The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Chat Thread

+10
ajapam
Rainjar
avidacridjam
TripOpt55
volvocrusher
chocobot
pspiddy
Krubixcube
Miraculous Kaydybug
BretBaber
14 posters

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Chat Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Chat Thread

Post by TripOpt55 Sun May 17, 2015 5:15 pm

So I got to go to the convention yesterday. They cancelled The Flash panel because Tom Cavanaugh didn't make it, but I went to the Arrow one and the Once Upon a Time one. They were both really cool. The Arrow one had Manu Bennett (Deathstroke on Arrow, Crixus on Spartacus) and Willa Holland (Thea Queen). I'm actually not caught up on Once Upon a Time, but it had the people who played Elsa and Anna from Frozen on the show plus Robin Hood and the Wicked Witch. Both had really fun stories. I've always wanted to go to one of these panels after seeing them online at Comic-Con, so this was pretty cool. I had the front center seat for Arrow which was pretty crazy.

Also I didn't expect to meet anyone, but early on some of the lines for the photo ops/signings were empty. So I asked if I could just go talk to some of the people and they said yes (not really into the idea of paying for a picture with someone). So I ended up having a five minute conversation with Georgina Haig about Fringe (for those that watched that show she played Etta). So that was pretty awesome! The highlight of the day for me.

Otherwise I just wandered around looking at stuff. It would have been a lot more fun for comic fans. They had all these batmobiles (I got a picture of the Tumbler). Lots of people dressed up (I got a picture with a Jon Snow, saw a great Master Chief, Lightning and some Arrow people). There were some great artist booths that had cool stuff. I will post some pictures when I transfer them to my computer.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue May 19, 2015 12:39 am

Glad you had a good time. Excited to see the pictures!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri May 29, 2015 5:58 pm

Just got a weird job (day job for the monies). I start it in a couple of weeks. It promises to give me some good stories and some good money for my creative endeavors.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat May 30, 2015 2:50 am

Congrats!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat May 30, 2015 3:15 am

Congrats man. In other news I did a rant on The Witcher 3 while I played. Audio is crude, I know, but think I'll do more of these in the future.

volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat May 30, 2015 12:08 pm

Your thoughts on the walking cutscenes VERY much mirror my own. Just...make it a cutscene. Uncharted 3 was guilty of that a few times where I found myself broken from immersion because I was thinking "...Why do I have to do this?"
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat May 30, 2015 2:27 pm

The only time I accept those is when they're done like in HL2, because you can walk around and look at stuff and because the first-person cutscenes used in some shooters these days are the worst. But when you're actually trying to get somewhere, they're awful
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:13 am

Hey all, I figure E3 is a good time to do this forum thing again. I've been crazy busy with school stuff these last couple years, so I just couldn't keep up with this.

I've gotten pretty fed up with most of the internet stuff I waste my time on, so I'm cutting everything that isn't worthwhile. But that means I can actually spend time doing good things like talking with you all again.

I have one more semester of university left, starting in September. I was planning on buying a PS4 at that time, but I've decided to go minimalist on what I bring with me for the four months. I think I'll just get a big Vita memory card instead.

I've had a change of heart on my username again. I was Motinator for most of the time I spent on 1Up. When we found that guy who would change usernames, I changed to MotDrum. Then on this forum I went to just Mot. But I always remember that the guy who changed my 1Up name said he liked Motinator better. I've come to the conclusion that he was right!

Hope everyone here has been well!
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:49 am

Man, I thought you were dead! Good to see you! Sorry about the stressful university times. What you been studying?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:25 am

Hey mot! Long time no see
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:55 am

Nice to hear from you Mot. Motinator was always my favorite of your usernames as well.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:06 pm

Thanks Trip!

