The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

What have you been listening to?

+10
Motinator
TheMatt
Krubixcube
AlexC-25
ajapam
pspiddy
BretBaber
avidacridjam
Miraculous Kaydybug
TripOpt55
14 posters

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

What have you been listening to? - Page 4 Empty Re: What have you been listening to?

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:47 am

I went and saw The Killers in Atlantic City tonight. It was pretty awesome!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

What have you been listening to? - Page 4 Empty Re: What have you been listening to?

Post by Motinator Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:04 pm

The scope of what I will do for work increases hugely when I can listen to music. I like Blurred Lines. It's not like it's trying to be anything other than a fun catchy song. And I'd take the song and it's music video over that new Miley Cyrus crap, that everyone loves, any day
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:06 am

I like this single, it interest me to try out their album.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:43 am

I got the trial for Spotify Premium. Pretty cool being able to load whatever onto my phone and listen to it at the gym. I found a thread elsewhere about best albums so far this year and have been trying to find some new stuff I like from it I'm currently listening to these:

Atlus Genius - When It Was Now (have heard this on the radio, my favorite of this bunch so far)
Bastille - Haunt EP (this one I did know about but kind of forgot about)
The National - Trouble Will Find Me (this one I'm not really feeling so far)
Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City (good, my brother loves this band, but I never really gave them a shot)
Waxahatchee -Cerulean Salt (Dug this one quite a bit so far too)
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:52 am

Hey Trip, give Ms Mr a go. From the little I've heard I really like them.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:00 am

I added that to the mix. Will give it a shot this week sometime.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:09 am

I'm not surprised that you aren't a fan of The National, trip. I like them, but it never struck me as the kind of thing you'd like.

I've been listening to Animal Collective's "Merriweather Post Pavillion." There's some seriously good pop tracks on that album. Sometimes I wish they'd just stick with that... They get a bit too weird for me at times
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:25 am

Songs I've heard from The National are good, but it's definitely not a pleasing listen. His vocals can be rather boring.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:07 am

How do you like Spotify Trip? I have Rdio and I love it
Motinator
Motinator

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:18 am

In the past month or so, I had to work with a couple of teens in finishing the floor stripping/waxing and we talked about country music (I live in Arkansas, so that's a given). This one kid loved the current stuff and he asked me what I thought of modern country and I told him stopped listening to it after 2001. In the mid-90s I gravitated towards rock and other genres and the only reason I heard it at all was that the grocery store I worked at (first job) played a modern top country station and that's what I heard for 3 1/2 years. At some particular point, the mainstream stuff started sounding the same: same arrangements, subject matter and even the singers sounded the same. It has no flavor or identity these days.

It did inspire me to boot up Spotify and make myself a "Country Music Done Proper" playlist. I'm not done adding songs but right now it's at 187 tracks and there's not a song that came out after 1995 so far. That's what I've been listening to recently.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:11 am

I am really liking Spotify Mot. I did try Rdio for a trial as well which also seemed great, but I sort accidentally started that trial and didn't use it or dig into its library much and just sort of migrated back to Spotify since that is what I'd been using on my computer.

Realized Paper Route released a new album last year... whoops. Listened to that today.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:17 pm

I don't know how I haven't thought of this before, but as I was laying in bed with my cat listening to her purr away, the idea of filming her purr sessions to use for my own greedy gain popped into my head. I'm gonna make numerous recordings of her purring so I can transfer it to my iPod so I can get some sleep at night!

All in all, I'm gonna be listening to my cat purr, a lot.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:45 pm

Mot wrote:How do you like Spotify Trip? I have Rdio and I love it
Do you ever have trouble finding anything on Rdio? Right now I use Grooveshark because it's free, but it's kind of hit and miss when it comes to finding some things. Classic rock seems especially hard to find
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:21 pm

ajapam wrote:
Mot wrote:How do you like Spotify Trip? I have Rdio and I love it
Do you ever have trouble finding anything on Rdio? Right now I use Grooveshark because it's free, but it's kind of hit and miss when it comes to finding some things. Classic rock seems especially hard to find
I don't have trouble very often. There are some random artists that have absolutely nothing, but I'm assuming those are just the ones that don't want anything to do with the internet. I don't have a lot of obscure tastes but they do have all of the less known music which I listen to.

I like it because they actually seem to be working hard on the whole platform. They just got the auto radio station thing (like Pandora). From what I've seen, Spotify is doing well too though. Twitter music is pretty cool. You can hook up either your Rdio or Spotify account and listen to trending music according to Twitter and who you follow.
Motinator
Motinator

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:51 pm

Thanks, Mot. I just subscribed. Let us celebrate this new arrangement with the adding of chocolate to milk.

And by listening to Pet Sounds. So good

ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:22 pm

sweet, I'm motdrum on there if you wanna add me
Motinator
Motinator

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:35 am

It looks like I already have you from when I did the free trial a loonnng time ago
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:51 am

oh haha, I thought about that but I thought it was only last.fm
Motinator
Motinator

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:57 am

Listening to my 4th favorite album of all time, Placebo's "Without You I'm Nothing". A great album that is immensely ignored by all. I wish they didn't grow up, get mature, get somewhat clean, and still wrote this dark and beautiful music.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:12 am

Been listening to Julia Holter's "Loud City Song" and Daft Punk's "Random Access Memories." These are probably my top 2 albums of the year so far, with the former just edging out the latter for the top spot. I feel kind of bad for spending most of my time with my new Rdio subscription on these two albums, haha
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:42 pm

If I really get to like an album on Rdio I'll usually buy the physical of it. Even though I can already listen to it on Rdio haha but I like to support people and know I have the best quality. The last albums I did this for was the new Paramore and Dallas Smith.
Motinator
Motinator

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:23 am

I saw that Julia Holter album mentioned in the other thread I was at too. I'm going to give it a try.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:42 am

Been on an absolute Queen binge lately \m/ >_<

Might use the chance to add a few more albums while I"m feeling it.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:17 am

Just downloaded Placebo's Loud Like Love. I'm a huge Placebo fan, and even though they're on the downward spiral (musically, not drug related. Let's face it, drugs make for better music), I'm still excited to listen to it. Doubt there are any fans in here but I'm gonna rank my favorite albums not including this new one.

Without You I'm Nothing - 4th favorite album of all time for me
Sleeping With Ghosts
Meds
Black Market Music
Placebo
Battle for the Sun
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:13 am

Aw yeah...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:46 pm

Oh, no. Not you too.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:45 am

Welcome to the nightmare I have created...

On a serious note, I've been listening to the new Janelle Monae album pretty much nonstop. I highly recommend it.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:00 am

I'm kind of mixed when it comes to the new Janelle Monae. It's good... but I feel like it isn't half as good as her last album. The average song from this album is about as good as the 3rd or 4th worst from that one if you ask me (though everything is better than that Of Montreal collaboration)

I could just need to listen to it more, though
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum