The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+13
Motinator
Rainjar
avidacridjam
TripOpt55
TheMatt
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
ajapam
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
pspiddy
KillaAssassin11
BretBaber
17 posters

Page 21 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 21 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri May 30, 2014 4:00 pm

I love what they did with the old stages Toad's Turnpike was one of my least favorite courses but its one of my favorites in 8

My id is GoddessOfTheSeal
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat May 31, 2014 12:14 am

pspiddy wrote:I'm curious, do you guys think ALBW controls well? Personally, I think this game is fun but has shit controls. If I were to grade it on a scale of Pong to Modern Warfare 3, I'd give it a Jungle Hunt II.

They were...servicable but I didn't feel like everything was super precise, especially when fighting enemies that required me to dodge. I mean, sometimes trying to line up shots was annoying too because the analogue nub thing isn't the most precise thing in the world.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat May 31, 2014 2:10 am

I liked the controls in ALBW. What I really liked was how fast Link's movement speed was.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by A Roguish Ham Sat May 31, 2014 6:18 pm

Yeah, movement in ALBW did feel squishy somehow...
A Roguish Ham
A Roguish Ham
Currently Looking Through Their Ascot Closet

http://www.pixlbit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sat May 31, 2014 9:05 pm

Replayed Journey for the first time since launch. How can one game be so perfect.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat May 31, 2014 9:27 pm

Started up Bravely Default in addition to playing Dishonored with everyone here.

So far I am LOVING Bravely Default, it's like the Square RPG they should have been making...well, since ever. I mean, as happy as I am that Square is vowing to go back to basics, how stupid to you have to be to not realize that the types of games that you were good at making and made you successful are the types of games that people like playing and make you successful.

Square: "So we're really good at making RPGs and people really like playing them...LET'S MAKE A SHOOTER!"

(One Mindjack later)

Square: "RIght, so Mindjack. Bad idea. Who came up with that? Was it you...JERRY? Haha, just kidding, Jer-Jer. Still love you. I blame that failure squarely, pun intended, on the consumers. They just weren't ready for our take on western genre. Back to the drawing board, boys! I'm thinking we stop MAKING the games and just counting the money from other people's efforts sound good? Great!"

(Many failed projects and a Bravely Default later...)

Square: "Hold on. Hold on. So you're telling me that those disgusting niche games, what are they calling them now Jerry...R...Pee...Geeees, are doing well. Yes, I know what niche means Jerry, Western audiences like blowing things up remember? All that success with the Final Fantasies, that was just a fluke, the focus groups determined that. But BRAINSTORM: perhaps if we make more games like the ones that we actually became successful on, people will like us and we'll make money. I know, I'm a genius or something. I DON'T CARE THAT YOU PROPOSED THAT IN THE STAFF MEETING TWO YEARS AGO JERRY! GO BACK TO YOUR CAGE!"
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by TripOpt55 Sat May 31, 2014 10:03 pm

Along with Watch Dogs and Layton, I have been playing Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy on the Vita. I always wanted this game on a handheld. Unfortunately the framerate leaves quite a bit to be desired. Still fun to be able to play it while watching basketball, but definitely not the ideal way to experience this wonderful game.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat May 31, 2014 10:06 pm

I've heard a lot of complaints about the framerate. Is it just that it's not 60 or does it get choppy a lot?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:27 am

Can you buy the first Jak by itself or do you have to get them all? The third one is all right, but I truly only love the first game. Was thinking about buying that yesterday, weird that you started playing it, makes me want it a little more.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:40 am

I'm not sure on that one Bret. I guess you'll have to check the PS Store.

As for the framerate, it isn't terribly inconsistent (like there are not big dips or slowdowns), but it is so far from 60 fps. It feels like your typical last gen game like in the high 20s or 30, but I don't know for sure. It could just feel worse than it is because I am used to the silky smooth 60 fps of the original. I am told after the first hub area it actually improves, but I am still in that first part, so not sure.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:46 am

Been playing Mario Kart 8 and it's freaking awesome, the first character I unlocked was Rosalina. Nintendo must love me or something.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:48 am

2048 is just Threes! with all the charm ripped out of it.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:49 am

pspiddy wrote:I just noticed how awesome my now playing list is at the moment: ALBW, Watch Dogs, Dishonored, FFX, and 2048 (fantastic mobile puzzle game). I'll be on system overload if the wife picks up MK8. Good times.

Neat, I made the tournaments thing so we can play if you get Mario Kart 8. They are on the MK8 thread.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:10 am

Cool, hopefully we can get Kay, Matt, and Greenman to join.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:12 am

Also 2's work so much better than 3's for a game like that.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:07 pm

Why do 2s work so much better? It is pretty much the same thing in practice once you get past adding 1s and 2s. You add 3s with 3s just like you add 2s with 2s. You add 6s with 6s just like you add 4s with 4s. It makes no difference right? I would argue the 1s and 2s adds an extra layer of challenge to managing your board.

As for whether it is worth it spiddy. Probably not. Even though I think Threes is better, it isn't so different that that it'd be worth paying for a similar app. The way tiles slide works a little different, but otherwise they are very similar.

