in Tulsa. Right between TU and downtown. It's decent enough, I suppose. No, no that's wrong. It's affordable and the museums and local music are decent. Anyways, hope you're doing all right with this craptastic weather. Although I'd prefer you guys keep it instead of sending it our way Razz

@Kay: Good luck with the interview. It probably took so long because of the seasonal jobs.

Norman's all right, as far as this state goes. It's a college town, and it isn't all yuppified and suburbanized like Edmond or Broken Arrow are. As far as the weather. the ice collapsed a lot of trees. When I got home from work on Saturday, a cedar tree was obstructing my driveway, so in the interest of getting my car home, I was a lumberjack and that's okay (ha ha). I guess I should be lucky the ice didn't kill the power lines.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:18 am

pspiddy wrote:I haven't had anything fall this year that required more than a machete or hand saw. I'm kind of jealous if you got to bust out a chainsaw! Although taking a 12" diameter limb out with a machete is quite satisfying when you don't throw your shoulder out Very Happy

If I ever decide to get Rockets Vs Thunder tickets I'll holler. And if it's playoffs again we should definitely hook up. Or hell, even if there's a retro-con or something let me know. As long as it's not college or high school sports or gun shows Razz

Nothing too exciting. I used a hatchet rather than a chainsaw. Didn't have any fuel oil for the chainsaw.

Awesome, let me know. I'd actually like to see the Thunder vs the Suns myself, as the Suns are my original "home team", but I'll go to see the Thunder play the Rockets. The Thunder have actually been a pretty good team since they've been in OKC. There was an IzumiCon in Oklahoma City, but it was last month. I did make it up to Tokyo in Tulsa though. I agree with you about the rest. Every time the Sooners have a home game, the traffic in Norman ends up being as bad as Los Angeles in rush hour!
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:11 pm

The power went out again yesterday while I was at work around 12 PMish. Just came back on here not too long ago (7 PM now). It sucks, but the only reason it really sucks is I had today and Christmas off. First Christmas Eve I've had off in who knows how long and it was spent trying to stay warm and being bored. Oh well, glad it is on now and hopefully it stays that way.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 34  Next