The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+15
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
avidacridjam
Rainjar
Bannen
Motinator
KillaAssassin11
chocobot
ajapam
BretBaber
TripOpt55
pspiddy
volvocrusher
Miraculous Kaydybug
19 posters

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 24 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by Rainjar Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:20 pm

Can't... Stop... Playing... Persona 4...

I am fucking LOVING this game. I'm only about 12-13 hours in but I've been playing it every chance I get. I've spent the past 2 nights sitting in bed playing it for hours upon hours straight, then playing it on the bus, then playing it on my work break.

The gameplay itself doesn't seem too bad, it's just actually navigating the dungeons that seem kinda shitty. I'm still only in the first one so I'm hoping that'll change. One thing I really like is how everything seems to have a point. There's no random ass shit, it all benefits you in some awesome way which makes everything really tempting to try out worth as well as adding a nice amount of weight to your actions due to the time restrictions.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:17 pm

Well the "gameplay" of the persona games is admittedly 75% reading, but it's interesting and addictive reading so hey, no complaints here. I'd love if they released Persona 4 Golden for PS3 or something eventually as I have no intention of buying a Vita anytime soon *sigh*

Also, alright Kay, you've sold me to at least throw it on the wishlist. If it comes down in price I'll give it a stab and let you know what I think.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:04 am

Holy heebly jeebly. The last bosses of cave story are kicking my ass...damn.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:38 am

Tried playing a bit more NBA2K13. After my players started missing easy lay-ups, failed to grab about 10 consecutive rebounds, and somehow had the ball stolen from them by an opponent facing the other direction, I decided to give up and review the game. Keep in mind, all of this stuff starts to happen EVERY SINGLE TIME you have a chance to take the lead

This is my review
Now Playing - Page 24 Image211

I'd appreciate the attempt to make each game excited if it wasn't done in such an annoying way. I don't even feel bad for doing this
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:19 am

Krubixcube wrote:

Also, alright Kay, you've sold me to at least throw it on the wishlist. If it comes down in price I'll give it a stab and let you know what I think.
Just dont go in expecting too much from the gameplay. NieR is amazing but none of its amazing elements come from the gameplay. Its all in the narrative, and soundtrack
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:05 am

Got so...god damn close on those last bosses. No mid-boss check points. Just 4 hard boss battles in a row, eh cave story? I SEE YOUR GAME
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:36 am

I played the console version and enjoyed it. I don't think that it's anywhere near Batman quality, but if you like Spider-Man enough it's worth a play-through. Web swinging is different. It's better because the camera moves like how it would actually feel, but worse because your webs don't actually attach to anything.

I think Beenox is putting in a pretty good effort with these games. Apparently they're doing something crazy with web-swinging in the next one. I'd be so happy if it's on par with the recent Batmans.
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:36 am

I think the pricing of downloadable content (across all mediums) really needs to be retooled. Books, and PSN classics come particularly to mind.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:59 am

Any luck with those last bosses in Cave Story, Twolf? If so... HOW DID YOU DO IT? As much as I loved that game those bosses were just too much for me and I gave up.
chocobot
chocobot
Will Eat Lizard Tails to Improve Stamina

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:42 am

PSN classics pricing seem right to me for the most part. Paying $10 for Final Fantasy VII, IX, and Metal Gear Solid makes me feel like I'm ripping them off.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:33 pm

I just wish they'd have better sales on PSN. Something just feels off when I can buy a game released in the past year or so on Steam or GOG or whatever for like £5 or whatever then you go onto PSN for their sales and barely anything has gotten cheaper and the PS1/PS2 games still cost £8.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:36 pm

I wish they'd keep updating the PS1 classics. They haven't added a good game in a while. They're one of my only hopes to ever getting my hands onto Dragon Quest VII.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:44 pm

Working on a Challenge mode run on Ratchet now. I'm still playing Resogun and Killzone. I started NSMB2 too. It seems okay. I never really go for coins too much in Mario except for special ones. That might sound weird, but I like to play really fast. So with the focus on getting coins, I find myself stopping for blocks and stuff more often which feels weird. Stuff like gold shells leaving a trail of coins is neat though.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:53 pm

If you loaned it to me, I'd disappear off of here and your life.

