The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+15
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
avidacridjam
Rainjar
Bannen
Motinator
KillaAssassin11
chocobot
ajapam
BretBaber
TripOpt55
pspiddy
volvocrusher
Miraculous Kaydybug
19 posters

Page 28 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 28 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:31 am

i think you can get the basic cheapest sub for that. Also you get the PS4 version for nothing if you own the PS3 version. You just have to transfer licenses from one console to the other.

Also nah linkshells are seperate guilds work pretty cool you get a shared money.item chest, and combat/crafting benefits. Also when the next update hits you can build a guild house.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:22 pm

It's still on sale on PSN for 10 with Plus and comes with 30 days. the standard sub is $15/month.

There is no RDM yet but Scholar is kind of like that. A healer with decent DPS options, and a summon that heals while you attack.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:16 pm

I keep trying to enjoy Valkyria Chronicles 2 but it just isn't working. The gameplay is still solid and seems to be well designed for the PSP, even taking into account the smaller maps, but these characters are insufferable.

Just look at this shit, it really does say it all.

Now Playing - Page 28 3KETLLL

I'm going to keep playing it for a little longer in the hope that it might actually get challenging but I'm not sure how much longer I can put up with this typical anime trope shit.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:54 pm

Ah Rainjar, always a sunny spot in my day...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:38 am

Picked up Apollo Justice again today. Did half of a murder case where a serial panty thief plays a central role in figuring out what happened to remind myself why I love this series so much.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:04 am

MiiVerse is on 3DS now

My Ninty ID is GoddessOfTheSeal
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:14 am

Take my 2DS away from me pls

Now Playing - Page 28 BbG_QQyCMAAJRcP

Now Playing - Page 28 BbHAkksCEAE1SNM
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:03 am

I like AA better than AC. Like the first God of War, I loved the level design of that game. Unlocking more places in that prison was awesome and it all felt connected.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:49 pm

Finished Contrast today. Other than the glitches that sometimes plague the game (getting stuck into walls/floors), I really enjoyed it. Has a nice Tim Burton or Coraline feel to it, and like I said I like how the story is told. With glitches I give it a 6/10 and if they weren't there I'd give it an 8.5/10
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:22 am

Rainjar wrote:I keep trying to enjoy Valkyria Chronicles 2 but it just isn't working. The gameplay is still solid and seems to be well designed for the PSP, even taking into account the smaller maps, but these characters are insufferable.

Just look at this shit, it really does say it all.

Now Playing - Page 28 3KETLLL

I'm going to keep playing it for a little longer in the hope that it might actually get challenging but I'm not sure how much longer I can put up with this typical anime trope shit.

Do you have the actual books or are these stock photos?

Valkyria Chronicles (the PS3 game) is my favorite game of the current generation, bar none. The second game, sadly, they decided to go the high-school anime route. The third game is a much darker and more serious game, but sadly, it's not available in English. I liked the second game, but it still kind of hurts looking at the stripped-down high-school handheld sequel and comparing it to the fantastic console original, and thinking about what might have been...
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:37 am

I like AA more than City. I just like the overall feel of the game. It had alot of secrets and the combat and stealth are great. Felt like an episode of Batman: TAS to me.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:39 am

Picked up WWHD again to collect everything I missed. Should provide a great distraction while my tv is in use.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:02 am

Still working through Arkham Origins. Pretty fun. I like the Christmas time theme going on. I guess enemies are more aggressive which sounds good in theory, but the system doesn't seem prepared for it. Seems a little counter heavy because of it though I have gotten the hang of it better the more I've played.

Also had to jump back into Resogun since someone mentioned they beat my score on Twitter! Got a new personal high score of 61 million!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:48 am

I'll give you my sign in info Trip, and you can get on there and get the platinum for me. Then I'll send you a box of cookies in the mail.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:59 am

I like both games, but I prefer Arkham Asylum (minus a couple of boss fights) for pretty much the same reason as Captain N. Just feels more...structured.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:42 pm

SanAndreasX wrote:

Do you have the actual books or are these stock photos?

Valkyria Chronicles (the PS3 game) is my favorite game of the current generation, bar none. The second game, sadly, they decided to go the high-school anime route. The third game is a much darker and more serious game, but sadly, it's not available in English. I liked the second game, but it still kind of hurts looking at the stripped-down high-school handheld sequel and comparing it to the fantastic console original, and thinking about what might have been...

