The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Chat Thread

+18
Krubixcube
chocobot
ajapam
BretBaber
Toomanywires
Methane_Max
b.b.hagen
Bannen
avidacridjam
Motinator
AlexC-25
Captain N
pspiddy
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
KillaAssassin11
TheMatt
TripOpt55
22 posters

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

Chat Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Chat Thread

Post by BretBaber Thu May 09, 2013 1:40 am

Glad someone knows my pain. I thought I might just look like a total asshole.

Everyone should have to work some kind of job where they have to help the public for a year, and I think the world would be a better place for it. No more corny ass jokes, no more stupid questions, and a better understanding how the world should interact with each other.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu May 09, 2013 1:41 am

I've worked convenience stores where crazy old men hit on me. That's one of the least pleasant things ever. Also delivered newspapers and some old people would say they'd have me fired for not delivering their paper during severe thunderstorms/blizzards. they get really fucking mad too. Cause I'm supposed to freeze my ass off getting them a fucking newspaper.

Not work related but some guys that work at gamestop stare at me oddly when i go in. It's mostly people i like but theres a few that are just weird. Also don't get me started about anime conventions.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu May 09, 2013 1:50 am

Yeah, I try to stay friendly no matter what when I work at school because I'm supposed to represent the entire school there. People wonder why I spend most of my hours cleaning and fixing the stuff at the stadium rather than working games, but if I have to pick between just standing and having to be polite with people I can't stand or spraying the entire stadium with a firehose, getting rid of dead rats, and scraping gum off of seats, I will gladly take the second option.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu May 09, 2013 3:10 am

Some of the guys you meet at anime conventions can be nightmare tbh. In other words real ladies men. For the most part i just ignore those people, but then there's those one guys who start talking about things no one cares about and follow you around never shutting up. DUDE I DONT FUCKING CARE ABOUT THAT ONE TIME YOU PLAYED DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS AND MADE YOUR CHARACTER A GOD. JESUS FUCK PLEASE SHUT UP! Something like that.

I also used to play Magic the Gathering at these cons, but I honestly can't stand most of the people who play that. It's like some kind of sitcom all the stereotypes you see there. There's always the people who act like they are THE BEST MAGIC PLAYER EVAH! if they win, and cry how it was just bad luck or you cheat if they lose. Then there's girls who only play for attention and have no fucking clue what they are even doing. They always lose in the first round of tournaments. Then there's people like me who haven't slept in 3 days, and are hopped up on energy drinks so bad they play well until like the semi-finals of the tournament and then pass out mid-game (true story actually) I obviously didn't win that tournament sadly.

Most of the people at cons i've been to have been fairly decent but when you get bad ones they are really bad. I've gotten a few of them to buy me lunch cause I spent all my money on animu, and haven't eaten in days. I just asked for McDonald's though I'm not THAT bad.

I should go back sometime.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Thu May 09, 2013 3:51 am

I was seriously just about to vent my same exact frustrations tonight. But my problem lately hasn't really been the stupid customers, it's the guys that I work with. Just today I got in a shouting match with a guy because he was trying to tell me that Dead Island alphabetically goes before De Blob. I know a shouting match is a little extreme but sadly putting things in alphabetical order has been a problem in our store for awhile. I get tired of that guy never listening to me though so I eventually just told him he's stupid... Then yesterday my other coworker said "derexity" and I just tilted my head wondering what the fuck he just said. Turned out that's how he thought dexterity is pronounced. The way that guy makes up words at least gives me a good laugh though.