Yeah it's good to be back. I've been taking engineering. I just finished my fourth year, but I have one more semester because my program is weird.
Motinator
Motinator

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:45 am

Random question time: Do y'all believe in aliens and/or the supernatural?
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:47 am

Aliens yes without a doubt, but whether they've been to Earth or made contact with humans is a different story. I like to think they visited Earth or at least observed it at some point in history, though probably was so long ago that those particular aliens are vastly different today if they exist at all. Really unsure if they have contacted us or influenced humanity in any way. I could see that going either way.
Supernatural lean more towards no, but a few things make me not able to say for sure. Ghosts in particular are something I'd be inclined to be are real if anything.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:20 am

For me, saying aliens don't exist would be like saying you'd never get a royal flush if you played a nearly infinite number of poker games. Sure, it's possible and the chance of getting one in any one hand is small, but there's such a ridiculous number of opportunities that there's no way I'd bet against it. Not to mention another species wouldn't necessarily require the same conditions that any on earth do. I don't think there's a solid argument against it from an evolutionist standpoint.

I'm a definite yes on supernatural but I'm pretty sure most stories regarding it aren't true for one reason or another. Ignoring stories made up for fun, most of them remind me of the kind of things I'd often see (aka imagine) when I was a kid. I only ever saw one thing that I thought was real for more than a minute and it wasn't some "I saw it in the corner of my eye in the dark across the room" deal.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:24 am

Here's an interesting question: Do you think humanity could possibly be the most advanced civilization currently in the Milky Way galaxy? I would never think once we expand on that we could be the most or no other alien civilization has ever surpassed ours, but I'm unsure on our galaxy now. There could just be a bunch of animals on other planets right now or remains of once great civilizations.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:41 am

That's a good question. I'd like to think there's some super-advanced race out there that's learned the secret to peace who'd just let us integrate with them and use their awesome technology if we met. That's just wishful thinking though. With the relatively tiny amount of time in which humans have existed and will continue to exist, I'd bet that we are the most advanced in the galaxy right now. Wouldn't be completely surprised if ruins from some other civilization were discovered, though. That is if we put more time and money into space programs...
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:50 pm

Applied to California Highway Patrol and Santa Ana Police. Hoping I get into one of these two.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:54 pm

ajapam wrote:Random question time: Do y'all believe in aliens and/or the supernatural?

Aliens, yes. Just because statistically...life must exist, even if it's in a form we don't recognize. Do I think we'll make contact? VERY unlikely.

Supernatural? Ummmm, yes and no. I don't believe conspiracy theories and straight up "GHOSTS" but I do think there's a certain amount of supernatural things that might be something that science just hasn't explained yet.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:33 pm

I somehow missed this whole alien discussion, but yeah aliens/other life of some kind must exist somewhere. Supernatural stuff I give a no to.

Also good luck with the new applications Greenman.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:39 pm

I love conspiracy theories Twolf. The zanier the better.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:08 pm

But do you BELIEVE them?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:19 pm

I mostly just believe my own theory that hot dog makers and hot dog bun makers coordinate to never package the same quantity so that you always need more of one or the other. But their evil deeds will come to an end soon enough
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:26 am

That's not conspiracy, that's fact. Evil bastards.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:07 pm

So somebody gave my friend an old TV because he helped install their new one. He handed it down to me. When I say "old TV" I mean a big flatscreen from when they still cost thousands of dollars. It's 1080p but doesn't have HDMI inputs, so I'm using component cables for my Ps3 and Wii-U. I have to find an HDMI to DVI adapter with audio to get full HD on this thing, but whatever, it's much bigger and sounds better than my old one.

Anyway I go to watch a Blu-ray on this thing, but for some reason it's in 4:3, and if I stretch it out it doesn't look high-def at all. I checked the settings on the Ps3 but nope... turns out Sony removed the ability to play any HD video through component on new Ps3s. I am utterly baffled. Classic Sony
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:24 pm

How can it be 1080p without having HDMI? That's blowing my mind a little!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:54 am

Yup, through dvi. Though component is also capable of 1080p sometimes which few people know... Understandably because I have no idea when it is and isn't
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:56 pm

My friends' parents bought a HD TV when they were still pretty new. I'm pretty sure it could only play 1080i. So whenever we tried to play a game that only went to 720p, it went to standard def.
Motinator
Motinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:18 am

Went and saw Video Games Live last night in Red Rocks. Something very cool about hearing live video game music in surrounded by the crags of the earth!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:43 pm

Sounds pretty sweet!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down