The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+15
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
avidacridjam
Rainjar
Bannen
Motinator
KillaAssassin11
chocobot
ajapam
BretBaber
TripOpt55
pspiddy
volvocrusher
Miraculous Kaydybug
19 posters

Page 16 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 16 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:18 pm

I can not stress this enough DO NOT PLAY THE COD ON VITA. It's literally the worst handheld game ive ever touched.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:21 pm

I kind of wish Resistance Vita would go free on Plus. I thought the demo was okay and controlled well if it was all a little ho-hum.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by BretBaber Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:42 pm

But Kay, I have to see why it is so bad. It is supposedly so shitty that I need to try it.

I've wanted the same thing Trip! They give you some of the best games Vita has to offer (Uncharted and Gravity Rush) yet they can't give you a pooper that no one wants to touch. Part of me thinks that is why they gave us Uncharted and Gravity Rush, because they knew most Vita owners already had it.

You should get on Killzone pspiddy, it's a really good game and I like how all of your kills in single player transfer to multiplayer. If we do play it together at some point, don't be one of those penises sitting back trying to snipe that contributes nothing. Unless you're sniping people trying to unlock vanguards.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:47 pm

its worth 5 bucks or if you get it on PS+. It is kind of hilariously bad, but i'd really advise against spending anymore. Its controls are so bad i couldnt get past the third mission, and I'm apparently good at shooters. Single player modes anyways.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:52 pm

Unless it is a game I really want, I always hope for a PS+ freebie. Maybe someday they'll do just that. My luck though it'll just continue to be games I already have.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:11 am

BretBaber wrote:volvo, today at work I thought about you as I put out a new Pokemon 3DS.  They were blue and red and had some Pokemon on them.  It wasn't Psyduck though, and he's the Pokemon that owns my heart.
Lol, even I have trouble remembering Xerneas and Yveltal's names, I mean, those are pretty damn bad. Whatever happened to Lugia and Zapdos? Those were awesome names. I actually used a Psyduck the first time I played Diamond and Pearl. He served me well, great variety of moves and Golduck's a great evolution. Probably wouldn't have beat the Elite 4 without him even though Gengar was my MVP.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:15 am

volvocrusher wrote: Cool. But I do and think there's a lot more to them than people give them credit for because they only take it at face value and don't look deeper into the mechanics or context within the universe.
Have you ever played Planescape Torment?

volvocrusher wrote:Frankly though, I really don't want to get into a thing here. But Rainjar, you really need to stop being so condescending.
Now Playing - Page 16 KRwsrfK

Like this?

pspiddy wrote:

Also, DUDEABOOS UNITE! Or did we decide on Weeabros?
We need to make a Weeabros UNITE image.

Kayshire Cat wrote:I can not stress this enough DO NOT PLAY THE COD ON VITA. It's literally the worst handheld game ive ever touched.
I thought not playing it was the rule when it came to CoD in general.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:04 am

Dudeaboos, weeabros, weeadudes, broaboos, it's all good.

Lovin' Wind Waker HD. Wind Waker is my second or third favorite Zelda (behind Twilight Princess and sometimes A Link to the Past). I couldn't help myself and shelled out 50 bucks for an eShop card to buy it. And yet, I still want the physical collectors edition. SMH. Also hoping it leads to a Twilight Princess HD.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:29 am

Rainjar wrote:As much as a masochist as I may be, I am not enough of one to subject myself to modern Bioware games after ME2. They've dumb downed and held back story telling in video games for at least a generation combined with mediocre gameplay.

But if activating sing along mode with your waifu was the best part of gaming this year then good for you.
Hahahaha...oh, you're being serious.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:23 pm

Krubixcube wrote:
Rainjar wrote:As much as a masochist as I may be, I am not enough of one to subject myself to modern Bioware games after ME2. They've dumb downed and held back story telling in video games for at least a generation combined with mediocre gameplay.

