The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Trophying/Achievement Thread

+10
Nephilimi
Krubixcube
volvocrusher
Motinator
Bannen
BretBaber
TheMatt
TripOpt55
Miraculous Kaydybug
Captain N
14 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Trophying/Achievement Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Trophying/Achievement Thread

Post by TheMatt Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:23 pm

Got another platinum today by finishing up The Wolf Among Us. I enjoyed the first season. There's probably less gameplay in this than The Walking Dead, but the story and the characters kept me entertained. There was a pretty interesting twist at the end that I didn't see coming at all so it has me wanting a second season... but if it doesn't happen, it's one of those endings where the speculation is way more interesting than the actual reveal that would take place in season 2.

I read somewhere the game is coming out as a retail version for 360/PS3, Xbone and PS4. The game kind of runs like ass on PS3, so if you were going to check it out I'd recommend waiting for the new system releases or just playing it on PC.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

The Trophying/Achievement Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Trophying/Achievement Thread

Post by BretBaber Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:26 pm

Is it an automatic platinum like The Walking Dead?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:57 pm

Not automatic, but pretty close to it. Each episode has a trophy to unlock all of these 'book of fables' which are basically concept art that almost entirely unlock just by playing the game. In a few episodes you have to make certain dialogue choices or choose one thing or another... but if you miss it the game has a rewind function so you can go back to that part and get what you missed quickly.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:58 pm

Missable trophies are the worst, but at least there's a quick way around them. Especially in a game like this where dialogue choices are what makes the game fun, having it be missable would really suck.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:01 pm

I might take a stab at Walking Dead Season 2 today..been in the mood for something a bit more story-focused. I always turned off the trophy notifications in Walking Dead though. Didn't really feel satisfying to earn them.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:31 am

I just hated how the trophies popping in The Walking Dead (and The Wolf Among Us) caused the game to glitch the fuck out... and you'd end up missing a few frames of the next scene. I thought about turning off the notifications... but I love that trophy ping sound. Can't pass it up.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:44 am

I'm the same way. When the one update allowed you to disable the ding and pop up, I thought "Why the hell would I ever want to do that?"
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:54 pm

Got the platinum for inFamous: Second Son today. Now I have no PS4 games to play besides Battlefield campaign that I only bought because of my cousin and all of the free PS+ games I've neglected. If I see a sale for TLoU around $30 I'll get that, but until then I don't know what I will do. Guess I could always beat the loads of PS3 games I've had but never played.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:22 pm

Congrats!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:41 pm

I read there is a platinum for inFamous First Light, which is pretty neat. I was going to get it anyway, but it'll be fun going for that. I love the easy plats those games have!
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:20 pm

I never got the platinum for the first game because doing all of the stunts was a real pain in the ass. Plus, finding all 300 shards was a bitch and actually broke my controller clicking the L3 button over and over again. Hopefully that's true about First Light.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:25 pm

Finally got the Aces trophy for Killzone Mercenary. I've literally been working on that for about 3 weeks now. It's a trophy that dings for earning so much money a day in the game. You just have to hope that other players don't earn more than you. Each day I thought I did enough. Glad to finally get it and be over with it. Might make a run at the platinum, but I only have around 4000 kills and need to get 10000. So I have 3 hard time consuming trophies and one easy time consuming trophy. The rest I'll easily be able to get. Maybe in a year or two I'll finally have it.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:24 pm

So I was scoping out an outpost with my binoculars in Far Cry 4 when I was attacked by a couple of wolves. So I pull my binoculars down and try to back away and just blindly shoot. Well I had my sniper rifle apparently and killed them both. Which got me a trophy where you needed to kill two enemies with one sniper shot. I did not expect to get that one that way.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:01 pm

You're like a mixture of Bear Grylls and Robin Hood with a gun.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:09 pm

Got all but one trophy for Killzone Mercenary. I'm going to get the platinum, but the last trophy is a bitch. You have to kill 10,000 enemies in either single player or multiplayer. I have beat the game 5 times, and played roughly 12 hours of multiplayer and only managed 7000 kills. What a dumb trophy. To make me even more mad, it's only a bronze one.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:21 pm

Well at least you are closing in. Sounds like a real grind.

I just need the multiplayer trophies and I'll have Far Cry 4's platinum!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:24 pm

Hopefully they aren't tough multiplayer trophies. I really think those kind of trophies should be eliminated, there is too much that factors into getting them.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:08 pm

I'll need to find a partner to coordinate the two co-op ones, but the competitive one is just complete a match for each mode, so that shouldn't be an issue.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:29 pm

Those multiplayer trophies sound fine and doable. Congrats on your inevitable platinum!
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:38 am

Not exactly a platinum, but I 100%-ed Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:59 pm

Congrats. I've been trying to beat San Andreas before I get GTAV for Christmas so I've been doing little trophying. Maybe I'll try to ding one or two today.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:23 pm

I just read that one of the upcoming firmware updates for PS4 gives a feature to delete trophy data for games that have 0% trophy progress. I've been wanting this for a long time, as I have plenty of games that I borrowed from a friend or got on Gamefly that I played for a minute, hated it, and never played it again. Not exactly an essential feature, but it'll be nice to do a little house cleaning!
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:37 am

That does sound nice. I'd like to see a way of sorting the games it displays as well.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:39 am

I am trying to get the platinum on Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. Was sick today and laying in bed playing this and made some good progress. There are some dumb trophies in here though. Much tougher than the collection's trophy set.

Edit: And I got it! Hoorary! Was closer than I thought.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:04 pm

I'm about 10 minutes away from The Order platinum. So hooray for us both. Feel better.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:30 pm

Thanks and congrats! I didn't plan to go for the platinum in The Order, but I was surprised how close I was when I finished and said why not? How much did you end paying to rent it? I've never used Redbox.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:11 pm

I should have only gotten charged for a day, so it should only be $3.18. It was my first time using it, and I knew the game was short so I waited until I had 2 days off. I'll be honest, I thought that game was going to be a lot worse than it was. Someday when it is $20 I'll probably buy it. Hopefully by then there will be some kind of DLC.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:27 pm

Got the platinum for Shadow of Mordor so now my one player adventure gaming is clear for METAL GEAR SOLID V!!!!
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:49 pm

Congrats! I never really fully understood the Nemesis system, so I didn't understand what some of those trophies wanted me to do... haha.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:30 pm

It definitely doesn't do a good job explaining. I did research like I was writing a paper to figure out all that I had to do.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next