The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Anticipated Games

+21
fufu_kitty
Rainjar
KillaAssassin11
Nephilimi
pspiddy
CountryRubes
Methane_Max
avidacridjam
Krubixcube
BretBaber
chocobot
Captain N
TheMatt
Miraculous Kaydybug
SanAndreasX
Motinator
Bannen
ajapam
b.b.hagen
TripOpt55
volvocrusher
25 posters

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Anticipated Games - Page 24 Empty Re: Anticipated Games

Post by BretBaber Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:57 am

top 10 in the world? if so, that seems highly impressive.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:46 am

Well congrats. Like I said before, you're like Rambo/Commando.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:46 am

He just puts the controller in his beard and waits for the magic to happen...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:02 pm

So how do we feel about a new Batman by Rocksteady. Looks like Arkham Knight will be revealed tomorrow via a GI cover story.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:11 pm

I'm pretty much Batman'd out already. I know everybody loves Batman, but everybody loved zombies at one point, too.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:23 pm

I'm with ajapam. I mean, if the gameplay videos come out and it looks amazing I will care, but on the merit of it being batman alone I'm not super excited. Not like if, say, a new Deus Ex was announced >_>
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:34 pm

I'm with you guys. My heart was hoping that Rocksteady might work on something different, but my brain knew they'd just be doing another Batman.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:35 pm

I'm pretty disappointed too. I'll probably play it eventually, but it just doesn't excite me.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:42 pm

I didn't play Origins, not sure if I will... but I'm ok with giving them a go on the new consoles with Batman. I just hope this is the last hurrah for them, because not only do I want them working on someone else, I really don't want any more Batman games for a while.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:42 pm

Apparently it is going to end the series, so there's that. Adding the Batmobile sounds like the next logical step and maybe it will work, but I kind of feel they don't know how to expand on this format. They just made an awesome Batman game, never expecting to do a sequel and aren't sure how to handle them now.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:03 pm

The batmobile and the idea that it's the end of the series makes me interested enough. Then if they turn around and say there's going to be another one after this... meh
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Waggy Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:42 pm

Although Dark Souls II is just around the corner, I'm surprisingly not anticipating it even due I played the first religiously.

The only game I'm interested in (and anticipating) is Drakengard 3.
It's a real shame that Square chose to fuck the PAL region up the arse dry when it came to Drakengard; I would have bought the collector's edition in a flash.

Waggy
Waggy
Sand Thrower

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:45 pm

Surprised to see everyone so disappointed by the new Batman game. I didn't really like City but enjoyed Asylum quite a bit so I'm interested in seeing what they do to make improvements. Did anyone actually bother with Origins? I hate superhero stuff in general, Batman being no exception, but the combat system has always been solid enough to make slugging through everything else worth while.

Also Waggy is a friend of mine.

Also also I finally got around to preordering Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes. Not sure why I had been waiting so long but whatever.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:05 pm

I think everyone just wants to see the game developers moving on to something new. Like you I preferred Asylum. Moving around City was just too much of a chore for me.

Downloading Dead Nation, excited to give it a whirl.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by lenny.b Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:59 am

lenny.b
lenny.b
Asks for the "Guile" at the Barbershop

http://lbenologa.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:01 am

After interviews with her about Uncharted 3...I'm not SUPER bugged by it. However, I'm also someone who thinks Naughty Dog should move on from Uncharted to a new IP (yes, The Last of Us was very good, but I don't want a sequel to that either) but hey...what the hell do I know.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:00 pm

Was she the one who basically said games shouldn't have gameplay? Or was that the Bioware chick?
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:49 pm

Amy is very talented and has a great resume (along with Uncharted she worked on the Legacy of Kain games before that). I would like to know the whole story on this as I don't know how to take the whole Bruce/Neil forced her out thing since IGN can be a little sensationalist at times.

