The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+15
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
avidacridjam
Rainjar
Bannen
Motinator
KillaAssassin11
chocobot
ajapam
BretBaber
TripOpt55
pspiddy
volvocrusher
Miraculous Kaydybug
19 posters

Page 23 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 23 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by Rainjar Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:15 pm

Just bought a PS Vita with LBP, Wipeout, Virtue's Last Reward, and some other game I saw that looked kinda neat called Persona 4. I'm hoping it'll be okay, I have never ever heard of this 'Persona' game before and have totally not had someone go on about it ALL FUCKING YEAR to the point that my entire reason of purchasing a Vita is just for that game because that would be very silly. I have only run into one major spoiler for this game which is sad but it could be worse.

Seriously though, P4 better be like the most legit shit ever or someone owes me £200.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:38 pm

I bought Persona 4 because of all the praise people on here gave it. I didn't like it. The story and characters are great, but the gameplay I didn't really like at all.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:46 pm

You strike me as more of an early Persona person, rainjar. Assuming you can put up with the stupid encounter rate, that is. I hope you enjoy 4, though
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:20 pm

Huh. I don't actually know anything about them besides seeing bits of 3 and 4. I saw a friend playing 3 years ago and I hated it but my opinions have changed quite drastically since then. I almost watched the anime about 4 but quit a few eps in because I'm a fucking idiot (Although a damn lucky one because now I get to actually play the game). Maybe I'll check out the early ones afterwards then, Ajapam.

I haven't even begun playing 4 yet. Part of me is waiting until the it's later at night and quieter so I can enjoy it more but the other half is terrified that I'll end up really disliking it and die instantly from buyers remorse.

Mostly been playing the engaging game of customizing my PS Vita. The best part about getting a shiny new gadget is always toying around with all the settings and options.

Last edited by Rainjar on Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:28 pm

I finished Ratchet & Clank Into the Nexus and fans are really going to enjoy this game. It is shorter than a full game, but longer than Quest for Booty (I didn't time it but 6-7 hours that people have been saying seems about right) and a lot more replay value (challenge mode and a second set of upgrades for weapons with it plus more stuff to collect). Really feels like classic Ratchet with some cool new elements. The Clank levels are neat and don't overstay their welcome and there is a jetpack ability that allows battles to happen in the air plus some gravity stuff. There are a few new weapons, plus twists on old ones. There is this one level where you collect things kind of like Leviathon souls or the older games' equivalent, but you unlock stuff part way through that allow you to explore more of the level. Kind of neat. I really loved this game.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:44 pm

Persona 4 is more of a visual novel than an RPG, especially Golden since they nerfed the difficulty AND made it easier to break. Don't get me wrong its still an RPG, but the social aspects of the game are a much bigger part of it than combat. It's a good visual novel a really good visual novel, but kind of a mediocre RPG. It's still my favorite game though, the original anyways. Golden added a lot to story but took so much away from the combat. I honest can't decide which one is better and it drives me crazy.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Krubixcube Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:30 pm

I'd agree with Kay's assessment. It's a game that is admittedly not horribly engaging in the gameplay department but I was very drawn in to.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:56 am

Played the first level and novel section of Virtue's Last Reward, has no English dub only subs. I can't tell if the writing is just bad or the localisation is just the shittiest thing ever. I'm leaning more towards it being the latter.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:46 pm

Ooooh now I really want Into the Nexus, thanks Trip! Glad that's how it turned out.

I played Buried at Sea, the Bioshock Infinite DLC, last night. Probably took like two hours. I didn't think it would be tied to the main storyline so much. I really need to replay the whole game, because I really have no idea what's going on. Elizabeth is badass now.
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:40 pm

I'm very much looking forward to playing Ratchet. If it wasn't for a PS4 I would have definitely got it day 1. Glad to know that it turned out so well. Good villain?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:31 pm

I dont really think Burial at Sea is like tied to the main story at all. Though its ending spoils the main games ending. They seem like completely separate timelines
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:00 pm

i got a shiny skrelp once too bad it was an egg that i didnt hatch or know was shiny till i gave it away
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:54 pm

Burial at Sea strikes me as something that's not great value-for-money wise. True or false?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:57 pm

BretBaber wrote:I'm very much looking forward to playing Ratchet.  If it wasn't for a PS4 I would have definitely got it day 1.  Glad to know that it turned out so well.  Good villain?
I like the villains. I think if anything gets hurt from the shorter runtime it might be the story just because their isn't as much time to develop those new characters, but it is still a fun time and I was happy to see some of the Future characters return for this outing. There is a nice look back at the series in a cool sort of way included here too that I know the R&C fans like you and Mot will get a kick out of.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:42 am

