The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Chat Thread

+18
Krubixcube
chocobot
ajapam
BretBaber
Toomanywires
Methane_Max
b.b.hagen
Bannen
avidacridjam
Motinator
AlexC-25
Captain N
pspiddy
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
KillaAssassin11
TheMatt
TripOpt55
22 posters

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Chat Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: Chat Thread

Post by Rainjar Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:21 am

Club music hurts my ears, they're still fucking ringing. I have also come to the conclusion I should not come on my computer after a night out, messaged so many people with shit I don't even remember saying. This is new to me. But at least my new Evangelion bag turned up, so you can all be jealous of that.

lenny.b wrote:Been away for a while, but am slowly trying to catch up (if I can!) My "gaming" laptop's monitor went berserk on me this week and now it only works when I plug it into a separate monitor (i.e., my tv) so I decided to buy a new laptop. I saw a really great deal on a Samsung Chromebook on Amazon and jumped on it since it was only $250 (locally, and on Amazon). Now, I'm kind of regretting it, and think that I should splurge and buy myself a gaming desktop... I'm seriously torn at the moment. :\ I have the money... but I kind of don't feel like I should spend it all at once. BLARGH!!!
Getchu yourself a gaming desktop and enjoy da good times, become one with the masterrace.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:59 am

BretBaber wrote:Completely random thought I had today but I want to be able to tell someone.  Thought of a cool groomsmen gift for people that will be in my wedding.  Since a lot of my friends play games or at least know how much I like games/trophies I decided I'd get them all their very own Playstation Trophy.  Figured I'd engrave the trophy with a caption that has to do with them, and present the trophy to them with a certificate describing the trophy.  Maybe I'll even have the ding noise for each time I give it to someone, and take a picture of the groomsmen holding the trophy.  An example...

Textbook (what will be engraved on the trophy)
"A student of the game, a coach's dream player."
(on the certificate)

This would be one I give to my friend Dan that I call textbook on the soccer field, because he plays the game very cautious but always makes the right move.  

Needless to say, I am really pumped for this.  All but 2 of the people in my wedding play video games and like trophies so I think this will be a fun gag gift to give.
Whoops, thought I responded to this. This sounds like a great idea! I'd be stoked to receive something like that.

Spiddy: Yeah...physical violence is imminent if we were to be in the same room with people >_>
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:18 am

I will never be jealous of anything Evangelion related.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:00 pm

Chat Thread - Page 33 Rei_Ayanami_Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_You_gonna_get_blankly_stared_at
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:00 pm

@krubix - Same here, I'd proudly display it.. Hopefully I can find a good selection of trophies to match the trophy for the individual. Found a pretty all right website. Luckily I have another 7 months to get it done.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Krubixcube Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:26 am

Yeah, when we had mice problems 90% of the problem was just unsealed food. Got loads of those plastic containers for loose shit and it cleared up eventually. Had a rat in England. In Japan the game is cockroaches.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:40 pm

They just hate you then. That sucks
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:11 pm

I remember when we had mice at my old house and one was in the bathroom with me and i got scared and accidentally smashed it with my foot.

I know they are disease ridden monsters but he was so cute and tiny. I cried for like 3 days.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:50 am

I had mice in my uni residence a couple years back. Damn they're fast. The first time I thought I saw something dart across the kitchen floor, I thought I was seeing things. Luckily the school called exterminator people to handle it.
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:27 am

Guys, I know we normally don't talk about things that happen in the real world because...well we're such a lost cause as a society there's no fucking point, but this is something happening. It is not a joke. I repeat: This is fucking real.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/10/07/long-island-middle-school-bans-footballs-other-recreational-items/
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:36 am

I wish it was just everyone falling for the Onion, but it wasn't from them. That school is banning balls. Pussification of America continues.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:00 pm

No play structures, no balls, no climbing trees...no chances for kids to make their own mistakes. Heaven forbid Timmy should scrape his knee.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:46 pm

Wow, how did I survive elementary school? Solid metal merry-go-rounds that we'd spin as fast as possible. I think the worst someone ever got at recess, through 7 grades, was a broken arm.
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:23 pm

"Grown-ups have taken all the fun of being a kid just so they can save a few thousand lives." - George Carlin

I hope that doesn`t become an example that other schools follow. We`re making kids too damn soft, giving them too much attention, trying to protect them from everything. It`s a losing battle. Life is about pain. We need some pain.

The big danger in my school was the monkey bars, especially the cage variety. You had a gravel pit to cushion the fall, but still...
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:32 pm

That entire bit deserves a mention here.

volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:37 pm

I was pushed from the top of some monkey bars, came down on the latter rung in the middle of my back...and it sucked. But I survived. Just like you said, some freak death isn't worth ruining the whole system for. It's sad, but god damn...kids these days aren't going to know how to interact with the world around them since the only way to have fun without balls, without play structures, climbing, running, being rough is to use a computer. And I'm not against computers, but you have to have a balance.

RANT OVER. *sigh*

Also, my friend recommended the podcast hardcore history (sorry, bit of an offshoot) and it's very good, you should check it out.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:50 pm

Getting the shit beat out of me was the best thing that ever happened. I was a pussy until 8th grade when I got my ass kicked every day in pop warner and later high school football. If it weren't for that and lacrosse where I was in goal getting balls chucked at me as fast as everyone could throw it, I'd still be a pussy. There's a chance I could have been hurt a lot worse than I did, but every time I got the shit beat out of me made me a better person.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:25 am

Having worked at schools now I can now say with even more confidence than before that there is absolutely nothing worse than a group of organized mothers. You get these moms that think just because they've squeezed out a child they are suddenly the authority on a child's psychological development and it drives me fucking nuts. If you don't trust the school system/anything else then why bother even having a child? So yeah, fuck them, always complaining about this or that. Instead of blaming every one else, try taking some responsibility and more importantly, TRUST YOUR CHILD to do the right thing.

I think if more parents would just trust their child to not be retarded and to make it through the mistakes that they will inevitably make then we'd have a lot more well balanced kids out there. As spiddy said, kids have enough pressure on them as it is without this whole "don't do the things that your neuro-psychological development cycle will compell you to do" bullshit.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:43 am

When I was a child my first concern was playing outside (making forts, playing make believe with army guns, hide and go seek, sports) and video games second. I love video games, but children need to play. They need to pretend. Hell, if they're going to play a video game at least make it a single player game from time to time. Seems like kids only want to play games if it has multiplayer in it.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:51 am

I clawed some kid who was teasing me in the neck once. He had to go to the hospital. Pretty sure kids are in just as much danger just by being around other kids as they are playing sports and shit.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:51 am

The loser that I was I'd spend hours outside just running about my yard imagining things in my head. And it was wonderful.

Kay: Maybe they're just in danger if they're around you =p
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:53 am

I don't see how making kids play more single player games really does anything. The rest I agree with, but that really felt like it came from out of nowhere.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:48 am

This is almost as bad as that one school that "banned" best friends. If you haven't read the story by now: They wanted to keep kids from developing close relationships because losing your best friend is hard.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next