Even looking at it from Twolf's perspective, this hurts the chance of a new IP happening soon too. If Bruce and Neil take over on Uncharted PS4, then it will be even longer until they work on another game and they seemed 50/50 on a TLOU sequel or new IP.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:04 pm

I'm with Krubix on this. I'm not bothered that much and I want ND as far away from Uncharted as possible, especially after 3 (I know it was missing half the dev team due to TLOU but it felt like that was their major chance to make the characters more than just Hollywood cliches)

@ajapam That was Jennifer Hepler, also known as Hamburger Helper, the Bioware chick. She said her least favourite part of video games was playing the game and they should contain the ability to skip straight to the story. She left a while ago but the fact she ever had a job in a games company is pretty horrifying. Maybe she should tag up with thechineseroom eh?
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:18 pm

I bet even thechineseroom wouldn't want her. At least they don't want to turn games into movies. She's probably just a failed screenwriter who turned to games

Hopefully this doesn't affect Naughty Dog too much and Amy lands somewhere good. I can't see an Uncharted writer having trouble finding a job
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:37 pm

Very disappointing news. Every single Uncharted game I love so obviously I want them to keep the series going. A lot of bad video games news as of late.

Not sure if anyone knows but there were layoffs from the company that put out Thief. It seems like bad reviews of games = layoffs. Kind of wish there wasn't reviews anymore and people just trusted their own instincts.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:43 pm

People trusting their own instincts would just lead them to sticking with what's safe more often.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:46 pm

BretBaber wrote:Very disappointing news.  Every single Uncharted game I love so obviously I want them to keep the series going.  A lot of bad video games news as of late.  

Not sure if anyone knows but there were layoffs from the company that put out Thief.  It seems like bad reviews of games = layoffs.  Kind of wish there wasn't reviews anymore and people just trusted their own instincts.  

Metacritic is a bleeding rectal cancer on the entire video game industry. Especially given the fact that game journalism has completely gone to shit these days. Any little podunk website in Hungary can post a bad review on Metacritic and trash a game's sales
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:20 pm

I don't have an issue with Metacritic as something that exists. I like being able to look up a game and find opinions that are extraordinarily positive alongside ones more critical of the game, it gives me a better idea of what to expect. The real thing shutting down these developers and causing layoffs are the guys who have too much of a say on things that are not best for a game or developer because they're misinformed or it suits their self interest. Then when everything falls apart, they have the power to keep themselves from taking responsibility for that shit.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:09 pm

Amen, Greenman. Amen
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:37 pm

volvocrusher wrote:I don't have an issue with Metacritic as something that exists. I like being able to look up a game and find opinions that are extraordinarily positive alongside ones more critical of the game, it gives me a better idea of what to expect. The real thing shutting down these developers and causing layoffs are the guys who have too much of a say on things that are not best for a game or developer because they're misinformed or it suits their self interest. Then when everything falls apart, they have the power to keep themselves from taking responsibility for that shit.

The problem with Metacritic is that most people don't read opinions, including the corporate bean-counters. While links to the reviews are available on the site, most people never get past the aggregate score the site posts. And Metacritic's system of scoring is part of why anything less than an 8 is seen as "bad" by the gaming community. Because of our days in public school, where anything less than a 70 out of 100 (a C -) is seen as a failure, and even a solid C isn't really acceptable to most parents - that little crappy Hungarian site gives a game they didn't like a 70 when it's been getting good, solid scores from everyone else, and it drags the whole game down and makes it look bad. Even publishers subscribe to Metacritic numbers, most famously with Obsidian losing a huge, critical bonus for Fallout: NV because their MC average was one point below what Bethesda wanted.

And speaking of letter grades, when a reviewer gives a game a "C", he's thinking a "C" is a respectable, but not fantastic score, a 75 out of 100, again drawing from his experiences in school. Metacritic weighs that same "C" as a 50 out of 100, which would mean you flunked you exam or essay pretty badly at school.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:27 pm

Those aren't really issues with Metacritic itself though, but how people use it. The C=50 thing is stupid, I'll give you that. But they kind of have to put the scores there even if people just read those. Really the emphasis should be on whether they get the average warrants a red, yellow, or green color. That's the main issue with review scores, we use too god damn many and it turns into this huge thing about the minor differences. There's no real reason to use more than five metrics to score a game.

And focusing on the numbers like Bethesda did is one of those stupid decisions I just mentioned. We should be criticizing the people at Bethesda for ordering that, not Metacritic for providing them a stupid way to do it. Because let's face it, without Metacritic they'd find another stupid, out of touch way to judge whether they'd give bonuses.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next