The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Feedback, Suggestions and Help

+15
KillaAssassin11
chocobot
Captain N
Methane_Max
TheMatt
Nephilimi
Krubixcube
Motinator
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
pspiddy
BretBaber
Bannen
b.b.hagen
TripOpt55
19 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Feedback, Suggestions and Help - Page 8 Empty Re: Feedback, Suggestions and Help

Post by BretBaber Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:16 am

Yeah, what if we brought in that one guy that really liked The Dark Knight and thought Uncharted 2 was the most beautiful thing ever.  I can't remember his name, but he was on 1up and slightly crazy.  One time I remember messaging Trip about him because he was so weird.  It is the same person I believe greenman scared away and he never really came back to 1up. So if it stayed the core and kept those kind of loonies out it would be for the better.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Feedback, Suggestions and Help - Page 8 Empty Re: Feedback, Suggestions and Help

Post by SanAndreasX Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:38 am

I'd like to have some more 1UP alumni post here myself, as well as some good outsiders. However, for my part, I'd like to keep the kind of drama that folks like Gamemaster4747 and Brighat stirred up off of these boards.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:33 am

I admit, I'm not good at advertising. It was easy with the 1up blog, but tougher here. It would be cool to get some more activity here. I'm open to ideas. I've tried to get some other gaming friends here and they just don't seem interested. Thought they'd fit in well too, but what are you going to do.

I could do something on my blog like when I first started this on 1up where we tally up a top five and get quotes from people and post it as a blog but it will also maybe advertise the club though admittedly my new blog's traffic isn't particularly high, so it probably wouldn't help much.

So yeah I'm open to ideas, but not exactly sure how to handle it. I do agree with the people that said I don't want to add any drama to the boards in the process. I guess with more control here as opposed to 1up, I could just be a little quicker with the discipline if someone is out of line.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by BretBaber Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:36 pm

SanAndreasX wrote:I'd like to have some more 1UP alumni post here myself, as well as some good outsiders. However, for my part, I'd like to keep the kind of drama that folks like Gamemaster4747 and Brighat stirred up off of these boards.

Gamemaster was fun to read. He was purposely being a troll right? If not, it was still equally as enjoyable.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri May 02, 2014 9:41 am

I was thinking tentatively, in the spirit of the blogs at 1up, what if we had a few kind of...discussion based threads where the first poster kind of does a long-form post on a particular topic to discuss. I mean, essentially it's just writing a blog on the site, but I miss that aspect of 1up. Ranting in full about a particular topic and getting everyone's opinions on it.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri May 02, 2014 6:24 pm

You are welcome to do that for a thread anytime Twolf. Unless you'd like me to bring the Blogs section back out of the Archives? That will put more focus on that first post, but I imagine a regular thread will garner more discussion. Let me know what you want to do.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun May 04, 2014 11:22 am

I thought of individual threads...kind of like a user soapbox of the week kind of thing.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun May 04, 2014 10:54 pm

That would be ideal as it would just revive the 1up blogs.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun May 04, 2014 11:08 pm

Okay. I see what you guys are looking for. I'll try and whip up what you guys want some time this week. If I need a hand I may bother you about it spiddy.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon May 26, 2014 7:49 am

Ah this actually totally slipped my mind. Sorry about that. You said you saw what you had in mind on another forum around here. Can you link me to an example of what you were kind of thinking if you can find one. Just so I don't end up doing the wrong thing.

Whether it is worth it or not, I don't know. I won't use it but I'll read and comment on others, so if people want it I will try and make it happen.

Having said that, what Twolf was asking for (user soapbox type thing) would probably go over better as a traditional thread. Threads will promote discussion more than a blog will in its comments.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:58 am

Hey guys I will be working on adding the blogs thing that spiddy and Twolf requested a while back tonight. So leave it be while I set things up. I apologize for it taking me so long, but I was thinking you guys wanted something else and after spiddy talked to me again, I finally got it into my thick skull what he wanted. I will be back once I get things in order to actually discuss some ideas how to work this into the forums in a meaningful way once I get it up.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:00 am

I have it up and started. I am going to make a section for every active member. If you'd prefer not to have one I will just remove it but you will have to tell me to. I can always add it back if you change your mind. Also if you would like a different name than "Username's Blog" I could change that. Perhaps "Krubixcube's Musings" or something like that. As long as it is clear whose blog it is so users know who's section is who's.

Also this came up because Twolf wanted to do like soapbox discussions. If you want to work something out where a certain blog of yours gets a corresponding topic to discuss it in one of the forum's that is cool. If you'd rather just discuss that in the comments that is fine too. I don't know. We can figure that out.

Other notes:

-They will be in alphabetical order by username. No complaining about positioning!

-I'm thinking maybe we could think up some topic themes and have everyone that wanted to write a blog on it at some poin. A sort of contest-ish thing. I don't think I could pony up a prize at the moment, but maybe down the line whether chosen randomly or chosen by other users.

-Greenman you are the only person with blogs in the archive, if you'd like me to move them into your current one let me know and I will.

Edit: Had enough tonight. If I missed someone or messed something up I will fix it tomorrow. Even if no one really uses it, the option is there.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:05 pm

Yeah I can't find a way to take that out of the latest topics at the moment. You can always delete that blog or bump up a random other topic to knock it down for now!

I will see if there is a better option when I have a chance later.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:31 am

Thanks trip! I'll give it a test shot this weekend I reckon!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:25 pm

it wont let me post links anymore here keeps telling me "i haven't got the rights" I am not sure whats happening
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:26 pm

I hope this forum isn't turning into a feminist trying to make a point on us.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:29 pm

still doesnt work when i post with gender set as male.

I kind of wanted it that would have been funny
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:34 pm

gonna try posting an image

Feedback, Suggestions and Help - Page 8 Bs7vZa2CMAAto5V

well images work im confused. Maybe its a bug?
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:35 pm

Great, now I have to see Gies' ugly polygoned mug every time I come to this thread. We better get to the next page soon.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:37 pm

https://twitter.com/Kayshire_Cat

I think i figured out the problem its just that one link https://twitter.com/Kayshire_Cat

apparently we can't post best buy links
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:38 pm

I blame anime avatars.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:40 pm

I blame polygon avatars

Feedback, Suggestions and Help - Page 8 BtAv0oZCEAIbul_
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum