The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+15
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
avidacridjam
Rainjar
Bannen
Motinator
KillaAssassin11
chocobot
ajapam
BretBaber
TripOpt55
pspiddy
volvocrusher
Miraculous Kaydybug
19 posters

Page 11 of 34 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 11 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by chocobot Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:39 pm

Bought Kingdom Hearts HD with no intention of playing it anytime soon... that did not last long. I forgot how much I love that game. I doubt I'll be able to go for the platinum though omg :/
chocobot
chocobot
Will Eat Lizard Tails to Improve Stamina

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:03 pm

Well my 360 died Sad I am going to mull over my options, but at the moment I'm just a little disgusted. I don't use it very often, but having just bought Splinter Cell for it kind of hurts. Bah. Oh well I guess I'll just be playing Puppeteer for now.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Is it worth it for me to pick up Puppeteer right away, Trip? I feel like jumping on it but I'm not so sure about dropping another $40 when I have so many games already
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:32 pm

I was curious as to the quality of Puppeteer as well. I really want that game, Kingdom Hearts HD, as well as a million other things. Do a review of it without any spoilers.

@ajapam - I see you started Ni No Kuni, in my opinion you're playing the greatest game of the year, so if you skip out on Puppeteer for now you should be fine.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:02 pm

Yes, I am playing Ni No Kuni. I'm enjoying it more now that I'm playing the full game
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:22 pm

I didn't really care for the demo if that is what you're referring to. I never like demos. Especially RPG ones where level grinding will benefit me in no way.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:52 pm

I'll definitely let you know how Puppeteer is when I play more of it. I only played about one hour so far. Seems okay, but not blowing me away, but it is a little early to judge.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:02 pm

Keep in mind the demo I am referencing is Ni No Kuni and not Puppeteer. Never played Puppeteer demo.

I really look forward to the visual aspect of Puppeteer, looks like a feast for the eyes!
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:03 am

52 hours and 28 minutes

Now Playing - Page 11 BT7PKRVCEAEjeY2

Did it all in one run too along with every possible mission in the game. I feel accomplished.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:10 am

RPG demos should always give you powered up characters...

Whoever at Ubisoft put together the Rayman demos for Origins and Legends though is a god-damn genius. Origins was the last game that convinced me to buy it based soley on the demo.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:35 am

I've been thoroughly enjoying Killzone. I've mainly been playing the multiplayer, but did 2 campaign missions. Enemy AI seems kind of stupid, but they throw enough of them at you to make it hard.

Multiplayer is where I'll spend a good amount of my time. They've changed warzone, but I think most already know that. The only mode I don't like is Interrogate, only because it isn't the easiest thing to accomplish. Doesn't help that when you finally sneak up on someone your team shoots him dead from the front.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:14 pm

BretBaber wrote:Keep in mind the demo I am referencing is Ni No Kuni and not Puppeteer.  Never played Puppeteer demo.

I really look forward to the visual aspect of Puppeteer, looks like a feast for the eyes!
It definitely doesn't disappoint visually. It really does look amazing and they play up the whole puppet/theater aspects like crazy complete with cheers and reactions from the crowd. Really cool from that perspective. The gameplay is solid too. I'm not going to lie coming off of Rayman probably doesn't help this game in that aspect. There is so much depth to that game's moveset and this one is a little more shallow by comparison. The jumping still feels good and the scissors are a neat addition to the platforming. Again, I am quite early in the game.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:00 pm

My girlfriend has picked up Rayman and we're gonna binge on it all weekend. I am...super stoked.

Also picked up Ni No Kuni (DS) again, which is still great, and my reading Japanese has gotten better so it's moving a bit faster.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by lenny.b Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:24 am

Krubixcube wrote:Also picked up Ni No Kuni (DS) again, which is still great, and my reading Japanese has gotten better so it's moving a bit faster.
全部理解できるの?
lenny.b
lenny.b
Asks for the "Guile" at the Barbershop

http://lbenologa.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lenny.b Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:31 am

Been playing Dishonored for hours at a time, and ruined my sleep pattern staying up until 3am last night. I even wrecked my gym schedule for that game. Anyway, I'm really digging it a lot. It kind of reminds me of Metal Gear Solid meets Assassin's Creed meets The Count of Monte Cristo. Smile
lenny.b
lenny.b

Back to top Go down

Post by lenny.b Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:33 am

Kayshire Cat wrote:52 hours and 28 minutes. Did it all in one run too along with every possible mission in the game. I feel accomplished.
Impressive!
lenny.b
lenny.b

Back to top Go down

Post by lenny.b Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:39 am

TripOpt55 wrote:Well my 360 died :(I am going to mull over my options, but at the moment I'm just a little disgusted. I don't use it very often, but having just bought Splinter Cell for it kind of hurts. Bah. Oh well I guess I'll just be playing Puppeteer for now.
Sorry to hear about that, Trip. I heard that GameStop buys broken Xbox systems, but I doubt you'd get a good deal for it (especially from GameStop). I know my busted PS3 would earn ~$100 for scrap parts via Craigslist at one point; just not too sure about the Xbox.

