The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Chat Thread

+10
ajapam
Rainjar
avidacridjam
TripOpt55
volvocrusher
chocobot
pspiddy
Krubixcube
Miraculous Kaydybug
BretBaber
14 posters

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Chat Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Chat Thread

Post by BretBaber Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:53 am

Working in customer service will teach you how to be a better more polite person, or at least it should.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:16 pm

BretBaber wrote:Working in customer service will teach you how to be a better more polite person, or at least it should.

Dunno. I think customer service has actually made me as mean as a snake with the shingles. That's part of why I'm moving into QA. Smile
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:11 pm

I would agree with both statements. It teaches you some valuable lessons in diplomacy (because, let's face it, sometimes we are the ones being the dicks) but it also teaches you to lie emotionally through your teeth.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:34 pm

Papers signed, just gotta wait for my background check and drug test results to go through. Have less than perfect credit, but no criminal record, and only take OTC allergy and heartburn medication. Should check out fine.

I'll be in "dry groceries" whatever that means, and yeah it involves helping customers so that will be fun.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:08 pm

im hired. have to wait till next week for orientation though since they only had saturday at 8am which doesnt really work for me, but i got the job.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:46 pm

gonna just try and relax this weekend cause it seems like next week is gonna be busy
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:46 am

Dry grocery just means grocery. They try to fancy shit up by throwing dumb adjectives in front of things. Basically, it's the aisles, and not the frozen, dairy, or meat sections. I'm glad I have a Wal-Mart friend on here now.

Can't remember if it was on here I did my daily customer rant, or if it was on another thread. Too lazy to look, and I just worked 1-10 and have to be back 8-5 tomorrow.

So I'm in the middle of helping someone, and the person comes up and interrupts, because their problems are always more important. She wants to know if this Moto E case will fit on this one phone that I've never seen, and it has a brand name like Compound or something on it. You can tell it's android from the home/back/settings buttons on the bottom, and I wanted to know the name of the phone and she says "It's an iPhone." I wanted to say "No dumb ass, that isn't an iPhone, and that's like the cheapest of cheap Android phones that you could ever find, and what the hell is Compound?", but I didn't. Any ways, she wants to know if the case will fit her phone and I tell her that it won't because it is designed specifically for the Moto E. She wants to check any ways, and she opens the package and puts the case on, realizes it doesn't fit, and then doesn't buy it. Now we have an opened product no one will ever buy. Thanks bitch.

My least favorite person of the day wasn't a customer though, it was my dumb ass associate I work with that called in and left me alone from 4-10. Fuck you Gregory whatever (because your personality is as dumb as your hair so I'll never learn your last name), I hope you're happy being 39 years old and that you have to ride your bike 2 miles to work you stinky bastard.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:16 am

Thats kind of what i figured at least it should keep me busy that area is fairly large, and everytime i go to walmart its like the grocery shelves arent stocked very well. Maybe it's Karma as to why i got assigned this area
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:52 am

Every now and then I have to go and help over there. My only complaint about it is that it will make you incredible hungry looking at the food. Maybe that's just me and my fat ass though.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:30 pm

Sorry to be off topic but Japanese students have a weird thing about photographing me in the street (my students, not random students). Like they'll see me outside of school and then ask to take a picture. And I say "It's OK if you want to be in the picture" and they reply that no, they just want a picture of me on my lonesome. As if they're taking evidence that I do indeed exist outside of the classroom.

Meanwhile, I'm supposed to teach some basic phonics to my 7th graders on Tuesday at my suggestion (because in the Japanese system, they teach them to read without teaching them the sounds of the letters...yay, backwards teaching styles) and I found a couple of phonics alphabet songs that I likely wont use but I was trying to find the best starting point and good lord, I found one that was in a weird minor key with an acoustic guitar thing happening in the background. It really disturbed me.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:36 pm

Maybe they just want to take a picture of their sexy American teacher.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:36 pm

Haha, I somehow doubt that but thanks for the compliment!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:22 pm

See, here, you're just another apple, but in Japan, you're an exotic fruit. Like an orange. Which is rare there.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:26 pm

volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:47 am

I need more Seinfeld quotes in my life.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:09 pm

I'm probably overthinking but Walmart still hasn't called me back. They were ready to hire me last week i just couldnt make that orientation they said they'd get back to me when they had this week's schedule and it's already tuesday.