Krubixcube wrote:Burial at Sea strikes me as something that's not great value-for-money wise. True or false?
I think it depends on how good the other episodes are. I dont think its worth it if you just buy it for $15, but for $20 you can get the season pass, but at the same time if the latter episodes end up sucking i dunno

I like it a quite a bit, but $15 is a steep price to pay for 3 hours of content.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:54 am

How long is Bioshock Infinite's main game? I always wonder what people expect when they pay a quarter of the price (or whatever) of the game for a piece of DLC. Is a quarter of the playtime adequate? Does the scale slide as the price lowers? Does it just matter how good it is?
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:10 am

I'd say about 12 hours for it. So for a $15 piece to be 2-3 isn't that bad. Still waiting for it to go on sale though before I jump on that.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:34 am

It's not that bad, but i think $15 a little steep. It does some new things with the gameplay. Theres a bigger focus on stealth, and you can in many areas get through without killing anything if youre careful.

Ammo and money are more scarce, and healing items dont heal as much. You keep all the weapons you find, and plasmids/vigors have been rebalanced some cost less, and they added a new one that freezes. That said none of that matters once you get the Radar Range. Its broken as fuck and makes enemies explode dealing AoE damage to everything around them.

and minor spoilers

Spoiler:
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:57 am

I don't know...it is a weird one. Purely psychological trickery. $60 for the game new didn't really phase me because I was REALLY anticipating it and i figured I pay $18 for a movie (here) so $60 for 13 hours wasn't outrageous and I definitely want to play it again. But $15 for 2-3 hours makes me scoff...the mind is a mysterious thing.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:09 am

Yeah I understand where you are coming from was just kind of curious what your thoughts were.

On a somewhat related note, I started a Gamefly trial. Was kind of curious if there was a game I missed in 2013 that I should give a go? You guys know me so something you think I might enjoy. Figure I might be able to clean up some stuff before my year end award blog for more thoroughness. Was thinking of Bioshock Infinite possibly which is why I ask.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:13 am

I don't know if you'd love Inifinite, but if you're renting it then I'd say there's no reason for you NOT to try it.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:15 am

I think you'd like Bioshock Infinite Trip, but not quite love it. It's not the best shooter mechanically, but it's pretty good and the story and world are good enough that they make up for it. Really it's worth playing for the ending. You won't be able to think about anything else for days.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:22 am

Yeah liking it would certainly suffice. The plan is to get a couple PS4 games first to mess around with, but I don't know how that will go because of newness and availability, so this might be good to fall back on for now. If you guys think of anything else, let me know.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:35 am

As much as I love Infinite i really can't look at it's story the same way anymore after playing NieR. The games are very similar thematically, and NieR just hits on everything so much better in ways that have a much bigger impact on the player, and it's 3 years older and built on a much smaller budget.

That said you kind of have to play both to completion (and probably get NieR's ending D) to understand what im saying.

Last edited by Kayshire Cat on Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:29 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : i edited the wrong post)
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:56 am

So I'd have to play through it and get a specific ending to see why? =p Sounds like WORK!

You know what's one thing that's been bugging me lately playing The Witcher 2? What happened to RPGs being brief. It seems like RPGs have become synonymous with time sinks. I do a quest where I have to get an item bring it back. In itself, a pain in the ass because you're doing a lot of running through dead areas. No platforming, no real combat just...runnin'. Then I bring back the item and they're liek "Well, this item isn't good enough, go get another one."

Now, I'm no fool I see exactly what they're doing. "LET'S MAKE THE GAME LONGER, YAAAAAY" but it just makes me scream because why the fuck did you waste my time getting that other item in the first place? It's like when you have a stealth section in a game and then the end result of sneaking perfectly through that section is that your character gets caught as part of the story. But if you get caught in the stealth mission, you fail.

That's why Chrono Trigger is one of my favorite RPGs. Playing the whole thing, with all the sidequests to completion takes 30 hours. And it keeps me engaged and focused the whole time instead of being. "SO MAIN STORY...but wait, 10 billion sidequests that involve fetching items/killing things!"

I think fans demand so much content out of RPGs that developers have started padding them by default.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:11 am

Well the requirement for said ending is to get all the weapons in the game and go through NG+ twice. (New Game+ starts from the last 3-5 hours of the game so its not that bad) Getting some of the weapons is a fucking pain in the ass though. One you need to beat an enemy with an impossibly low spawn rate, and ugh.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:13 am

Given the other rant on my last post...this sounds right up my alley.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:24 am

Games about 15-20 hours for the first run +6-10 for 2 new game plus's. New game plus also gives new scenes and stuff and kind of gives you a new outlook on whats happening.

Not the best gameplaywise but its narrative more than makes up for it. Also copies run about $5-10 used these days.

EDIT: Also its worth playing for the sound track alone

Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next