The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+15
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
avidacridjam
Rainjar
Bannen
Motinator
KillaAssassin11
chocobot
ajapam
BretBaber
TripOpt55
pspiddy
volvocrusher
Miraculous Kaydybug
19 posters

Page 21 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 21 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by Krubixcube Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:01 am

you know what didn't help Volgin? His stupid voice actor? The Japanese one that I heard in the trailers was all deep and menacing. The American one is...nasally and just not intimidating at all. I mean, the character wouldn't have been saved by a new voice actor by any means but it certainly would have helped a little tiny bit. Making a one dimensional character at least a little bit more menacing.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:08 am

I agree, the voice work didn't help. I do think the vocal performance for The Boss was top-notch.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:10 pm

I got DmC to hold me over until Ratchet/PS4 in a couple of weeks. Hopefully it is a pretty good time.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:44 pm

DmC's a good game, just not a great one. Platforming's surprisingly good though, but between 30 FPS and really easy enemy design, don't expect something as fun as Ninja Gaiden or Bayonetta in terms of combat.

Reviewing a game called Magrunner right now. This game wants to be Portal so bad it's just sad, but the puzzles are actually pretty clever and have kind of a fun mechanic. Still not as clever as Portal though, plus there's a lot more loading and the controls are a lot clunkier.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:00 pm

I enjoyed DmC. Some really creative boss battles in that one.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:31 am

My favorite part of DmC:
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:23 pm

So far I'm enjoying DmC. Sure the enemies aren't super aggressive, but they have always leaned more towards fodder than something like Ninja Gaiden. Not worse than Batman in that regard and I find DmC's combat to be much deeper than that game's. The framerate is definitely an issue. I was just walking around and it seemed to be erratic. The platforming does seem pretty good for an action game of this type. Pretty fun so far.

I actually think Dante's design is pretty good too (much better than the initial trailer's obviously). On the other hand, Vergil's fedora (or was it a bowler?) is fucking hilarious.

Also hilarious, I tried Hotline Miami for the first time last night with some friends. I laughed a lot. And died a lot.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:35 pm

I didn't like what I played of Hotline Miami. At a certain point I realized I didn't keep playing because I wanted to figure out the best way to get through a level, it was because after I died the game didn't give me any time to think about how there's no real strategy to approach enemy encounters, it's just hoping you get lucky.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:44 pm

Hotline Miami needs some tweaking but I thought it was pretty good. It was a nice mixture of having to plan your attack along with quick reactions. The main problem I had with it was when enemies would be way out of your vision but see and shoot at you. Sections where this would tend to happen made it really difficult to really react to much I felt. There's a section where the's a fuck ton of enemies in little glass rooms along with enemy guards and dogs patrolling the outside that I kept dying to just because it was so chaotic and there was always someone somewhere who'd get me without me being able to do jack shit. Oh, and it needs to remove the bullshit cutscene stuff before the boss fights, going through them each time was retarded.

Still really excited for the second though. While I'm not sure I agree with the message in the original Hotline Miami, I'm excited to see what they do with the narrative for the sequel.

I went back to GTAV to see how the online is shaping up and holyfuck it's a disaster zone. Not only are the load times ridiculously long but everything is just broken, unbalanced and straight up shit. I haven't played it since launch when it was getting kind of stable but I jumped into the TDM mode hoping to have some fun seeing as I'm too low level to have anything good in freemode. Instead I'm greeted by enemies all using AKs etc and really good armour while I'm still just stuck with the weapons from freemode. It was a fucking slaughter, it was bad enough I could only really kill them with a couple of straight headshots but made even worse that their guns would just tear my health down in a split second. There's no fun in freemode either because the map is way too big for 16 random players, you never even cross paths with half of them.

I don't even understand how Rockstar have fucked up this much. Both the single player and the online just oozes with the shittiest of design choices (The single player suffering a LOT more from just basic gameplay design choices). I wasn't really hyped for GTAV, it was mostly a thing I bought because 'Hey, it's GTA and it might have some cool shit' but this has ended up being one of the most disappointing games in recent years.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by ajapam Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:24 am

Right now for me it's PC every second day or so, Ps3 once a week, everything else never. Though all of that will change if I get more free time and actually start playing a game (right now I'm mainly just playing Dota 2)
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:25 am

I usually rotate everything pretty well, especially with my writing gig. Really just depends on whatever's releasing though, last month my PS3 and 360 were neglected while my Wii U, PC and 3DS had all the fun while in July it was the opposite.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:13 am

Typing of the Dead Overkill is awesome. Spiddy needs to get the sand out of his vagina. Assassin's Creed 3 is an abomination. That is all.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:39 am

I got NieR's ending B. It took only 5 hours being overleveled and invincible, but holy fuck those 5 hours are painful they make being overpowered and invincible feel horrible. Gonna try to get ending C while i wait for Drakengard 1 and 2 to come in the mail.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:40 am

pspiddy wrote:Does GTAV have the equivalent of the grappling hook in JC2? If so, I'm soooo down for some game nights!
You kidding me? That'd make the game actually fun and take away from Rockstars goal of GRITTY REALISM GRRRR (Despite, like, everything else around you that's completely stupid). So nope, no fun grappling hooks, only realism.

When you're playing online you can select a taunt to use like swearing or saluting etc etc. There's one for smoking. If you smoke, you lose health. Fucking, why.

Kay, you should go for all the endings. I know something about the last one and it sounds pretty awesome. Everytime someone mentions NIER I feel like giving it another shot but I just don't think I can drag myself through it all again for a story I know a fair bit about.

ajapam wrote: (right now I'm mainly just playing Dota 2)
Abandon ship mayn, abandon ship. I'm still waiting for them to fix the matchmaking because it's CLEARLY broken - http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=108285&s=dc03478438e23bdd2f28af0db6247220

Also the whole Diretide incident with scumfuck Valve. Maybe they'll actually respond to their fans for once instead of trying to sell them shitty fucking cosmetics - https://i.imgur.com/x2EvfiK.jpg
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:10 am

I'd say I'm 80% PC these days, then PS3 and DS the other 20%. But DS has become less frequent lately.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:52 pm

Not playing much of anything lately due to studying. Mostly I've been on Wii U because of Wind Waker, with some PS3 thrown in. Probably won't do any PC gaming until Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky releases on Steam.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:52 am

I've been doing pretty good, playing my PS3 at least once a week. Mostly NHL 14. Looking forward to the Bioshock Infinite DLC though
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:22 am

Watching a Let's Play of Beyond: Two Souls...where's the GAME in this...game? I'm not saying every game has to be fun but just...make a movie. Even Kojima reluctantly hands us back the controller every once in a while.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:49 am

Did anyone have slow download/install speeds on Dragon's Dogma? That fucking thing took nearly 3 hours to install, which was the same amount that it took to download. Once it got to 90-100%, it took its sweet fucking time.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:24 pm

You were a terrible person long before that.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:01 pm

Well I did put the Spider-Man one on my wall so thanks for them.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:08 am

I want a picture book!!!! ;_;. You can make it about Krubixcube the pretentious, monocle wearing vagabond!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next