But if activating sing along mode with your waifu was the best part of gaming this year then good for you.
Hahahaha...oh, you're being serious.
Now Playing - Page 16 ME2_DialogueWheel

Yeah, I am.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:02 pm

Low budget games aimed towards a relatively small audience vs big budget games that have to make a ton of money to be profitable... Shit happens when you become successful and get bought by EA, the publisher who thought Dead Space 3 would sell more copies than the rest of the series combined for no apparent reason. This happens all across the board and Bioware has dealt with it better than most. The increased freedom and detail in old RPGs is cool, but to expect that in modern mainstream games is unrealistic. The costs outweigh the benefits

It always annoys me when people rate a game based on how complex it's RPG aspects are, too. PC elitists pull that one all the time and it drives me nuts. A game might be clunky as hell and have terrible level design, but it's great because you can level up your swimming ability for those 5 minutes of the game where swimming might actually have a point. Now, a lot of games ARE good because they offer more options like that, but there's nothing wrong with enjoying a game that offers something else. Honestly, the universe of Mass Effect drew me to the series more than anything in the gameplay.

Also, your picture on the left: Investigate, investigate, investigate, paragon, renegade, hostile, investigate, investigate, neutral. And none of this is storytelling
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:34 pm

Hey just going to chime in and say that laughing at someone's opinion is a real pet peeve of mine and I don't want to see it again. It is what you essentially did to start all this Rainjar and then Twolf obviously did it as well which is only slightly less bad when using the "he started it" defense. It's a terrible way to respond to someone, completely disrespectful, and kills any potential discussion from the get-go.

It is okay to take issue with people's GotY picks or any other opinion. But approach it in a mature way and it could actually spark a worthwhile discussion. Don't cut it off before it starts. Explain your stance while respecting the other's opinions. It's totally possible. Ajapam's response here is a good example. It looks like there is a good discussion to have about the direction rpgs or Bioware's games have gone (a discussion that God knows I know nothing about), it would suck for it to go by the wayside because we don't know how to carry on a mature discussion.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:24 pm

God I am jealous San Andreas. But I know holding out for the CE is the right move. I just really want WW HD in my Wii U already! TP HD would be cool also. As hard as I am on the game, I'd still buy it day one no questions asked.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:15 pm

I finished Super Mario 3D Land and got all the big coins. I was a little disappointed by the length. It felt like there should be more levels per world. I'm not sure I like the swimming from 2D being transferred over either. I get why and there wasn't a lot of it, but it didn't feel right. Otherwise, there were some really clever level designs. The perspective didn't hurt things too much in my opinion. And it still felt like more of a platformer than the non-Galaxy 3D Marios which always felt a bit like platformer/adventure hybrids. That is fine, but as I've said many times, not exactly what I wanted when Mario transitioned to 3D. It's not as good as the Galaxies, but I really liked it more than I thought based on the demo I played a long while back.

What's the deal with the second run? Is it like a harder version or something? I guess I have to try it, but it isn't exactly what I wanted to replace having more levels. Maybe it will change my mind when I delve in.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:17 pm

I may do something dumb, but not unprecedented for me. I may go ahead and buy the physical CE next week. I just couldn't wait for the game. But hell, I've already spent $100 for Wind Waker ($50 in 2003, $50 for the eShop card) so what's a little more?

Yes, it's dumb. #DealWithIt. Smile
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:19 pm

Actually the second run is basically more levels. Some of them are remixes like Galaxy's green stars but there's a lot of original levels too. Harder also.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:22 pm

volvocrusher wrote:Actually the second run is basically more levels. Some of them are remixes like Galaxy's green stars but there's a lot of original levels too. Harder also.
Ahhh... that is a good deal actually.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:08 am

Haven't played much lately but I decided to give Digimon World Re:Digitize another try. I'm actually understanding what's going on a lot better now. Some of the game mechanics still confuse me, like training my Digimon and stuff... and Agumon is always hungry and it pisses me off. It's also really stressful running for the toilet when he has to poo.. But the point is, my japanese is decent enough to struggle through a kids game now, so yay, progress!
chocobot
chocobot
Will Eat Lizard Tails to Improve Stamina

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:13 pm

Just checking in. Still playing DOTA 2 like a crazy person. Over 120 hours played and counting! Played against someone with a Swastika as his avatar. Haven't been that disgusted in a long time. I reported him, but he won... that Nazi bastard.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:26 pm

What characters do you main? I've quit for now but I'll probably end up going back to it, especially if they ever decide to fix the bullshit 50% winrate for everyone matchmaking.