That reminds me: Does anyone know if the XBox One will play blu-ray? I know it's a conflict of interest, but I feel like it's kind of a necessity to validate Xbox One's price.
lenny.b
lenny.b

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by BretBaber Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:57 am

Doesn't it only play games in blu-ray, but doesn't actually work as a blu-ray player? That's what I thought I heard/read.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:36 pm

Nah I remember a big deal was people could still play Blu-Ray without checking in when Xbone has the DRM
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:46 pm

Ni No Kuni is... something. It has plenty of charm, the visuals and music are great. The Studio Ghibli collaboration did wonders for this game. There's enough of good stuff here to make me push through the whole thing.

Apart from that, it holds you back far more than it needs to and the combat is just kind of ok. Boss battles are particularly dull as at least 75% percent of my time (and I'm not exaggerating that percentage at all) is spent running around until I get more MP or until the boss is stunned. I brought that up after playing the demo, but it's an even bigger problem with the second boss. I do appreciate having the ability to dodge, though.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:05 am

I can't remember much of the game since I played through it so fast. For me personally, I loved everything about the game. My favorite part was that Oliver was such a good kid, and that something horrible happened to him. He was a main character that I felt a sadness for, and hoped his journey ended happy. From beginning to end, it was a lovable game.

I've heard others on here say the game was hard, but I never struggled on a boss more than once. Most of the boss battles I'd use familiars, and switch to Oliver for healing when necessary, so I don't recall much MP farming.

It was everything I love/want in an RPG, something games like Skyrim, Fallout, Dragon's Age, or Mass Effect I know will never give me.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Krubixcube Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:59 am

@lenny 何となくします、漢字はちょっと難しいけどね

Finally beat Last of Us and feel depressed, which is good because I have Rayman to fix that right up and so far, Last of Us, Bioshock and Rayman are right up there for top 3 games this year. Though I couldn't say in particular what order...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:09 am

I'm actually having a pretty easy time sorting out my favorite games of the year for once. Well, I know my #1 so far and my top 5 are easy to choose at least
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:13 am

Yeah, it has been way easier this year. Given I haven't played that many NEW games this year but so far what I have played left very strong impressions.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:54 am

This is definitely my favorite year this gen. So many great games coming out like crazy. And that's with a lot of highest rated games being ones I think are really overrated or don't see in my top 10 like Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite (even though I still really like it) and Ni No Kuni.

@Bret Don't think it's fair to say those games don't deliver what you want from a JRPG when that's never been the goal of a WRPG. The genres are so different once you get past they're both centered on leveling, might as well say Metal Gear doesn't deliver it.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:17 am

Bought the MGS:Legacy Collection. Hopefully I can pull myself through the cutscenes.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:49 pm

I think Ni no Kuni is still standing as my GOTY, but Tales of Xillia is a close second so far. NnK was an amazing experience for me.

@volvocrusher I think what Bret means is that Ni no Kuni gave him an experience that touched him in a way that WRPGs don't quite reach, especially in light of how fashionable it is for the last dying remnants of the gaming press to shit on JRPGs (I hate that term, BTW) and gush over WRPGs. I felt that way myself, and I'd rank Fallout: New Vegas right behind Valkyria Chronicles and Ni no Kuni (and maybe Xillia) as my favorite game of the generation.

Anyway, I found a copy of the Dragon's Crown artbook at a game store in Gilbert, Arizona, and picked it up. I found another used game store in Tempe that I think is probably the best used game store I've ever seen. It had so many rare treasures. Next time I'm in Arizona I'm going on a shopping spree there.

I also picked up Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD on my way back home. My PS2 copy of KH got stolen a long time ago. Sad
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:03 pm

Yeah, I know. I'm just saying the genres don't really compare as much as everyone thinks. Reviewers may act like WRPGs fill the void, but even if they don't, the quality they've had this gen has been noticeably better than JRPGs. I still get that you two do prefer it by far and it scratches an itch no other game can, but it's not another RPGs fault for not doing it when it's not even attempting that.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 34 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next