The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Trophying/Achievement Thread

+10
Nephilimi
Krubixcube
volvocrusher
Motinator
Bannen
BretBaber
TheMatt
TripOpt55
Miraculous Kaydybug
Captain N
14 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

The Trophying/Achievement Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trophying/Achievement Thread

Post by TheMatt Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:24 pm

Finally got the Rocket League Platinum. The only one I had left was the drive 500km trophy, which is super glitched and the game does a terrible job telling you your progress. I played one this morning when I woke up and it finally popped in the middle of a match. It was kind of funny, because the match I was in had such bad lag that my car was warping all around the field and when it finally caught up with itself the trophy popped. The screenshot is pretty funny... the screen is all blurry from trying to catch up to real time.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

The Trophying/Achievement Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trophying/Achievement Thread

Post by BretBaber Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:35 pm

Congrats! That one popped for me about a week ago. Like you I had the same last trophy. I too got a platinum today, got #40 for FIFA 15. The last trophy was one of the worst things ever, and to top it off it was only a bronze.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:16 pm

Congrats to you both!

To think there was a time where I kept up with you in platinums Bret. You are leaving me in the dust!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:40 am

Platinum #44 yesterday. I can now sratch off goal #1 for video games in 2016 from my list, Final Fantasy VII platinum glory is mine! The last one was dating Barrett, which was a real bitch having to play through the game again and follow a guide to do the right things. Trophies like that aren't fun at all.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:07 am

Congrats! I am working on Need for Speed's which would be #40 for me. I hope to have it this week.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:07 pm

BretBaber wrote:Platinum #44 yesterday.  I can now sratch off goal #1 for video games in 2016 from my list, Final Fantasy VII platinum glory is mine!  The last one was dating Barrett, which was a real bitch having to play through the game again and follow a guide to do the right things.  Trophies like that aren't fun at all.

That's a big reason why I have no platinum trophies. I'm generally not that dedicated. Would like to make FFVII my first, though.

I was once able to date Yuffie on the PS1 original.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:35 am

Man the last race in Need for Speed was killing me. I must have lost five times on the final turn alone... haha. I was shaking when I finally beat it. Made the platinum a bit more satisfying though!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:36 am

Congrats! Overall was it an easy platinum? Seems like you've only been playing that game for a few days.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:30 am

Yeah, it took me a week, but I played it a lot in that week. But most of the trophies you got by completing all the story paths. Only a few you really had to go out of your way for. The only thing that really made it tough at all is my lack of racing games skills... haha. Even then I only had trouble with a handful of races throughout.

Does anyone here have Far Cry 4 on PS4? I realized I just needed a couple co-op trophies for that platinum. Kind of forgot about it.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:03 pm

Seems like there was a glitch and I won't be able to get the all outposts captured trophy in Far Cry Primal. Platinum seemed pretty doable, so I was going to shoot for it. Kind of a bummer. Not the first time this happened to me either. I got all the treasures in Tomb Raider Underworld, but there was a glitch where it didn't count one. Not a huge deal, but I guess I wanted to vent somewhere.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:14 am

I'd be furious. Sorry for your loss, because it should be mourned like one. I can't think of any glitches that effected trophies for me, but I'll think about it and comment if I think of any. Actually, I just did. In one of the FIFA games there was a trophy for winning 5 games in a row online using 5 different teams. It's hard enough to do that with your favorite team let alone ones you're not familiar with. Well I did it and got hosed. Fucking cock suckers. Another FIFA one I just thought of, me and my cousin attempted the trophy where you play in every stadium. Took forever. We both got nothing. EA FIFA games are notions for their glitches and bugs.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:34 am

I was 2 easy MP trophies away from the Rock Band 2 platinum, but the multiplayer wouldn't work. That was a really hard platinum, too
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:57 am

Damn. Those are rough as well. I definitely confirmed it isn't counting the one outpost for some reason. While looking in the options, I saw you can reset all the outposts though. So maybe it would work the second time. I know which one glitched and I can try it first. Doing them again (I've done 10 so far) wouldn't be too bad because I enjoy the missions. For now I think I will continue with the story and maybe see how the other trophies come along before I try to reset the outposts though.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:19 am

I enjoy trophies, not for finishing them but for unexpectedly getting one for being dedicated to the game.

THAT SAID-----

It really grinds my gears when 40% of the trophies of a game like The Last of Us are multiplayer...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:30 pm

Update on the glitched trophy situation. I was waiting until I finished the game to reset the outposts. But when I went to do so it said I needed to have finished the game and cleared all outposts. Unsure if I can still technically do that, I decide to just run through the remaining four outposts. No stealth. No thought. Just open with a barrage of bombs from my owl and then bumrushed them all with my giant bear friend. Didn't take too long. It still showed I only did 14/15, but it did let me reset. The real cool part is it still said 14/15 after the reset and once I was able to do the glitched one, it went to 15/15 and the trophy popped. So while the world is a bit more hostile than it should be post-game, I didn't have to do much more work than I would have for the trophy. Relieved.

I have three more trophies to grind out and the platinum will be mine!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun May 08, 2016 6:36 pm

Got 100% trophies (the platinum plus the DLC ones) on Gravity Rush Remastered. Actually have 100% on the last three PS4 games I've played (Far Cry, Ratchet and this). Pretty cool.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:27 pm

I'm like five collectibles away from the Uncharted 4 platinum. Finding these may drive me up a wall though.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:27 pm

Finished up the Uncharted 4 platinum yesterday. After that I decided it was a good time to go back to try and clean up trophies in Mirror's Edge Catalyst. I managed to get the three stars on all dashes trophy. I had only three starred about half of them. That was a lot of fun. Wasn't as rusty jumping back in as I expected. Still have some side mission/collectible ones to grab along with a few other oddball trophies. Going to chip away at these over time like I did with Uncharted.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:56 pm

Uncharted 'so just seem so time consuming I haven't been trying to get them. I'll get back to it someday. Congrats!

I too got a platinum a few days ago for the Goosebumps game. It inspired to watch the new movie and read an old Goosebumps book.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:56 pm

Got the platinum for Dark Cloud. Never beat it back when it first came out so I'm glad to not have that looming over me. Fun game, but I think it's one dungeon section too long. By time I got to the moon planet I was starting to get burned out on it. Also, the last boss is so stupid, the second phase of the fight I for the life of me couldn't figure out a way to block, and I really don't think there was a way. The third in final phase had such a bad camera angle and it was so tight and so cramped that I couldn't even move and literally had no way to avoid damage. Luckily I beat it the first try, because it's one of those that forces you to watch like a 10 minute cut scene before hand, I would have lost it.

I'd give it a 4 out of 5. Would have been higher if the last boss wasn't so stupid and if it was a dungeon less. I have Dark Cloud 2 downloaded and I know it is better, but I'm gonna wait on that one for a bit before I start that.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:28 pm

Congrats! I think that is number 50 for you right? Quite a milestone!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:42 am

It is. None of my friends threw a party for me like they should have. Makes me question their loyalty.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6