The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+15
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
avidacridjam
Rainjar
Bannen
Motinator
KillaAssassin11
chocobot
ajapam
BretBaber
TripOpt55
pspiddy
volvocrusher
Miraculous Kaydybug
19 posters

Page 29 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 29 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by volvocrusher Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:36 am

Think I'm going to trade in Killzone and use the credit towards Infamous while I can still get $40. Call of Duty's just giving me everything I need out of an FPS better, which I still can't believe I'm saying.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:58 am

I guess it was one level that I really didn't like in Killzone, now the campaign is enjoyable to me again. Not as fun as Killzone 2 or 3 but I'm still enjoying it. Like always I really enjoy the multiplayer.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by TheMatt Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:52 am

I am still playing COD Ghosts on 360 a ton with my roommate. We've been playing Hardcore Team Deathmatch pretty exclusively. It's the same old shit, but its still a blast. No matter what, the shooting is still super satisfying. And really, that's all that matters.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by lenny.b Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:40 pm

@PSpiddy - I'm so tempted to buy Black Flag after watching you play it. It's even on sale on Amazon for $48-something, but I must restrain myself for the time being.

@TheMatt - It's good to hear that it's still fun, but it seems like such an expensive "renewal" process for a game that never seems to change. Then again, if they're making money off of it, they're probably doing something right.
lenny.b
lenny.b
Asks for the "Guile" at the Barbershop

http://lbenologa.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:10 pm

Started playing Peace Walker with a friend then bought Persona 3 Portable WHILE ordering Hatsune Miku Project Diva F from Play Asia that'll probably never turn up while in my mind I'm thinking about how excited I am for Persona 4 Arena and Zone of the Enders HD Collection christmas presents.

Too many fucking video games. Can't deal with this shit.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:28 pm

I really enjoy Peace Walker. There's almost an RPG like element with capturing all of the soldiers and using weapons to make them better. I enjoyed that game, but rarely do I not enjoy a Kojima game (who am I kidding, never).
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:35 pm

One thing with MGS games, is there ever really a reason to go lethal? The tranq guns are always so effective it kinda makes it difficult to justify using anything else, does this change with an increase in difficulty? I just want to use some of those sweet ass assault rifles ;_;.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:22 pm

You could use the stun rod instead of the tranq gun, I think that makes it a little tougher. I love using the tranq gun though so it doesn't bother me much, but I understand the gripe. Using it in this game is beneficial since you can then capture the guards and get them on your side.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:35 am

In peacewalker there are sometimes where you cant use non-lethal cause robots, but for the most part darts to the head will get you through it. Standard missions are some of the easiest in MGS.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:57 pm

Finished the main levels in Rayman Legends but I'm nowhere near done collecting all the lums or playing all the available levels. And unlike Origins, I actually feel compelled to chase after that stuff. I brought my Vita to work to do this and actually lost hours playing. As a result, I stayed later to finish work. Pretty dumb but I couldn't stop playing.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:20 pm

Now Playing - Page 29 DzAriZp

BABYBABYBABYBABYBABYOHBABYBABYBABYBABY

Played a couple of hours tonight. Seems kinda cool and I'm interested in da apathy stuff but so far I can't say I like any of the characters. There's a two that seem interesting, one I hate already (I don't remember the names) whereas all the P4 characters were lovable straight away.

Didn't know the game doesn't just put you at the start of the floor when you die either so there went half an hour of progress. Kinda glad though, means there's a bit of consequence and some level of tension when it comes to deciding if you should carry on or not.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:31 pm

I hear mine kick in every once and a while and it makes me scared like something is breaking. I did get a 3 year service plan though so I'm good for 3 years. After that if it breaks I'm assuming it'll be down to $300 or maybe cheaper, and will probably have a 3 TB hard drive so I'd just be happy to buy a new one.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:15 pm

I got Guacamelee! last night and played a bit of it. Seems pretty good. Also hoping Remember Me arrives from Gamefly today.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:09 pm