Finding work is hard and i really hope this works out.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:23 pm

okay nevermind i called them and the person i got ahold of said "don't worry you have a job" so aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:50 am

Congrats! Earn that moolah, follow your dreams, etc etc!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:33 pm

I'm glad you called them to ease your mind. I probably would have been nervous in your position too lol. Congrats, Kay, I'm happy for you (^O^)
chocobot
chocobot
Will Eat Lizard Tails to Improve Stamina

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:30 pm

Thanks Smile

I still have no clue when ill be starting, and that still makes me nervous, but its a lot less nervwracking then knowing whether i have a job or not

i misspelled "nervwracking" and the spell check thinks its racketeering and im leaving it cause thats hilarious
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:26 pm

Most Christmas hires are in before Thanksgiving for at least a week. Unless they're all incompetent at that store, I'd say expect to be working by the end of next week.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:46 pm

Thats what im figuring too. They just seem to have a hell of a time scheduling orientations that aren't 8am saturday morning and i just can't make that without jumping through a bunch of hoops and actually getting to sleep at a decent time
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:12 pm

Okay orentation Saturday 12pm to 5pm. Good enough for me
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:49 pm

I don't know if you guys saw my little tirade about Best Buy on Twitter earlier this week, but they finally got back to me this afternoon and I felt the need to share...

For those who don't know, my account information-- password, e-mail, address and phone number kept being changed on my Best Buy account and I kept having to change it back for the past couple of weeks. I finally did some research and figured out there was another person with the same name as me all the way out in California that got his account linked to mine over two years ago.

This freaked me the fuck out, obviously. So I called customer service and the first group of people handled it horribly. They had me bouncing around to a variety of people for almost 3 hours and the best solution they could come up with was 'they are researching it and will get back to me in 7-10 business days.'

This really pissed me off, because this other person could see all of my personal info, including my Best Buy credit card info. So I continued to call their corporate office for a while and blasted them on Twitter/Facebook with not much luck. The following day I finally got a hold of someone at corporate who was actually willing to help me. He put a total lock on my account while he researched it so no one could access it.

He just called me back today and told me that he determined it was my account originally and it was just a freak mistake that caused our things to get merged. He said he had never seen that before. To compensate for it, he upgraded my account to 2 years of elite pro status, which gives me 25% rewards points on all purchases... 2 years of the gamers club unlocked which gives me 20% off all games purchases, among other things... and $250 in Best Buy Rewards points, which I just used to buy the following free of charge!

Bayonetta 2, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Dragon Age Inquisition, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, and Smash Bros for Wii U with the Gamecube adapter

I just felt the need to share, because I blasted them pretty bad for handling it poorly, but I have to give them props for making it right. I was ready to close my account and never shop there ever again... but I got a sincere apology from someone pretty high up at corporate and got a nice haul and some nice store benefits as well. But this was again a reminder to myself and to everyone that when these kind of things happen... if you keep your cool and don't start swearing at them-which I'm glad I did not--you usually get a positive result.

TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:00 pm

Well that is sweet. I did stop shopping there for the most part. I never had anything as bad as that, but the people at my store are just super incompetent and I would have to end up calling customer service like all the time to get things sorted. I got kind of fed up. Before I started renting it was worth the hassle I guess because of the GCU, but now I don't buy many games new.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:08 pm

As long as your credit never got hurt it sounds like you made out like a bandit. Good on you. Maybe I should check my Best Buy account. I only ever got it to purchase a TV, but now you have me a little worried.

I did see your post on Twitter. After I saw it I went to my email and I got something about how my email had been compromised at Home Depot and they apologize for this. Sadly I don't want anything from Home Depot, their swag doesn't compare to the swag you got.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:41 pm

The first Pratt's BS, but the reward stuff is cool. You get Inquisition on PC or PS4?
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next