Nah, I don't own them sadly, it's just some photo I found on the net. I'm considering purchasing the artbook for the first game at some point though.

Yeah, that's pretty much the same feeling I get playing the second one. Apparently there are some fans who have been working on a VC3 translation project but it's been going on for ages so I'm doubtful that it'll ever be released.

I started playing Vanquish for a bit again to kill some time, I always find myself going back to playing it for a while, and I really think it might be one of my favourite games from this gen. It's not fantastically designed or anything but playing it on the harder difficulties and just having to speedknees everywhere doing backflips and vaulting over cover and MORPHING YOUR FUCKING MACHINE GUN INTO A GODDAMN SHOTGUN SO YOU CAN SHOOT SOME MASSIVE ROBOT IN THE FACE AFTER YOU'VE JUST POWERKICKED OFF ITS CHEST WHILE DODGING A MILLION BULLETS AND MISSILES ALL IN SLOWMO is just never stops being some of the coolest shit ever.

The fact we'll never get a Vanquish 2 with water levels for you speedknees across makes me sad ;___;.
Rainjar
Rainjar

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:19 pm

I started playing Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus. Maybe it's just been a while since I've played a Ratchet game, but holy crap is Into the Nexus awesome. I can tell its really short and there isn't a whole lot of enemy variation, but for a budget title its been a blast.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:37 am

I'll be getting Into the Nexus and LEGO Marvel Heroes for Christmas. But I'm going to buy The Last of Us and spend the first few days of break enjoying that!
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:05 am

Finished Arkham Origins. Pretty good game. Due to some extenuating circumstances, I never got to due much more with Arkham City than just buzz through the storyline, so it was fun to take a bit more time exploring this game's city. This game probably had the best narrative of the three too. WB Montreal sticks pretty close to the formula Rocksteady used and certainly made some mistakes, but still a good game. Reminded me what an interesting game design this series has. All these games are filled with content and really game-y which I appreciate.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:17 am

I'm back on Splinter Cell Blacklist and I largely handled the second half of the game well. Was doing a lot better than when I first started playing it. But man, the final level is kicking my ass. Going to try it again tomorrow when I'm a little less tired.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:30 am

I played the Saints Row IV Christmas DLC and it was amazing. It's pretty short only about an hour or two for the main stuff, but it gives you a ton of vehicles, costumes, and allies. Two new activities, and a completely new christmas themed area to explore its not nearly as big as steelport but its still fairly large. it's story is basically a parody of every christmas special ever made (the first gun you are able to use in it is a bb gun)
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:05 pm

Finished Splinter Cell. Good game. Lots of options as far as gadgets and customization go. Seems to be a good balance between older Splinter Cell and Conviction and you can always ignore Mark and Execute or ratchet up the difficulty for a more stealthy challenge. Also classic fans will definitely want to try the Grim side missions. Can't be seen in them. Lots of laser security and stuff like that.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:28 pm

I always wanted that game pspiddy, until I found out it was a strategy RPG. Those games are too slow moving for my taste.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:00 pm

pspiddy wrote:I've played a little of Rainbow Moon. The overworld reminds me a lot of the Shining and Lunar series. The combat has a hint of FF Tactics. All in all it's a pretty great homage to the RPGs I grew up loving. It's great for Vita since, from what I've played, it's easy to play a bit and put down. And when I first started playing I knew exactly what I was doing because it's essentially a SNES/PSone game with purdy graphics.

Cross-buy for PS3/Vita is $18 for plus right now. If Shining, Lunar, or Tactics sets off your gamer radar, I'd recommend it.

I've always been kind of on the fence about Rainbow Moon. Not sure why, given that my favorite game of the entire generation is a strategy RPG. Your references to Lunar and Shining Force have piqued my interest.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:34 am

I beat Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault today. Only took me almost a year. The game was a lot shorter than I thought it was going to be. It might be a game I chip away at trying to get a platinum, seeing as it seems kind of doable. I know the game got really low reviews, but my only complaint would be how short it is. There's a lot of things you can do to keep the game going, but only 5 levels brings the score down a bit.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next