I remember when a friend of mine use to set his avatar on Playfire to multiple disgusting murderers and horrific leaders yet nobody complained until he set one as Hitler. Funny people.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:49 pm

I don't really have a main, but I really like playing as Kunkka, Witch Doctor and Razor. I am 7-0 with Drow Ranger, and I really like playing her, but she is so damn cheap. I actually don't ever play on All Pick, so I never really get to choose people I like. I do Single Draft, All Random, Random Draft and Least Played. Maybe I'm just not very good, but I hate playing All Pick, because you fight the same heroes all the damn time... especially considering I usually play by myself, I usually don't stand a chance if I get matched with a group of 5 that has their squad predetermined before the game starts. The other game modes make people step outside of their comfort zones, which I think is more fun. My Steam ID is TheMattV1, so if you ever wanna play let me know!
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:16 pm

TripOpt55 wrote:Hey just going to chime in and say that laughing at someone's opinion is a real pet peeve of mine and I don't want to see it again. It is what you essentially did to start all this Rainjar and then Twolf obviously did it as well which is only slightly less bad when using the "he started it" defense. It's a terrible way to respond to someone, completely disrespectful, and kills any potential discussion from the get-go.

It is okay to take issue with people's GotY picks or any other opinion. But approach it in a mature way and it could actually spark a worthwhile discussion. Don't cut it off before it starts. Explain your stance while respecting the other's opinions. It's totally possible. Ajapam's response here is a good example. It looks like there is a good discussion to have about the direction rpgs or Bioware's games have gone (a discussion that God knows I know nothing about), it would suck for it to go by the wayside because we don't know how to carry on a mature discussion.
Just for the record, I'm not laughing at his opinion, I'm laughing because he made a huge statement without backing it up. Maybe it was living in England for so long but, I don't know, you laugh things off. It's not malicious.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:28 pm

I think Bill and Ted say it best...

No need to be dicks. EXCELLENT!
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:35 pm

Meanwhile our conversations go more like this

volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:20 am

Man, my american bank account is out of money so...no new games for a while. Will just have to keep chipping away at my backlog.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:22 pm

TheMatt wrote:I don't really have a main, but I really like playing as Kunkka, Witch Doctor and Razor. I am 7-0 with Drow Ranger, and I really like playing her, but she is so damn cheap. I actually don't ever play on All Pick, so I never really get to choose people I like. I do Single Draft, All Random, Random Draft and Least Played. Maybe I'm just not very good, but I hate playing All Pick, because you fight the same heroes all the damn time... especially considering I usually play by myself, I usually don't stand a chance if I get matched with a group of 5 that has their squad predetermined before the game starts. The other game modes make people step outside of their comfort zones, which I think is more fun. My Steam ID is TheMattV1, so if you ever wanna play let me know!
Drow can be fun to play because she's simple. She isn't as cheap as low levels make her out to be, assuming she didn't snowball heavily in the early game if you get in close she's still squishy and doesn't do much damage. I honestly find Viper much more scary to be matched against, especially in the laning phase, than Drow because of his poison.

You should try out Enchantress when you can, she's fucking brilliant. You got free EZ jungling with your W, you got self and team heals with E, you got a Q that slows people loads if they hit you, and your ultimate is hilarious because it does more damage the further an enemy runs. An enemy will run at you, you do enough damage to them for them to decide attacking is a bad idea so they run away then as they're running your attacks are just gaining more and more damage in flight.

Yeah All Pick is shit. Me and a friend just played Single Draft mostly. Sure, I'll eventually reinstall it and get hooked again no doubt so if you're still playing then we can have a few games.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:55 am

I'm back to Puppeteer and chipping away at the Mario's second run thing-y or whatever it is. It's quite cool.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Krubixcube Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:55 am

I have a couple of those lo-fi indy type games stacked up in my backlog (along with Ni No Kuni on the DS...) so I suppose i'll work on those along with my current playthrough of Mass Effect. Of the following lo-fi indy game type things which should I play?

Cave Story+
Cthulu Saves the World
FEZ
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next