The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+15
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
avidacridjam
Rainjar
Bannen
Motinator
KillaAssassin11
chocobot
ajapam
BretBaber
TripOpt55
pspiddy
volvocrusher
Miraculous Kaydybug
19 posters

Page 14 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 14 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by BretBaber Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:56 pm

I think I'd enjoy Borderlands a lot more if I wasn't playing by myself, but I still think there would be a love/hate feeling for it. I wish I would have never bought the add-on content so I wouldn't feel obligated to play it.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by lenny.b Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:58 pm

@Chocobot Yeah, when it comes to Dishonored, or any game (BESIDES CHRONO TRIGGER) - I'm not a huge fan of laconic protagonists.

@Bret Borderlands 1 or 2? I need to get back into that game, so that I can beat it. :\
lenny.b
lenny.b
Asks for the "Guile" at the Barbershop

http://lbenologa.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by BretBaber Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:40 pm

What level are your characters pspiddy?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:43 am

Damn. I'm trying to clean up a few remaining trophies, and I was hoping to join your levels and just soak up all of your XP to cake walk through mine.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by lenny.b Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:14 am

A game night for Borderlands would actually be fun, but aren't there max parties of 4 or something? It would be great if we could do larger groups to battle or something.
lenny.b
lenny.b

Back to top Go down

Post by lenny.b Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:17 am

And @pspiddy - I randomly flipped over to Amazon and preordered FFX HD because you mentioned the Kingdom Hearts artbook. Thankfully(, but more-so dreadfully,) it won't be in my possession until December 31st. Sad
lenny.b
lenny.b

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:36 am

@lenny - A lot of time when a final release date isn't announced they always put December 31st as the release. So it'l probably be out before that, because no game company wants their game to come out after Christmas. Yesterday I read an article that said it would be released this winter, so I'm betting before Christmas.

I'm not sure which version to get, the Vita or the PS3. I'm thinking I'll go with the Vita version.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:11 pm

I'm definitely preordering FFX HD so I can get the CE. I will be going with the PS3 version, of course.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:00 pm

I kind of wish there was more art in the Kingdom Hearts LE but it is a neat way to package it so I'm not complaining too much.

I'm getting FFX for the PS3 since that's the only way to get the art book edition, and then I'll probably get it for the Vita later on. I'm okay with buying my favorite game ever twice. I'm losing hope the game is coming out this year though Sad
chocobot
chocobot
Will Eat Lizard Tails to Improve Stamina

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:18 pm

I just want it on Vita so i can spam twitter with shots of Yuna's ass. Uh..... I mean cause of being able to take screen shots. Maybe I can get the PS3 version and the Vita version of X-2 Then i can get the artbook and be able to take screen caps of the ladies.

In other news since i talked about it here before Arthur Gies blocked me cause i kept retweeting his "anime avatars" comment. I'm wearing this as a medal.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:27 am

Today I wanted to play a game, but really had no particular game in mind. So I booted up Dragon Quest VIII (a file I started a while ago, I'm about 10 hours into the game). I've already beat the game, but it's constantly a game that I always think about. It is just such a fun game to play and get lost in. The game/experience it reminds me of most is my time with Ni No Kuni. A game that is simple, yet addicting and fun. As a pick up and play game, it works, because there's so much map to run around and explore, and just fighting all of the goofy villains is just good ol' mindless fun.

Anyone else have a game that feels like this for you?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:32 am

The ones that fit that best for me are platformers, especially Mario, Sonic, and Crash, as well as Halo. I can pop any of those in and enjoy myself no matter what the time.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:52 am

I figured you would have said Pokemon volvo.

MGS is one of those games for me as well. No matter what point of the story, I could run around breaking necks.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:01 am

Pokemon multiplayer yes, but the single player I need to play from start to finish. I can do stuff after the Elite 4, but once I exhaust the content, catching em all is fun but not as fun as the main Pokemon game. I'm always in the mood to start it but didn't really think of it as that since I need to be willing to commit the time over the next few weeks to finish it.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:33 am

No More Heroes 2. I can pick that game up from where ever cause its all awesome.

Speaking of GHM games im still not sure if i want to finish Killer is Dead. It's soooooooooooooo disappointing.

Back to ME3 and FFXIV i guess.

Also odd story friend of mine who i havent talked to in years wants me to play FFXIV with them. It'll be the most awkward thing ever though we haven't talked in years, and ugh i wasnt open about a lot of things back then. They dont know im bigender or bisexual or really anything. lol i was so closed off to everyone back then. This could end up really awkward so i dont even know.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:58 pm

pspiddy wrote:

I finally opened Kingdom Hearts HD LE. I thought I'd be disappointed since the art book is in a sleeve with the game a'la MGS Legacy Collection. Boy was I wrong. The book is actually a hardcover game case. It's a worthy addition to any collector's library.
I'm meant to be saving up for a new monitor goddamn it, now I need to go fucking buy video games for the artbook.

