The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+8
avidacridjam
pspiddy
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
chocobot
Miraculous Kaydybug
ajapam
12 posters

Page 19 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 19 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by TripOpt55 Fri May 15, 2015 10:46 pm

I have been trying to lean it against my leg and it isn't a great solution. I can tolerate the air segments. I kind of feel like the camera controls (on the ground) would suck no matter what, but I am going to try and find a stand-like solution.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun May 17, 2015 12:51 pm

Final Fantasy X was never super high up on my favorite FF lists but replaying it now on the HD version, it's moving up.

Replayed FFVIII...didn't hold up, FFIX had great atmosphere but some issues in the battle system. X is just...pretty solid. And the story (despite the still horrible voice acting) kind of hits a lot of the right beats and is interesting and the world is cool. And god damn, I just love the Sphere Grid, it's just as addictive as it was back then. FFX is moving up the ranks.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sun May 17, 2015 1:16 pm

I'm playing the PS4 version of FFX. I've always considered FFX one of the better games in the series, but FFXII completely eclipsed it on PS2 for me. I wish there was a HD remaster of FFXII on the way.

I also picked up Freedom Wars on my Vita TV since it's part of the big flash sale going on and is available for less than 5 bucks. That flash sale is actually pretty good (Ni no Kuni and Okami, two of my all-time favorite games, are on it), but Freedom Wars is the only game on sale that I didn't already have that I wanted.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun May 17, 2015 4:13 pm

I want to give XII another try, I feel I might like it a LOT more now than when I first played it. But as my first gen PS3 eats discs now and I can't find my PS2...that wont happen for a while.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue May 19, 2015 3:08 pm

Slowly working my way through Saint's Row IV. My favorite part has become just jumping around the city or some of the jumping/running missions. There are some goofy main missions that are fun too and I still have had some laughs, but just like 3, enemy encounters are so lazy. They just throw a fuckton of enemies around you and that is it with maybe a big bullet sponge at the end for extra fun. Some missions become a slog because of this.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Tue May 19, 2015 5:07 pm

I got tired of SR4 for that exact reason. I'm still waiting for a sandbox game with consistently good missions. They're always so dull

I've been playing NHL 04 recently. Yep. I have no patience for anything else and there's a ridiculous mod that updates the rosters, AI, and interface. It makes it incredibly hard on medium but it forces you to play more realistically which is cool. It's a really impressive add-on to what was already one of the best EA hockey games.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue May 19, 2015 11:09 pm

I really liked NHL 2K3. Other than that, my favorite hockey game was NHL '95. Now I spend so much time on FIFA every year, I had to stop buying hockey games. To fully commit to a sports game, you can only have one in your life.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Wed May 20, 2015 12:20 am

It's too bad EA's the only company making major hockey games now. 2K3 was one of the first games I played on PS2 and it was a lot better than EA's games at the time. I think EA overtook them eventually but they've gotten lazy since (15 launched without a whole bunch of major features.) Plus NHL Hitz was great arcade fun. Seeing what 2K's done with their NBA franchise gives me hope for what they could do, but I don't think they care
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed May 20, 2015 3:07 am

Started up Life is Strange Episode 3. Pretty good, but a little lacking in the awesome music that accounts for 50% of why I love the game. So hopefully they ratchet that up a bit.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed May 20, 2015 9:32 am

Pretty sure they make 2K hockey games for mobile, but who wants to play that there? I just remember 2K3 being so awesome, first game I remembering doing poke checks, battles on the boards, and just cycling the puck was real nice.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu May 21, 2015 4:01 am

TripOpt55 wrote:Started up Life is Strange Episode 3. Pretty good, but a little lacking in the awesome music that accounts for 50% of why I love the game. So hopefully they ratchet that up a bit.

its ending is a total mind fuck i cant really say whether its in a good or bad way till episode 4 comes, but my god it threw me for a loop. You get a song if you stay on Chloes bed after crashing at her place, and it has one in the epilogue otherwise it doesnt have much of the indie tracks you like

it had a few moments i really enjoyed and i thought it was good throughout but the ending could go either way it could be brilliant, and it could end up ruining it. i have more faith in the former considering how the rest of the game went though
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu May 21, 2015 5:18 pm

Yeah I just got to the part in Chloe's room last night. Bright Eyes! I like the original score too (it is composed by one of those indie artists). Anyway, I will probably finish the episode tonight. If you want to make a thread to discuss it you can or I will when I finish this episode.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun May 24, 2015 9:56 am

I am just catching up on Life is Strange now. It sort of puts those Telltale games to shame. I don't know if it has an advantage, because it gets to be an original story and doesn't have to jam all sorts of fan service into it... but just on the technical aspects alone its so much better. I haven't had a single graphical hitch. It runs smooth, the soundtrack is great and the slowdown mechanic gives you a lot of fun gameplay options. I'm hoping to play through episode 3 this morning, but have nothing but good things to say about the first two episodes.

I also picked up Puzzle and Dragons Z: The Super Mario Edition for 3DS. Its a pretty sweet package. You basically get two separate games in one. The Mario Edition is supposedly a lot easier than the proper Puzzle and Dragons, but its a good way to get you familiar with the main game with all the Mario charm. I definitely recommend it if you're looking for a good puzzler/time waster.

