The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+15
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
avidacridjam
Rainjar
Bannen
Motinator
KillaAssassin11
chocobot
ajapam
BretBaber
TripOpt55
pspiddy
volvocrusher
Miraculous Kaydybug
19 posters

Page 8 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 8 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by lenny.b Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:29 am

pspiddy wrote:I bought the Tomb Raider CE for $49 from Gamestop and locked in an Amazon trade for $75. Hopefully they honor it since the value is now <$15. If so, there's still some Xillia CEs left and I plan on jumping.
Does the Tomb Raider CE come with a Lara Croft action figure?
lenny.b
lenny.b
Asks for the "Guile" at the Barbershop

http://lbenologa.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by BretBaber Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:04 am

Today I was playing FIFA, and I won a rousing game of back and forth football.  Took the lead in the dying moments of the game for the 3-2 win!  As I was watching the post game replays, the fucking power went out, thus making that victory non-existant and forcing me to play a very tough opponent again.  Shit.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:06 am

Got my review copy for Rayman Legends as well as codes for Spelunky and Killer is Dead. Playing Rayman now and it's great. Though I may have to recommend the Vita version for any Wii U less people since it has all Murphy levels too which so far are pretty fun.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:58 am

I think FFXIV might consume my soul. I've never really got into MMOs before but this game is really keeping my attention. It's basically FFI's story re-purposed into an MMO with a job system like FFV's. It really feels like an FF MMO from everything to music, and artstyle/atmosphere. Really loving it.

I did some dungeons and raids or whatever today with some randoms, and they were actually really fun, and i got some decent parties with people who didnt suck ass too which was a bonus, but fuck matchmaking if you are a DPS it took two fucking hours, and when im a healer it takes 2 minutes.

I think I'm at a level (20) now where i can create a guild if we have enough people i could do a PlayStation guild, but it would probably tip all the PC master race people that we are console peons.

Theres supposedly gonna be a 15 hour maintenance peroid tommorow so i have to find something else to play *sigh*
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:17 am

Um Kay the maintenance is just 3 hours, I think all that playing messed up your eyes Razz

Since I've been working way more hours than usual lately I was able to afford both the FFXIV collectors editon and Hatsune Miku Project Diva F, yay! Also got Muramasa Rebirth last week, and I still need to finish Xillia... Too many games, not enough free time D:
chocobot
chocobot
Will Eat Lizard Tails to Improve Stamina

Back to top Go down

Post by lenny.b Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:47 am

pspiddy wrote:Yes it did. Pretty cool figure and many points of articulation. I wanted to keep it but I'm trying to profit. If Amazon decides not to honor the $75, I selected the return option so win/win for me.
Nice! I'm not a huge fan of GameStop, though. I'm a stickler when it comes to my stuff, and 99% of the time I like to buy new. Unfortunately, it seems as though when I go to GameStop to buy a "new" game, I rarely feel that it is. Take for instance when I went to GameStop recently to buy Dishonored, they sold me an unwrapped, opened, display version of the game as "new". I'm sorry but to me, new - is something that's never been opened or played (which I have a feeling it had been). Oh well... Maybe it's just me.

Regardless, that's probably a good idea. I'll probably head to my local GameStop to check out if they have any CE's that I can buy so that I might be able to trade them in for more money through Amazon. Smile The PS3 version of the Tomb Raider CE is selling for $150 on Amazon, as far as I can tell and if I can buy it for cheaper locally, that'd be a steal!
lenny.b
lenny.b

Back to top Go down

Post by KillaAssassin11 Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:17 am

Have the day off today so im debating if I want to try and play some more Tales of Xillia or start up Splinter Cell Blacklist. There is also a few Vita games I've meaning to get to as well. We will see how the day goes.
KillaAssassin11
KillaAssassin11

http://www.unknownconnection.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:07 am

I decided to delete that free Oddworld game from my PS3. I never really liked the game, but each stage granted me a free trophy. Today when I got to the very end of the level, the stupid shitheads that follow me around wouldn't chant to open the gate to finish the level. Not sure if it was because I only needed 3 and I had 8 I moved 5 of them. When I came back to make the remaining 3 chant, the game froze. I spent 45 minutes on that level for it to freeze right at the end. The game freezes all of the time, and the fact that there hasn't been a patch to fix it really annoys me. To hell with the free easy trophies, the game freezes so much I can't take it anymore. I like how a last gen game freezes left and right, but current gen games run like a champ.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:38 pm

I'm liking FFXIV, finally, after several hours of downloading patches. I haven't gotten too far.

It might be the first MMO I ever got into. My wife loves those games and is always hitting me up to play them. But I never really liked World of Warcraft or Guild Wars. I did like FFXI somewhat better.