Edit: I'm being horribly disagreeable this weekend... haha. I don't know what my deal is!

Last edited by TripOpt55 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:08 pm

The one thing I really like about the first Jak game is that it's actually fun to get a 100% completion or a platinum without cheating. Most games have collectibles and they're not fun to find, but that game is. I've only ever played it twice (PS2 and PS3 HD remake) and both times I got the 100% completion. Where did you get it from Trip, and what did you pay?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:18 pm

Honestly I am renting it from Gamefly since I heard the Vita port was really bad. I feel like only Jak 1 is a good fit for Vita since the other games are too button heavy. I may keep it though depending out how those games play on Vita.

100%ing The Precursor Legacy is really the only way to play it. Leave no precursor orb, power cell or scout fly behind!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:37 pm

TripOpt55 wrote:100%ing The Precursor Legacy is really the only way to play it. Leave no precursor orb, power cell or scout fly behind!

I agree "100%"! Har har. The other games I didn't care to try to 100% because there easy way too much collecting, where as the first game wasn't simple but wasn't too hard either. I just went to amazon and put it in my cart, and if I see it drop in price I'll probably purchase it. Really though, I should probably move on to Final Fantasy X-2, the Metal Gear Solid HD collection that I recently bought, and the 4-5 free Vita games I've received before moving on to other things, but I'm a stupid idiot.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:19 am

Honestly, I'm not a fan of adding the 1's with 2's. With just 2's, it's simple, occasionally they throw you a 4 but slap two 2's together and they go into that. 1's and 2's make it seem a little more dependent on luck. Like when I had a match where 4 1's were filling the board without a 2 in sight. I had nothing I could do with those things. I think the idea works better when it's kept really simple and feel 2048 does a better job of that. It's kind of like Bayonetta vs DMC. DMC came first and Bayo is basically just a DMC clone, but what it did change made it the better game.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:44 am

Whatever the hell volvo and Trip is talking about is really confusing.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:04 am

To each their own I guess. I completely disagree. 2048 feels too easy to me (due to corner pushing) I guess in comparison. Having to manage 1s and 2s and the way tiles slide makes it harder to manage the board and you have to think multiple moves ahead. Felt like a step back when I went to 2048. I have only played the web version of 2048, but from a presentation standpoint it comes off as completely dull in comparison.

Regardless of which is better, Bayo is by the creator of DMC. This form of copying is more like a Zynga move. Having said that I don't like Threes! better because it was first. I like it better because it is better in my opinion. It does kind of suck for the developers though. Threes! feels like a game with heart and when you read about how they iterated on it, you know they really put a lot of work into it.

Edit: Spiddy we need your opinion on this. I believe you bought Threes.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:30 am

So I started Pokemon Y and I must say...I do like it but it doesn't feel like the big step forward I was expecting. The interface still feels like something that's 15 years old, the movement is hardly 3D (8 directions...in 2014 they've finally equaled the SNES in range of movement *clapclapclap*), and I found myself wanting that bottom screen to give me all the info dumps that i expect from 3DS rpgs these days. Tell me what the move I've selected does. Tell me if this move will be effective against the current pokemon (cheating, you might say, PROGRESS I say).

That said, it's still a good pokemon experience so far. Why are none of my forum people showing up in my friends list though? ;_;
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:22 pm

You need to be online (in game) at the same time as them for them to show up.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:21 pm

pspiddy wrote:I finally get the joke so many web comics make about Big N doing the "you play too much" thing. I clamshell my 3DS and sleep my Vita so having a handheld game bitch at me is obnoxious. Granted I understand where they're coming from with the disturbing aspect of death by stupidity, Nintendo is on a short leash with me and my purchasing power.

Very annoying to say the least. I'm gonna go ahead and predict this e3 as a "who fucks up least" convention.

Whatever, Zelda looks great and plays well regardless the bullshit ass-wiping Nintendo feels necessary to push.

/endrant

I haven't noticed that too much except with A Link Between Worlds. The "you play too much thing" seems to be a big concern in East Asia in general, however. Japan has a sizable hikkikomori subculture of shut-ins that spend their entire lives locked in their rooms playing computer games, which is where part of that comes from. I think there are similar concerns in South Korea about MMO players, and China has harsh laws on the books which require MMO operators in China to cripple their players after x number of hours of play.

Did you ever play Earthbound? In that game, your never-seen dad will call you after an hour or so of solid playing to remind you that you really should take a break.

Enix does it to a degree with Dragon Quest games as well. I'm lucky Square didn't do it back on the SNES. I played Final Fantasy VI for fourteen hours straight the first time I got it (first FF game I ever played). I probably would have had Kefka saying "You fool! Turn this fucking thing off and get your ass in bed, or YOU'LL REGRET IT!"
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:30 pm

What do they do in Dragon Quest, not sure if I've ever seen what you speak of.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:36 pm

BretBaber wrote:What do they do in Dragon Quest, not sure if I've ever seen what you speak of.

The games encourage you to take a rest every time you save. The games also freeze up the system when you do "take a rest" and tell you to turn it off. It's not as in-your-face as Earthbound, but that's still part of the nannying that some of these games do.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next