The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+15
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
avidacridjam
Rainjar
Bannen
Motinator
KillaAssassin11
chocobot
ajapam
BretBaber
TripOpt55
pspiddy
volvocrusher
Miraculous Kaydybug
19 posters

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 25 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by chocobot Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:17 pm

Oh thanks, Twolf that actually might help a lot. The first stage of the doctor also fucked me up so as I continued and there were more bosses I was just like FUCK THIS GAME, IT CLEARLY DOESNT WANT TO BE BEATEN.

I'll probably just start a new game at some point and try again.
chocobot
chocobot
Will Eat Lizard Tails to Improve Stamina

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:21 pm

My mom got me Call of Duty Ghosts for my birthday. So far I'm liking it a lot more than Killzone. Campaign's really good, not 4 caliber, but well paced and fun. The dog might be making me like it a lot more than I would without it though. Both the horde modes are a lot of fun too and the controls feel noticeably smoother than past CoD games.

Killzone's still better in regular multiplayer though. CoD's still got that thing where you die way to quick so it's all about knowing where to be on a map where others can't really see you because they won't have time to respond when they do. Bleh, fuck that. Also a lot less pretty than Killzone.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:41 pm

Is anyone picking up Tearaway today? I've only played a bit of the demo but I have to say this game looks amazing, even when I'm not looking at my face in the background
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:14 pm

I'm hoping Tearaway shows up here tomorrow. I haven't tried the demo yet, but I'm really excited to play it. Everyone I have talked to has said great things about it.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:45 am

I spent the day swapping between Tearaway and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Both are pretty great.

I only just arrived at my second dungeon in Zelda. It's nice that the game generally just gives you a lot of freedom to just do whatever. I spent most of my time just exploring the overworld. It's definitely familiar but there is still plenty of stuff to do (also probably helps that I have not played LttP in a while). Also the game doesn't seem to be as handhold-y as recent Zeldas. The wall mechanic is pretty cool. The first dungeon was crazy short though which was disappointing. And I don't find the graphics to be particularly good-looking which is kind of rare for the series.

Tearaway is delightful. Kind of just an adventure game. Not point and click obviously. You go around, you collect things, you do tasks for npcs, you make things out of paper. I was a little worried when there was no jump button at first, but you unlock it. The touch controls are actually pretty cool. It's funny. I made a pretty snazzy pumpkin out of construction paper. Drawing with my finger is tough though. I helped a friendly elk. I rode a pig through this one section running into enemies. Super fun so far.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:47 pm

I've put 45+ hours into Persona in a week. I can't remember the last time I was glued to a game so much. I've spent this entire weekend just laying in bed playing it for hours upon hours on end until stupid times in the morning, then waking up and picking the Vita right back up from the side and spending at least 6-7 hours straight playing it before taking a short break.

Please send help.

Persona 4 spoilers:
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:06 pm

Haha, I like your reasoning behind romancing Rise. That's probably the only way I'd do that. She's the worst.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:03 pm

I find the original Ninja Gaiden's for NES to be unbeatable. So damn hard. Contra without the code as well.

A game being difficult because the computer starts cheating for the AI is the most annoying thing ever.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:27 am

Fuuucking Shinobi for PS2 *shakes fist*
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:24 pm

The fact that I keep ditching going out with friends and go straight home to escape into Persona 4 where I save people from a TV is starting to feel a little ironic.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:29 pm

has anyone had a problem with their ps4 where when you sign in it tells you you have to change your password? It tells you an email has been sent, and that you have to change your password. I've done it twice today.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:21 am

I'm fine with switching it once, but twice? Funny thing is it just let me use the same password I always do. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

I gave them a credit card that will expire long after my plus is done. I just bought a year card in September and I just tacked on an extra 30 days. My card will expire months before renewal happens.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:16 am

I downloaded the Lightning Returns demo off Japan PSN, and OH MY GOD its combat is amazing.

It's still a lot like FFXIII, but it gives you the freedom to move around, guard/evade attacks and the best part is you never have to wait for a gauge to fill up if you use up your ATB with one style you switch to another the gauges for each one deplete and refill on their own.

The demo gives you six styles. 3 default and 3 you unlock after you beat it.

Lightnings default which is basically a mix between magic and phys attacks, and a physical attacker and black mage are the defaults

You unlock a dragoon, theif, and red mage style when you beat it. The dragoon is my favorite it hits hard and drains hp.

Each style has attacks and stuff that are locked into that one (like one or two), but other than that you can pick what you want.

I'm really hype for this game now. that demo was amazing.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:04 am

I thought the videos for that game looked really fantastic. I still need to beat XIII-2. Got to the end and haven't played it in months.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:06 pm

Apparently you can't form parties in Battlefield 4. How stupid is that? My cousin and myself tried for a while to figure out how to get in a party together. After having zero luck I turned to the internet and found forums about how you can't form a party before going into a match. This kind of game is what parties is all about. What a joke. EA should be ashamed.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:07 pm

I finished Persona 4.

I'm so fucking legit mad now. This is exactly how my friend reacted to the first ending who ended up recommending it and I'm going through that x10. He's insisting I go for the other route because MUH THEMES, then started spoiling some obvious shit, but I don't even care at the moment.

Persona 4 can go suck a dick for a good few days until I calm down. What a waste of fucking time and a waste of fucking money. So fucking mad it's unreal.

I'll probably take all this back shortly, heck I'll probably start playing it tomorrow just so I can finish it off properly because MUH THEMES MUH VISUAL NOVELS MUH SHITTY DUNGEONS SHITTY GAMEPLAY, but I won't fucking forget this. So fucking mad god fucking damn it.