But what really makes me want to quit my job sometimes is my manager. He's an old guy who knows absolutely nothing about video games. He just makes up bullshit to sell them and I'm embarrassed to even be working for the guy. Apparently he's been telling people he's already got the beta to Call of Duty Ghosts. But I knew he was a pathological liar back when he first took over our store and was telling people he played the "beta" for Lollipop Chainsaw before it was out. The guy has gotten some pretty magical betas for every single game ever. He also was in the military, was a cop, a psychologist, a teacher, currently has his own recording studio and made music for Red Dead Redemption. Seriously, I wonder what I'm doing with this job surrounded by these people... I need to get to college. Or something else. Anything else.
chocobot
chocobot
Will Eat Lizard Tails to Improve Stamina

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu May 09, 2013 3:59 am

*hugs* we should just run away together. Go someplace nice and live together.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu May 09, 2013 11:22 am

The people that I work with don't bother me (at least in my department). In fact I like them all. It's probably because we've all went through the same mundane zombie customers we get on a daily basis, and have formed a bond because of it.

I hate liars. When people straight up lie, nothing grinds my gears like that. You should start calling him out on the lies in front of the customers, start asking about the gameplay and stuff like that. Watch him scramble and squirm.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Thu May 09, 2013 12:42 pm

I worked at wal-mart for a couple months back in 2010. Never again. A lot of my co-workers and managers sucked. They'd tell me to go take car batteries out to the lockup place "right away," constantly tell me they're "on the way" with the keys... for 30 minutes. Then when I finally get back, people complain that I wasn't doing something else.

We did have a few stupid people at customer service trying to return things like half-cooked noodles because they "weren't cooked." I'm glad I didn't deal with those people too often. I try to give customer service people some slack because customers are assholes and sometimes their managers are, too. I could never do that kind of work.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Methane_Max Thu May 09, 2013 1:10 pm

I worked at Blockbuster for 3.5 years so I feel your pain. Some of the people I dealt with were either incredibly dumb or just overall poor excuses for human beings. Seriously. The amount of shit that anyone who works customer service has to put up with is astounding. After I left Blockbuster I swore I'd never take another customer service job again, and so far, I haven't had to.

Vent all you want, we can relate.
Methane_Max
Methane_Max
Sand Thrower

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu May 09, 2013 1:46 pm

Another thing that pisses me off is when a customer will come up when me and some other co-workers are talking and interrupt and say "Who is the geek?" First off, don't just interrupt, second don't be incredibly rude. If I could get away with it I'd love to say "Who is the dumb fuck red neck!?" I don't know where everyone lives on, but I live in a red neck area. It just adds to my problems. I'll gladly let people know of any stupid new customer I get. The situations are always laughable to me, until I realize I'm living the situation.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Methane_Max Thu May 09, 2013 4:49 pm

I've had a similar situation except instead of asking who the geek was he said, "I was told one of you guys knows about video games so which one of you is the one that lives in his parents' basement?"... (insert fake yuppie laugh here)

It took every ounce of restraint I had at the time not to take his head off.
Methane_Max
Methane_Max
Sand Thrower

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm

BretBaber wrote:
I hate liars. When people straight up lie, nothing grinds my gears like that. You should start calling him out on the lies in front of the customers, start asking about the gameplay and stuff like that. Watch him scramble and squirm.

or maybe have a costumer ask for his PSN/XBL tag, and say they would like to see what other kinds of neat stuff he gets to test XD
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu May 09, 2013 8:00 pm

Yeah, I think anyone can relate. I used to work in a restaurant and man...no matter how nice someone seems, people fucking surprised me with how they acted in a restaurant. They forget the people serving them are people, not robots, it was horrible.

My coworkers were alright though, my manager was awful...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu May 09, 2013 8:04 pm

I once had someone literally yelling how I was like Hitler because I wouldn't let her through the player entrance to the field. When there's 3 signs that say players only just because she didn't want to do some extra walking.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu May 09, 2013 8:05 pm

People take that "the customer is always right" thing way too fucking far. I mean seriously though they think cause they are buying shit from you you are their slave or something.