Thanks for the offer, but I'll just hope and wait for a release date someday. It'll probably never happen, but I can dream. Also, I heard that game is super long, so I'd probably have it for a super long amount of time. I know they're releasing a 3DS version, I just wish Square-Enix would release games like this for the Vita.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:22 pm

I don't call it Dragon Warrior either. Probably because the first game in the series I played was Dragon Quest VIII. I'm pretty disappointed the new one is going to WiiU and Wii (I believe Wii any ways). Would have been awesome to have on the PS4 or PS3. I get that they always pick the system that is selling the best, but I think they jumped the gun with Wii/WiiU. Maybe it is different in Japan though.

Also, power has been restored. 66 hours I was without internet, so therefore I had no reason to live.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:38 pm

I don't have you on Steam spiddy?! Madness
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:25 am

It's ok, we talked on Steam today and filled the void.

I've been replaying Bioshock instead of being useful and finishing my backlog like the last act (I assume) of The Witcher 2. But The Witcher 2, despite how much everyone praises it is a lot of busywork quests let's be honest. Interesting story, but padded like a mother fucker.

"This person's sick, and you better believe that we're going to send you through a ringer to get all 5 ingredients for her cure!"

TEN HOURS LATER! "You cured her! Good job"
Me: "She was sick? That's why I was doing all this? OH YEAH!"

Kind of kills the story momentum a bit when it keeps sending me to do busywork.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:31 am

chocobot wrote:Any luck with those last bosses in Cave Story, Twolf? If so... HOW DID YOU DO IT? As much as I loved that game those bosses were just too much for me and I gave up.
YES! I did. And I actually do have a strategy if you ever go back to it. It requires 2 things.

1. Lvl 3 missile launcher
2. Life Jar Thingy

So the first boss you just get better at, pretty easy to avoid attacks and when you DO get hit just farm the little bats because they drop health and don't beat her until you're full or near-full health.

first stage of the doctor always FUCKED me up. So I just would boost over his little wave attack and then SPAM HIS ASS WITH MISSILES! Using this strategy I could beat him in about...10 seconds. Trying to beat him legit always took about 20-25 health from me so fuck that.

The next stage isn't so bad if you really go after him. He jumps you retreat a few steps, hit him with gun, repeat ad-naseum.

Then the demon core thing, beat the little helpers then open up on the thing. The helper that spawns the orange monster and fires ze missiles at you technically wont do that unless you shoot her first. That's what the guides say. But if you play anything like I do then you will be shooting everywhere and screaming while you do so, so chances of not hitting her are slim. So when you do, farm her little minions as best you can then kill her because the missiles are annoying. Then...just learn the attacks. Jump from platform to platform until its face opens then blast it. Just be careful when it starts doing "shoot the big white laser" down the middle...attack. That thing will fuck you up. There's no particular strategy but save your life jar for this as you can heal yourself in a pinch.

So yes, I did it, but it took about 15 tries. Good luck!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:52 pm

I just got Splinter Cell Blacklist for PS3 via Gamefly so I can finally play that after the 360 fiasco and also Tearaway is coming now. The PS4 games weren't being sent to me and I didn't want the trial thing to go to waste. Hopefully I'll be able to get a hold of them in December.

By the way do Vita games save to the memory card or the game card itself? I've never really looked into this. I will buy Tearaway eventually, but wondering if I will still have my save from this rental experiement.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:58 pm

They save to the memory card. I used to have to change out my memory card every time I wanted to play P4G, since my saves were all on the 4 GB card and my games were all on the 32GB
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:03 pm

Ah thanks. That is what I figured and is good news. Now I can play this on release and if I feel like sending it back for something else I can always maybe clean up collectibles with a bought copy later or something.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:43 pm

Tearaway has been getting really good reviews. This and Ratchet are two of the games I want for Christmas. Someday I'm going to have to take my save file from Uncharted and move it to my 16 GB card so I can finish up the 8 trophies I have for it.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:51 am

I'd buy Tearaway right now if it weren't for this Criterion Collection sale at Barnes & Noble. When its over, I have to focus on Christmas gifts.

I bought my rental copy of The Last of Us from Gamefly. The disc was in great condition and I got it for $41. The case and inserts came in Monday.

Right now I'm trying out the TuneIn app for the Vita. It's an internet radio/podcast app like Stitcher. It's working just fine right now. I'm listening to the Kevin & Bean show on KROQ. I'm used to the podcast version.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next