GODDAMN IT SPOILS FOR HURR BAD END.:

Edit 1.11: THE FUNNY PART IS, THIS NO DOUBT PROBABLY FITS INTO THE WHOLE THEME OF SOME SHIT. FUCK SAKE, MIXED FEELINGS. CAN'T WAIT TO LOOK BACK AT THIS POST WITH DISGUST.

Edit 2.22: I'm more fucking pissed at my fucking friend spoiling the next bit and spelling the theme out despite the fucking fact I said I'd go back and play it in a couple of days. Why the fuck would anyone do that. I'm almost tempted to not play it anymore out of fucking spite. I've lost count of how many fucking times he's pulled this fucking shit now. GODDAMN. MAD.

Edit 3:33 FUCK SAKE GONNA GO PLAY IT FOR ANOTHER HALF AN HOUR BEFORE I GO TO BED AND NOT ENJOY ANY OF IT. FUCKING VISUAL NOVELS.

Edit 4:44 I CAN'T EVEN PLAY IT BECAUSE I'M STILL LEGIT MAD LIKE HALF AN HOUR LATER THAT I KNOW I'LL JUST BE PISSED OFF AT EVERYTHING BUT I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW EVENING TO PLAY IT AGAIN.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:01 am

Cool...story...bro *slowly backs away*
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:59 am

Sounds like somebody got the bad ending...
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:51 pm

Day 2: Still mad.

Looks like the get the next section of the game I need to get a lecture from the fucking moral police: babbys first thoughts department.

Kanji is the only reason I'm playing this anymore. That guy is the fucking best.

Edit - After having to follow a fucking guide I'm finally on the way to the 'true' ending. It's not getting any better.

P4:
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:17 pm

*still...backing...slowly*

In all fairness though the beginning parts of Persona 4's story weren't exactly Shakespeare. You play it for the individual stories of the particular characters, and those (and not at all the game's overall story, because who cares really...well, you do I guess) are what contain the games deepest and most memorable moments and themes. I feel with most stuff coming out of Japan you have to take the good with bad. Because there's some very good, poignant writing, hidden within some pretty bad, pulpy writing.

Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:31 pm

Been alternating between Super Mario 3D World and A Link Between Worlds and this has been some of the best gaming I've had in years. A Link Between Worlds is pretty much everything I've been asking for in a Zelda for years. Most importantly, you use more than one item in dungeons! You have to think with you brain! Puzzles are actually puzzles, not just boxes you have to move or switches you have to flip. The only thing that has been stopping me from playing this non stop is Mario 3D World. That game is just jam packed with fun, creative levels. They really did just throw anything fun and awesome in previous Mario games and let you sit back and enjoy. I think if I had to choose which one is "better" I would say Zelda... but that's more personal preference, because I'm a Zelda freak. But this is comparing an A+ game to an A+. They are both reasons to own a 3DS and Wii U respectively.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:56 pm

I'm loving both too and it doesn't help that I got an Amazon gift card I used on Pokemon X for my birthday. So now I'm alternating between my three biggest loves of Nintendo. I'd probably say Mario and Pokemon are a bit better than Zelda, but I haven't put as much time in the second and those are my bigger biased loves. Nintendo just did an amazing job of delivering what fans wanted from each of their big three series this year.

Also playing Call of Duty Ghosts still. It's probably the best CoD since 4. At the very least, it's the only one that is keeping me engaged the whole way through, MW2 and BLOPS2 took a lot of willpower to see to the end and even then didn't leave me that satisfied. Couldn't even make it halfway through BLOPS1 and MW3.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:10 pm

I mean, don't get me wrong. They are all awesome-- I'm playing Pokemon X too. I really can't find a fault in any of them. Well, there is the fact that Mario doesn't have freaking online multiplayer. But that has nothing to do with the game itself. I just always think of how much fun it would be to play online with all you guys. I don't have a PS4 yet, but I don't think anything next gen is anywhere close to Mario or Zelda. They are both delightful in pretty much every way.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:57 pm

In my replay of Bioshock Infinite (which I am really enjoying), I do get frustrated with Troy Baker's performance. Just because in The Last of Us I heard him do a very convincing older man...why didn't he do that voice in Bioshock? He sounds like he's 25 and he shouldn't...Dammit.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:27 am

I really am enjoying Zelda, but so far I have not found the using multiple items in dungeons thing you mentioned to be true (well not more than usual and definitely not more than SS which actually mixed up item use pretty well). I guess I need to delve deeper as I'm not too far in. I figured the rental system would make it so they wouldn't mix up item use much, but I'm glad to hear that isn't true. I did have a moment where having an unneeded item made one part easier which was kind of neat. I think the things that stand out to me so far is how fast the gameplay is, how fun it is to explore for the first time in a while and maybe best of all the game doesn't have the excessive handholding that has been a growing issue with the franchise for like a decade. The dungeons being as short as they are is probably the biggest negative so far for me, but overall the game has been a blast.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:02 am

Played some more of Zelda. Really love how finding new things in it isn't spelled out for you like the past Zeldas. There's no "This next section is a linear path" or "You can only guide the wind this way for now" anywhere. Just lets you know where the next dungeon is and it's up to you to check it's surroundings to see if they can get you into it.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:31 pm

The ending to Persona 4 is so close yet seems so far.

Knowing I have like another couple of hours of what seems to be "Wow it's fucking nothing" is just going to draaaaaaag.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next