And I want Hatsune Miku Project Diva too, and will probably pick it up. I have too many games on my plate, and next week I'm going on a two-week vacation to Arizona and California, so no gaming time there.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:51 pm

What part of Cali you going to San Andreas?
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:38 pm

volvocrusher wrote:Got my review copy for Rayman Legends as well as codes for Spelunky and Killer is Dead. Playing Rayman now and it's great. Though I may have to recommend the Vita version for any Wii U less people since it has all Murphy levels too which so far are pretty fun.
They all have the Murphy levels right? Just the Wii U has one exclusive one and the Vita has five (actually not sure those five levels are Murphy levels or not)? After playing both the Wii U and PS3 demos, I might even say the PS3's version is better for singleplayer since you get to control Rayman and then Murphy with buttons as well. Or do you control Rayman in the Wii U version too (been awhile since I played that demo)? I imagine the Wii U's being pretty cool for multiplayer though. I'm of course basing this off demos so what the hell do I know.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:59 pm

Well, I'm going to stop in Arizona for a couple of days to see family members, then I'm going to hit I-8 for San Diego. My wife wants to go to SeaWorld and the San Diego Zoo. We then plan to head up the coast to San Simeon, but I wouldn't mind hanging around in Los Angeles for a few hours.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:06 am

TripOpt55 wrote:
volvocrusher wrote:Got my review copy for Rayman Legends as well as codes for Spelunky and Killer is Dead. Playing Rayman now and it's great. Though I may have to recommend the Vita version for any Wii U less people since it has all Murphy levels too which so far are pretty fun.
They all have the Murphy levels right? Just the Wii U has one exclusive one and the Vita has five (actually not sure those five levels are Murphy levels or not)? After playing both the Wii U and PS3 demos, I might even say the PS3's version is better for singleplayer since you get to control Rayman and then Murphy with buttons as well. Or do you control Rayman in the Wii U version too (been awhile since I played that demo)? I imagine the Wii U's being pretty cool for multiplayer though. I'm of course basing this off demos so what the hell do I know.
You control Rayman for a little bit, then switch to Murphy who helps his autistic friend. Honestly though, I like it more this way. The level design is more basic here, it's designed more as a puzzle as how to lead him to secrets and get past obstacles rather than getting past them themselves. I get where your saying based on demos, I wondered if I went the right route with Wii U, but after playing them, I think Wii U/Vita are the way to go. I'd rather have more levels designed to play as Rayman, but I'd rather control Murphy during these than Rayman because of how basic again and just tapping a button isn't as engaging as the Wii U pad has it.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:26 am

Makes sense. I think either way those levels were the low point of the demos. How is it stacking up against Origins so far? Most people have told me it's better.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:34 am

Right now the regular levels are a step up from Origins, but the Murphy levels aren't quite as fun as regular platforming. There's too many of them too, they're at about a 60/40 ratio and I think more of an 80/20 would work better. Maybe there's more Rayman later on though. I think I like it more than Origins just because it has that replayable feel I get during Mario Bros 3/World or a Genesis Sonic. I liked Origins a lot, but never really wanted to replay any levels. Legends I can see myself picking this up and replaying a level or two if I can't decided what to play.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:06 am

Rayman Legends had a super strong demo (like Origins did), so I'm really...really excited. I'm more excited for that game than any other release.

Also playing the Deus Ex: HR DLC has made me realize that despite Deus Ex HR's flaws it's still probably one of my favorite games. I hope the tweaked version they were planning for Wii U happens, and more importantly makes its way back to the PC.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:22 pm

Beat Rayman Legeds. Amazing game, second only to the Last of Us this year. Better than Origins too in my opinion. I'd even say Legends is on the same level as Super Mario World and Sonic 2 as far as platformers go, not sure if it or Kirby's Return to Dreamland is my favorite 2D game this gen.

@Kubert- They already announced the DC of Deus Ex is coming to everything.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:29 pm

Played a bit of Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D. I'm enjoying it but it doesn't come close to 2.

Also started replaying Rayman Origins before Legends comes out. I forgot how good this game is
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:01 pm

volvocrusher wrote:Beat Rayman Legeds. Amazing game, second only to the Last of Us this year. Better than Origins too in my opinion. I'd even say Legends is on the same level as Super Mario World and Sonic 2 as far as platformers go, not sure if it or Kirby's Return to Dreamland is my favorite 2D game this gen.
!!!

I need this game!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by lenny.b Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:18 pm

I've gotten slightly further into Ni no Kuni and I'm addicted to completing the bounty hunting missions. Can anyone tell me how far I am to the end, now that I'm collecting the three magic stones for the Mornstar? I already racked in 40 hours of gameplay, which I wasn't expecting...
lenny.b
lenny.b

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by lenny.b Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:06 pm

Damn it...
lenny.b
lenny.b

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:11 am

If Ni No Kuni would have never ended and just let me run around forever, I'd be happy inside. Instead, I'm dead.

They should release some DLC bounty hunts. Give me reason to go back to work.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:45 pm

Worked on some Halo 4 last night. I think I have one or two missions left.

Also a couple of weeks ago me and a couple friends started a fifty turn game of Mario Party that we could chip away at each week. It's pretty hilarious. We are 30 turns in now. I extended my star lead last night.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by KillaAssassin11 Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:19 pm

I think I lost my copy of Halo 4. Haven't seen it since I moved a few months ago.
KillaAssassin11
KillaAssassin11

http://www.unknownconnection.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:17 am

It seems like a lot of people here will be playing Rayman Legends when that comes out. I'll be extremely jealous... I bought too many games in August so adding another one to my backlog would not be smart (´・_・`)
chocobot
chocobot
Will Eat Lizard Tails to Improve Stamina

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:34 am

THE DEUS EX THING IS COMING TO EVERYTHING! THERE IS A SANTA AFTER ALL!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:46 pm

If you're not playing the full leaked version of Ryse then you're a scrub.

Legit.

http://sebastianwiberg.se/ryse/
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:36 pm

I got Ducktales HD, and it's the same game I played with my brother as a kid, but with an easy mode so I don't end up throwing my controller through the fucking TV YAY
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 34  Next