I thought about downloading the demo for Guacamelee. Getting the Vita version definitely sweetens the deal. I may get Limbo if the demo is good enough.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:23 pm

I'm trying to finish off Final Fantasy XIII-2 so I can be done with the game, however Square now makes these games completely different than the games I grew up playing. Grinding for CP barely boost your players skills. I used to love level grinding to make my characters stronger, but this game doesn't seem to do that. Also hate having a monster as a third member because you can spend a lot of time developing them to eventually realize they're not a good character. I'm on the last boss, and he just seems impossible. The rest of the game was fairly easy, but this just seems like agony. It's the only game besides XI and XIV that I haven't beat and the reason I didn't beat those was due to the online play and never playing them. I've read things that you can do to make your characters better but it just seems like so much fucking work that I don't even want to bother but I've already invested a lot of time in this crapper. Fuck you Square, make good games again.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:09 pm

Just played through Episode 1 of The Walking Dead Season 2. Ahhh! I want to play the rest right now! So damn good.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:21 pm

BretBaber wrote:I'm trying to finish off Final Fantasy XIII-2 so I can be done with the game, however Square now makes these games completely different than the games I grew up playing.  Grinding for CP barely boost your players skills.  I used to love level grinding to make my characters stronger, but this game doesn't seem to do that.  Also hate having a monster as a third member because you can spend a lot of time developing them to eventually realize they're not a good character.  I'm on the last boss, and he just seems impossible.  The rest of the game was fairly easy, but this just seems like agony.  It's the only game besides XI and XIV that I haven't beat and the reason I didn't beat those was due to the online play and never playing them.  I've read things that you can do to make your characters better but it just seems like so much fucking work that I don't even want to bother but I've already invested a lot of time in this crapper.  Fuck you Square, make good games again.

The level of the role effects how much your stats grow. It's best to just stick with 3 roles until they reach 99 before moving on.

With the monsters you're supposed to fuse your lower level monsters in the higher level ones to transfer stats and skills
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:51 pm

I'm playing Remember Me. World is kind of cool, but the gameplay is leaving me a little cold. There are some good ideas (like creating your own combos), but the design is too restrictive.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:24 pm

I just got a beta key for Hearthstone. I know most of you are thinking, 'what is Hearthstone?' I don't really know either... but the Blizzard fanatic in me is super excited to check it out!
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by lenny.b Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:23 pm

Yeah, if people don't know what Hearthstone is - there are Twitch livestreams on the in-game beta.
lenny.b
lenny.b
Asks for the "Guile" at the Barbershop

http://lbenologa.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:16 am

Kayshire Cat wrote:
With the monsters you're supposed to fuse your lower level monsters in the higher level ones to transfer stats and skills[/color]

I don't recall ever seeing a tutorial for this in the game. So what you're saying is you can fuse monsters with other monsters (kind of like breeding)? Thus combining their piss poor stats to make super strong monsters? If so, the game may have gotten a lot easier because my monster's suck and I can't ever find items to make them stronger (can't remember what those things are called that you get after battles).
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:42 am

the infuse option in the monster menu i think its something like that. You give up one monster to transfer its abilities and some of its stats to another.

Also you can buy level up items from Chocolina. Otherwise monsters of the same type should drop them.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:13 am

Yeah I knew you could buy stuff from her, but the monster's I have are at a high level I guess and won't take any of the older ones. Next time I play I'll have to check out this infuse or what have you. I always watch the damage the monster's do and it is so minimal. Glad to hear I can make them stronger.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:41 am

Well it also depends on the monster some are mostly meant for fusion fodder.

without fusing them most ravagers are limited to one or two elements. in general most skill sets are pretty basic if you dont fuse them
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:41 am

That's what I've been thinking, they all just seem useless and die after a few hits. When I get some time I'll have to check this fusing out. Thanks!
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:29 am

Off-hand i know Flanitor (the police light flans) is the best medic those are pretty common and you should have seen them, and theres a blue polyhedron in Archelyte Steppe called Cloudburst is the best RAV its in the canyon area when its cloudy.

Well maybe not best but those are what i used.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next