I have been waiting for a sale for Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One and it was $30 last week so I jumped. It had been $60 ever since I got my Xbone. Its basically the formula of Burnout Paradise, but its a lot more realistic driving and the events are all different variations of races. Its a huge game though. I've put 8 hours into it and it says I'm only at 7% completion. The online is like Burnout. It's basically is the Freeburn system... but it looks like you can do single player events too... which is really neat.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun May 24, 2015 2:26 pm

Just finished Episode 3 of Life is Strange. That ending!!! I marathoned the first three episodes this weekend and now I have to wait until July for Episode 4!?! Pretty good stuff though. Definitely want to see where it goes.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon May 25, 2015 7:23 pm

Beat Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. Best way to describe it would be to say that I had fun, but made no attempt to go after any of the challenge rooms. A decent game, but nowhere near on par with Canvas Curse. Gonna send it back for Splatoon.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon May 25, 2015 10:36 pm

Can you tell me what makes CC better? Just curious. I have heard from several people that it was much better than Rainbow Curse, but am curious why. I am hoping it controls a little better. I found the setup in RC to be a bit finicky at times. Also are there copy abilities in CC? I think I heard that maybe.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon May 25, 2015 10:56 pm

There are copy abilities, plus the level design is varied in more interesting ways. Think Yoshi's Island vs the DS/3DS sequels. Also you can tap enemies to stun them and blocks to break them which is much more efficient
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue May 26, 2015 3:16 am

Sounds good. It doesn't seem to be rentable at Gamefly which is a bummer.

I finished up Saints Row IV. There are a lot of things that annoyed me along the way, but I had so much fun it really made those issues feel kind of minor. The game is so funny and I ended up really enjoying the powers, so much so that I was kind of annoyed when I lost them at certain points... haha. You get used to having them. There is a chain reaction thing with one of the blast powers that was crazy. I liked how ridiculously overpowered I felt by the end. Very good game.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Tue May 26, 2015 10:13 pm

Finally playing Wolfenstein: The New Order. Excellent game so far. I know everyone already said the story was good but I'm still surprised by it.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Thu May 28, 2015 12:30 am

Everything about Wolfenstein surprised me. At some point I remember playing it and realizing that it was just a damn good game and not just a mediocre game exceeding my expectations. Its just disappointing the standalone expansion they just put out was so mediocre. Really hoping its not a flash in the pan and whatever those guys do next is great.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri May 29, 2015 2:21 am

I think those guys are working on Doom next. Excited for that if so.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri May 29, 2015 2:46 am

Machinegames was created by key staff from Starbreeze. So they basically had a big hand in Chronicles of Riddick and The Darkness before. I haven't played either other than a demo, but they are both well-liked (particularly Riddick). Anyway, they seem to have a good track record even before The New Order.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Sun May 31, 2015 3:05 am

Bloodborne came in from Gamefly Thursday and I finally started playing it. I haven't had much experience with the Souls games (despite owning Demon and Dark Souls 1) and luckily peeps like Killa and Pspiddy were online to give me pointers. After spending about 5-6 hours, I think I've got a better handle on the combat, the grinding and how to consider enemy placement and the level layouts. I'm definitely going to spend some more time on this game this weekend.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:43 am

In Bloodborne last night, I beat my 2nd boss and was able to obtain the items that allow co-op play. For the next 2 months or so, I'll be working days so if anyone wants to join me in Bloodborne or anything else, I should be available.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:02 am

Got to start up Splatoon tonight. Both singleplayer and multiplayer seems very fun so far.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:18 pm

I finished the singleplayer of Splatoon. It is super short, but what is there is awesome. I love the core mechanics and they add a bunch of fun twists throughout like the sponges. The bosses are really great too.

The multiplayer is fun. The whole two maps at a time and only one mode to start really stinks. Needs more maps in general too. And I never like the whole upgrading/getting better weapons for playing longer thing, but I guess it is to be expected from games at this point. There are a bunch of other tweaks I'd make. Like perhaps a way to change weapon depending on what your team is using. It does run really well online. Matches get created fast. Really easy to play a couple quick games. And again the core mechanics are so fun. There could just be a bunch of tweaks to make it much better. Also the whole look, characters, and world of this game is excellent.

This is definitely the kind of thing I had in mind when I had been asking Nintendo to create a big new IP these past few years.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:48 pm

After it sitting here for a couple of weeks, I finally sent back Kid Icarus. I just wasn't having fun and didn't ever feel like playing it. I really liked the game's characters and sense of humor. The air portions were pretty good, but I absolutely dreaded the on foot bits. I might as well try and get something from Gamefly I will play. At least I got to play Nancy Drew out of the deal right?
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:00 pm

Kid Icarus really should have been on the Wii. Would have been perfect for that. I still like it for what it is, but I completely understand anyone who thinks it's bad. When you have to rely on the reticle sliding after you lift the stylus, something is wrong
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:27 pm

TripOpt55 wrote:At least I got to play Nancy Drew out of the deal right?

Definitely can't call it a waste given this.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:37 pm

I picked up the new Shadow Warrior from GOG's summer sale. I was a bit hesitant but for 5 bucks it was definitely worth it. It's not the greatest game mechanically but the sword combat and abilities make up for it. It's kind of dumb and not exactly a masterpiece, but it's a fun distraction and I'm definitely going to look into this team's other games. It's very much in line with older shooters but not exhaustingly so like Serious Sam 3 is
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next