Life is just too cruel.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:55 pm

I am just not that into Puppeteer I guess. It's solid, but I don't love it. The gameplay is fine, the presentation is great, but I guess how cutscene heavy it is makes me "good" on playing after a level as opposed to a game I love where I have to force myself to stop playing after hours.

Also got Stealth Inc which is pretty fun. Actually a good fit for the Vita/a handheld. Nice to be using my Vita again between this and started doing Netflix on it again here and there.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:15 pm

Yeah, I wasn't really expecting much from Puppeteer, but still a little disappointing to see it didn't work out. If I ever pick it up it'll probably be in the $10 range.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:32 pm

Like I said before I'd have Puppeteer and Kingdom Hearts and Grand Theft Auto V if I didn't have to be so watchful of my money. Shame. Is it just the cut scene heavy stuff that takes you away from the game? Does it feel like a rehashed version of LittleBigPlanet?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:13 pm

Don't get me wrong. It's a good game. I didn't mean to infer "it didn't work out" whatsoever. I guess it isn't hitting me like some others though who really seem to love it (going into the thread for this on NeoGAF and people are loving it). Like I don't mind the idea of a 2D platformer with cutscenes. In fact I welcome it in theory. I always welcome a story as long as gameplay isn't skimped on it. And gameplay isn't skimped on here (this isn't a Journey-plays-itself-situation), but the cutscenes happen so often. I kind of wish I got longer stretches of gameplay between them.

The gameplay itself is good enough, but not blowing me away. Jumping feels way tighter than LBP. I think I was expecting more from the heads gameplay (many of them are more connected to finding secrets than new abilities). I'm only a third into the game and since I now have more abilities, they are starting to do more with them. But it just doesn't have the depth of abilities in straight up platforming of a Rayman or Mario. It feels different enough from LBP that it doesn't feel like a rehash. It doesn't have the creation aspect to fall back on though which I think obviously helps LBP.

To be honest, I play most games a level at a time, so saying that isn't me killing it. I guess I just thought this would be something I loved more and would have me hooked in for a while.

Why weren't you expecting much Greenman? It was always weird to me this wasn't something you were looking forward to. It has button mashing often for the scissor mechanic which you would straight up hate. That is for sure... haha. I was doing it and actually thought to myself, "Welp Greenman would hate this!"
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:33 pm

It's mostly that it's a 2D platformer that every time I heard about it put more emphasis on the gimmick than the platforming. So I just dismissed it into the Braid/LittleBigPlanet/Limbo category and kept myself hyped for Rayman instead. I just checked it on YouTube though and it does look better than I thought it would, but still not enough for me to grab it.

Also I still like LBP overall, but its physics leave a lot to be desired for me. Because I know if I don't type this there will be a "You don't like LBP?" reaction
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:43 pm

I get complaints about LBP's physics (pretty much everyone complains about them, you aren't alone or anything). I think ultimately I enjoy LBP despite them being a little wonky because some of the levels (dev or community made) having such creative designs and there being so much fun to be had with the creative tools. I think saying it focuses more on a "gimmick" is silly though. Are you calling the creation tools a gimmick? Maybe I am missing something here.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:47 pm

Yeah, the creation tools are what I meant. LBP does have pretty good levels and the creation tools are fun to mess around with, but they're not enough to fully make up for the wonky physics for me. I'd like the game more if they improved them in exchange for axing the creation tools. Not that I'm saying that's what they should have done because a lot of people love that, just not what I personally wanted. It's a fun enough tool for me to not dislike it like Braid or Limbo, but puts it a step below Rayman and any of Nintendo's 2D platformers this gen.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:02 pm

I guess I'm getting hung up on what I think is actually a gimmick and what isn't, but that is neither here nor there. That is why I was asking.

I assume you'd put something like Kirby's Epic Yarn in that group too though with Braid/LBP/Limbo right?

Edit: Sorry for all the inquiries. I love a good platforming discussion.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:13 pm

Epic Yarn is my least favorite of Nintendo's Wii platformers, but I actually loved that game. The mechanics themselves are solid and I played with the goal to get gold stars on every level, which gave a pretty good challenge. I thought the transformations were weaker, but I didn't think they took up too much of the focus like those other aforementioned games, felt more like something to break up the main action.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:30 pm

Fair enough. I found it kind of shallow myself. It lacked a lot of the depth that the best Kirby games often have with all the transformations you can do. Felt kind of like the artstyle was valued over the gameplay to be honest. I personally think LBP has much more interesting level designs and mechanics than Epic Yarn. Admittedly Braid and Limbo never even come to my mind when I think of 2D platformers this gen.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next