EDIT: I've had people try to buy cigarettes with foodstamps before and then yell at me for not letting them. Also waiting in line in costumer service at Walmart once some old lady was making a huge ruckus cause they wouldnt let her return a package of toilet paper that was half used. It's both sad and funny how dumb people can be.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu May 09, 2013 8:55 pm

lol yes. Honestly its hard to keep a straight face when people do dumb shit like that XD
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri May 10, 2013 12:32 am

Thanks for the food stamps story. In Michigan there is something called a Bridge card, it is basically a card that is supposed to be used for food but can be used for other things. I used to have this fucker that would come in and visually have nothing wrong with him, and he'd use that card to buy World of Warcraft game cards. I hate that kid, playing games off of others hard work.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri May 10, 2013 4:18 am

Yeah the good moments in CS are awesome. I had this one couple that was super nice, started talking to me about movies. And the girl had some sort of disease, she couldn't walk very well but god damn if she wasn't one of hte nicest people I've come across. I gave them free stuff...because when people are awesome, reward them.

I still think everyone should be required to work some sort of service industry job for a couple of weeks. Everyone would be nicer after that.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Fri May 10, 2013 5:21 am

Okay, I feel a little bad about bitching over putting games in alphabetical order last night. It just sucks that I work with the kind of guys that make people really hate GameStop now. They're constantly giving misinformation, like telling customers that Destiny will be cross platform and allow Xbox and PS3 players to play together (I think my dumb manager misunderstood the meaning of multi-platform). They were also telling everyone the PS4 won't play used games. I try to call them out but they continue with it anyway. Because all I know about is animu games Neutral

I feel like working customer service has only made me bitchier. Only a handful of customers are nice and/or intelligent. It's really sad...
chocobot
chocobot

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri May 10, 2013 6:47 am

I think when you're in a job with bad people it doesn't matter what exactly happens to set you off, everything will be annoying. That's how I was last year as well. I'd be like "THEY SAID HELLO IN A VERY UNFRIENDLY MANNER" and shit like that.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri May 10, 2013 8:34 am

I agree, it's so rewarding when you finally get someone nice and you never want them to leave.

Choco, I think you have a right to complain. Putting things in alphabetical order should be one of the easiest things ever. Make them recite the alphabet, maybe then they'll get it. My only problem with gamestop is when they try to engage me in conversation about the game I'm buying. I really don't like talking to people that i don't know, but that is probably a more me flaw.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri May 10, 2013 11:31 am

I hate talking to random people I don't know but I actually like it when the cashiers talk to me about the game I'm buying.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri May 10, 2013 2:45 pm

I think it's worse when co-workers don't know their shit as opposed to customers. Customers have more of a right to be dumb than people who work there an are actually supposed to know that stuff. Also girls who play animu games are cute <3

Anyways today i woke up with a hangover, and I haven't been drunk in eight years. Which one of you fuckers spiked my tea?!
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Fri May 10, 2013 4:03 pm

Krubixcube wrote:I think when you're in a job with bad people it doesn't matter what exactly happens to set you off, everything will be annoying. That's how I was last year as well. I'd be like "THEY SAID HELLO IN A VERY UNFRIENDLY MANNER" and shit like that.
This describes how I feel so perfectly. Thanks everyone, I feel like less of a raging bitch now. I mean seriously, is it so hard to hire people who know their alphabet? The bright side is I feel like a genius when surrounded by people like that.

I know GameStop wants and encourages us to really engage with the customers in conversation but I try my best to pick up a vibe from the person first. I can usually tell when someone absolutely doesn't want to chat, and I'm fine with that since I'd be the same way. But if someone is getting some niche RPG that no one else ever buys I get excited and try to talk with them about it.

And sorry Kay, I had some fun with you last night. I'll never tell what happened ♡
chocobot
chocobot

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri May 10, 2013 6:07 pm

chocobot wrote:
And sorry Kay, I had some fun with you last night. I'll never tell what happened ♡

If my suffering brought you pleasure then it was worth it <3 Make sure the pictures I know you took are put to good use Razz
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Fri May 10, 2013 7:19 pm

I enjoy a little bit of conversation when I buy a video game or something. But keep it short, I don't want to talk about EVERY SINGLE game that people are anticipating.
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next