The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Trophying/Achievement Thread

+10
Nephilimi
Krubixcube
volvocrusher
Motinator
Bannen
BretBaber
TheMatt
TripOpt55
Miraculous Kaydybug
Captain N
14 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Trophying/Achievement Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trophying/Achievement Thread

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:43 pm

There are two that involve "completing the journey" for each faction. That is 84 matches each, but during the 84 matches you have to keep your group of survivors in the metagame alive. This involves playing well, but also completing certain sub-missions within matches at certain times or they wipe out your whole group of survivors and you have to start the "journey" over.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

The Trophying/Achievement Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trophying/Achievement Thread

Post by BretBaber Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:54 pm

That seems pretty bullshit. I'm not a fan of multiplayer trophies, unless they're add-on content. Killzone had decent ones, nothing too extreme, but the new Killzone has some dumb ones. Trophies should be for the single player experience, because it changes the way people would normally play. Guess I'll never platinum The Last of Us.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by BretBaber Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:29 am

Being dishonest is dumb.

Beating The Last of Us on the hardest difficulty seems platinum worthy in my opinion.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:00 am

Even if you consider MP trophies okay it still seems bullshit regardless. If you fuck up on your 83rd match you have to do it again, fuck that shit fuck it in the ass till it bleeds.

I mean i can't imagine matches take only a few minutes. What they must be like 5 at least. That seems like a hell of a lot of works for those trophies.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:05 am

Yeah I'd definitely prefer Mulitplayer trophies were left for DLC only. At worst for on disc ones, maybe something like "Try each mode" or "Reach level 10 in Multiplayer" aren't bad. Because that is basically, like try this MP out. These TLoU ones seem like a real grind.

I'm pretty proud of getting all the singleplayer ones though. Beating Survivor and getting all the collectibles without a guide feels pretty good (some were pretty well-hidden). Just too bad it didn't earn me the platinum! Plus Bret is gaining on me in Platinums. I like to try and stay ahead of him Razz
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:31 pm

No, you must accept multiplayer defeat! Naughty Dog is punishing you for being loyal, this platinum means nothing!

I am super impressed you got all the other trophies though, especially without a guide. Kudos to you for that!
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu May 22, 2014 3:51 am

So I am doing some rare trophy hunting. I am working on the R&C Into the Nexus platinum. Grinding for some bolts to buy a few more things (armor and a couple gold upgrades) then need to do those upgrades up to level 6. Also working on the Far Cry 3 co-op which is all I've needed for a while. Only one more level left. Might try and nab up the last of TR Underworld's treasures. I was only missing three and then my PS3 died, so I had to start over, but I think I'm pretty close again. I don't really remember!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat May 31, 2014 2:29 am

Far Cry 3 platinum! Hooray!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat May 31, 2014 9:42 am

Congrats. Platinum trophies are one of life's pleasures.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat May 31, 2014 2:45 pm

Tried playing ME2 on insanity for the plat. Had less fun than it on hardcore so I switched. I already have all the achievements anyways
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:02 pm

So I got Burnout Paradise for my bday a while back and been trying to get the platinum, but may need help with the online stuff, question do you need the dlc trophies for the platinum? I heard you don't. Also been trying to get the platinum for Brutal Legend since I'm close anyway.
Captain N
Captain N
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

Back to top Go down

Post by KillaAssassin11 Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:13 pm

You don't need the DLC to get the platinum. Those are extra trophies.
KillaAssassin11
KillaAssassin11
Asks for the "Guile" at the Barbershop

http://www.unknownconnection.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:25 am

KillaAssassin11 wrote:You don't need the DLC to get the platinum. Those are extra trophies.

Cool because they don't show up as dlc trophies like other games but I think I understand why.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by KillaAssassin11 Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:01 am

Captain N wrote:
KillaAssassin11 wrote:You don't need the DLC to get the platinum. Those are extra trophies.

Cool because they don't show up as dlc trophies like other games but I think I understand why.

Yeah im not sure why they do that. If you ever want someone to help you out Id be happy to. I love that game.
KillaAssassin11
KillaAssassin11

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:59 am

KillaAssassin11 wrote:
Captain N wrote:

Yeah im not sure why they do that. If you ever want someone to help you out Id be happy to. I love that game.
I would love some help with the online trophies, but we're gonna need more people for that stadium trophy.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:30 pm

I will help if we can gather enough people. I'm guessing the Wildcat Stadium one is one you need?
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:31 am

TripOpt55 wrote:I will help if we can gather enough people. I'm guessing the Wildcat Stadium one is one you need?
I'm actually missing all non-dlc online trophies, but yeah I'd be game if more people join.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:28 pm

Platinum glory #25! Just got the platinum for Tearaway! Fantastic game, and other than Final Fantasy X and X-2 it's my second favorite game for the Vita behind Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Only really tough trophy was not dying on The Tear, and even that wasn't too bad. My palms and fingers got so sweaty the closer I got to the finish of that trophy. Great game that every Vita owner should own, and I'm sure fellow platter Trip would agree.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:37 pm

Definitely. I loved it. Congrats on the platinum!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:03 am

So I'm 2 trophies away from the FIFA platinum. One hard, one as easy as just playing a match with a friend. I've been trying and trying at the hard one, and finally tonight I did it. The trophy doesn't instantly pop because you have to exit to the main screen. Well I just sat there, joyous, because I finally did it. Then I hit the button to continue, and a fucking god damn ps4 error message comes across the screen and I'm forced to fucking quit. There's so much anger running through my body right now Darth Vader is practically a jedi compared to me. FUCK. YOU. FIFA. AND. PS4.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:53 am

Got the platinum for FIFA, so I pretty much feel like this now....

The Trophying/Achievement Thread - Page 4 Maldiniuefa_zpsb9e55ab0
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:56 pm

Congrats!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by KillaAssassin11 Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:47 pm

After a year and two months my friend and I finally got the Soul Sacrifice platinum. It was quite the journey.
KillaAssassin11
KillaAssassin11

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:09 am

How is that game? I started it up but it didn't stick with me. I'll probably download it and give it another try after I beat Final Fantasy X-2 which I should be starting fairly soon.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by BretBaber Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:12 am

I actually stopped because the second mission seemed really hard. When I started it up I was kind of tired so I probably didn't listen to the tutorial too much, but I remember that second mission was pretty hard for a beginner level.

Multiplayer trophies are the worst because it's all about luck (getting a lucky kill, or sometimes even having players on a certain map). Can't believe I managed to get every trophy for KZ3's multiplayer, plus the KZ3 multiplayer game (I got every trophy in both game, and let's just say some of them aren't actually easy). Multiplayer trophies just really suck. That one for The Last of Us that Trip described just seems horrible.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:55 pm

Finally got the Resogun Platinum. I think I'm finally starting to understand that game. I think it'll be my new go-to game for killing 15-20 minutes. Hopefully I can string together a few good runs to challenge some of all of your ridiculous high scores... but I don't think so.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:37 pm

I got the platinum for Sly Cooper 1 on Vita today. Must be platinum day!

Congrats, Matt!
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:00 pm

Congrats to you both!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next